07-15-2014 12:26 PM
1,900 ... 4142434445 ...
tools
    I really don't know, because Bill Clinton was impeached for a whole lot less.
    Under the Constitution, the President or any other official may be impeached for treason, high crimes, and misdemeanors. President Clinton was impeached for perjury. He lied under oath to a Congressional investigation which is a crime. What he lied about was not a crime which is also why the Senate chose to not find him guilty.

President Obama has not been accused of lying under oath or breaking a law, just for supporting and promoting a horribly bad one. Congress is the only branch which has the authority to introduce and pass laws. This is why they are starting to jump ship on this disaster. They realize that they are the ones who are going to face the wrath of the American people.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    11-15-2013 05:50 AM
    Under the Constitution, the President or any other official may be impeached for treason, high crimes, and misdemeanors. President Clinton was impeached for perjury. He lied under oath to a Congressional investigation which is a crime. What he lied about was not a crime which is also why the Senate chose to not find him guilty.

President Obama has not been accused of lying under oath or breaking a law, just for supporting and promoting a horribly bad one. Congress is the only branch which has the authority to introduce and pass laws. This is why they are starting to jump ship on this disaster. They realize that they are the ones who are going to face the wrath of the American people.

Actually congress can only veto and pass laws to the president. They can't approve like the president.

Sent from Samsung Z1 GPE on T-Mobile
    11-15-2013 06:45 AM
    Actually congress can only veto and pass laws to the president. They can't approve like the president.

The power to pass bills is granted only to the Congress in Article 1. The President has absolutely no authority there. Congress has no veto authority. That is granted only to the President in Article 2. It's called checks and balances.

The President checks the power of Congress by veto of any bill he doesn't like. Congress checks that power through the override of a Presidential veto. The Judiciary checks both by declaring a law to be unconstitutional.

The President can't pass anything. He can only approve or disapprove an act of Congress. Why? Because the Constitution doesn't trust him. There are safeguards that prevent any of the three branches from usurping the authority and power of the other two.

The Congress introduced and passed that health care act not the President. All he did was sign his name to it after the fact making it an official law. Up until that point he had absolutely no constitutional authority.

Bratigan likes this.
    11-15-2013 07:09 AM
    The power to pass bills is granted only to the Congress in Article 1. The President has absolutely no authority there. Congress has no veto authority. That is granted only to the President in Article 2. It's called checks and balances.

The President checks the power of Congress by veto of any bill he doesn't like. Congress checks that power through the override of a Presidential veto. The Judiciary checks both by declaring a law to be unconstitutional.

The President can't pass anything. He can only approve or disapprove an act of Congress. Why? Because the Constitution doesn't trust him. There are safeguards that prevent any of the three branches from usurping the authority and power of the other two.

The Congress introduced and passed that health care act not the President. All he did was sign his name to it after the fact making it an official law. Up until that point he had absolutely no constitutional authority.

That's basically what I just said dim wit...

11-15-2013 08:36 AM
    That's basically what I just said dim wit...

Got a little attitude, huh?

BTW, what is a Samsung Z1?
    11-15-2013 09:51 AM
    Got a little attitude, huh?

BTW, what is a Samsung Z1?
    A phone I invented lol

11-15-2013 10:13 AM
    Just a side note, the president of the Senate (the Vice President of the US) castes the deciding vote at the Senate Trial in he event of a tie. The vote was split 50 for, 50 against.
    I believe Al Gore was Vice President and he caste the deciding vote. Seems that that action was the reason that Clinton was not found guilty. I am willing to bet
    it was political compromise.
    11-16-2013 08:48 AM
    Just a side note, the president of the Senate (the Vice President of the US) castes the deciding vote at the Senate Trial in he event of a tie. The vote was split 50 for, 50 against.
    I believe Al Gore was Vice President and he caste the deciding vote. Seems that that action was the reason that Clinton was not found guilty. I am willing to bet
    it was political compromise.
    On the charge of obstruction of justice 50 Senators voted to remove Clinton. On the perjury charge 45 voted to remove him. Not a single Democrat voted guilty on either charge. BTW...67 Senators must vote guilty to remove someone...

11-16-2013 07:49 PM
    Kate Upton?

Sent from my HTC Xperia S4
    Yes, Kate Upton is my future wife. But please don't tell my wife that.
    11-17-2013 09:57 AM
    Yes, Kate Upton is my future wife. But please don't tell my wife that.
    Can I have a prom date first?

11-17-2013 10:17 AM
    Sigh. The second post you quoted totally contradicts the answer you gave for the first post you quoted. LOL

No, it can't be race. That's not the answer for everything. If he (or any President) does anything that legitimately and impeachable offense than that should be done. Maybe, just maybe, there isn't anything legitimate being thrown out there. You know if it could happen that the Obama haters would MAKE it happen, just like they've made other things happen.
    You again misinterpreted something I said. In my second post, I said "plays a hand in it." Therefor it does not contradict my saying that it is because he is a democrat. When will Americans learn to look at a person based on their qualifications, and them as an individual, and not their race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, and so on.
    11-17-2013 10:45 AM
    The republicans have led the House since 1997. They also had the Senate from 1995 to 2007 except for 2001-2003, where it was split evenly.
    I must have misunderstood my professor then. My apologies.
    11-17-2013 11:22 AM
    And whoever can come up with something (either party), somehow get it implemented and successful, will have a good chance of being elected the next President.

⊙⊙ Signatures, shmignatures
    Except that the press will somehow make it appear that the democrats were the ones to save us, even if they weren't.
    11-17-2013 11:27 AM
    Can I have a prom date first?

Sure, but only because we're Android Central brothers!
    11-17-2013 12:55 PM
    Sure, but only because we're Android Central brothers!
    Yay!!!! Oh btw try using the multi quote function next time

11-17-2013 01:28 PM
    Yay!!!! Oh btw try using the multi quote function next time

I usually try to. I am just on my iPod Touch at work, and it is pretty hellacious to use multi-quote on that. On a different note, what kind of car is that in your avatar photo?
    11-17-2013 02:13 PM
    I usually try to. I am just on my iPod Touch at work, and it is pretty hellacious to use multi-quote on that. On a different note, what kind of car is that in your avatar photo?
    Friends Audi R8 V10 Spyder

11-17-2013 02:46 PM
    Friends Audi R8 V10 Spyder

I figured it was the R8, but wasn't one hundred percent sure.

posted on my mobile device please excuse any errors
    11-17-2013 02:53 PM
    You again misinterpreted something I said. In my second post, I said "plays a hand in it." Therefor it does not contradict my saying that it is because he is a democrat. When will Americans learn to look at a person based on their qualifications, and them as an individual, and not their race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, and so on.
    I didn't bring it up, you did. My point still stands.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    11-17-2013 04:04 PM
    I didn't bring it up, you did. My point still stands.

And it is as inaccurate now as it was then. Stop twisting what I said, you are wrong.
    11-17-2013 04:46 PM
    "No punishment, in my opinion, is too great for the man who can build his greatness upon his countrys ruin." George Washington

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    11-17-2013 05:29 PM
    And it is as inaccurate now as it was then. Stop twisting what I said, you are wrong.
    So it's not accurate to say that if any impeachable actions have been done the Obama haters would be all over it and would make it happen?

11-17-2013 07:55 PM
    Obama is probably one of the worst presidents we've ever had. Attempting to accomplish goals that aren't even theoretically possible. Free healthcare? Go home you're not Canada.

11-17-2013 08:17 PM
    Obama is probably one of the worst presidents we've ever had. Attempting to accomplish goals that aren't even theoretically possible. Free healthcare? Go home you're not Canada.

The "free healthcare" thing doesn't make sense. Those "30 million" people added to insurance rolls don't exist yet, so any rate hikes so far are preemptive punitive strikes. When they do exist, they'll be paying for health insurance and then more for healthcare. That's not free healthcare and it's going to net billions for insurance companies, atop their rate hikes. This isn't a single payer system and there is no public option. Right now we already pay for the uninsured and under insured by the hugely inflated prices. The stupid part is assuming providers will deflate rather than pocketing the enormous profits coming their way. Only losers here are the people. Companies and doctors will be fine.

Nexus. Through spacetime.
    11-17-2013 08:26 PM
    The only reason why Canada has free healthcare is because of the freaking high taxes. I think its 18% right now.

11-17-2013 08:48 PM
1,900 ... 4142434445 ...