Message to Congress:

Not going to argue about the defense budget on one condition: GO GET OUR POWs.

You have the tech to know if a lizard farts in Iran, but can't find our soldiers? Their camo isn't that good buddy. If you need help get Prince Humperdink. He can track a falcon on a cloudy day.

You want a $8,000,000,000,000,000,000.00 budget that we can't afford? Done, get these guys out and you'll never hear another word about it.

If it's a matter of money; it's yours. If it's a matter of competence; you don't need the money you already have. Honestly, what the heck are all of these jets and cameras and satellites (and whatever else on which you're binge spending) for?

Thanks!
    We'll expect them around supper time, yes?
    03-29-2013 01:47 AM
    Princesses Bride FTW.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-29-2013 09:54 AM
    I guess I'm just not understanding what the issue is. Politicians say, "our greatest resource" talking about our soldiers all the time, but leave them to be blown up for no reason, leave them imprisoned, refuse to provide adequate care for vets when they return home... abuse and abandonment are not how I treat my most valuable resource. ****, I wouldn't treat a dog like that.
    jdbii likes this.
    03-29-2013 06:31 PM
    I guess I'm just not understanding what the issue is. Politicians say, "our greatest resource" talking about our soldiers all the time, but leave them to be blown up for no reason, leave them imprisoned, refuse to provide adequate care for vets when they return home... abuse and abandonment are not how I treat my most valuable resource. ****, I wouldn't treat a dog like that.
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks that way.
    jdbii and Aquila like this.
    03-29-2013 08:01 PM
    I get that it was more difficult to recover POW's 50 years ago.. but how have technology and our tactical training not improved the odds by now? Why are we willing to go guns blazing to recover oil, but not our people? I know it's not as easy or simple as, "just go in"... but it's pretty damned close to that simple.
    03-30-2013 06:51 PM
    No service member should ever be left to rot -- or simply abandoned -- in a foreign land, under any circumstances. Period. Any politician or group of politicians who does that should be tried as accomplices to war crimes or accomplices to enemy combatants and therefore for treason.

That being said, I'm simply not going to go along with the extortion of trillions of dollars to get GIs back. That is the American people being blackmailed, and our soldiers ransomed.
    03-31-2013 05:51 PM