07-15-2014 12:26 PM
1,900 ... 3536373839 ...
tools
    Like I said, ask your insurance company why. You guys never want to blame big business for anything.
    I told you why. And liberals never want to blame Oliar for anything.
    This has been explained a few times now... by officials, tons of media analysis, within these forums... I'm not really sure what the answer you're looking for is.
    This cannot be explained for anything but what it is, a lie.

Those opposed already did vote against the president's 2nd term, it didn't work. The electoral result would have required a major swing of democrats who either declined to vote at all, or voted for republicans, in 4 key states, in order to have any impact on the final tally.
    And had those democrats known the truth, the vote may have swung.
    I think they're asking you to rise above name calling and make points based on facts (not fox), rather than incessantly repeating talking points, especially after those talking points have been proven to be false, horribly misleading and damaging to an honest debate.
    And what points would those be?
    11-10-2013 03:31 PM
    Unfortunately our system is too partisan for things like facts to change voting behavior. If nothing but integrity and wisdom mattered, neither Romney nor Obama would have even been on the ballot.

I don't really think voters elected Obama so much as shut Romney down... At at least those that voted for anything other than blind party position.

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    11-10-2013 03:36 PM
    My husband isn't h having any babies anytime soon and his coverage does not include maternity care and it was not cancelled. So now what?

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    11-10-2013 03:37 PM
    I told you why. And liberals never want to blame Oliar for anything.
    That's just great. No debate here. We'll just call names. :rolleyes:

palandri and rexxman like this.
    11-10-2013 03:39 PM
    Unfortunately our system is too partisan for things like facts to change voting behavior. If nothing but integrity and wisdom mattered, neither Romney nor Obama would have even been on the ballot.

I don't really think voters elected Obama so much as shut Romney down... At at least those that voted for anything other than blind party position.

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    I can agree with that...I didn't like either choice.

Sent from a device that supports the proposed 28th amendment
    11-10-2013 03:39 PM
    Again, insurance companies are in it for the profit. Ask the insurance company why they have raised the rates.

I can't say it any more clearly than that.

11-10-2013 03:41 PM
    My husband isn't h having any babies anytime soon and his coverage does not include maternity care and it was not cancelled. So now what?

I am glad for y'all that he is not losing his coverage. That is a blessing.
    I thought that United Healthcare was a Medicare supplement. Shows how much I know. That's who my wife's aunt has her Medicare supplement with.
    11-10-2013 03:47 PM
    Again, insurance companies are in it for the profit. Ask the insurance company why they have raised the rates.

They should be able to raise a co-pay more than $5 without losing grandfather status. That is just wrong.
    Aquila likes this.
    11-10-2013 03:49 PM

Not trying to facetious when I say that's the first I've heard of maternity not being forced on a male. Perhaps you should explain what's so special about his policy/insurer that allowed him to keep it.
    11-10-2013 03:53 PM

What's funny to me is people like using the argument about big business and profits. Do you realize how much money the government stands to make off of the middle class with bloated insurance policies and fines? The government spend my money, your money, everybody else's money and then borrows more when that's not enough. So I kind of think they're in it for the profit too. Fewer choices means higher prices and that's what we're getting. It may not affect you right now, but give it time and it will.

11-10-2013 03:57 PM
    They should be able to raise a co-pay more than $5 without losing grandfather status. That is just wrong.
    I agree. If I want to pay more I should be a le to make that choice. We all know why they put such tight restrictions on the grandfather clause. They never intended on people being able to keep their policies because they knew the ones that have existing policies wouldn't buy into their system.

11-10-2013 04:02 PM
    Not trying to facetious when I say that's the first I've heard of maternity not being forced on a male. Perhaps you should explain what's so special about his policy/insurer that allowed him to keep it.
    He is self insured, it's his policy, alone. Not a family plan. He got the insurance when he was 55 he's going on 59 now. It's not a Cadillac policy but it works fine for him.

United Health Care isn't just Medicare. They are the biggest insurer in the country.

11-10-2013 04:06 PM
    It's not a Cadillac policy but it works fine for him.
    A lot of policies like that are getting cancelled. If maternity care is required now, then it must be in his policy (or will be added). Otherwise, it wouldn't qualify.
    11-10-2013 04:11 PM
    What's funny to me is people like using the argument about big business and profits. Do you realize how much money the government stands to make off of the middle class with bloated insurance policies and fines? The government spend my money, your money, everybody else's money and then borrows more when that's not enough. So I kind of think they're in it for the profit too. Fewer choices means higher prices and that's what we're getting. It may not affect you right now, but give it time and it will.

Believe me, the insurance companies are making a whole lot more money than the big bad government will ever make in fines. The government is not making money off of the policies, the insurance companies are.

If the government was making a profit, it wouldn't be in the red. The country borrows money for a whole lot of other reasons, like that bloated defense budget that eclipses what the entire world spends on defense.

And as for fewer choices, on the first day of sign up there were 4, count them, 4 companies in PA offering coverage. When I got on the site last week, with no trouble btw, there were 55 companies offering coverage. I haven't checked it this week.

11-10-2013 04:12 PM
    He is self insured, it's his policy, alone. Not a family plan. He got the insurance when he was 55 he's going on 59 now. It's not a Cadillac policy but it works fine for him.

United Health Care isn't just Medicare. They are the biggest insurer in the country.

Tomorrow, I'll see if I can find the letter we received and I'll take a shot of his policy where maternity care is excluded. I have no reason to make this stuff up. Really...

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3[/QUOTE]

11-10-2013 04:15 PM
    Believe me, the insurance companies are making a whole lot more money than the big bad government will ever make in fines. The government is not making money off of the policies, the insurance companies are.

If the government was making a profit, it wouldn't be in the red. The country borrows money for a whole lot of other reasons, like that bloated defense budget that eclipses what the entire world spends on defense.

And as for fewer choices, on the first day of sign up there were 4, count them, 4 companies in PA offering coverage. When I got on the site last week, with no trouble btw, there were 55 companies offering coverage. I haven't checked it this week.

The government could make an infinite amount of money and would still be in the red. The only thing the government is good at it is spending money even if they don't have it

11-10-2013 04:18 PM
    I still have to find the letter, but here is his policy terms...

11-10-2013 04:29 PM
    Then that is creative accounting.
    So your policy was cancelled because they raised the co pay amount? It's that what you are saying?

11-10-2013 04:33 PM
    Then that is creative accounting.
    So your policy was cancelled because they raised the co pay amount? It's that what you are saying?

Yep, per Obummercare grandfather rules. A co-pay on an existing policy cannot be raised more than $5, or it loses grandfather status.
    11-10-2013 04:41 PM
    Wasn't that convenient of the insurance company. Sounds like a loophole to me. Did they send you documentation of that reason?

And you're not mad at the insurance company.

gamefreak715 likes this.
    11-10-2013 04:45 PM
    Wasn't that convenient of the insurance company. Sounds like a loophole to me. Did they send you documentation of that reason?

And you're not mad at the insurance company.

Why be mad at the insurance company for stupid government restrictions? That's why the restrictions were put there, so people would be forced to go to Obummercare eventually.
    cdmjlt369 likes this.
    11-10-2013 04:53 PM
    Why be mad at the insurance company for stupid government restrictions? That's why the restrictions were put there, so people would be forced to go to Obummercare eventually.
    EXACTLY RIGHT

11-10-2013 04:59 PM

EVERY company is in it for the profit. That's the very definition of a business (which an insurance company is).

Signatures, shmignatures...
    11-10-2013 04:59 PM
    Because...They knew the restriction, they raised the co pay so you WOULD have to pay for another policy. They're not stupid, this is a cash cow for them. But go ahead and defend the insurance companies.

If you're going to continue to call it by anything than the ACA or Obamacare, you guys can continue to chat among yourselves.

oz123, palandri and gamefreak715 like this.
    11-10-2013 05:17 PM
    As for every company is in for a profit.
    Google....

'RAC road side assist'

Its a not for profit insurer.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    11-10-2013 05:26 PM
1,900 ... 3536373839 ...