07-15-2014 12:26 PM
1,900 ... 4950515253 ...
tools
    Many women care about abortion choice. And don't like the idea of things like mandatory ultrasounds that Republicans have proposed. There there is the whole equal wage thing. Why are Republicans against that? At some point you need to face the fact that Republican party (as a whole) does not support women, does no outreach to blacks, only panders to hispanics, out and out rejects gays...
    Abortion aside (I feel that's a topic best served as a debate all its own), I never saw any discrimination of women from the party at large when I was considering myself Republican. In terms of wages, they by and large wanted equal pay for equal work. That's not discriminatory.

But like I asked earlier, why should any political party reach out to any special group? Doing so is basically asking said group, "How can I buy your vote." How about the politicians and big government step aside and let people have the chance to make something of themselves without being coddled like helpless children. White, black, brown, men, and women. It shouldn't matter who you are, and you shouldn't feel the need to be catered to.
    toober likes this.
    02-11-2014 04:03 AM
    Abortion aside (I feel that's a topic best served as a debate all its own), I never saw any discrimination of women from the party at large when I was considering myself Republican. In terms of wages, they by and large wanted equal pay for equal work. That's not discriminatory.

But like I asked earlier, why should any political party reach out to any special group? Doing so is basically asking said group, "How can I buy your vote." How about the politicians and big government step aside and let people have the chance to make something of themselves without being coddled like helpless children. White, black, brown, men, and women. It shouldn't matter who you are, and you shouldn't feel the need to be catered to.
    They should reach out to certain groups because if they want more votes and more support for whatever it is they are trying to push (in terms of laws or plans). For example as a black person, I know a great many black people who just didn't like Mitt Romney because he never said anything that would directly help or affect as in any way plus he seemed (like a lot of Republicans and the reason why many blacks and other minorities are Dems) not to much in favor of minorities.

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
    02-11-2014 06:41 AM
    This whole right wing push in the U.S. is just a more organized extension of Jerry Falwell's, "Moral Majority" group. Anyone remember the Moral Majority? The group that claimed certain cartoons were made to encourage kids to become homosexual. They also made videos claiming Clinton had a bunch of of people murdered.
    msndrstood likes this.
    02-11-2014 07:23 AM
    This whole right wing push in the U.S. is just a more organized extension of Jerry Falwell's, "Moral Majority" group. Anyone remember the Moral Majority? The group that claimed certain cartoons were made to encourage kids to become homosexual. They also made videos claiming Clinton had a bunch of of people murdered.
    Sounds insane.

palandri likes this.
    02-11-2014 08:56 AM
    Remember, it is a lot easier to get votes and money out of people after to tell them how bad the have it and how they should hate someone else.

We should be erasing division in this country, not creating and encouraging it.
    02-11-2014 09:16 AM
    Many women care about abortion choice. And don't like the idea of things like mandatory ultrasounds that Republicans have proposed. There there is the whole equal wage thing. Why are Republicans against that? At some point you need to face the fact that Republican party (as a whole) does not support women, does no outreach to blacks, only panders to hispanics, out and out rejects gays, and in return gets out of elections what they put into them. The party will never win the White House ever again with changing demographics if they do not reach out to them. They have painted themselves into the corner and are now faced with the dilemma of sticking to their core principles which people are rejecting, or changing. Change or die. That is the two options on the table here.

One? When a party has to have sensitive training for it's male members because comment after comment shoots themselves in the foot come election time, you know you've got a problem. Far more than just one comment.

Let's not forget that Sarah herself has made some pretty bad comments. Only difference is she never apologizes for anything she says. That being said, any crude comments towards her were wrong and have been dealt with. Hopefully no more (from either side) come up. Although I wouldn't bet on that.

Well, when Faux won't show you the data, it's got to come from SOMEwhere.๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
    I have plenty of female republican friends....none of them will actually vote republican on state & federal elections because we're all too afraid of what the GOP would do. George 'partial abortion ban' Bush, Rick 'cut funds for PP because we need to make things as difficult as possible' Perry, Mike 'women have raging libidos' Huckabee, Mitt 'Binders full of Women' Romney, Rush 'women are wrong, ignorant and stupid' Limbaugh ....yeah we're too afraid of what would happen. If the GOP wants to survive, these guys and their dated way of thinking needs to go. All they're doing is alienating voters.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    02-11-2014 02:56 PM
    It isn't a question of whether I am in favor of the existence of bad laws. I'm not; what reasonable person would be? However, from the standpoint of people working for the government (which describes everyone I have mentioned) they are required to follow and uphold the law, such as it is, period. The most they are legally allowed to do is decide the most appropriate way to enforce it, and even then that's limited because you can't use no enforcement as a means of enforcement.

I believe one of the single biggest problems with this society is that it isn't held accountable for its actions. If it were, then maybe it would behave better. As it happens, we the People just let ourselves off the hook all the time, and so there's no accountability. From my point of view, the bad things which happen as a consequence of bad decisions are an appropriate punishment and should serve as a lesson and a wake-up call to the present generation that the onus to do something to legally correct the problems is now on their shoulders.

The founding of the U.S. is itself an argument against the static model of reality that so many people have.
    02-11-2014 04:56 PM
    It isn't a question of whether I am in favor of the existence of bad laws. I'm not; what reasonable person would be? However, from the standpoint of people working for the government (which describes everyone I have mentioned) they are required to follow and uphold the law, such as it is, period. The most they are legally allowed to do is decide the most appropriate way to enforce it, and even then that's limited because you can't use no enforcement as a means of enforcement.

I believe one of the single biggest problems with this society is that it isn't held accountable for its actions. If it were, then maybe it would behave better. As it happens, we the People just let ourselves off the hook all the time, and so there's no accountability. From my point of view, the bad things which happen as a consequence of bad decisions are an appropriate punishment and should serve as a lesson and a wake-up call to the present generation that the onus to do something to legally correct the problems is now on their shoulders.

The founding of the U.S. is itself an argument against the static model of reality that so many people have.
    I blame fast paced technology. I wish we could go back to the times when a man was tough if he could handle himself. Now we have a bunch of men being pansies and catering to other people all the time. Soon the meaning of the man card will be gone.

02-11-2014 05:32 PM
    Again come same answer as before.
    Come back when the gop offers up something other then repeal.
    Right now it has been repeal and replace. I have ask more than once with What and we get crickets.

So you say it is hurting offer a replacement. Oh wait gop has nothing. Gop shut down the government. Gop caused out debt rating to get down graded.

Care to address the fact the gop has done nothing and I repeat nothing to help. They have wasted millions on show votes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Bills were put out there and Harry Reid wouldn't even allow them on the floor. Both sides are full of narrow minded obstructionists. Both sides. And the dems have their fair share of big mouths and womanizers. Michael Moore, Anthony Weiner and Bill Clinton come to mind.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    02-11-2014 06:01 PM
    It is when you don't put a bill forth or vote affirmative when one is presented to you. Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than mere words.

In an ideal world that would be true. We do not live in an ideal world. We live in a world where different groups have different needs. Where different groups have endured discrimination....discrimination that has held them back. You have to acknowledge that reality. To ignore it as a political party would be foolhardy.

Bills were put out there and Harry Reid wouldn't even allow them on the floor. Both sides are full of narrow minded obstructionists. Both sides. And the dems have their fair share of big mouths and womanizers. Michael Moore, Anthony Weiner and Bill Clinton come to mind.
    Healthcare bills? What bills were those pray tell? If there had been actual replacements for Obamacare the Republicans would have been talking them up a storm. But instead repeal and replace just became "repeal" when reporters kept asking "okay, replace with what?". Outside of a few token gestures like let people buy across state lines, it was clear there was no real plan at all. And there STILL isn't. The Republicans have had 5 years to craft a healthcare plan that they could present to the American people as a better alternative. They have failed to do so. That's a whole lot of years to craft absolutely nothing. And let's be real, the GOP wouldn't be talking about healthcare AT ALL, if not for Democrats pushing for it. They had absolutely no incentive to change anything and didn't care if people did not have access to healthcare or not. Maintaining the status quo and never changing anything is what the Republican party is all about.
    msndrstood likes this.
    02-11-2014 07:04 PM
    And the democrat is the I want more control party. They had 5 years to set this up, be ready, and implement obamacare. His signature legislation. And it's a total farce. You really couldn't have done worse if you messed it up intentionally. You think the dems care about your healthcare. It wasn't shown by their lack of concern regarding the implementation of this bill. They don't care about our healthcare. They grew government and got a little more control.

02-11-2014 07:52 PM
    And the democrat is the I want more control party. They had 5 years to set this up, be ready, and implement obamacare. His signature legislation. And it's a total farce. You really couldn't have done worse if you messed it up intentionally. You think the dems care about your healthcare. It wasn't shown by their lack of concern regarding the implementation of this bill. They don't care about our healthcare. They grew government and got a little more control.

Well, aren't Republicans all about cutting off programs that help people? I think they call it freedom from government dependency, so they can pass tax cuts for the rich, like lowering capital gains tax on people making over $250K? I wonder if they think they'll get a higher spot in heaven?
    GadgetGator and A895 like this.
    02-11-2014 09:04 PM
    Of course they don't care about your healthcare. Why else would they say they had to sign the bill before they would know what's in it? Did any one of them actually read any of this bill before pushing it through, or did they just vote for it because it was a democrat bill?
    cdmjlt369 likes this.
    02-11-2014 09:18 PM

The part about it being implemented better is spot on. The part about Dems not caring about people's healthcare is, on the other hand, utter B.S.

As far as expansion of government goes....let's see...who created and set up that whole Homeland Security thing for more control.....let me see....right on the tip of my tongue....almost got it......oh yeah...it was a REPUBLICAN who did that. Anyone that thinks the Republicans are the party of small government has truly been hoodwinked.
    A895 and palandri like this.
    02-11-2014 09:20 PM
    Well, aren't Republicans all about cutting off programs that help people? I think they call it freedom from government dependency, so they can pass tax cuts for the rich, like lowering capital gains tax on people making over $250K? I wonder if they think they'll get a higher spot in heaven?
    Is it really helping people by just handing out money? Aren't we just subsidizing failure and encouraging bad decision making? Shouldn't there be some pride in knowing that everything in your home was purchased with money you earned through your own hard work?
    02-11-2014 09:25 PM
    The lack of effort put in by the dems is proof they don't care. I didn't like homeland security, the patriot act or the NDAA. I don't care who passes what legislation. If it's bad, it's bad. No matter who's name is attached.

02-11-2014 10:13 PM
    Most conservatives understand the need to help needy people. Most liberals don't know the difference in a hand up vs creating a codependent atmosphere. You have to have parameters set in place because if you don't the system will be abused. For instance, there's a fee that is on everyone's cell phone bill that we get charged so people can have government subsidiary/free cell phones. That's ridiculous that there's a fee I have to pay so someone else can have a cell phone.

toober likes this.
    02-11-2014 11:16 PM
    People get lazy when they don't have to do something. It's not good to give something unconditionally.

02-11-2014 11:23 PM
    The lack of effort put in by the dems is proof they don't care.
    LOL...then using your logic, the zero effort made by the Republican party on this topic shows they care even less.
    rexxman likes this.
    02-12-2014 02:22 AM
    LOL...then using your logic, the zero effort made by the Republican party on this topic shows they care even less.
    Agree that the republican lack of effort is disgusting. But to pass something you didn't know what it contained and that has the ability to affect so many people and not make it your #1 priority after you put it into law is sad.

02-12-2014 03:39 AM
    But to pass something you didn't know what it contained...
    I was surprised when that all came down. I had figured there were congressional rules or something in place that you have to know and understand a bill before voting for it. To that point, I also wonder how many of the law's supporters at least understand the importance of knowing what you're voting for, and would have been understanding if their congressman didn't have ample time to fully understand what he was voting for and would have voted no or simply abstain.

Meh, who am I kidding. Most people today probably blindly sign binding contracts without first reading and understanding what they're signing, and then shocked and outraged when they are hit with something they didn't expect even though it was in the contract. Why would they expect any different of their leaders...
    cdmjlt369 and A895 like this.
    02-12-2014 04:05 AM
    I was surprised when that all came down. I had figured there were congressional rules or something in place that you have to know and understand a bill before voting for it. To that point, I also wonder how many of the law's supporters at least understand the importance of knowing what you're voting for, and would have been understanding if their congressman didn't have ample time to fully understand what he was voting for and would have voted no or simply abstain.

Meh, who am I kidding. Most people today probably blindly sign binding contracts without first reading and understanding what they're signing, and then shocked and outraged when they are hit with something they didn't expect even though it was in the contract. Why would they expect any different of their leaders...
    The problem is they always write in loopholes so they aren't subject to much of the legislation they shove down our throats. They don't care what's in a bill as long as the pork they're looking for is in it.

02-12-2014 06:31 AM
    The logical side of me would be like what I said earlier. I should be mad at my parents for screwing up my beginning years. Problem is, it's likely they would have raised me to believe the U.S. owes me something. Not having any other major influence outside of them and the people they associate with (likely with all the same beliefs), that would leave me with those same beliefs. Under those circumstances, most people would be upset with the U.S., but that doesn't make it justified that we owe them anything.
    Problem is, it's likely...... is when you state a supposition that is just as easily completely false. Your entire argument is now suspicious.

Posted via Android Central App
    02-12-2014 05:31 PM
    Problem is, it's likely...... is when you state a supposition that is just as easily completely false. Your entire argument is now suspicious.

Just going by what I see and hear. When large groups of illegals start standing up and saying we don't owe them anything to counter the ones that do, then you may have a point.
    02-12-2014 06:12 PM
    Just going by what I see and hear. When large groups of illegals start standing up and saying we don't owe them anything to counter the ones that do, then you may have a point.
    No, I do have a point.

And that is you are assuming it is all as you hear and see it. You project that assumption and judge the entire subject audience the same.

02-12-2014 07:47 PM
1,900 ... 4950515253 ...