07-15-2014 12:26 PM
1,900 ... 5051525354 ...
tools
    Just going by what I see and hear. When large groups of illegals start standing up and saying we don't owe them anything to counter the ones that do, then you may have a point.
    The only thing that we owe the illegals is a ride back to Mexico. If they are illegal, then they shouldn't be here, and shouldn't be getting federal aid such as Medicaid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-12-2014 08:27 PM
    The only thing that we owe the illegals is a ride back to Mexico. If they are illegal, then they shouldn't be here, and shouldn't be getting federal aid such as Medicaid.

You only want to deport the illegal Mexicans? That's kind of racist.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    GadgetGator likes this.
    02-12-2014 09:53 PM
    No, I do have a point.

And that is you are assuming it is all as you hear and see it. You project that assumption and judge the entire subject audience the same.
    There's tons of reports and actions from groups of illegals (namely Mexican) where they want something from us. If you say my statement could be so easily proven false, then why don't you provide some evidence to do so?
    02-12-2014 09:56 PM
    You only want to deport the illegal Mexicans? That's kind of racist.

Just because he mentioned mexico doesn't mean he doesn't feel all illegals should be deported. We have the biggest problem with illegals from mexico due to the open border. And once again, look who made it about race. Congrats on that one. I have several friends I work with that earned their citizenship the right way. Even they feel its unfair and hard to comprehend that they worked so hard and put in the time and effort to become legal citizens while the government is contemplating amnesty. It's ridiculous.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    02-12-2014 10:44 PM
    There's tons of reports and actions from groups of illegals (namely Mexican) where they want something from us. If you say my statement could be so easily proven false, then why don't you provide some evidence to do so?
    I've said nothing of the sort.

But since you bring it up, think about the "tons of reports and actions". How many individual illegal immigrants do you think we're involved in total? Now, how many illegal immigrants do you think there are? Do the math. You will see that it is but a small percentage of the total illegal immigrant population.

Do you know any Illegal immigrants? Are they part of the "tons" you speak of? If so, quit posting and call ICE.

These folks don't come here to **** you off. They come here for a better life. They work hard. They pay taxes. They keep a low profile because they don't want trouble.

Yes, I saw some Latino students flying the Mexican tri-color over some LA High Schools on Cinco de Mayo and didn't appreciate it. But I refuse to condemn the entire population for the acts of a few.

Posted via Android Central App
    02-12-2014 10:59 PM
    Oh boo hoo on them wanting a better life. Don't we all? But breaking laws and sneaking into another country to do so gets you no sympathy from me. I don't know any illegals personally, but I've lived in Dodge City, KS for a while and the illegal population was pretty bad. You regularly heard of the meat packing plants giving their workers the day off because they caught wind of an immigration raid coming. Yes, I do fault the plants on that one.

They refused to learn English, and it was obvious they didn't respect our way of life (or the legal people living there for that matter). Am I supposed to assume that was just a fluke and that by and large the illegals are just poor "innocent" workers looking for a better life? They sure don't show it.
    02-12-2014 11:29 PM
    Their being here alone is illegal. Our word for that is trespassing. Wanting something better? The drug dealer, bank robber and car thief all want something better.

02-12-2014 11:37 PM
    They pay taxes.
    How do they pay taxes if they are here illegally? Something is wrong with that picture.
    02-13-2014 12:15 PM
    Just because he mentioned mexico doesn't mean he doesn't feel all illegals should be deported. We have the biggest problem with illegals from mexico due to the open border. And once again, look who made it about race. Congrats on that one. I have several friends I work with that earned their citizenship the right way. Even they feel its unfair and hard to comprehend that they worked so hard and put in the time and effort to become legal citizens while the government is contemplating amnesty. It's ridiculous.

No he was definitely being racist. Only around 50% of the illegal immigrants are from Mexico.

How do they pay taxes if they are here illegally? Something is wrong with that picture.
    The same way you do? Millions of illegal immigrants filed with the IRS last year, and they're not exempt from sales tax...If they're working and receive a paycheck, they pay the same taxes and do not have access to the benefits.
    rexxman and GadgetGator like this.
    02-13-2014 12:25 PM
    No he was definitely being racist. Only around 50% of the illegal immigrants are from Mexico.

The same way you do? Millions of illegal immigrants filed with the IRS last year, and they're not exempt from sales tax...If they're working and receive a paycheck, they pay the same taxes and do not have access to the benefits.

They should not be able to work in this country, since they are ILLEGAL. They are taking jobs away from American citizens, and also get government benefits that a lot of citizens can't even qualify for.
    If I go into your home without permission, then I am there ILLEGALLY, and the law will remove and arrest me. They enter this country ILLEGALLY, and are given jobs and benefits. That's BS.
    02-13-2014 12:33 PM
    If I go into your home without permission, then I am there ILLEGALLY, and the law will remove and arrest me. They enter this country ILLEGALLY, and are given jobs and benefits. That's BS.
    The way I understand it, while you are there, you must scrub the toilets and empty the trash. As long as you are doing the jobs the residents don't want to do, it isn't illegal for you to be there. So, once done with the chores, make yourself a sandwich and kick back on the couch.
    02-13-2014 12:43 PM
    They should not be able to work in this country, since they are ILLEGAL. They are taking jobs away from American citizens, and also get government benefits that a lot of citizens can't even qualify for.
    American citizens want to do hard labor all day? Yeah whatever you say. As far as I am concerned if they take the jobs we citizens don't want let then have the job. I don't see citizens scrambling to hard labor or yard work. Or willing to take small amounts of pay.

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
    02-13-2014 12:49 PM
    American citizens want to do hard labor all day? Yeah whatever you say. As far as I am concerned if they take the jobs we citizens don't want let then have the job. I don't see citizens scrambling to hard labor or yard work. Or willing to take small amounts of pay.

You don't see citizens scrambling to do the hard jobs mainly because this bureaucratic government we have will let people stay on welfare forever. Lots of people on assistance have no desire to do the hard work because the government is taking care of them. And illegals paying anything other than a sales tax? Ooook.

02-13-2014 12:59 PM
    You don't see citizens scrambling to do the hard jobs mainly because this bureaucratic government we have will let people stay on welfare forever. Lots of people on assistance have no desire to do the hard work because the government is taking care of them. And illegals paying anything other than a sales tax? Ooook.

Something like 6 million illegals filed last year. Y'all would do well to research now and then.

02-13-2014 02:07 PM
    Good luck finding citizens to work for the same pay, same work as the illegals are willing to do!

A895, GadgetGator and msndrstood like this.
    02-13-2014 02:08 PM
    Good luck finding citizens to work for the same pay, same work as the illegals are willing to do!

"Illegal" is the key word. I guess that liberals don't understand that word.

02-13-2014 02:10 PM
    Something like 6 million illegals filed last year. Y'all would do well to research now and then.

6 million out of 20 million. Wow. Only 1/3 of illegals pay taxes. Every hard working citizen should be upset.

02-13-2014 02:45 PM
    "Illegal" is the key word. I guess that liberals don't understand that word.

If an illegal immigrant comes here to have a better life, applies for a job, and is better qualified than a citizen for the same job then we have a much bigger problem to contend with than illegal immigration. The culpability falls on Americans for allowing businesses to employ illegal immigrants at the expense of citizens. I cannot fault anyone for trying to find a better life, we're a nation of immigrants.
    A895 and palandri like this.
    02-13-2014 02:46 PM
    6 million out of 20 million. Wow. Only 1/3 of illegals pay taxes. Every hard working citizen should be upset.

1/3rd more than you assumed to begin with, right? Shocker! Not all citizens and business pay their fare share either.
    A895 and msndrstood like this.
    02-13-2014 02:49 PM
    If an illegal immigrant comes here to have a better life, applies for a job, and is better qualified than a citizen for the same job then we have a much bigger problem to contend with than illegal immigration. The culpability falls on Americans for allowing businesses to employ illegal immigrants at the expense of citizens. I cannot fault anyone for trying to find a better life, we're a nation of immigrants.
    If government wouldn't let them stay, then businesses couldn't employ them. Instead, they are given food stamps and Medicaid. Plus, they make no effort to learn the language of this nation.

02-13-2014 02:51 PM
    With what, stolen social security numbers?

I cannot fault anyone for trying to find a better life, we're a nation of immigrants.
    We were a nation of immigrants, but now we're pretty much self sustaining. We're also a nation of laws.
    A895 likes this.
    02-13-2014 03:10 PM
    With what, stolen social security numbers?

We were a nation of immigrants, but now we're pretty much self sustaining. We're also a nation of laws.
    You probably think they should learn to speak american too huh?

02-13-2014 03:25 PM
    Wait...wait...what's that you say about taking jobs away from American citizens??? You really should look into a situation more before you make grand assumptions:

U.S. Farmers Urge Changes to Immigration Law Amid Labor Shortage | TIME.com
    02-13-2014 03:31 PM
    Wait...wait...what's that you say about taking jobs away from American citizens??? You really should look into a situation more before you make grand assumptions:

U.S. Farmers Urge Changes to Immigration Law Amid Labor Shortage | TIME.com
    More Americans would be willing to work those fields if the farmers paid more (and yes, I realize it would increase produce prices). But a couple of things I saw in that propaganda they called a news article. First, they called the workers skilled labor. What part of picking produce requires a lot of skill? Second, this quote:

Utah, for example, recently approved a program that, starting this year, will allow undocumented immigrants to work in the state legally as long as they pass background checks.
    I guess we'll trust their fake I.D. that they are clean? Assuming they have one at all... Or do we trust their home country I.D.'s? That wouldn't fly either. When we set up a pilot program to allow Mexican truck drivers to run cross country in the U.S., there were big concerns about the background checks because they couldn't be fully vetted and trusted from the Mexican government with their internal corruption. I'd also question the validity of background checks on illegals from other central American countries, where most of these workers come from.
    02-13-2014 04:18 PM
    More Americans would be willing to work those fields if the farmers paid more (and yes, I realize it would increase produce prices). But a couple of things I saw in that propaganda they called a news article. First, they called the workers skilled labor. What part of picking produce requires a lot of skill? Second, this quote:

I guess we'll trust their fake I.D. that they are clean? Assuming they have one at all... Or do we trust their home country I.D.'s? That wouldn't fly either. When we set up a pilot program to allow Mexican truck drivers to run cross country in the U.S., there were big concerns about the background checks because they couldn't be fully vetted and trusted from the Mexican government with their internal corruption. I'd also question the validity of background checks on illegals from other central American countries, where most of these workers come from.
    I don't see how making produce prices increase just to pay regular citizens to do jobs they don't want to do makes it better than it is now. Supply and demand, if their is an increase in prices on an item, then the demand falls for it and then the farmers lose money and have to lay off workers (American citizens) to offset costs.

GadgetGator likes this.
    02-13-2014 04:39 PM
1,900 ... 5051525354 ...