07-15-2014 12:26 PM
1,900 ... 3839404142 ...
tools
    Excuse me for any bad grammar, the case on my tablet is quite thick so ya....

Sent from my HTC Xperia S4
    11-13-2013 08:39 PM
    Could you expand on the lies and why it does more harm than good?
    Only 100000 enrollees and 5 million cancellations sound about right?

I really wish people would quit blindly following their political party and call them out for things like this.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    tooter123, cdmjlt369 and palandri like this.
    11-14-2013 06:39 AM
    My response to this thread

Sent from Samsung Z1 GPE on T-Mobile
    Never mind Android Central won't let me post a photo...
    11-14-2013 06:42 AM
    WMD in Iraq.
    Democrats and republicans voted to go in after the intelligence that was shown.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    cdmjlt369 likes this.
    11-14-2013 06:42 AM
    Democrats and republicans voted to go in after the intelligence that was shown.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Point is that the vote didn't matter. Same thing was said when Obama wanted a vote on Syria "he's going to do what he wants anyway" because he's the Commander in Chief and can when it comes to the military. And again, all Congress can really do is stop the funding. As we've seen before, though, they're unwilling to do that because of the perception of not taking care of our troops.

But we're getting off on tangents here. I'm not sure that what's going on right now will hurt democrats enough to really help the Republicans in the long run.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    11-14-2013 06:56 AM
    Trying to stay on the trail. The president's world is caving around him because he is dishonest.

I still don't know why people bring up Bush and claim he lied. He did what the Constitution said he should do.
    That was to protect us. All the intelligence agency's worldwide had the same data and the UN was behind it as well, distasteful as that is.

This president has had a cloud over him from the beginning. His biggest problem is that he simply has no governance experience and as a
    community organizer he has failed to organize the American Community. He simple drives in wedges and shoots for the leftist approach to
    things.

They claim he has a dislike for the process, well if that's the case what the hell is he doing sitting in the Oval Office? Doesn't it matter that we have
    a president who literally does not have our interest as his first priority? He places himself first as 150 rounds of golf would indicate when he was needed
    to actually look out after us, or protect us as Bush did. Even if its from himself.
    cdmjlt369 likes this.
    11-14-2013 07:06 AM
    I'm not sure that what's going on right now will hurt democrats enough to really help the Republicans in the long run.
    If you believe that statement you are either delusional or clearly not paying attention to the utter disaster of a train wreck that is the Obama Administration. Where do you get your news, MSLSD??
    11-14-2013 07:08 AM
    The basic principles of government are to protect life, liberty and property. They've already taken away my liberty and they'll probably take me away because I'm criticizing the government negatively

11-14-2013 07:14 AM
    If you believe that statement you are either delusional or clearly not paying attention to the utter disaster of a train wreck that is the Obama Administration. Where do you get your news, MSLSD??
    You're thinking short term. Republicans shut the government down. The ACA has had a terrible start. If the problems are fixed and the process starts to work this will pass. Mid term elections are next year, still plenty of time for both sides to screw more stuff up.

Presidential elections are even further away. This will be a blip by the time those come around.

palandri likes this.
    11-14-2013 07:19 AM
    You're thinking short term. Republicans shut the government down. The ACA has had a terrible start. If the problems are fixed and the process starts to work this will pass. Mid term elections are next year, still plenty of time for both sides to screw more stuff up.

Presidential elections are even further away. This will be a blip by the time those come around.

Your response clearly shows which of the 2 options I mentioned in my post pertain to you. Have a nice day.
    11-14-2013 07:25 AM
    You don't run for president anymore, you buy your seat. Do you know how much the candidates spent last year?

11-14-2013 07:25 AM
    Your response clearly shows which of the 2 options I mentioned in my post pertain to you. Have a nice day.
    Way to bow out without saying anything of substance. Things pass. If you think the government shutdown won't matter than neither will the ACA launch.

palandri likes this.
    11-14-2013 07:30 AM
    Way to bow out without saying anything of substance. Things pass. If you think the government shutdown won't matter than neither will the ACA launch.

In Soviet Russia government shuts you down

11-14-2013 07:40 AM
    Trying to stay on the trail. The president's world is caving around him because he is dishonest.

I still don't know why people bring up Bush and claim he lied. He did what the Constitution said he should do.
    That was to protect us. All the intelligence agency's worldwide had the same data and the UN was behind it as well, distasteful as that is.
    They had our intelligence, not their own. We presented it to the U.N. in a way that was hard to disagree with. It was clearly wrong and inaccurate, and people knew, but they went with it anyway. There was no "smoking gun".

I'm also going to point out that you didn't say Bush didn't lie, you just justified it by saying "he was just doing his job".

palandri likes this.
    11-14-2013 07:41 AM
    They had our intelligence, not their own.
    Pretty much the whole world agreed at the time that Saddam had WMDs. The Germans, Brits, French, Israelis and many others all agreed.

The reality is that the chemical weapons in Syria that Barack Obama doesn't have the balls to go after and gain control over came from Iraq.
    11-14-2013 07:53 AM

This president has had a cloud over him from the beginning. His biggest problem is that he simply has no governance experience and as a
    community organizer he has failed to organize the American Community. He simple drives in wedges and shoots for the leftist approach to
    things.

They claim he has a dislike for the process, well if that's the case what the hell is he doing sitting in the Oval Office? Doesn't it matter that we have
    a president who literally does not have our interest as his first priority? He places himself first as 150 rounds of golf would indicate when he was needed
    to actually look out after us, or protect us as Bush did. Even if its from himself.
    How do you explain the Tea Party people in Congress who despise the government and what it stands for while taking millions in subsidies for their own businesses? Hmmm?

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    palandri likes this.
    11-14-2013 08:08 AM
    Only 100000 enrollees and 5 million cancellations sound about right?

I really wish people would quit blindly following their political party and call them out for things like this.
    The questions wasn't directed at you, but as long as you replied, let's look at some numbers and put them in perspective. That's the key! put the numbers in perspective.

Let's start with cancellations and let's assume your numbers are accurate. There are 314 million people in the U.S., 5 million out of 314 million is 1.6%. Then lets assume a family of 3 is covered by by one of these canceled policies, so now 15 million people are effected, that's 4.8% of 314 million, less than 5% effected. If you listen certain news stations, they make it sound like a lot more people are effected, but look at the numbers.

Let's look at Fast Food workers. There are an estimated 2.3 million fast food workers in the U.S. I would imagine most are employed by McDonalds, since they are the largest. McDonalds had a mini-med plan. A single worker can pay $14 a week for a plan that caps annual benefits at $2,000, or about $32 a week to get coverage up to $10,000 a year. McDonald's Says It May Drop Health Plan - WSJ.com Obviously the mini med plan will be canceled by the ACA. I can't imagine a McDonalds employee wanting to pay $128 a month for $10K of coverage when they can get full coverage under the ACA.

When you put the numbers in perspective, it's not as bad as certain news stations are making it out to be.
    11-14-2013 08:13 AM
    Pretty much the whole world agreed at the time that Saddam had WMDs. The Germans, Brits, French, Israelis and many others all agreed.

The reality is that the chemical weapons in Syria that Barack Obama doesn't have the balls to go after and gain control over came from Iraq.

Whoa! Lets be accurate here. My wife is French and the French did not agree that Saddam had WMD's and were chastised by the Bush administration, which caused anger and hostility towards the French. Don't you remember French Fries changing to American Fries?, French Toast changing to American Toast? People dumping out French wine in front of news cameras? Politicians from Louisiana taking down their French websites?
    msndrstood likes this.
    11-14-2013 08:19 AM

The Iraq War was started, in a large part, on the information provided by ONE man, Ahmed Chalabi. This article describes his little tete a tete with **** Cheney and voila, we're off to war.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...ns-s-apartment

And if you don't like that article, look up Chalabi and pick your poison, there is plenty out there.

As for Syria and their chemical weapons... who was screaming the loudest against the President going in after Assad and his chemical weapons?

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    palandri likes this.
    11-14-2013 08:20 AM
    When you put the numbers in perspective, it's not as bad as certain news stations are making it out to be.
    Maybe it's still too early for me, but did you just try to justify losing 5 million policies to gain 2.3 million (net loss of 2.7 million) as not being as bad as the news stations say? Sounds like a raw deal to me when the goal was to increase the amount of covered people.
    11-14-2013 08:35 AM
    Maybe it's still too early for me, but did you just try to justify losing 5 million policies to gain 2.3 million (net loss of 2.7 million) as not being as bad as the news stations say? Sounds like a raw deal to me when the goal was to increase the amount of covered people.
    No, I wasn't trying to justify your statement.
    11-14-2013 08:41 AM
    Whoa! Lets be accurate here. My wife is French and the French did not agree that Saddam had WMD's and were chastised by the Bush administration, which caused anger and hostility towards the French. Don't you remember French Fries changing to American Fries?, French Toast changing to American Toast? People dumping out French wine in front of news cameras? Politicians from Louisiana taking down their French websites?
    I didn't say the French were for the war in Iraq. I said that ALL the intelligence gathered by every nation gathering intelligence in the region, including France, pointed to Irag having WMD's. The fact that Germany and France were being led by panty wearing liberals at the time who didn't have the balls to do do anything about it doesn't change the facts.
    11-14-2013 08:59 AM
    Back to the original post.......Obamacare is a dismal failure and will not be saved. The Obama Administration is the joke of the planet and does nothing but lie, deceive and spin. If it were not for the 5 million (so far) Americans losing their health insurance this debacle would be the funniest thing I've seen in all my years of following politics. Watching the Obamacare defenders these days is nothing short of hilarious!
    11-14-2013 09:03 AM
    I didn't say the French were for the war in Iraq. I said that ALL the intelligence gathered by every nation gathering intelligence in the region, including France, pointed to Irag having WMD's. The fact that Germany and France were being led by panty wearing liberals at the time who didn't have the balls to do do anything about it doesn't change the facts.
    You definitely need to change the words that you're choosing to use. There have to be better, more intelligent ways to get your point across.

Who presented the intelligence to the UN? Who pushed for action there? If you're going to compare Iraq to Syria, then please, let's do that. I would prefer us not to get involved in another conflict if we can avoid it, especially if we're going to do it mostly alone. Look where that got us with regards to Iraq/Afghanistan and our standing in the International community. That mistake isn't one that needs to be repeated IMO.
    palandri likes this.
    11-14-2013 09:12 AM
    That's not accurate and it's also quite insulting.
    11-14-2013 09:17 AM
1,900 ... 3839404142 ...