03-02-2013 07:51 PM
44 12
tools
    Well you obviously feel strongly about it, nothing wrong with that. It's ties to politics make it a touchy subject.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Kevin is absolutely correct when he stated this is not a political issue. It shouldn't even be an issue at all, CPO Kyle had a funeral procession over 200 miles long so he has respect from his fellow servicemen, women, and veterans. The only people not showing him respect are people that have no clue what duty, honor, and sacrifice mean. Add to that the politicians, including the governor of Texas, and the president.
    02-15-2013 11:40 AM
    This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism on command, senseless violence and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism. - Albert Einstein

RonPaul: He Who Lives By The Sword Dies By The Sword

Chris Kyle's life should be celebrated, indeed, though without hero worship draped in false patriotism. His death should be acknowledged for what it was. An unacceptable tragedy.
    02-15-2013 11:42 AM
    Honestly, when I decided to create this thread I had hoped it was an issue that we all could get behind. Ensuring that the family of a man who had given so much to this country was shown that his sacrifice did not go unnoticed, or unappreciated. Once this thread had accomplished that "common ground" then I figured it might spill over to other discussions in the political area.
    02-15-2013 11:45 AM
    Kevin is absolutely correct when he stated this is not a political issue. It shouldn't even be an issue at all, CPO Kyle had a funeral procession over 200 miles long so he has respect from his fellow servicemen, women, and veterans. The only people not showing him respect are people that have no clue what duty, honor, and sacrifice mean. Add to that the politicians, including the governor of Texas, and the president.
    That makes it political. But you're right it shouldn't be an issue.

02-15-2013 11:50 AM
    Yeah I have to say I think you are right about that. It shouldn't be a political issue. Chris Kyle was an honorable soldier who was tragically murdered, and his service to the nation should be respected.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    02-15-2013 12:05 PM
    Yeah I have to say I think you are right about that. It shouldn't be a political issue. Chris Kyle was an honorable soldier who was tragically murdered, and his service to the nation should be respected.

Did they ever find out why the guy did it?

02-15-2013 12:07 PM
    Did they ever find out why the guy did it?

He said that he "traded his soul for a new truck" - suggesting he killed Kyle for his truck.

Really sad stuff. More details here:
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ed_116995.html

Live2ride883 likes this.
    02-15-2013 12:27 PM
    He said that he "traded his soul for a new truck" - suggesting he killed Kyle for his truck.

He Shot 160... and Died Because He Cared | RealClearPolitics

Thank you for the link.
    02-15-2013 12:37 PM

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ed_116995.html

Considering the cops caught him speeding away in chris's truck that sounds legit.

Live2ride883 likes this.
    02-15-2013 01:01 PM
    This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism on command, senseless violence and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism. - Albert Einstein

Chris Kyle's life should be celebrated, indeed, though without hero worship draped in false patriotism. His death should be acknowledged for what it was. An unacceptable tragedy.
    ----------------------

His memory deserves better than this.
    02-16-2013 11:46 PM

His memory deserves better than this.
    Better than what, specifically? Dispassionate objectivity?
    02-17-2013 07:34 AM
    Today is the day we are supposed to have our flags at half mast for Chris, although not and official observance it's been the date suggested. So far I have had 2 neighbors come over and ask me why mine is at half mast, once I explained what it was for they both went home and lowered theirs.
    03-02-2013 10:58 AM
    Better than what, specifically? Dispassionate objectivity?
    Better than the automatic disrespect you show everyone that has a different opinion than yours.
    03-02-2013 10:59 AM
    Better than the automatic disrespect you show everyone that has a different opinion than yours.
    That is simply wrong of you to say. Or are you referring to the response you receive to such thread title lies as "Obama's Forged Docs", "Obama DIRECTLY funds HAMAS", "SHOULD Obama be Impeached?" and supporting these threads with extremist and errant blogs? I would think a thread like this one would be the last place you would want to start trashing others.
    03-02-2013 11:06 AM
    That is simply wrong of you to say. Or are you referring to the response you receive to such thread title lies as "Obama's Forged Docs", "Obama DIRECTLY funds HAMAS", "SHOULD Obama be Impeached?" and supporting these threads with extremist and errant blogs? I would think a thread like this one would be the last place you would want to start trashing others.
    Actually I'd consider it pretty correct of him to say that.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    03-02-2013 12:12 PM
    Actually I'd consider it pretty correct of him to say that.
    Should I be in shock given the unbridled partisanship present which warps sound judgment?
    03-02-2013 12:32 PM
    Should I be in shock given the unbridled partisanship present which warps sound judgment?
    lol Not even close.
    03-02-2013 06:10 PM
    I thought live2ride's post #35 was well written and respectful. And surprising, but not because it WAS respectful, but because it was so neutral.

Good play, sir.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    03-02-2013 07:34 PM
    How can you not agree with the military that's not the problem we are told to jump by your elected officials not the other way around. You guys are pointing fingers at the wrong establishment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Please stop. It is not US vs THEM. Our elected officials are your elected officials.
    What ever happened to "I don't agree with what you said, but I defend your right to say it"?

So much recent talk about the 2nd amendment that perhaps we have
    all lost sight of the 1st.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    03-02-2013 07:51 PM
44 12