07-15-2014 12:26 PM
1,900 ... 5758596061 ...
tools
    We democratically vote(through representation of course) to collect taxes, but individuals have no say in how or how much tax is taken from them. Everything is decided for them. It is easy to vote for someone else to pay more and never vote the same of yourself.

If you don't believe it is forcibly taken, try not paying the IRS for a couple of years and see how forcibly they kick the door in on your life and then take everything you own including your freedom.
    I think forcibly is a pretty dramatic and harsh word to use. Aren't the rich suppose to paying 39.6 percent now? We know they don't pay that. What percent did Romney pay? wasn't it like 14%.

Have you noticed all the ads on TV for agencies that help you if you are behind on taxes? It started a couple of years ago and there's a lot of them now. Why are there all these tax problems all of a sudden?
    04-07-2014 11:16 AM
    I think forcibly is a pretty dramatic and harsh word to use. Aren't the rich suppose to paying 39.6 percent now? We know they don't pay that. What percent did Romney pay? wasn't it like 14%.

Have you noticed all the ads on TV for agencies that help you if you are behind on taxes? It started a couple of years ago and there's a lot of them now. Why are there all these tax problems all of a sudden?
    I didn't know Romney actually released his records.

They are not breaking any laws. We allow the current policies to be in place. You can advocate to change the system, but being mad at someone for using the system is ridiculous. Just like all the "hero" wealthy people that question why they are not taxed more. I question how much extra they choose to pay in taxes or charities sense they are obviously so concerned.
    04-07-2014 11:44 AM
    Why should the wealthy give up everything that they have worked for? The top 5% already pay about 80-90% of federal income taxes in this country, and 47% of the population pays no federal income tax. On top of that, the government forces companies to move to overseas operations because of the world's highest corporate taxes, and that adds considerably to the unemployment situation.
    Oh look that bs federal income tax lie.
    You care to expand that to cover all taxes and fees? Or factor out the retired people?

Lets see they pay sells tax, property tax, gas tax and several other highly regressive taxes. They pay SS and medicare tax and yes that is even regressive as it has a cap.
    But oh lets go for a very small sub set of the tax and spread the GOP lie. Who cares about facts.
    04-07-2014 02:00 PM
    Oh look that bs federal income tax lie.
    You care to expand that to cover all taxes and fees? Or factor out the retired people?

Lets see they pay sells tax, property tax, gas tax and several other highly regressive taxes. They pay SS and medicare tax and yes that is even regressive as it has a cap.
    But oh lets go for a very small sub set of the tax and spread the GOP lie. Who cares about facts.
    The fact remains that 47% pay no federal income tax. And what is really bothersome is that some people can work for one week out of a year, and receive a $5000-$6000 tax refund, and hard-working year-round workers fight to just break even.
    04-07-2014 02:20 PM
    The fact remains that 47% pay no federal income tax. And what is really bothersome is that some people can work for one week out of a year, and receive a $5000-$6000 tax refund, and hard-working year-round workers fight to just break even.
    Even I know that last part is BS.

Again 47% is just one of the many types of taxes.
    You want to go with the percentages that do not pay capital gains taxes or estate taxes. That is what your logic boils down 2. You can not pick and choose. You need to include all the taxes but that kills the BS from the conservative talking point. What you are trying to push is the lie pushed by GOP and you bought it hook line and sinker. If you think it threw you would see the issue.

The 6k tax refund for 1 week of work is BS. Reality is very from from that.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    04-07-2014 02:25 PM
    Don't call me a liar. I have seen this firsthand right here in our town, with more than one person, so it isn't BS.
    04-07-2014 02:30 PM
    Don't call me a liar. I have seen this firsthand right here in our town, so it isn't BS.

You want to go with the percentages that do not pay capital gains taxes or estate taxes.
    I am only speaking of federal income taxes, nothing else.
    04-07-2014 02:32 PM
    Don't call me a liar. I have seen this firsthand right here in our town, so it isn't BS.
    I am only speaking of federal income taxes, nothing else.
    Yet, as I pointed out it is as worthless as saying how many people do not pay capital gain taxes that I listed. AKA it is completely and utter worthless conservative talking point. You are picking and choosing 1 tax and try to make it a huge argument. It is completely worthless as the point you try to make is people do not pay taxes is a lie. A bold face lie. It is a worthless talking point. So yes your argument on 47% do not pay income tax is worthless. You try to imply they have no skin in the game when reality is they do. You have to take a look at all taxes. But doing that kills the point you are trying to make because well the point is crap.
    04-07-2014 02:40 PM
    as the point you try to make is people do not pay taxes
    They pay taxes, but not federal income taxes.
    04-07-2014 02:58 PM
    I think the reason for the distinction between income and other taxes is the usage of said taxes. For the most part, income taxes go towards the general running of the government and other taxes are for a specific purpose. I.e. gas taxes pay for the roads, but not defense, subsidies, schools, etc. When talking about government in general and especially entitlements that are redistributing the money, it's income taxes that fund most of those and makes sense to not lump in other specific and local use taxes.
    04-07-2014 03:10 PM
    They pay taxes, but not federal income taxes.
    But the point you are trying to make is yes a load of BS.
    It is the standard conservative lie that you are trying to feed.
    Issue is it is a lie. Keep pushing it. It does not make you look any better than a gop mindless fool who does not understand that you are just give the talking point. A talking point started from a lie. But those damn fact killing such a good lie. Let's not let that stop you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    04-07-2014 03:43 PM
    But the point you are trying to make is yes a load of BS.
    Proof?
    04-07-2014 03:51 PM
    Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.
    04-07-2014 05:34 PM
    I'm so glad I'm an atheist. LOL.
    pssst, i'm agnostic but I like pointing out the hypocrisy of the religious right!!
    msndrstood likes this.
    04-07-2014 10:31 PM
    So I get in trouble for my choice of language, yet nobody gets in trouble for thread after thread after thread of this sort of drooling, knuckles dragging, drama-laden stupidity. Huh. This is an object lesson I will not forget.
    04-08-2014 12:52 AM
    Yep, same here. Priorities, I guess. LOL.
    04-08-2014 09:17 AM
    I didn't know Romney actually released his records.

They are not breaking any laws. We allow the current policies to be in place. You can advocate to change the system, but being mad at someone for using the system is ridiculous. Just like all the "hero" wealthy people that question why they are not taxed more. I question how much extra they choose to pay in taxes or charities sense they are obviously so concerned.
    Do you mean like being mad at low income people for using the Earned Income Credit is ridiculous?

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    Evilguppy likes this.
    04-08-2014 09:24 AM
    This has been discussed to death. Time to move on.

04-08-2014 09:26 AM
    Do you mean like being mad at low income people for using the Earned Income Credit is ridiculous?

Same thing in reverse...
    04-08-2014 09:36 AM
    Same thing in reverse...
    Although, I'm sure the rich aren't worried about paying off their winter heating bills with their tax refund.

palandri and GadgetGator like this.
    04-08-2014 09:39 AM
    Although, I'm sure the rich aren't worried about paying off their winter heating bills with their tax refund.

Are you kidding? Let's say you're Ken Lewis, CEO of Chase Banks. Annual salary of 25 million. You are only making a measly 2 million dollars a month. Heating a mansion can cost $600 a month, not to mention the vacation homes in Florida, the Hamptons and Switzerland.
    msndrstood and Evilguppy like this.
    04-08-2014 10:15 AM

A reasonable EIC is fine, but not 5k-6k refund for working one week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-08-2014 02:02 PM
    A reasonable EIC is fine, but not 5k-6k refund for working one week.

Are you privy to their tax return?

Just curious.

04-08-2014 02:04 PM
    Are you privy to their tax return?

Just curious.

Yep, and saw the check before he cashed it. He said that he only needed to get one paycheck , and that would set him up for the big refund. Talk about a screwed up system!

04-08-2014 02:15 PM
    That doesn't negate the fact that it helps millions who work every day including overtime to support their family and do the right thing without any other government assistance.

I suppose he's not gaming the system any worse than the Romneys in this country who pay very little taxes on their massive wealth.

04-08-2014 02:28 PM
1,900 ... 5758596061 ...