07-15-2014 12:26 PM
1,900 ... 73747576
tools
    So the kids don't know where home is or what their name is or their parents for that matter, but they have the wherewithal and reasoning to recognize gang and drug violence? I have a bridge for sale if you're interested? Obviously there are enough there who know where the others came from, whether they want to talk is another issue.

Obama has shown he refuses to deport "dreamers". He doesn't need congressional approval for emergency money, but something as polarizing as immigration in an election year requires some "cover".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    (Sigh) It's like talking to a wall.

These kids would not be dreamers. Do you know who and what that term applies to?

And who said anything about kids recognizing gang violence (besides you)…?

And I just love the right wing position on this.....we are suing you Mr. President because you go it alone too much. Oh....but go ahead and go it alone on this issue because we don't want to deal with it. Priceless.

Any hypocritical as usual for the GOP.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-10-2014 10:53 PM
    I highly doubt it. Exactly what makes you think that would be the case? Here's why I don't believe it, because there is one distinct difference between our neighbors to the north and our neighbors to the south. Here's a hint, it has to do with the color of their skin, but I'm willing to bet that you're in denial about that little fact.
    Talk about race baiting. There's another, bigger difference between our northern and southern neighbors. Canadians aren't living mostly in poverty. Their government isn't near as corrupt. They don't have drug lords killing people right and left. They live a life similar to ours in the grand scheme of things, so where's the draw?

If you actually listened to the other side, you'd know they have no issues with legal immigration and neither do I. The fact is, this has nothing to do with skin color. You making ignorant statements like that and drawing in racism where it doesn't exist makes you more a racist than those you're trying to call out.
    07-10-2014 10:57 PM
    They don't have to be able to read, they can be told what to say which is citing a script.

Of course! Because you know....after a three to four week traumatic journey, with little food, clearly the words will just be rolling right off the tip of their tongues.

I don't think you have thought this all the way through or realize how difficult the journey is.

07-10-2014 11:02 PM
    If we had anywhere near the number of illegals crossing our northern border as we do our southern, then there would be just as much outcry for it. And watch it, the left talks about border security (or lack of it) in the same manner.
    But you see, in addition to talking about brown kids coming over the border the right likes to bang the drum of terrorism as a reason to build a huge wall and send thousands of new people there to guard it. One problem that exposes their true motivations.....a terrorist can come from the North too. But there never is any real calls to strengthen that border.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

07-10-2014 11:11 PM
    Of course! Because you know....after a three to four week traumatic journey, with little food, clearly the words will just be rolling right off the tip of their tongues.

I don't think you have thought this all the way through or realize how difficult the journey is.

What makes you think it's a three or four week traumatic journey?

07-10-2014 11:15 PM
    I highly doubt it. Exactly what makes you think that would be the case? Here's why I don't believe it, because there is one distinct difference between our neighbors to the north and our neighbors to the south. Here's a hint, it has to do with the color of their skin, but I'm willing to bet that you're in denial about that little fact.
    Race-bait much? Typical liberal. No one has mentioned skin color until you did.

07-10-2014 11:16 PM
    But you see, in addition to talking about brown kids coming over the border the right likes to bang the drum of terrorism as a reason to build a huge wall and send thousands of new people there to guard it. One problem that exposes their true motivations.....a terrorist can come from the North too. But there never is any real calls to strengthen that border.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Think about the make up of the two bordering countries, and put yourself into the mindset of a mid-east would be terrorist. Would you rather try sneaking in from Canada, where you'll stand out like a sore thumb by yourself, or cross from Mexico where you have a chance of blending in with hundreds of others that look similar to you?

Show me where we have near the problems from the north as we do the south, and then I'll put stock in what you say. I'm sure the northern border has some weak points, but again, it comes back to where the problems actually are.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    07-10-2014 11:58 PM
    Think about the make up of the two bordering countries, and put yourself into the mindset of a mid-east would be terrorist. Would you rather try sneaking in from Canada, where you'll stand out like a sore thumb by yourself, or cross from Mexico where you have a chance of blending in with hundreds of others that look similar to you?

Show me where we have near the problems from the north as we do the south, and then I'll put stock in what you say. I'm sure the northern border has some weak points, but again, it comes back to where the problems actually are.
    Canada isn't as milk white as you seem to think it is. Nor do all darker skinned people look alike. You CAN tell the difference.

07-11-2014 12:34 AM
    What makes you think it's a three or four week traumatic journey?
    Interviews. Watching. Listening. Common sense. Putting myself in other people's shoes. Remembering what it was like being a kid and how it would feel to be in a strange country surrounded by strangers not knowing what would happen. Leaving everything you have ever known behind.

If you don't think that is traumatic, then I don't know what else to tell you.

07-11-2014 12:42 AM
    Canada isn't as milk white as you seem to think it is. Nor do all darker skinned people look alike. You CAN tell the difference.
    Yet events would suggest otherwise.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/16/co....google.com%2F

The report, released Thursday, is titled “A Line in the Sand: Countering Crime, Violence and Terror at the Southwest Border.” It found that the “Southwest border has now become the greatest threat of terrorist infiltration into the United States.” It specifically cites a “growing influence” from Iranian and Hezbollah terror forces in Latin America.
    That was just one of numerous reports tying terrorists to Central and South American drug cartels and their actions related to the U.S. I did the same search but changed "Mexico" to "Canada" in the search terms and found nothing suggesting them trying to take actions against us via Canadian partners. If you have info otherwise, then by all means, show it. We should concentrate our efforts where the problem actually is, not send unnecessary resources to the Canadian border simply because we don't want to look prejudice.
    07-11-2014 01:18 AM
    When the right wing talks about border security, it's usually the southern border....but no they're not the party of racism and bigotry......no not them.....

The GAO estimates that 77% of our illegal population comes from Mexico and Central/South America. I don't know but probability would have it that the southern border would be the one to secure first but I'm only using logic. But lets keep pulling out the same old washed up race card that the left loves to play.
    07-11-2014 09:08 AM
    (Sigh) It's like talking to a wall.

These kids would not be dreamers. Do you know who and what that term applies to?

And who said anything about kids recognizing gang violence (besides you)…?

And I just love the right wing position on this.....we are suing you Mr. President because you go it alone too much. Oh....but go ahead and go it alone on this issue because we don't want to deal with it. Priceless.

Any hypocritical as usual for the GOP.

I know what the dream act states, but as you recall in 2012 the POTUS issued an executive order that halt deportations of minors who meet certain (not all) provisions of the dream act. Basically anyone under the age of 30 who came to this country as minors younger than 16. So how many of these in this flood do you think meet that requirement? It's not just about college age illegals who want to go to a university.

You brought up violence as their reason they are heading for the hills, not me. Well if you know anything about what type of violence is going on down there, you'd know it's not petty theft of a pack of bubble gum. It's gang and drug violence.

Yet there's no hypocrisy in an effort to obtain political cover in an election year from a president who has shown his willingness to go at it alone? Works both ways.
    07-11-2014 09:46 AM
    Talk about race baiting. There's another, bigger difference between our northern and southern neighbors. Canadians aren't living mostly in poverty. Their government isn't near as corrupt. They don't have drug lords killing people right and left. They live a life similar to ours in the grand scheme of things, so where's the draw?

If you actually listened to the other side, you'd know they have no issues with legal immigration and neither do I. The fact is, this has nothing to do with skin color. You making ignorant statements like that and drawing in racism where it doesn't exist makes you more a racist than those you're trying to call out.
    That's the kind of denial I was expecting. By all means, continue denying it. And let me guess, you also think racism doesn't exist because we have a black president?
    07-11-2014 06:35 PM
    Race-bait much? Typical liberal. No one has mentioned skin color until you did.

Has no one mentioned it because it's already assumed since your GOP party is the party that's all up in arms the most or is no one mentioning it because that side is in denial?
    07-11-2014 06:38 PM
    Interviews. Watching. Listening. Common sense. Putting myself in other people's shoes. Remembering what it was like being a kid and how it would feel to be in a strange country surrounded by strangers not knowing what would happen. Leaving everything you have ever known behind.

If you don't think that is traumatic, then I don't know what else to tell you.

Good luck teaching this bunch about empathy, but I applaud your attempts.... haha
    nolittdroid and GadgetGator like this.
    07-11-2014 06:40 PM
    And let me guess, you also think racism doesn't exist because we have a black president?
    IMO, one of the main reasons that we have a black president is because racism exists.
    07-11-2014 06:40 PM
    IMO, one of the main reasons that we have a black president is because racism exists.
    And let me guess, you only see the racism from the other camp that got him into office? So what were you calling it when we had nothing but white men in the white house? I'm guessing you called that "the norm"?
    07-11-2014 06:44 PM
    And let me guess, you only see the racism from the other camp that got him into office? So what were you calling it when we had nothing but white men in the white house? I'm guessing you called that "the norm"?
    We had all whites because no blacks ever ran for president. But when 97% of one group votes for one person, then I am suspecting some racism. You do know that racism works both ways, right? Anyway, I am getting out of this conversation now.
    07-11-2014 06:51 PM
    We had all whites because no blacks ever ran for president. But when 97% of one group votes for one person, then I am suspecting some racism. You do know that racism works both ways, right? Anyway, I am getting out of this conversation now.
    Wow..... Like I said, denial and somewhat telling, but I'm not really surprised.

Oh and African-American candidates for President of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    07-11-2014 07:16 PM
    ". But when 97% of one group votes for one person, then I am suspecting some racism."

Do you believe this is racism?
    07-11-2014 07:20 PM
    ". But when 97% of one group votes for one person, then I am suspecting some racism."

Do you believe this is racism?
    Which group?

I'm sure 97% of the Tea Party voted for Romney and that 97% of Moms against Satanic Candidates (made up name, for example) voted against Romney. It shows bias, but not necessarily a reason for the bias.
    07-11-2014 07:24 PM
    Which group?

I'm sure 97% of the Tea Party voted for Romney and that 97% of Moms against Satanic Candidates (made up name, for example) voted against Romney. It shows bias, but not necessarily a reason for the bias.
    97% of blacks voted for Obama.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-11-2014 07:34 PM
    97% of blacks voted for Obama.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Is that different than 97% of vegans or any other characteristic?

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.
    07-11-2014 07:40 PM

Yes, it is. When no blacks were running, 97% of blacks didn't vote for one white candidate So, IMO, racism affected the vote.

07-11-2014 07:45 PM

Absolutely not. I would not prefer to side with the camp that is critiquing what or who voted for what, rather why so many people chose not to vote.
    07-11-2014 09:20 PM
1,900 ... 73747576