07-15-2014 12:26 PM
1,900 ... 747576
tools
    Is that different than 97% of vegans or any other characteristic?

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.
    One group you are born into and every other group you have mentioned is by choice of association. It is no different than if 97% of white people didn't vote for him. There would huge cries of outrage(rightfully so). Society would be completely divided once again.

I personally don't understand why it is unacceptable to bring up the issue of racism in minority groups. It is no more or less of a serious issue than it is with the majority. We had a very large number of people who we can safely assume ignored the political policies and issues and voted on a candidate's origin alone. That is incredibly alarming.
    07-11-2014 09:32 PM
    What's even more alarming is that 93,000,000 million people did not vote at all in the 2012 presidential election. That is way worse than someone's *reason* for *voting*.

Where is this 97% of a certain people voted on origin alone come from? Just curious.
    07-11-2014 09:42 PM
    One group you are born into and every other group you have mentioned is by choice of association. It is no different than if 97% of white people didn't vote for him. There would huge cries of outrage(rightfully so). Society would be completely divided once again.

I personally don't understand why it is unacceptable to bring up the issue of racism in minority groups. It is no more or less of a serious issue than it is with the majority. We had a very large number of people who we can safely assume ignored the political policies and issues and voted on a candidate's origin alone. That is incredibly alarming.
    Its completely acceptable to bring up racism and obviously anyone can be racist, regardless of their personal race, etc. What I'm questioning is why person a being racist makes it more socially acceptable (in this thread and in general) for person b to be racist. Also, no one has indicated how voter turnout changed and/or how different it was from previous elections, etc.

If it is true that many people made a conscious racist decision to thwart the political process and that scenario outweighed the opposing force's efforts to do the same!e thing in a substantial enough way that the results are skewed so much that the general public who chose to vote for more logically valid reasons were overpowered then we definitely have a problem.

However, we could see an argument that a candidate's experiences as a member of a demographic group make that candidate better able to empathize with and thus potentially represent other members of that same demographic - or at least that such an argument may make sense to some people. That decision I'm sure you'd agree would be substantially less racist than the blind fear, hatred and ignorance that true racism represents.

Do we have any idea of the reasoning of the 97% and/or how many would normally have voted Republican but changed to democratic for the candidate and of that subset how many did because of logical reasons and how many did so because of racism?

Nexus through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.
    07-11-2014 09:45 PM
    I found this:

Same source says in 2012 93% voted for the democratic candidate. Guess racism went out the window. The number barely moved and Gore isn't black.

GadgetGator likes this.
    07-11-2014 09:58 PM
    I found this:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/12/pety8yje.jpg

Same source says in 2012 93% voted for the democratic candidate. Guess racism went out the window. The number barely moved and Gore isn't black.

Hard to argue with those numbers.
    07-11-2014 10:03 PM
    I know what the dream act states, but as you recall in 2012 the POTUS issued an executive order that halt deportations of minors who meet certain (not all) provisions of the dream act. Basically anyone under the age of 30 who came to this country as minors younger than 16. So how many of these in this flood do you think meet that requirement?
    Zero. That's how many. Because there was also a date component to that which anyone now coming is past.

You brought up violence as their reason they are heading for the hills, not me. Well if you know anything about what type of violence is going on down there, you'd know it's not petty theft of a pack of bubble gum. It's gang and drug violence.
    Yes...but you made reference that kids wouldn't know that. I agree with you. It's the parents sending them. It's not like the five year olds are saying "I'm outta here with all this violence" on their own.

Yet there's no hypocrisy in an effort to obtain political cover in an election year from a president who has shown his willingness to go at it alone? Works both ways.
    Political cover? Hmmmm...let me sue you and see if you want to do continue to do things the same way.
    07-12-2014 01:47 AM
    And let me guess, you only see the racism from the other camp that got him into office? So what were you calling it when we had nothing but white men in the white house? I'm guessing you called that "the norm"?
    Its only racist if you vote for a black president if you're black....but it's not racist to vote for a white person if you're white because that's how it's always been done. Hahahahhaha. These people are the same bunch who will think feminists are sexist if we ever see a female president.
    07-13-2014 06:00 PM
    If we had anywhere near the number of illegals crossing our northern border as we do our southern, then there would be just as much outcry for it. And watch it, the left talks about border security (or lack of it) in the same manner.

That's pretty much been one of my main points all along. Go after the businesses. Make it undesirable to employ illegals, and that will serve as a deterrent.
    But where will contractors, hoteliers, and farmers hire their cheap, off the books labor? Let's not pretend there are a LOT of people who use the system to their advantage.
    07-13-2014 06:03 PM
    But where will contractors, hoteliers, and farmers hire their cheap, off the books labor? Let's not pretend there are a LOT of people who use the system to their advantage.
    When you consider what GWB's administration did to this country and how his ilk was elected TWICE, I'm perfectly fine with having a magic 8-ball sit in the oval office.
    msndrstood and nolittdroid like this.
    07-13-2014 06:19 PM
    So you're ok with breaking the law as long as it suits your needs?
    07-13-2014 08:48 PM
    So you're ok with breaking the law as long as it suits your needs?
    Laws are one thing. Reality and the needs of the country are quite another matter. There's a reason that every single president (of both parties) has looked the other way on this issue and not totally sealed the border with some kind of wall. Instead half hearted efforts are made to make it look like something is being done, even though it is really not.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-13-2014 11:13 PM
    Laws are one thing. Reality and the needs of the country are quite another matter.
    If you don't like a law, you try to change it. In the mean time, you follow it and there should be no excuses unless there's dire circumstances. If you want to talk reality and needs of the country, we have plenty of deadbeats that need a reality check and get to work. Complain about higher food prices if you want, but they're already artificially manipulated by illegal wages and government subsidies. And if we made this a more business friendly nation, there would be less need for welfare, and less need for having so many taxes to pay for the welfare state we're in. That's on top of the additional taxes the legal workers would be paying back into the system.

If the illegals don't like it, they can go back to their country where they belong.
    07-14-2014 02:09 AM
    If you don't like a law, you try to change it. In the mean time, you follow it and there should be no excuses unless there's dire circumstances. If you want to talk reality and needs of the country, we have plenty of deadbeats that need a reality check and get to work. Complain about higher food prices if you want, but they're already artificially manipulated by illegal wages and government subsidies. And if we made this a more business friendly nation, there would be less need for welfare, and less need for having so many taxes to pay for the welfare state we're in. That's on top of the additional taxes the legal workers would be paying back into the system.

If the illegals don't like it, they can go back to their country where they belong.
    I think the U.S. is business friendly enough, we need to stop catering to businesses so dang much.

palandri likes this.
    07-14-2014 02:47 AM
    I think the U.S. is business friendly enough, we need to stop catering to businesses so dang much.
    Agreed on the last part because doing so is keeping new entrants from starting up and employing more people, which keeps unemployment higher, wages lower, and consumer prices higher. Government shouldn't be in the business of picking winners and losers.
    07-14-2014 03:09 AM
    To get on topic, I still see Obama as pretty shiny, he is someone who is willing to take risks, otherwise the ACA would not have ever passed.

07-14-2014 09:20 AM
    To get on topic, I still see Obama as pretty shiny, he is someone who is willing to take risks, otherwise the ACA would not have ever passed.

How does that make him shine when over half of the population does not like Obamacare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-14-2014 10:47 AM
    How does that make him shine when over half of the population does not like Obamacare?

Is there a source for this? I have never run into someone who does not like it, and the only time I hear people don't like it, is on the internet or on Fox News.

msndrstood likes this.
    07-14-2014 11:58 AM
    Is there a source for this? I have never run into someone who does not like it, and the only time I hear people don't like it, is on the internet or on Fox News.

http://www.people-press.org/2014/03/...than-approval/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-14-2014 12:08 PM

Talk about a derail... none of that has anything to do with my point. Not a single President has ever sealed that border. Not a single one. Ask yourself why.

07-14-2014 01:00 PM

Don't like Obamacare or don't like Obama? Because if you ask the people of Kentucky if they like Kentucky Konnect or like Obamacare you will get vastly different answers even though they are the same thing.

07-14-2014 01:03 PM
    Don't like Obamacare or don't like Obama? Because if you ask the people of Kentucky if they like Kentucky Konnect or like Obamacare you will get vastly different answers even though they are the same thing.

The link plainly shows Obamacare. I know that I don't like it. It took my premium from about 350 a month up to $655 after subsidies. What happened to the promised lower premiums?

But probably over half of the country doesn't like Obama now, considering his terrible job performance, according to polls.

07-14-2014 01:07 PM
    The link plainly shows Obamacare. I know that I don't like it. It took my premium from about 350 a month up to $655 after subsidies. What happened to the promised lower premiums?

But probably over half of the country doesn't like Obama now, considering his terrible job performance, according to polls.

Blame your insurance company you chose. Or your income. Virtually everyone I know is paying less. But perhaps we have more competition where I live. Which is why I agree with the Republicans on allowing more competition across state lines

07-14-2014 08:03 PM
    Blame your insurance company you chose. Or your income. Virtually everyone I know is paying less. But perhaps we have more competition where I live. Which is why I agree with the Republicans on allowing more competition across state lines

"If you like your plan or doctor, you can keep them".
    "Premiums will reduce by $2500."

All lies.
    07-15-2014 11:28 AM
    "If you like your plan or doctor, you can keep them".
    "Premiums will reduce by $2500."

All lies.
    I don't think the keep your doctor was an intentional lie. Just someone completely misinformed. As soon as he said that I knew it was wrong. Even in the previous system you could often not keep your doctor as doctors changed what they would accept or your employer would change medical plans. So doctor changes are just a fact of life. I think he was speaking off the cuff and yes, it was totally wrong.

It's also wrong to state a one size fits all figure when by design, the plan goes by income. I'd have to research more what the thinking behind that comment is. Did he specifically say that ALL people would save $2500 a year?

07-15-2014 11:57 AM
    I don't think the keep your doctor was an intentional lie. Just someone completely misinformed. As soon as he said that I knew it was wrong. Even in the previous system you could often not keep your doctor as doctors changed what they would accept or your employer would change medical plans. So doctor changes are just a fact of life. I think he was speaking off the cuff and yes, it was totally wrong.

It's also wrong to state a one size fits all figure when by design, the plan goes by income. I'd have to research more what the thinking behind that comment is. Did he specifically say that ALL people would save $2500 a year?

ALL of the campaigning Democrats repeated that same "misinformation" about keeping doctors and plans.
    07-15-2014 12:26 PM
1,900 ... 747576