07-15-2014 12:26 PM
1,900 ... 5960616263 ...
tools
    Not all of the wealthy does that just like not all poor take advantage which we could probably all agree on. I really can't blame someone who's job is to manage money in the smartest place available to do so. As much as I pay in taxes, I'm trying to find a way I don't owe as much. Plus, alot of these rich people employ alot of people. I think we are all quick to point at the boogeyman when we don't know exactly what he does. I think it's used as a distraction to divide and conquer whether intentionally or more than likely unintentionally.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    See...this attitude right there is the problem. Oooh. Let's all hide our money and then wonder why there isn't enough money for things. Hiding money in offshore accounts shouldn't be looked upon as some noble act. It should be looked at as unpatriotic.... Because it is.

But it's all good because rich people employee people....like the billionaires that employ people at Walmart. Just overlook those low wages and corporate welfare in the form of food stamps given to their employees because Walmart rather have the government pick up the slack then pay their employees a wage they could actually live on.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-10-2014 10:33 AM
    See...this attitude right there is the problem. Oooh. Let's all hide our money and then wonder why there isn't enough money for things. Hiding money in offshore accounts shouldn't be looked upon as some noble act. It should be looked at as unpatriotic.... Because it is.

But it's all good because rich people employee people....like the billionaires that employ people at Walmart. Just overlook those low wages and corporate welfare in the form of food stamps given to their employees because Walmart rather have the government pick up the slack then pay their employees a wage they could actually live on.

How much do these people that you speak of pay in taxes? You or i have no idea. This is a talking point fabricated to attack someone with absolutely no knowledge of why they are doing something and what they pay. This is a boogieman conjured up to divide and conquer. Why do you care what someone pays in to taxes? Why are you more worried about how much people pay in vs. How much is being spent? How would you like to be forced to pay more? Instead of complaining about who has the bigger bucket to remove water from this sinking ship, why not plug the holes that are leaking?

I'm not worried about a rich or poor person. I'm more worried about this beast that keeps growing that's unsustainable. I'm really hoping what happened in Cyprus doesn't happen here.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-10-2014 10:55 AM
    Taking advantage of the tax laws is unpatriotic? Then every American citizen that files taxes is unpatriotic. Instead of whining about offshore accounts, why not reduce corporate taxes, which are the highest in the world? These corporations are working the system for what it is giving them, just like the welfare system encourages working the system as it is set up.
    04-10-2014 11:05 AM
    Taking advantage of the tax laws is unpatriotic? Then every American citizen that files taxes is unpatriotic. Instead of whining about offshore accounts, why not reduce corporate taxes, which are the highest in the world? These corporations are working the system for what it is giving them, just like the welfare system encourages working the system as it is set up.
    Yet if we bring up reform and removing the loop holes the rich are able to abuse you will scream bloody murder.
    I am still waiting for the gop to honor the promise they made in the 80 when they reduced taxes at the top that they would close the loop holes.
    They lowered taxes but did not close the loop holes. So if you want to lower taxes on corps close the loop holes first or tie it to the bill. None of this crap of lowering first then closing loop holes as if they are not closed first they never will be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    04-10-2014 12:35 PM
    Even when I was a kid, I never understood why no one was taxed by a percentage so it effected everyone equally. If everyone was taxed a certain percentage would it matter if someone put money in an offshore account? It would be taxed before it hit said person's hands.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-10-2014 12:43 PM
    Yet if we bring up reform and removing the loop holes the rich are able to abuse you will scream bloody murder.
    I am still waiting for the gop to honor the promise they made in the 80 when they reduced taxes at the top that they would close the loop holes.
    They lowered taxes but did not close the loop holes. So if you want to lower taxes on corps close the loop holes first or tie it to the bill. None of this crap of lowering first then closing loop holes as if they are not closed first they never will be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Enlighten me as to why I would "scream bloody murder", as I am for tax reform?
    04-10-2014 12:46 PM
    How much do these people that you speak of pay in taxes? You or i have no idea. This is a talking point fabricated to attack someone with absolutely no knowledge of why they are doing something and what they pay. This is a boogieman conjured up to divide and conquer. Why do you care what someone pays in to taxes? Why are you more worried about how much people pay in vs. How much is being spent? How would you like to be forced to pay more? Instead of complaining about who has the bigger bucket to remove water from this sinking ship, why not plug the holes that are leaking?

I'm not worried about a rich or poor person. I'm more worried about this beast that keeps growing that's unsustainable. I'm really hoping what happened in Cyprus doesn't happen here.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Why do I care? That seems like a silly question with a very obvious answer: Because it affects us all overall as a society. And where did I say that I didn't care what's being spent? I specifically said that the store should not be given away. I want cost controls too.

04-10-2014 04:09 PM
    Yeah...those companies are really going broke aren't they? How ever do they afford multimillion dollar salaries for their CEO's?

04-10-2014 04:14 PM
    Yeah...those companies are really going broke aren't they? How ever do they afford multimillion dollar salaries for their CEO's?

Where in my statement did I say that companies had no money, or were going broke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-11-2014 08:36 AM
    Where in my statement did I say that companies had no money, or were going broke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was sarcasm. That's my whole point. They aren't going broke. They can afford to pay their CEO's exorbitant rates of pay with the tax system what it is. Hmmm...finances must not be a problem then.

I guess you think they should be even richer and pay their executives even more money. I happen to disagree.

And this goes back to the point I posted a day or two ago. Why do non-rich people want rich people to get even richer? Do they hope it will trickle down to them? Or do they think they themselves will be one of the rich someday?

Maybe you can explain that to me.

msndrstood and Evilguppy like this.
    04-11-2014 10:08 AM
    They aren't going broke. They can afford to pay their CEO's exorbitant rates of pay with the tax system what it is. Hmmm...finances must not be a problem then.
    Typical liberal deflection. I have said nothing about any company's worth, only that they use the tax system as it is set up, just as many welfare recipients use the welfare system as it is set up. It is largely due to the government (Republican and Democrat) that these companies go overseas in the first place.

I guess you think they should be even richer and pay their executives even more money. I happen to disagree.
    Don't put words in my mouth, please. But I couldn't care less about what they pay their executives, and neither should anyone else, IMO. They probably aren't worth what they are paid, but then again neither is Obama.

Why do non-rich people want rich people to get even richer?
    Why should I begrudge someone getting richer? Should I begrudge you if you get a pay increase?
    I might be off a little in my estimate, but I would say that if 95% of the people in this country were suddenly rich, that their outlook would drastically change.
    04-11-2014 11:55 AM
    Typical liberal deflection. I have said nothing about any company's worth, only that they use the tax system as it is set up, just as many welfare recipients use the welfare system as it is set up. It is largely due to the government (Republican and Democrat) that these companies go overseas in the first place.

Don't put words in my mouth, please. But I couldn't care less about what they pay their executives, and neither should anyone else, IMO. They probably aren't worth what they are paid, but then again neither is Obama.

Why should I begrudge someone getting richer? Should I begrudge you if you get a pay increase?
    I might be off a little in my estimate, but I would say that if 95% of the people in this country were suddenly rich, that their outlook would drastically change.
    Deflection? My comment was a specific reply to your call for lowered corporate taxes. How is that a deflection? Please explain.

As for begrudging, now you are putting words in my mouth. I didn't say you had to hate rich people. I just don't understand the effort made by people who seem to go out of their way to make the rich richer. I don't understand the motivation.

04-11-2014 01:59 PM
    Isn't minimum wage supposed to be around $22/hour to account for inflation? So yeah, not so true. A select few people capitalize over the struggle we're having to succeed, then call us lazy because we're not of the select few. #bootawtraps

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    04-12-2014 09:57 AM
    Isn't minimum wage supposed to be around $22/hour to account for inflation? So yeah, not so true. A select few people capitalize over the struggle we're having to succeed, then call us lazy because we're not of the select few. #bootawtraps

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    The right wing does a masterful job of duping every day people into thinking that even MORE wealth needs to be given to a select few that will "trickle down" that wealth to the rest of us. What irritates me most is when some nimrod will vote against their best interest because they don't want to see 2 CONSENTING ADULTS of the same sex together, or they want to impose their moral code on someone else. All this while enabling the most greedy among us. Hopefully, people will start to wake up, but I don't think that will happen until most of the population has been marginalized to the point that our voices are drowned out by some wealthy individual's money. It's already started via Citizens United and will only get worse until enough people wake up. I just hope it happens before the super wealthy find another way to divide and conquer us.
    GadgetGator and nolittdroid like this.
    04-14-2014 08:34 PM
    they want to impose their moral code on someone else.
    Which is the same that the gays are doing.
    04-14-2014 10:53 PM
    Which is the same that the gays are doing.
    Wow!
    04-14-2014 11:12 PM
    Wow!
    Yeah, just like the wedding photographers. Why didn't they just find someone else, instead of imposing themselves and making a big deal of it?
    And I don't have anything against gays, but this thing works both ways.
    04-14-2014 11:17 PM
    Yeah, just like the wedding photographers. Why didn't they just find someone else, instead of imposing themselves and making a big deal of it?
    And I don't have anything against gays, but this thing works both ways.
    It's no different than any other form of discrimination. If a photographer refuses to photograph a same-sex wedding because he doesn't want to have anything to do with gays or he doesn't like gays...etc... that would be a clear case of discrimination based on their sexual orientation.
    04-14-2014 11:35 PM
    Again I'd refer you to the statement at the top of each page in this thread, but in case you have not noticed it, I will include it in this post.

The Politics forums can at times become a heated place where sensitive subjects are often discussed. While some moderation leniency is practiced in this forum, we ask that you pay special attention to the following, as set out in our community guidelines:

Be polite. Keep your language clean and appropriate. Refrain from personal attacks or insults to other members. Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Discrimination or harassment is not tolerated. Be courteous to other forum members regardless of their race, age, nationality, country of residence, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, political views or religious beliefs.

palandri likes this.
    04-14-2014 11:41 PM
    Now we have the VA responsible for the deaths of veterans, plus an administration that won't release ALL pertinent documents concerning Benghazi or the IRS. Now, I'm not saying that Benghazi or the IRS are cover-ups, but why can't they just release all of the documents if there is nothing to hide? Then the investigations could continue unhampered, and the chips could fall where they may, whether proving cover-ups or not. At least the American people would hopefully know the truth to which they are entitled. Polls show that over 50% of Americans believe that the White House lied about these issues.
    05-18-2014 07:40 PM
    1) There has been a thread about Benghazi.

2) The VA has been screwed up for a while.

3) Polls again?

4) How many investigations into Benghazi will it take for "the right" to get over it?

Ronald Reagan's Benghazi : The New Yorker

There were more than enough opportunities to lay blame for the horrific losses at high U.S. officials’ feet. But unlike today’s Congress, congressmen did not talk of impeaching Ronald Reagan, who was then President, nor were any subpoenas sent to cabinet members. This was true even though then, as now, the opposition party controlled the majority in the House. Tip O’Neill, the Democratic Speaker of the House, was no pushover. He, like today’s opposition leaders in the House, demanded an investigation—but a real one, and only one. Instead of playing it for political points, a House committee undertook a serious investigation into what went wrong at the barracks in Beirut. Two months later, it issued a report finding “very serious errors in judgment” by officers on the ground, as well as responsibility up through the military chain of command, and called for better security measures against terrorism in U.S. government installations throughout the world.
    In other words, Congress actually undertook a useful investigation and made helpful recommendations. The report’s findings, by the way, were bipartisan. (The Pentagon, too, launched an investigation, issuing a report that was widely accepted by both parties.)
    In March of 1984, three months after Congress issued its report, militants struck American officials in Beirut again, this time kidnapping the C.I.A.’s station chief, Bill Buckley. Buckley was tortured and, eventually, murdered. Reagan, who was tormented by a tape of Buckley being tortured, blamed himself. Congress held no public hearings, and pointed fingers at the perpetrators, not at political rivals.
    If you compare the costs of the Reagan Administration’s serial security lapses in Beirut to the costs of Benghazi, it’s clear what has really deteriorated in the intervening three decades. It’s not the security of American government personnel working abroad. It’s the behavior of American congressmen at home.
    05-18-2014 08:00 PM
    How many investigations into Benghazi will it take for "the right" to get over it?
    How many will it take for the WH to release all of the documents? All the liberals want to do is deflect. Just release the docs and see what happens.

The VA has been screwed up for a while.
    True. This was first reported to the WH in December, and nothing has been done. Dems and Repubs should be ashamed, as this is a slap in the face to our veterans.
    05-18-2014 08:23 PM
    How many will it take for the WH to release all of the documents? All the liberals want to do is deflect. Just release the docs and see what happens.

True. This was first reported to the WH in December, and nothing has been done. Dems and Repubs should be ashamed, as this is a slap in the face to our veterans.
    I guess you didn't read my example of how to handle something like Benghazi. How many people died in Beirut under Reagan? Just accept the results of the many investigations that have already taken place and move on.

December? I mean much further back than that. It's a systemic issue that just gets worse over time.
    05-18-2014 08:25 PM
    The VA has been messed up for decades. What is happening now is that people have access to media that allow their stories to spread further, touch more ears and we then see others motivated to follow suit with their experiences. The VA is one thing that I think everyone agrees is absolutely terrible in its execution and that most of that problem is related to being underfunded, while the rest is to mismanagement and failed oversight.

Here's an idea... Veterans: Take care of them. Period.
    toober, A895 and msndrstood like this.
    05-18-2014 08:31 PM
    Just accept the results of the many investigations that have already taken place and move on.
    I don't think that accepting the results of a possible cover-up is acceptable, although the WH would love for that to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Just accept the results of the many investigations that have already taken place and move on.
    I don't think that accepting the results of a possible cover-up is acceptable, although the WH would love for that to happen.
    Here's an idea... Veterans: Take care of them. Period.
    +10000
    05-18-2014 08:32 PM
1,900 ... 5960616263 ...