07-15-2014 12:26 PM
1,900 ... 3940414243 ...
tools
    ... remember French Fries changing to American Fries?, French Toast changing to American Toast?
    I remember it being freedom fries and freedom toast.

⊙⊙ Signatures, shmignatures
    palandri likes this.
    11-14-2013 09:20 AM
    I remember it being freedom fries and freedom toast.

⊙⊙ Signatures, shmignatures
    You're correct, I remember both being used.
    11-14-2013 09:23 AM
    The questions wasn't directed at you, but as long as you replied, let's look at some numbers and put them in perspective. That's the key! put the numbers in perspective.

Let's start with cancellations and let's assume your numbers are accurate. There are 314 million people in the U.S., 5 million out of 314 million is 1.6%. Then lets assume a family of 3 is covered by by one of these canceled policies, so now 15 million people are effected, that's 4.8% of 314 million, less than 5% effected. If you listen certain news stations, they make it sound like a lot more people are effected, but look at the numbers.

Let's look at Fast Food workers. There are an estimated 2.3 million fast food workers in the U.S. I would imagine most are employed by McDonalds, since they are the largest. McDonalds had a mini-med plan. A single worker can pay $14 a week for a plan that caps annual benefits at $2,000, or about $32 a week to get coverage up to $10,000 a year. McDonald's Says It May Drop Health Plan - WSJ.com Obviously the mini med plan will be canceled by the ACA. I can't imagine a McDonalds employee wanting to pay $128 a month for $10K of coverage when they can get full coverage under the ACA.

When you put the numbers in perspective, it's not as bad as certain news stations are making it out to be.
    Way to try to pickup a turd from the clean end.

Government cannot run anything efficiently. look at history. Better yet, before you keep trying to defend this monstrosity, how would you be reacting right now if republicans would have came up with this? Something tells me you wouldn't be defending it. None of them are on your side. If it were so great, why are they all exempt from it? Any bad decision, whether from a democrat or republican, should be addressed by people and they should stop the letting their parties think for themselves and start questioning everything.
    ludesleep and cdmjlt369 like this.
    11-14-2013 09:24 AM
    How do you explain the Tea Party people in Congress who despise the government and what it stands for while taking millions in subsidies for their own businesses? Hmmm?

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    I hate to break it to you, but both sides do it. If you truly want to change Washington, you have to take the money out of it.
    Aquila likes this.
    11-14-2013 09:36 AM
    You definitely need to change the words that you're choosing to use. There have to be better, more intelligent ways to get your point across.

Who presented the intelligence to the UN? Who pushed for action there? If you're going to compare Iraq to Syria, then please, let's do that. I would prefer us not to get involved in another conflict if we can avoid it, especially if we're going to do it mostly alone. Look where that got us with regards to Iraq/Afghanistan and our standing in the International community. That mistake isn't one that needs to be repeated IMO.
    I'm not changing my words because you can't read and comprehend them. I said exactly what I meant, the confusion is on your part.

I agree with you regarding our standing in the international community. Barack Obama has ruined it. Our allies don't trust a word he says and our enemies don't fear a thing he does. He is a clown on the international stage making all of us less safe, less prosperous and less respected.

Now I've said all I'm going to say to you. I learned a long time ago that it is a complete waste of time to debate politics with a panty wearing, girly-man liberal. We will never see eye to eye and I thank God for that. Have a nice day.
    tooter123 likes this.
    11-14-2013 09:37 AM
    I'm not changing my words because you can't read and comprehend them. I said exactly what I meant, the confusion is on your part.

I agree with you regarding our standing in the international community. Barack Obama has ruined it. Our allies don't trust a word he says and our enemies don't fear a thing he does. He is a clown on the international stage making all of us less safe, less prosperous and less respected.

Now I've said all I'm going to say to you. I learned a long time ago that it is a complete waste of time to debate politics with a panty wearing, girly-man liberal. We will never see eye to eye and I thank God for that. Have a nice day.
    How ignorant of you. That's why nobody will take your posts seriously anymore.
    palandri likes this.
    11-14-2013 09:42 AM

aaaaannnndddd, here we go with the name calling.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    palandri likes this.
    11-14-2013 09:43 AM
    ....Government cannot run anything efficiently. look at history. Better yet, before you keep trying to defend this monstrosity, how would you be reacting right now if republicans would have came up with this? Something tells me you wouldn't be defending it. None of them are on your side. If it were so great, why are they all exempt from it? Any bad decision, whether from a democrat or republican, should be addressed by people and they should stop the letting their parties think for themselves and start questioning everything.
    Well, you bet wrong.

First off, I don't think Obama went far enough. I am in favor of a single payer (not for profit) system. The ACA is modeled after the healthcare system that Romney implemented in Massachusetts and he's a Republican. It's a step in the right direction and I applaud Romney for doing it.

Second, my point in putting the numbers in perspective has to do with "presentation". I can say a Google Nexus 5 only comes with only a lousy 1 year, (hope it doesn't break) warranty or I can say the Google Nexus 5 come with a fantastic full 1 year warranty, couple that with outstanding customer service with any problems you may have. As you can see, I can take the same warranty and make it sound bad or good with my presentation. Now if you listen to Fox News dealing with insurance cancellation, it sounds like the vast majority of Americans are having their insurance canceled.
    11-14-2013 09:53 AM
    Now if you listen to Fox News dealing with insurance cancellation, it sounds like the vast majority of Americans are having their insurance canceled.
    Fox News has not insinuated that at all. They have stated that around 5 million people have had their policies cancelled, not the "vast majority".
    Obummer is giving a speech at 11:35 to reveal his "fix". It should be interesting. I hope that he tells the truth this time.
    Did anyone see the new poll that shows that 50% of people polled believe that Obummer intentionally lied? Wow!
    11-14-2013 10:00 AM
    Single non profit payer? Communism? It's not the governments responsibility to take care of people. What's next? Everyone needs cars, is the government going to start buying them next? Why do you want government to get bigger? It's too big now. It doesn't make enough money from taxpayers to pay for the spending now.
    11-14-2013 10:03 AM
    What really bothers me about peoples mindset today, is that someone else should pay for my stuff. Then, when they find out they have to pay more, they get shocked and outraged.
    11-14-2013 10:07 AM
    Just take a look at where palandri is located. That explains alot.
    11-14-2013 10:10 AM
    Just remember, Obama is spying on this forum

Sent from Samsung Z1 GPE on T-Mobile
    festinator likes this.
    11-14-2013 10:53 AM
    Just take a look at where palandri is located. That explains alot.
    Your comments are saying a lot about you, and it's not good stuff being said.
    msndrstood likes this.
    11-14-2013 10:57 AM
    That depends on your point of view.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-14-2013 11:19 AM
    If a liberal thinks it's "not good stuff" then it must be pretty good.

Bratigan likes this.
    11-14-2013 11:20 AM
    That depends on your point of view.

I'm pretty sure that disrespect and being insulting is fairly universal. No point of view needed. You should probably view this thread in the browser, instead of the app, so that you understand the importance/relevance of what's being said to you by me about your attitude and tone.
    msndrstood likes this.
    11-14-2013 11:22 AM
    The mindset, for the most part, in Chicago sucks!!! I have no problem pointing that out and do not apologize for it.. If your sensitive little feelings are hurt that'd be on you.

11-14-2013 11:23 AM
    The mindset, for the most part, in Chicago sucks!!! I have no problem pointing that out and do not apologize for it.. If your sensitive little feelings are hurt that'd be on you.

My problem is that there are people that find it insulting. I see a mini vacation in your future if you keep going....
    11-14-2013 11:26 AM
    so that you understand the importance/relevance of what's being said to you by me
    that is rich!!!!!
    11-14-2013 11:27 AM
    whats with all the hate?
    11-14-2013 01:04 PM
    whats with all the hate?
    Not hard to hate lying.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Bratigan likes this.
    11-14-2013 01:16 PM
    Not hard to hate lying.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Our government lies to us, yet some people like it

11-14-2013 01:33 PM
    Our government lies to us, yet some people like it

Kids lie and people still like kids. Anyways I'm a Canadian and haven't really been following what's been going on down south so can someone explain what Obama has lied about?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-14-2013 02:06 PM
    Kids lie and people still like kids. Anyways I'm a Canadian and haven't really been following what's been going on down south so can someone explain what Obama has lied about?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    He's lied about the NSA, a successful health Care act and promise to get our troops back.

Sent from my HTC Xperia S4
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    11-14-2013 02:23 PM
1,900 ... 3940414243 ...