07-15-2014 12:26 PM
1,900 ... 4445464748 ...
tools
    I don't know how people can stop looking for work.

And as for those gas prices, did you forget the world wide recession that occurred right before Obama took office? That was the reason gas prices dropped. Not the fact that Obama was elected President. :rolleyes:

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    11-20-2013 04:03 PM
    I guess that they just get so disappointed in their search to find a job. And from what I have read, 93% of the jobs created have been part-time, probably due in part to Obummercare. Not really a way to grow the economy.
    11-21-2013 08:34 AM
    I guess that they just get so disappointed in their search to find a job. And from what I have read, 93% of the jobs created have been part-time, probably due in part to Obummercare. Not really a way to grow the economy.

And as for those gas prices, did you forget the world wide recession that occurred right before Obama took office? That was the reason gas prices dropped. Not the fact that Obama was elected President. :rolleyes:
    I never said that was the reason. I just stated a fact.
    11-21-2013 08:38 AM
    But the inference was that it was a result of something Obama did, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    11-21-2013 08:40 AM
    No, it wasn't. I just threw it out there. If Obummer would agree to the Keystone pipeline, then prices would certainly drop and jobs created. But, evidently he is too stupid to do it, and probably the real reason is that Republicans want to do it.
    11-21-2013 08:46 AM
    No, it wasn't. I just threw it out there. If Obummer would agree to the Keystone pipeline, then prices would certainly drop and jobs created. But, evidently he is too stupid to do it, and probably the real reason is that Republicans want to do it.
    It's a bad idea:

5 Reasons Keystone XL Pipeline is a Bad Idea | Care2 Causes

and here's one from Fox News: Six reasons Keystone XL was a bad deal all along | Fox News
    11-21-2013 09:46 AM
    The keystone pipeline would do nothing but create a few temporary jobs while the environment takes a hit. We export oil. The pipeline would only allow us to export more oil. We can drill until we are blue in the face but if we don't keep the oil in the country, then what's the point?

Sent from my Nexus 5
    msndrstood likes this.
    11-21-2013 10:22 AM
    I have no idea.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    it must be nice for the democrats to have control of the press.

posted on my mobile device please excuse any errors
    11-21-2013 04:30 PM
    Not that I'm a fan of Obama, nor did I vote for him, but this sort of crap gets said about everyone who holds the office.

And as far as domestic spying as well as foreign spying goes (in the modern sense we're talking about here) that goes back probably as far as Truman. Eisenhower signed off on the CIA and one of the first instances of toppling a legitimate ELECTED government through Operation Ajax.

Talk all you want about the things that Obama has done, but let's not forget that Obama is not the first president to engage in these actions. This attitude that "Obama is the bad guy for doing all this spying" is a complete misrepresentation of history.
    Kevin OQuinn likes this.
    11-21-2013 07:01 PM
    Why would he (Obama) leave these two words out of this historical speech?

Obama Removes 'God' From Gettysburg Address

Read the update on the story.
    there are 5 versions of the address. The version he was ask to read did not have it in there.
    11-21-2013 07:08 PM
    Read the update on the story.
    there are 5 versions of the address. The version he was ask to read did not have it in there.
    Actually I didn't know there were 5 versions. Honestly as far as I am concerned the only version that counts is the one Lincoln gave. So did that version contain the word 'God'?
    11-22-2013 04:53 PM
    Actually I didn't know there were 5 versions. Honestly as far as I am concerned the only version that counts is the one Lincoln gave. So did that version contain the word 'God'?
    And their in lies the problem we do not know. And again non story. It is the classic we hate Obama so we are going to make a massive mountain out of a mole hill at something that is easily explain and facts show otherwise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    11-22-2013 04:58 PM
    And their in lies the problem we do not know. And again non story. It is the classic we hate Obama so we are going to make a massive mountain out of a mole hill at something that is easily explain and facts show otherwise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    If Obummer knew anything about history, he would know that God is in the original speech, and would have put Him in his speech.

11-22-2013 07:52 PM
    If Obummer knew anything about history, he would know that God is in the original speech, and would have put Him in his speech.

On Topic: Historians don't know whether it did or not, how could he know? Either way, they asked many people to read different versions, that's the one that was chosen for him.

Off Topic: I think that it's been asked that your refrain from name calling, etc many times by now. Lets go ahead and follow that advice.
    msndrstood likes this.
    11-22-2013 08:53 PM
    On Topic: Historians don't know whether it did or not, how could he know? Either way, they asked many people to read different versions, that's the one that was chosen for him.

Off Topic: I think that it's been asked that your refrain from name calling, etc many times by now. Lets go ahead and follow that advice.
    You're telling me that I can't call the president a nickname, especially when it isn't vulgar, etc? C'mon man, loosen up!
    BTW, I have not been asked by any mod.

Historians don't know what was in the speech? Why wouldn't they?
    If he was told to recite the Pledge of Allegiance in public, and was given a copy to read that left out God, would that make it alright for him to do it? I don't think so.

11-22-2013 09:12 PM
    Historians don't know what was in the speech? Why wouldn't they?
    If he was told to recite the Pledge of Allegiance in public, and was given a copy to read that left out God, would that make it alright for him to do it? I don't think so.
    The speech wasn't recorded by anything that could duplicate it, it was written down with conflicting versions by people in the audience and published later. Those versions do not agree with each other. The Nicolay version is the original draft of the speech, but literally no one knows which version Lincoln actually read at the address.

It's funny that you bring up the pledge of allegiance, because the original version of that did not include the words "Under God", "America", or "United States. The original was written in 1892 and read: "I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

In 1922 the words were changed to include "TO the republic", in 1923, "my flag" was changed to "the flag of the United States", in 1924, it was updated to include' the United States of America" and in 1954 it was changed to include, "one Nation under God". Congress adopted the pledge in 1942.

So for the first 62 years it did not have under God, while for the past 59 it has. We're not even at 50% of time including it yet, so given any random version from any random year, the odds are greater that one without it would be chosen.

From the article: UPDATE: A text box now appears on the Ken Burns website Home | Learn the Address which states: "Did you know there are five versions of the Gettysburg Address? We asked President Obama to read the first, the Nicolay Version."
    palandri likes this.
    11-22-2013 09:38 PM
    How about this? We petition to kick everyone out of office and replace them with smart people? Stephen Hawking will direct the science department, Samuel L Jackson directs board of education and Morgan Freeman for everything else.

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
    11-22-2013 11:19 PM
    BTW, I have not been asked by any mod.

He is a Mod.

Ok, so I can't remember what has and hasn't been brought up in this thread, but I believe the intelligence leaks have been (or maybe not, so many cross topics happening). I stumbled upon this, and honestly had no idea this was even a thing (shame on me):

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/11/2...uthorized.html

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk 4
    11-23-2013 05:40 PM
    He is a Mod.
    I am well aware that he is a mod. I meant that up until that point, no mod had told me.
    But he is still Obummer!
    11-23-2013 10:00 PM

Tall Mike 2145 likes this.
    11-23-2013 10:19 PM
    Remember when a guy getting a BJ was our biggest problem? Yeah let's go back to those days. So much more bearable.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-25-2013 01:46 AM
    Remember when a guy getting a BJ was our biggest problem? Yeah let's go back to those days. So much more bearable.

Posted via Android Central App
    I would make a pun, but it would come out wong

Sent from my HTC Xperia S4
    gamefreak715 likes this.
    11-25-2013 04:40 PM
    Not that I'm a fan of Obama, nor did I vote for him, but this sort of crap gets said about everyone who holds the office.
    Yes, but because obama is black, you are a racist if you speak out against him.

You're telling me that I can't call the president a nickname, especially when it isn't vulgar, etc? C'mon man, loosen up!
    See my above comment.
    12-01-2013 10:33 AM
    Yes, but because obama is black, you are a racist if you speak out against him.

See my above comment.
    I hate it when people say they're "a racist". Stupidest word ever thought of. Mainly because everyone on the internet gets offended by what I say(remember internet people don't have lives)

12-01-2013 10:55 AM
    I hate it when people say they're "a racist". Stupidest word ever thought of. Mainly because everyone on the internet gets offended by what I say(remember internet people don't have lives)

I agree with you, alexlam24! Like I have said numerous times, my dislike for him has nothing to do with his race or political party. It has everything to do with his stance on everything, and what he is turning this country into. Hey, I don't get offended by what you say, and I hope not to offend you. Actually I don't want to offend anyone.
    12-01-2013 01:56 PM
1,900 ... 4445464748 ...