07-15-2014 12:26 PM
1,900 ... 6768697071 ...
tools
    I am very fortunate to live near an exceptional VA hospital. The treatment and attitudes ore awesome. I have dealt with several different facilities over the years and there can be a great difference between hospitals. So don't judge all by the reputations of a small minority of facilities.

Posted from my VZW GALAXY S3
    palandri and rexxman like this.
    05-24-2014 08:16 PM
    You need to think again. Where did I state that is was a perfectly good plan?

When you stated that people should be allowed to keep these plans even though they didn't meet the federal requirements for healthcare. If we allow these insurance companies to keep these policies and people are still going bankrupt and broke from a major illness, then we are back in the same situation we were earlier.
    05-24-2014 08:21 PM
    When you stated that people should be allowed to keep these plans even though they didn't meet the federal requirements for healthcare. If we allow these insurance companies to keep these policies and people are still going bankrupt and broke from a major illness, then we are back in the same situation we were earlier.
    From the lips of your fearless leader: "if you like your health plan, you can keep it, PERIOD" and "if you like your doctor, you can keep him, PERIOD". Now, what about those statements is not a lie? Not to even mention the "family saving $2500/year" lie. Obama was even nominated for "Lie of the Year" award!
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-plan-keep-it/
    05-24-2014 09:34 PM
    This thread summarized:

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.
    Sren Kierkegaard
    05-24-2014 09:51 PM
    From the lips of your fearless leader: "if you like your health plan, you can keep it, PERIOD" and "if you like your doctor, you can keep him, PERIOD". Now, what about those statements is not a lie? Not to even mention the "family saving $2500/year" lie. Obama was even nominated for "Lie of the Year" award!
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-plan-keep-it/
    He was referring to the law’s clause allowing insurers and employers to “grandfather” plans offered before the bill became law. Do you really think a mini med plan with a $2,000 cap is a great health care plan like you said earlier? Think again.
    05-24-2014 09:53 PM
    Do you really think a mini med plan with a $2,000 cap is a great health care plan like you said earlier? Think again.
    Please show me where I said that.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you really think a mini med plan with a $2,000 cap is a great health care plan like you said earlier? Think again.
    Please show me where I said that.
    He was referring to the law’s clause allowing insurers and employers to “grandfather” plans offered before the bill became law.
    Which came out after the fact.
    05-24-2014 10:10 PM
    Actually, I think that the shutdown cost less.
    Fox News reported the cost of the Healthcare.Gov website as 600+ million. Standard & Poor reported the cost of the shutdown as 24 billion.

Your prejudice is clearly on display.

Posted via Android Central App
    palandri and A895 like this.
    05-24-2014 10:25 PM
    Fox News reported the cost of the Healthcare.Gov website as 600+ million. Standard & Poor reported the cost of the shutdown as 24 billion.

Your prejudice is clearly on display.

Yep, I am prejudiced in favor of Republicans. IMO, this is the worst administration since Jimmy Carter. He promised transparency? LOL!
    05-25-2014 07:56 AM
    Yep, I am prejudiced in favor of Republicans. IMO, this is the worst administration since Jimmy Carter. He promised transparency? LOL!
    Thanks for your honesty.

msndrstood likes this.
    05-25-2014 08:13 AM
    05-25-2014 09:21 AM
    Just more proof that mental health care is underused.

A895 likes this.
    05-25-2014 09:52 AM
    Just Lol.

05-25-2014 02:40 PM
    Now tell us this, why are you in favor of the Republicans, without resorting to Fox News talking points?

Since I'm already thinking you may give me the typical response of "Well why are you prejudice in favor of the Democrats?" I'll go ahead and answer that right now. I'm not so much in favor of the Democrats as I find them somewhat incompetent, not focused, and not as serious with their convictions as the Republicans as I am less repulsed by them than by the Republicans. At one point I considered the Libertarian party, but can't help wonder if they were some sort of GOP think tank idea used to siphon votes from the Democrats. I liken them somewhat to the Tea Party, a faction of the party that's only managed to splinter the party and allowed for more votes to be cast towards the opposing party.
    05-25-2014 09:05 PM
    "He needs to be impeached because he lied to us".....Kind of funny that almost EVERY politician has lied or stretched the truth in one way, shape or form. Now why exactly is this politician's lie(s) under more scrutiny than any other politicians' lies? Hmmm, what exactly could it be?!?!?!
    05-25-2014 10:33 PM
    I received this in an email. I don't know if it is true, but if true, I wonder why he doesn't attend. This is not a slam on Obama, as I would wonder this about any President, when all other ones have attended.

Subject: June 6, 2014

I wonder where he will be this year?

Every year the French have a 4 day celebration in Normandy complete with American uniforms, tanks, jeeps and guns. They still honor the Americans who died there.

Four times in 69 years!!

SHAME ON AMERICA FOR ELECTING A NON-VETERAN PRESIDENT WHO DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE THE COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF: HE IS ABSOLUTELY A DISGRACE TO ALL WHO FOUGHT FOR THIS NATION AND GAVE THEIR LIVES.

VETERANS - PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO YOUR VETERAN FRIENDS AND CONTACTS!!!!!!

June 6, 2013, the 69th anniversary of "D-Day", the largest invasion ever attempted, where 200,000 Americans stormed the beaches at Normandy to begin the final push to defeat Nazi Germany in WWII. D-Day marked the turning point in WWII in Europe. Today, European heads of state make it a point to recall and honor the sacrifices of those who landed in Normandy, as do our Presidents....well, most of them....

In the 69 years since D-Day, there are four occasions when the President of the United States chose not to visit the D-Day Monument that honors the soldiers killed during the Invasion.

The occasions were:

1. Barack Obama, 2010
    2. Barack Obama, 2011
    3. Barack Obama, 2012
    4. Barack Obama, 2013

For the past 69 years, every American President except Obama has taken the time to honor the memory and sacrifices of the 6,000 American soldiers killed on D-Day. ....Except Obama!

June 6 2010,
    Obama had no events scheduled.

June 6, 2011,
    Obama met with the National Security team and was interviewed by WEWS Cleveland and WDIV in Detroit about the auto industry - FAR too busy to visit the D-Day memorial.

June 6, 2012,
    instead of honoring our fallen soldiers, Obama made a campaign trip to California on Air Force 1 (at our expense) to raise funds for (his) upcoming election.

June 6, 2013,
    Obama was doing ANOTHER fund raiser with the multimillionaires in the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee in Palo Alto CA, once again at our expense.

America - Aren't you proud?
    05-26-2014 09:39 AM
    Why would you post something like this without googling it first? Snopes, Truth or Fiction, Urban Legends and a host of other sites will give you the answer.
    msndrstood likes this.
    05-26-2014 11:13 AM
    Why would you post something like this without googling it first? Snopes, Truth or Fiction, Urban Legends and a host of other sites will give you the answer.
    That would take all of the fun out of it! But, I did say that I didn't know if it was true.
    jdbii likes this.
    05-26-2014 11:32 AM
    I think it's called "blindly drinking the koolaid"..... snopes.com: Barack Obama and the D-Day Monument
    msndrstood and rexxman like this.
    05-26-2014 02:36 PM
    It's pretty disingenuous to post this on Memorial Day. You're propagating more lies and dissent. And that's truly a shame. I can't dislike this enough.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    oz123, A895, rexxman and 1 others like this.
    05-26-2014 02:53 PM
    It's pretty disingenuous to post this on Memorial Day. You're propagating more lies and dissent. And that's truly a shame. I can't dislike this enough.

It would be like posting up a thread with this link Multiple Scientific Studies Confirm: Extreme Conservatism Linked to Racism, Low I.Q. | Americans Against the Tea Party or this one Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism with the exception that one set of articles has been disproved by Snopes.com.....
    05-26-2014 03:17 PM
    Of course, there's this...

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/po...sary-of-d-day/

Don't miss the part where the President of France invites foreign leaders to attend.

05-26-2014 04:50 PM
    Of course, there's this...

Obama will travel to Normandy for 70th anniversary of D Day - The Washington Post

Don't miss the part where the President of France invites foreign leaders to attend.

How dare you post facts in these types of threads!!!
    msndrstood likes this.
    05-26-2014 08:09 PM
    It's amazing how many of these things get passed around, usually via Facebook. I've stopped paying attention to them after proving so many false. The best ones are the likes/shares = life saving treatment posts. Even when pointed out how they are false and often using some unsuspecting kid's picture for someone else's popularity stunt, those people still have some "you never know," or "better safe than sorry," excuse and keep perpetuating the problem.
    05-26-2014 09:19 PM
    Who has time to Google things like this?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    05-27-2014 07:43 AM
    There is so much inaccurate information on the web. Especially stuff from email, i have friends that insist whatever they read must be fact until a quick check from Aurelia source discredits it.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    05-27-2014 07:50 AM
1,900 ... 6768697071 ...