03-27-2013 07:34 PM
37 12
tools
    Regardless of how the zombie or any other type of apocalypse begins, I am as prepared as I need to be for about the first 6-8 months we should be fine.
    It is going to be people like you who are going to survive. So long as you can make it past the first wave, and then manage to not get killed by one of your own, or some rival group, you'll make it. Food will be your long term problem. It would turn into a kind of Walking Dead scenario. You might be Rick.
    03-27-2013 02:57 PM
    I'm pretty set. I'm still in high school and my family owns many guns and canned food for us for a year or two. My dad does shooting tournaments and my mom's a doctor. The new house we're moving to (hopefully before I go to college) is in the middle of nowhere is self sufficient and has a well so the zombie apocalypse doesn't scare me that much, I could probably survive for a while as I am a good shot.

PS
    Did you guys hear about the deadly Venezuela virus they were testing was lost?

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
    jdbii likes this.
    03-27-2013 03:11 PM
    I could probably survive for a while as I am a good shot.
    You have an awesome family. You're set. I'd be a goner in a week.

Did you guys hear about the deadly Venezuela virus they were testing was lost?
    No.
    03-27-2013 03:59 PM
    That's what team trucks are for.
    03-27-2013 04:12 PM
    You have an awesome family. You're set. I'd be a goner in a week.

No.
    Dude it scared the crap outta me.

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
    03-27-2013 04:44 PM
    It is going to be people like you who are going to survive. So long as you can make it past the first wave, and then manage to not get killed by one of your own, or some rival group, you'll make it. Food will be your long term problem. It would turn into a kind of Walking Dead scenario. You might be Rick.

Darn and here I wanted to be Daryl... Unless my version of Rick gets to ride a 97 Softail Custom.
    03-27-2013 05:40 PM
    Darn and here I wanted to be Daryl... Unless my version of Rick gets to ride a 97 Softail Custom.
    Everybody wants to be Daryl, he by far is the coolest cat in the show. The only partial leg up any other character has over Daryl is Glen for obvious reasons. Actually, my first thought was to say Daryl instead of Rick for you, but your avatar is a gun and Daryl's weapon of choice is a crossbow. But I failed to make the connection with your forum-name. If I had, I would have said Daryl. But even so, Daryl's a follow so it is kind of a toss-up.
    03-27-2013 06:03 PM
    Alcatraz would get overrun by the non-infected fleeing for safety. Only the most BA ruthless kingpen who had minions of thugs with guns would manage to survive on that Rock, but even then they would starve and run out of food. Of course if the zombies could swim or walk underwater, they'd all die anyway.

But I do think remote islands, would be the only place where humanity might survive. They'd be the only place where the non-infected could win and stay ahead of any infected who managed to get to the island. Unless the Zombies could march across the ocean floor. The only other place might be high altitude mountain ranges. Unless Zombies don't get cold.

BTW on the SyFy channel they just showed Zombie Apocalypse (TV 2011) -- I don't think that is the same ZA movie that you guys/gals are talking about in this thread, but I thought it was pretty good. The Zombies didn't have all that much make-up on since it was a low-budget flick, but it was kind of interesting to see a different kind of Zombie.
    With ferries you'd be able to forge for food and being so close to angel island which in return be used to produce vegetables and animals. I actually believe the survivability would be high. As long as you have a group of people who are willing to unite. Even thugs with guns have to come into terms of their own humanity.

Rooted: Tmo GS3: PacMan ROM : 4.2.2
    03-27-2013 06:07 PM
    With ferries you'd be able to forge for food and being so close to angel island which in return be used to produce vegetables and animals. I actually believe the survivability would be high. As long as you have a group of people who are willing to unite. Even thugs with guns have to come into terms of their own humanity.
    I think it would be a bloodbath. Alcatraz is too close to shore and tens of thousands of survivors would overrun the place. Dirty Harry might be able to hold it.

Maybe the military could defend Angel Island. I think the Bay Area would likely be designated a safe zone, and survivors would cluster there, and the military would try and defend it, but food would run out quickly. (San Jose and Palo Alto won't last a day. The techies and the Cardinal softies will be the first to go ). Once the Zombies overran, I don't think there' would be any food left over to forage for.

A more likely scenario would be Catalina island or Channel Island National Park down south. Those places aren't accessible, and won't be deluged with survivors. You need boats to get there and Zombies aren't particularly savvy when it comes to mingling incognito, so they'd be discovered en route or easily disposed of upon arrival.
    geekymcfly likes this.
    03-27-2013 06:41 PM
    I think it would be a bloodbath. Alcatraz is too close to shore and tens of thousands of survivors would overrun the place. Dirty Harry might be able to hold it.

Maybe the military could defend Angel Island. I think the Bay Area would likely be designated a safe zone, and survivors would cluster there, and the military would try and defend it, but food would run out quickly. (San Jose and Palo Alto won't last a day. The techies and the Cardinal softies will be the first to go ). Once the Zombies overran, I don't think there' would be any food left over to forage for.

A more likely scenario would be Catalina island or Channel Island National Park down south. Those places aren't accessible, and won't be deluged with survivors. You need boats to get there and Zombies aren't particularly savvy when it comes to mingling incognito, so they'd be discovered en route or easily disposed of upon arrival.
    Lol

Rooted: Tmo GS3: PacMan ROM : 4.2.2
    03-27-2013 07:25 PM
    Would do the same. I with about 79,000 pounds pushing behind it. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    03-27-2013 07:32 PM
    Would do the same.With about 79,000 pounds pushing behind it. (HAZMAT) recommended

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    03-27-2013 07:34 PM
37 12