07-15-2014 12:26 PM
1,900 ... 6566676869 ...
tools
    Who is ready for another day of lively "debate"? Anyone want to talk about something new?

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.
    A895 and palandri like this.
    05-23-2014 10:30 AM
    Who is ready for another day of lively "debate"? Anyone want to talk about something new?

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.
    How about the political implications of this: Potential cultural impact of extraterrestrial contact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or we could talk about this: We Are Dead Stars - The Atlantic
    05-23-2014 11:33 AM
    I didn't say start a war with them, I said cease all dealings with them until they found and handed over those responsible for the attack. I fail to see the reasoning behind continued aid to a country that no interest in our security.
    So basically you are for us letting people die in the street and crashing our economy along with their and the potential of the world again by being bullies.

It is the same answer as before.
    You want to punish the masses for the actions of a few.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    A895 likes this.
    05-23-2014 01:37 PM
    Obama's fault..... /end thread
    A895, palandri and msndrstood like this.
    05-23-2014 03:34 PM
    Obama's fault..... /end thread
    I would be rich in pennies, if I had a penny for every time someone blamed Obama for something. Like there isn't 544 other people you can't look at. Nah, it's only Obama and that's it, there aren't 2 other branches of government who are also responsible for how Government works.
    palandri and msndrstood like this.
    05-23-2014 04:00 PM
    I would be rich in pennies, if I had a penny for every time someone blamed Obama for something. Like there isn't 544 other people you can't look at. Nah, it's only Obama and that's it, there aren't 2 other branches of government who are also responsible for how Government works.
    And what's sad is there is GENUINE reason to lay some blame on him. He said he would close Gitmo, is Gitmo closed? Umm no. He said there would be more transparency, but I have yet to see that transparency. Also, the VA mess is something that he addressed before he became president, yet there are still veterans dying while waiting to get treatment.

The Partisan hacks are looking for "nail in the coffin" type scenarios to impeach him. I have news for them, you don't get to where he's at (especially as a black man) without having kept your nose clean. They need to put their witch hunt aside and genuinely put the president to task on real issues that real Americans care about. All the frivolous bickering does is it gives Obama a pass. He gets to scream out, "well I tried to get this done, but these guys want me to talk about Benghazi, Obamacare, etc".

When Hollywood decides to make a movie about Obama (and you know they will), the stupidity of the GOP is going to be magnified 10x to make Obama come out smelling like a rose. All I know is I'd hate to be one of those stubborn GOP leaders that's going to be portrayed as some sort of super bigoted monster once Hollywood puts its mark on this story.
    A895 likes this.
    05-23-2014 04:23 PM
    And what's sad is there is GENUINE reason to lay some blame on him. He said he would close Gitmo, is Gitmo closed? Umm no. He said there would be more transparency, but I have yet to see that transparency. Also, the VA mess is something that he addressed before he became president, yet there are still veterans dying while waiting to get treatment.
    Along with "if you like your doctor and plan, you can keep them". "Family premiums will drop $2500 per year". How are they working out?
    05-23-2014 06:49 PM
    So basically you are for us letting people die in the street and crashing our economy along with their and the potential of the world again by being bullies.
    I am for letting people live their own lives and run their own countries. Maybe the reason so much of the world dislike the US is that we are constantly going everywhere in the world and telling them how to manage their business when we can't even handle our own.
    05-23-2014 07:20 PM
    Along with "if you like your doctor and plan, you can keep them". "Family premiums will drop $2500 per year". How are they working out?

Considering the GOP fought tooth and nail against single payer, I don't really care about this. Single Payer WOULD'VE eliminated people getting dumped, and people paying much more. The way I see it, he can't fix what the GOP won't let him fix.

I know a lot of people want to scream against single payer, but when you consider what it does, it eliminates the worker having to depend on their employer for healthcare, and lets the employee look for better paying work without having to worry about covering their family. That would've been a huge win for the middle class. But, the GOP made too many people think that single payer was a bad idea. Sure it would've cost us more in taxes, but it would've taken insurance out of employers' hands and to be honest it doesn't belong in their hands to begin with.
    05-23-2014 08:12 PM
    Considering the GOP fought tooth and nail against single payer, I don't really care about this. Single Payer WOULD'VE eliminated people getting dumped, and people paying much more. The way I see it, he can't fix what the GOP won't let him fix.
    Your response was surely a cop-out. What has that got to do with single payer (which is a terrible idea, by the way. We don't need more government-run healthcare.)?
    05-23-2014 10:23 PM
    Your response was surely a cop-out. What has that got to do with single payer (which is a terrible idea, by the way. We don't need more government-run healthcare.)?
    No single payer would eliminate both issues. And you're a perfect example of the GOP brainwashing people into thinking that it's a bad idea. Why exactly is it a bad idea? And please try to explain why you think it's a bad idea without using Faux News talking points, "We don't need no gub'ment run healthcare" is pretty much Faux News talking points.
    A895 likes this.
    05-23-2014 10:35 PM
    No single payer would eliminate both issues. And you're a perfect example of the GOP brainwashing people into thinking that it's a bad idea. Why exactly is it a bad idea? And please try to explain why you think it's a bad idea without using Faux News talking points, "We don't need no gub'ment run healthcare" is pretty much Faux News talking points.
    Look at other countries that have tried it. It doesn't work. The delays in treatments and doctor appointments are terrible. Look at Medicare and Medicaid, and tell me that those government-run plans are working out well. It is getting harder and harder to find a doctor that will even see a Medicaid patient, because they get paid next to nothing, and that is what will happen with single payer. The government needs to stay out of healthcare, and that includes Obamacare. The latest stats show that other than Medicaid enrollments, that the majority of enrollments were from people that already had good plans that were cancelled. I think that I read that only about 1 million of the enrollments were previously un-insured people.
    05-23-2014 10:50 PM
    Look at other countries that have tried it. It doesn't work. The delays in treatments and doctor appointments are terrible. Look at Medicare and Medicaid, and tell me that those government-run plans are working out well. It is getting harder and harder to find a doctor that will even see a Medicaid patient, because they get paid next to nothing, and that is what will happen with single payer. The government needs to stay out of healthcare, and that includes Obamacare. The latest stats show that other than Medicaid enrollments, that the majority of enrollments were from people that already had good plans that were cancelled. I think that I read that only about 1 million of the enrollments were previously un-insured people.
    No links?
    05-23-2014 11:28 PM
    No links?
    Just go to any Tea Party forum and there's plenty of information. People are dying in the streets all because a 25 cents antibiotic was too expensive, or pulling the plug on Grandma because she just wasn't worth the cost.

If you see an unmarked black helicopter circling your house it's over.
    A895 and rexxman like this.
    05-23-2014 11:37 PM
    With the cost of the website (probably the most expensive website on planet earth) doesn't give a person much faith in having them run healthcare too.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
    05-23-2014 11:50 PM
    A website that didn't even work.

05-23-2014 11:53 PM
    You do know that Obamacare is just a website for a healthcare market right now right? The only thing that's being "run" by the government is the website AND some subsidies for some of the healthcare plans.
    A895 likes this.
    05-24-2014 01:49 AM
    With the cost of the website (probably the most expensive website on planet earth) doesn't give a person much faith in having them run healthcare too.

The website is a portal, healthcare is not actually run by the government.

Posted via Android Central App
    rexxman likes this.
    05-24-2014 04:19 AM

Although, that's not what Faux News is telling the sheep......
    A895 likes this.
    05-24-2014 04:21 AM

So they aren't telling the insurance companies what to do?
    05-24-2014 06:42 AM
    Although, that's not what Faux News is telling the sheep......
    You watch NBC news, don't you? You must love MSNBC.
    05-24-2014 06:44 AM
    Actually, quite well thank you.

The ACA added much benefit to my health coverage situation.

My family kept ALL their providers and facilities. Provisions of the act allowed a prior uninsured adult son back onto my coverage. This allowed a life saving kidney transplant without bankrupting the family.

I know now you will counter with the 'cost savings' argument but before you do, just consider this. The insured kidney transplant saved this family much, much more than 2,500!

palandri and A895 like this.
    05-24-2014 07:18 AM
    That's not what you meant and you know it.

05-24-2014 07:55 AM
    If you consider that a legitimate argument against the Affordable Care Act it's probably the weakest argument one can make. They're telling insurance companies to do what they are suppose to do, pay for medical bill. If 80% of the money isn't used for medical bills, you refund it to your clients, not stick it in your pocket like a common thief.

It makes no sense to have life saving medical insurance setup on a for profit bases, meaning the more money you take in and the less money you pay out the better. That's how capitalism works.
    05-24-2014 08:56 AM
    Actually, quite well thank you.

The ACA added much benefit to my health coverage situation.

My family kept ALL their providers and facilities. Provisions of the act allowed a prior uninsured adult son back onto my coverage. This allowed a life saving kidney transplant without bankrupting the family.

I know now you will counter with the 'cost savings' argument but before you do, just consider this. The insured kidney transplant saved this family much, much more than 2,500!

I am absolutely thankful for your results. Praise the Lord for that surgery. But that doesn't change the fact that the people were lied to with the two statements that I earlier posted.
    05-24-2014 12:29 PM
1,900 ... 6566676869 ...