05-25-2013 09:04 AM
38 12
tools
    I know there is another thread on the NK, but what is your idea's to defuse the situation? is it a war for bankers? empty threats like his father & grand father?
    My view is place trade embargo's, cut off his aid - his obviously had a bit of it himself , or too much candy when studying outside NK. Allow China to be the main pressure point and if we need a new dictator... they can have Gillard (aus prime minister) no one really likes her here - but the opposite is worse so maybe him aswell.
    Discuss.
    04-05-2013 07:29 AM
    It may be a desperation gambit for him to get the situation resolved. Who knows.

Personally, I hope they both launch missiles (which we can totally shoot down) and deploy troops. That will enable "us" to legitimately settle this stupid situation once and for all.
    04-05-2013 10:52 AM
    Maybe do what we did to Saddam's regime. Shock and Awe.

Sent from Curiosity on Mars.
    04-05-2013 12:48 PM
    Anybody get the feeling that all the recent hubris might have some correlation with Dennis Rodman's circus visit? I think potentially he lost credibility with the generals and now he is trying to shore up power at home by drumming up hysteria about foreign enemies. After all he was under 30, untested, and looked like a teenage buffoon when he assumed power.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    04-05-2013 03:33 PM
    But Jdbii are we forgetting he was "voted" most likely to succeed in high school
    jdbii likes this.
    04-05-2013 07:15 PM
    Not sure the best course of action, but I'm enjoying all the meme pics about this. Especially the ones about them winning a coin toss and electing to "receive". Our bombs, that is.
    04-05-2013 11:59 PM
    It is quite humorous, someone needs to call bluff though because his father and grand father apparently did the same scares prior.
    04-06-2013 04:25 AM
    It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt.
    Tall Mike 2145 and msndrstood like this.
    04-06-2013 08:12 AM
    It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt.
    Yes, palandri, you are absolutely correct. However, NK is bringing this on themselves. It's not often that I find myself agreeing with MacArthur, but this is one of those times when I believe he was correct about taking out their government. If those idiots could be gotten rid of and the peoples of NK and SK could come together without interference, I believe in the long run that would be the most beneficial thing for everyone. At least on some level it would probably make China happy because they wouldn't have this bellicose neighbor that they have to keep an eye on all the time.

There was an American lady (older, probably 70s or 80s if I had to guess) who was a caller into BBC Radio's World Have Your Say and she was commenting on how Kim Jong Un is kind of like a toddler or young child having a temper tantrum, and simply giving into him is the wrong thing to do. You don't just cave, you have to hold the line or sometimes punish. It is what it is, and I think it's extremely unfortunate that nothing has been done up to this point to truly deal with the mindless stupidity of the last 60+ years.
    palandri likes this.
    04-06-2013 10:04 AM
    I would hope for a bit more nuance and suggest it is more like a toddler having a temper tantrum with his finger on the nuclear trigger. You don't want to appease the likes of Hitler circa 1938, but this is more like Hitler armed with atomic weapons in the Berlin bunker 1945. I think the person who has the most leverage with an ill-behaved toddler is its mother, which in the case of North Korea, is China.
    04-06-2013 11:43 AM
    More like a less mature stewie griffin! Agreed China has to take control of "it"

- - - Updated - - -

More like a less mature stewie griffin! Agreed China has to take control of "it"
    04-06-2013 05:47 PM
    And maybe referring to Kim Jong Un as "Fat Boy" is offensive to some, the rest of us realize it's at least as appropriate as anything else we might call that goofball.

Take him seriously as a leader? Ha! I don't think so.
    04-08-2013 12:29 PM
    Maybe do what we did to Saddam's regime. Shock and Awe.

Sent from Curiosity on Mars.
    Not another war.
    jdbii and msndrstood like this.
    04-09-2013 10:16 PM
    Nobody needs to "shock and awe" NK, and in any event it wouldn't work because it's almost certainly what they've been training and preparing for over the last 60+ years. Let them launch their missiles; we get to shoot those down. And then, when they decide to run their troops across the border, we take them out via aerial and ground fire, and then go take out Pyongyang.

Total Mission Elapsed Time: Couple Days, tops.
    04-09-2013 11:16 PM
    Shooting down nukes might not be the best idea... Maybe if it was the ocean but there might be a bit of a disaster there. I reckon crash their servers so they cannot even enable a strike.

msndrstood likes this.
    04-09-2013 11:35 PM
    Shooting down nukes might not be the best idea... Maybe if it was the ocean but there might be a bit of a disaster there. I reckon crash their servers so they cannot even enable a strike.

We should deal with them the same way you deal with any child misbehaving in this manner... "Yes, yes, you're very brave. Now go finish your chores and play quietly in the corner; the adults are talking".
    04-10-2013 11:49 PM
    We should deal with them the same way you deal with any child misbehaving in this manner... "Yes, yes, you're very brave. Now go finish your chores and play quietly in the corner; the adults are talking".
    That's what I'm thinking.
    04-11-2013 11:06 PM
    I'm still confused as to why the Gangnam Style guy wants to launch a nuclear attack on us here in the States....

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums
    04-11-2013 11:12 PM
    I'm still confused as to why the Gangnam Style guy wants to launch a nuclear attack on us here in the States....

Because Fox News made fun of him and made him sad . And he needs a snickers.
    04-11-2013 11:15 PM
    Attached Thumbnails Run Fat Boy Run-funny-kim-jong-un-psy-meme-264x316.jpg  
    04-11-2013 11:16 PM
    Because Fox News made fun of him and made him sad . And he needs a snickers.
    If he gets a Snickers and turns into David Hasselhof, I'll never eat a candy bar or watch Baywatch again!

04-11-2013 11:18 PM
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."
    - Japanese admiral

Looks like NK( even after seeing the US army in destruction mode) will commit the same mistake as Japan. I want them to attempt to attack America because then the citizens may be able to actually live a better life(when the US army destroys Kim's little dictatorship) and we can just have one Koreakorea none of the NK, SK bs.
    04-11-2013 11:52 PM
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."
    - Japanese admiral

Looks like NK( even after seeing the US army in destruction mode) will commit the same mistake as Japan. I want them to attempt to attack America because then the citizens may be able to actually live a better life(when the US army destroys Kim's little dictatorship) and we can just have one Koreakorea none of the NK, SK bs.
    I know a lot of my friends from South Korea are very much in favor of reunification. I really don't want to go to war again but it seems like even China is getting ready to swing the "simmer down" stick at KJU.
    geekymcfly likes this.
    04-12-2013 12:07 AM
    Sorry to blow up the US pride bubble, I have a good feeling their not necessary the military strength of the world.
    Yes they might have the most tanks/largest budget, but I think If it went all out on a 1v1 china or russia could put up an excellent battle.
    04-12-2013 03:49 AM
    Sorry to blow up the US pride bubble, I have a good feeling their not necessary the military strength of the world.
    Yes they might have the most tanks/largest budget, but I think If it went all out on a 1v1 china or russia could put up an excellent battle.
    I agree it'd be silly for us to want to fight either one of them, not only because it's no winnable for either side, but the damage to trade and thus the global economy would be devastating to the whole world. Where is that coming from? China seems to be growing more comfortable with the idea that NK needs to calm down and they're advocating loudly for a peaceful solution.
    04-12-2013 05:19 AM
38 12