07-15-2014 12:26 PM
1,900 ... 6162636465 ...
tools
    So who from the GOP can fix all of this in the presidential election?
    How can they fix Obama saying that he found out about everything through the news reports? More deflection on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-19-2014 05:38 PM
    I'm just quoting you on this because I want to revisit it in the event you run with the right wing's recent talking point that Hillary is unfit to serve because of some sort of mental issue.

I've grown so used to the Faux News echo chamber that it's almost like a small blankie to me.
    She is unfit to serve, and it has nothing to do with her mental condition.

05-19-2014 05:39 PM
    What does that have to do with Obamacare, as that is what you quoted from me?
    The shutdown was the fault of both parties, as the Dems would not even try to negotiate on anything but instead would risk a shutdown just to prove their point. Just like the sequester, when the Dems announced "doom and gloom" if it happened. Well, it happened, with no detrimental effects. As far as the credit downgrade, again the Dems had a huge hand in it since they would not agree to ANY spending cuts and didn't care if the 17 trillion debt increased. The Democratic way of throwing more money at something does not work.
    The point was you claimed the dems did not work with the GOP.
    What you avoid is the fact the GOP has been stead fast in its refusal to even try. They lied back stab and made it clear that they are willing to drive this country into the ground if it means more power for them.

I showed several other examples of things that fall heavily on the GOP. Shut down is 99.9% GOP fault. The millions wasted in show votes on ACA. 100% GOP fault. Debt down grade yes mainly GOP fault. GOP is the party of NO. GOP is the do nothing party.
    A895 likes this.
    05-19-2014 05:42 PM
    I'm just quoting you on this because I want to revisit it in the event you run with the right wing's recent talking point that Hillary is unfit to serve because of some sort of mental issue.

I've grown so used to the Faux News echo chamber that it's almost like a small blankie to me.
    Knock your socks off, you won't hear me make mention of her health unless it comes out she has a legitimate health condition.
    05-19-2014 05:43 PM
    The point was you claimed the dems did not work with the GOP.
    What you avoid is the fact the GOP has been stead fast in its refusal to even try.
    Do you realize how many bills have come from the House (some bi-partisan) that Harry Reid won't even bring up for a vote? And you say that the GOP doesn't try?
    Harry Reid has absolutely killed the Senate.
    05-19-2014 05:48 PM
    How can they fix Obama saying that he found out about everything through the news reports? More deflection on here.

So what GOP candidate can fix all these wrongs in the next presidential election?
    A895 likes this.
    05-19-2014 05:49 PM
    Do you realize how many bills have come from the House (some bi-partisan) that Harry Reid won't even bring up for a vote? And you say that the GOP doesn't try?
    Harry Reid has absolutely killed the Senate.
    and of those "bi-partision" bills how many would of gotten 60 votes? My guess is not many. I also willing to bet most of them were passed on GOP heavy votes.
    Now the 40+ show votes on ACA none of those count nor many others. GOP has been a show party. Hell you have elected GOP members form claiming 99% of mass shootings are democrats. Even sadder when that is becoming more the norm not the exception to the GOP.
    05-19-2014 05:53 PM
    and of those "bi-partision" bills how many would of gotten 60 votes? My guess is not many.
    And guess is all that anyone can do, thanks to Reid(Obama's puppet).
    05-19-2014 05:55 PM
    and of those "bi-partision" bills how many would of gotten 60 votes? My guess is not many.
    And guess is all that anyone can do, thanks to Reid(Obama's puppet).
    Hell you have elected GOP members form claiming 99% of mass shootings are democrats.
    They may be. I haven't seen any evidence in either direction.
    05-19-2014 05:58 PM
    GOP loves to play the blame game but never offers solutions or alternatives. It's always "we didn't do it, but you know who may be responsible?".

Posted via Android Central App
    05-19-2014 06:45 PM
    The GOP spent more time looking for something in Benghazi than ALL of our leaders did looking into how we ended up in Iraq under false pretenses. The Iraq war was a bigger travesty than Benghazi, with all due respect to those handful of people that died there.
    A895 and JnEricsonx like this.
    05-19-2014 08:05 PM
    She is unfit to serve, and it has nothing to do with her mental condition.

I'm not a big fan of hers, but when stacked up against ANY of the past 14 years' worth of GOP candidates, I'll settle for her.

I would much rather see Elizabeth Warren run for office. She actually seems like she's for the people. I figure it's only a matter of time before big money corrupts her as well, thus I'd rather get her in there before the corrosive effects of money takes root.
    A895, palandri, msndrstood and 1 others like this.
    05-19-2014 08:15 PM
    The GOP spent more time looking for something in Benghazi than ALL of our leaders did looking into how we ended up in Iraq under false pretenses. The Iraq war was a bigger travesty than Benghazi, with all due respect to those handful of people that died there.
    Both parties voted to go to Iraq.
    05-19-2014 09:41 PM
    Both parties voted to go to Iraq.
    Yes, after it was obvious that the administration would do whatever it took to those that opposed it, like I don't know oust a CIA agent that was working under cover? Funny, we never heard much about that either.....
    05-19-2014 09:43 PM
    Yes, after it was obvious that the administration would do whatever it took to those that opposed it, like I don't know oust a CIA agent that was working under cover? Funny, we never heard much about that either.....
    Yeah, okay.......
    05-19-2014 10:26 PM
    I wanna make sure we get all the false pretenses out there:

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by: -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

Here's one from the stupidest member of the house:

“As a member of the House Intelligence Committee (if there ever was an oxymoron), I am keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process.” — Nancy Pelosi, December 16, 1998

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." Letter to President Bush, Signed by: -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001
    05-20-2014 10:07 AM
    I wanna make sure we get all the false pretenses out there:

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by: -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

Here's one from the stupidest member of the house:

As a member of the House Intelligence Committee (if there ever was an oxymoron), I am keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process. Nancy Pelosi, December 16, 1998

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." Letter to President Bush, Signed by: -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001
    Stop it! You're muddying the water with facts. Liberals can't deal with that.

05-20-2014 11:33 AM
    Stop it! You're muddying the water with facts. Liberals can't deal with that.

Come on! They were given incorrect information. That's why they supported it. Where do you think the incorrect information came from?
    05-20-2014 11:45 AM
    Come on! They were given incorrect information. That's why they supported it. Where do you think the incorrect information came from?
    What about during the Clinton administration? So let me get this straight, the left wants to argue that Obama didn't know what was going on at the IRS or the state department or any department for that matter. "He can't micro-manage the entire government" is what I've heard. However Bush is using the same intel Clinton did and all of a sudden it's fabricated by his administration and he responsibles for what the FBI, CIA, NSA hands him? He doctored up every shred of intel in order to get congress to go along? Intel Congress has had long before he came into office. WOW do the goal posts really shift based on who's living on Pennsylvania ave.
    05-20-2014 12:09 PM
    That answer could apply to Obamacare and the public.

05-20-2014 12:40 PM
    What about during the Clinton administration? So let me get this straight, the left wants to argue that Obama didn't know what was going on at the IRS or the state department or any department for that matter. "He can't micro-manage the entire government" is what I've heard. However Bush is using the same intel Clinton did and all of a sudden it's fabricated by his administration and he responsibles for what the FBI, CIA, NSA hands him? He doctored up every shred of intel in order to get congress to go along? Intel Congress has had long before he came into office. WOW do the goal posts really shift based on who's living on Pennsylvania ave.
    Amen.

05-20-2014 12:41 PM
    I don't recall anyone ousting a CIA agent because that CIA agent's spouse was reporting facts that didn't support the Obama administration's agenda.........

Thus, it seems as though the Bush/Cheney administration had FACTS that contradicted their agenda and sought to HIDE and ACT despite those facts, while your quotes are from people that had only ONE set of the facts.
    05-20-2014 04:49 PM
    I don't recall anyone ousting a CIA agent because that CIA agent's spouse was reporting facts that didn't support the Obama administration's agenda.........

Thus, it seems as though the Bush/Cheney administration had FACTS that contradicted their agenda and sought to HIDE and ACT despite those facts, while your quotes are from people that had only ONE set of the facts.
    They only want the facts that will help them repeal Obamacare and ruin Hillary Clinton's potential run for presidency.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    A895 likes this.
    05-20-2014 07:39 PM
    They only want the facts that will help them repeal Obamacare and ruin Hillary Clinton's potential run for presidency.

I still think that the GOP's obsession with Benghazi and Obamacare is borderline psychotic. Although if you really think about it, it pretty much is psychotic. One of the phrases I hear them throw around ad nauseam is "the definition of insanity...." but that's exactly the symptom they're demonstrating by holding onto these two events. Instead of looking forward, they're stuck looking back.

This thread should be more about why so many of our service men and women have died waiting for treatment, but the OP decided to link this to Benghazi, which only shows how that camp tries to operate, "I'll lump my displeasure of the VA's handling of our service members' mistreatment with my own personal agenda and draw the ire of the members." But all it does is shows how disingenuous they can be even with an issue such as the well being of our service men and women. I still find it rather shameful.
    A895 and palandri like this.
    05-20-2014 07:59 PM
    I still think that the GOP's obsession with Benghazi and Obamacare is borderline psychotic. Although if you really think about it, it pretty much is psychotic. One of the phrases I hear them throw around ad nauseam is "the definition of insanity...." but that's exactly the symptom they're demonstrating by holding onto these two events. Instead of looking forward, they're stuck looking back.

This thread should be more about why so many of our service men and women have died waiting for treatment, but the OP decided to link this to Benghazi, which only shows how that camp tries to operate, "I'll lump my displeasure of the VA's handling of our service members' mistreatment with my own personal agenda and draw the ire of the members." But all it does is shows how disingenuous they can be even with an issue such as the well being of our service men and women. I still find it rather shameful.
    I don't understand what Benghazi or the VA have in common, aside from the fact that they're both conservative talking points. Above users mention that they're frustrated about the lack of partisan politics...kind of hard to do business with a party that wants Obamacare killed every time they work on a bill. I mean, they not only shut down the government over the summer, they cost plenty of people to go without pay and added to the deficit...because they wouldn't accept anything that didn't repeal Obamacare. Its ridiculous and we're all paying the price.

A895 and rexxman like this.
    05-20-2014 08:10 PM
1,900 ... 6162636465 ...