05-29-2013 09:41 AM
48 12
tools
    Does anyone here think that with the millions and billions and trillions of planets in the universe, that aliens (or some other intelligent creatures) are not possible?

Is Earth really it? Are we that closed-minded to think so?

Come one, come all, hop on the Lllllllama Bandwagon! FREE POPCORN!!! You'll need it! (bring your own shampoo)
    05-24-2013 06:52 PM
    Does anyone here think that with the millions and billions and trillions of planets in the universe, that aliens (or some other intelligent creatures) are not possible?

Is Earth really it? Are we that closed-minded to think so?

Come one, come all, hop on the Lllllllama Bandwagon! FREE POPCORN!!! You'll need it! (bring your own shampoo)
    From a pure stats perspective, the smallest chance we can imagine is nearly certain to happen, and that's before factoring in the many worlds theory.
    05-24-2013 06:59 PM
    Apparently fighter pilots were launched at the time of 9/11 when they then an impact was imminent just in case there were other planes. One of the fighter pilots asked whether this was training run or a serious attack. One creative person heard this recording and claimed that its a sign that they had rehearsed the 9/11 attack response before and it was a government set up. I doubt this theory.
    There were two separate sets of drills going on the same day that included the twin towers scenario as a possibility. That scenario has been used regularly since 1977 (I don't have the exact info with me, still at work, I might be a year or two off). One of the issues that made tracking the aircraft difficult was that there were false electronic ones programmed to show up on radar, etc. for the pilots and ground operatives to interact with. The conspiracy theory here isn't about the existence of the drills, that part is conspiracy fact. The theory is about whether or not the planners of the attack knew about the drills or if it was coincidence, and if they did know about them, how did they find out?
    There's always some exercise going on at Joint Base Andrews. What I find weird was the fact that there was an E-4 NEACP on its way to Andrews before the attacks happened. It's highly unlikely that they were part of the drill, so was someone going somewhere or coming back from somewhere? Was it a routine cross country flight? Is it a coincidence too, or not?
    As for using civilian landmarks as targets for training exercises, that's not uncommon. A relative who's an F-15 pilot tells about using bridges and the like to practice strafing runs on, minus the actual ammo of course. I'm guessing to keep proficient in air to ground tactics? My cousin who's aircrew on the AC-130'S said they do basically the same thing. I'm guessing that the drills were scheduled for 9/11 was just a coincidence. I don't think the dates are classified, but they're not broadcasted on the news either.
    05-25-2013 12:31 AM
    There's always some exercise going on at Joint Base Andrews. What I find weird was the fact that there was an E-4 NEACP on its way to Andrews before the attacks happened. It's highly unlikely that they were part of the drill, so was someone going somewhere or coming back from somewhere? Was it a routine cross country flight? Is it a coincidence too, or not?
    As for using civilian landmarks as targets for training exercises, that's not uncommon. A relative who's an F-15 pilot tells about using bridges and the like to practice strafing runs on, minus the actual ammo of course. I'm guessing to keep proficient in air to ground tactics? My cousin who's aircrew on the AC-130'S said they do basically the same thing. I'm guessing that the drills were scheduled for 9/11 was just a coincidence. I don't think the dates are classified, but they're not broadcasted on the news either.
    This theory also gets fed more kindling because of all of the TV shows that mentioned striking those towers with an aircraft prior to the events, like The Lone Gunmen's pilot episode, etc.
    05-25-2013 12:34 AM
    At one time many of the experiments were considered conspiracy theories, and or the government tried to deny they ever happened. After years of pressure and the passage of time the truth finally came out.

So is it really paranoia to be concerned about what our government may be up to without our knowledge or consent today?

The 13 Most Evil U.S. Government Experiments on Humans (Page 2)
    That stuff is crazy. Wow!
    05-25-2013 12:36 AM
    This theory also gets fed more kindling because of all of the TV shows that mentioned striking those towers with an aircraft prior to the events, like The Lone Gunmen's pilot episode, etc.
    Interesting. Perhaps the Islamic Terrorists got their idea from that? Probably not.
    05-25-2013 12:39 AM
    Interesting. Perhaps the Islamic Terrorists got their idea from that? Probably not.
    Nah, it'd be more likely they got it from the highly public scenarios we started discussing in the 70's. We gave them their weapons and taught them tactics when they were helping us in the 80's; that's almost what stings the most. Those morons never would have had any power without our help and to attack civilians is insanity. War is insane... but wow; so much for honor, right? The US & UN weren't innocent, but as far as I can tell, not a single victim of 9/11 "had it coming".
    05-25-2013 12:46 AM
    This is just one link of many if you Google it, but a friend passed this on to me a while back. Very interesting stuff http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Denver_...spiracy_theory

Sent from my Nexus 4
    05-25-2013 01:12 AM
    This is just one link of many if you Google it, but a friend passed this on to me a while back. Very interesting stuff http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Denver_...spiracy_theory

Sent from my Nexus 4
    That's some really interesting tidbits. Thank you.

05-25-2013 04:13 AM
    That's some really interesting tidbits. Thank you.

It's a very odd thing. Especially some of the artwork in the airport and the horse statue.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    05-25-2013 11:18 AM
    Nah, it'd be more likely they got it from the highly public scenarios we started discussing in the 70's. We gave them their weapons and taught them tactics when they were helping us in the 80's; that's almost what stings the most. Those morons never would have had any power without our help and to attack civilians is insanity. War is insane... but wow; so much for honor, right? The US & UN weren't innocent, but as far as I can tell, not a single victim of 9/11 "had it coming".
    I swear, we should just stop giving training and weapons to foreign countries. We give the Taliban training and weapons, and look at what they do! I can't believe Osama bin Laden actually had the balls to still wear the field jacket. Didn't we support Saddam Hussein during the Iran Iraq War too?
    Aquila likes this.
    05-25-2013 10:11 PM
    I swear, we should just stop giving training and weapons to foreign countries. We give the Taliban training and weapons, and look at what they do! I can't believe Osama bin Laden actually had the balls to still wear the field jacket. Didn't we support Saddam Hussein during the Iran Iraq War too?
    It's almost like if we're going to exercise our influence on the other side of the planet, it should be done through education instead of through blood... help end the ignorance and poverty that cause people to cling to baser instinctual defenses, such as gangs, oppression and the degradation of freedom.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-25-2013 10:15 PM
    It's almost like if we're going to exercise our influence on the other side of the planet, it should be done through education instead of through blood... help end the ignorance and poverty that cause people to cling to baser instinctual defenses, such as gangs, oppression and the degradation of freedom.
    Well said.
    05-27-2013 10:04 PM
    Well said.
    This seems like the best thread for my JFK rant.... but I haven't worked up the energy.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-28-2013 03:32 AM
    This seems like the best thread for my JFK rant.... but I haven't worked up the energy.
    Standing by.... :thumbup:

Come one, come all, hop on the Lllllllama Bandwagon! FREE POPCORN!!! You'll need it! (bring your own Babycakes)
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-28-2013 03:52 AM
    Okay, going to take JFK on in as short as possible with option to expand later.

I've read the entire Warren Commission report, including all of the appendices. I've also read dozens of books on the subject, of which I would say by far the best is Crossfire, by Jim Marrs.

To me there is no question as to whether or not JFK was murdered as the result of a conspiracy AND that there was an effort at a governmental level to cover up many facts related to the crime. According to Gallup polls, 81% of Americans believe there was a conspiracy, with 13% believing Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. That 81% has steadily increased over the years and will continue to increase.

The actual questions are:
    1. Why?
    Was it because he started printing US Dollars and threatened to shut down the concept of buying our money on credit from private banks?
    Was it because he issued an executive order to end our presence in Viet Nam?
    Was it because he publicly reamed the CIA and "defense" industry over Cuba and Russia activities, after he had previously taken responsibility for their actions?
    There are literally hundreds of possible reasons, perhaps best narrowed down by addressing the next question.
    2. Who?
    Who had the power to set it up? This is multi-part. Obviously anyone can buy a gun and aim it at someone; that's not the question. Who had the ability to circumvent the normal security procedures?
    How many shooters were there? Was Oswald one of them? The majority of evidence presented by independent researchers suggest that Oswald may not have fired at all; however it is almost universally accepted that there are at least three separate locations where shots were fired from.
    Who had the power to cover it up? There are dozens of issues with missing evidence, missing or forged testimony and witnesses who were outright ignored. Were they ignored because they're not credible or because their testimony contradicted the already agreed upon foregone conclusion of the investigation?
    3. Who in the hell is Lee Harvey Oswald?
    This guy has one of the most interesting biographies of anyone in the era. To summarize, here are some "highlights" of his story:
    A. He illegally joined the marines, lying about his age, however was not discharged when discovered.
    B. While in the service, he was outspoken about his "communist" allegiance. He also took a Russian Language exam, failing it by only getting two more Russian words correct than incorrect. Despite his failure on this test, we're told that when he defected to Russia at the end of that year (1959) he spoke Russian fluently, being mistaken as a native by his soon to be wife, Marina (the niece of a highly connected lieutenant colonel in the Soviet intelligence agency). Despite lying about his age and his outspoken communist leanings, he was stationed in a top secret base in Atsugi. Shortly after his wedding, he was brought back to the US on a loan from the state department, which was granted based on the grounds that his defection was technically not valid because of what day of the week he submitted his letter declaring his allegiance to the USSR.
    C. He was involved in both pro and anti Castro movements in New Orleans and was observed to be traveling in both Mexico and Cuba in the months leading up to the assassination. His activities have been assumed to be due to his ties and employment as military intelligence, including documentation that he worked as an FBI informant in the summer of 1963.
    Lee Harvey Oswald comes off as a strange mix of James Bond and a Scooby Doo villain, depending on what they want you to believe he was doing on any given day. We're to believe he lived this impossible life, only to be foiled by panicking at the last second, ending a string of incompetent notations in his story.

Going to break on this for now, but this barely touches the issue.

John F. Kennedy assassination conspiracy theories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia has some highlights.

Of special interest is the magic bullet theory, which is worth mentioning. This theory stems from 1. The assumption that there could only be 3 shots (4 minutes after the shooting, the first reports said, "DALLAS NOV. 22 (UPI) -- THREE SHOTS WERE FIRED AT PRESIDENT KENNEDYS MOTORCADE TODAY IN DOWNTOWN DALLAS." 2. One of the bullets missed the limo entirely 3. One bullet was clearly the fatal head shot 4. Because of 1 through 3, obviously all other wounds were caused by 1 bullet.

This bullet changes altitude and direction, including one direction change whilst in mid air, approximately 7 times.

The Warren Commission's "single bullet," according to all documentation:

• had no thread striations (fine lines etched onto a copper encased bullet tip and/or bullet side casing by clothing threads when the bullet first penetrates clothing threads),

• was marked with no blood,

• was marked with no human tissue,

• had no pieces of clothing attached,

• had lost 1.5% of its original average weight,

• had a composition that was consistent with the composition of the metal fragments recovered from Connally
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-28-2013 06:13 AM
    Okay, going to take JFK on in as short as possible...
    heh

Come one, come all, hop on the Lllllllama Bandwagon! FREE POPCORN!!! You'll need it! (bring your own Babycakes)
    Aquila likes this.
    05-28-2013 06:42 AM
    Didn't they finally figure out that Oswald didn't fire the kill shot?
    05-28-2013 09:11 AM
    Honestly, if someone is going to do a JFK thread on anything from his military service, the Cuban missile crisis, and all the way up to his assassination and the Warren commission it should be its own thread.
    Aquila and badbrad17 like this.
    05-29-2013 02:10 AM
    Honestly, if someone is going to do a JFK thread on anything from his military service, the Cuban missile crisis, and all the way up to his assassination and the Warren commission it should be its own thread.
    I was thinking the same thing when I cut off that post... but it's actually more like it should be it's own 4 volume set of books lol. There is just too much weird about JFK , you almost have to start with his family and go nearly a decade past the assassination into legacy to get the whole story out. The magic bullet theory by itself is almost a thread.
    05-29-2013 02:16 AM
    I was thinking the same thing when I cut off that post... but it's actually more like it should be it's own 4 volume set of books lol. There is just too much weird about JFK , you almost have to start with his family and go nearly a decade past the assassination into legacy to get the whole story out. The magic bullet theory by itself is almost a thread.
    How about you copy your original post, and delete it from this thread then expand on it and start a new thread. This may need some authorization from mods as well.

But on a side note, my dad was a photographer in the Air Force during Kennedy's Presidency, and when I was in junior high school there was no official record that I was aware of, that stated JFK had visited the Los Alamos, or the Alamagordo test site. I was writing a report on JFK for school and my dad loaned me pictures of President Kennedy standing next to the signs at both sites. I have to believe the pictures are authentic since they came from my dad, and it was way before Photoshop. I wish I still had them.

I think a better starting point would be his dad and his brother Joe (I think), and how he was being groomed for Presidency before he died. And I think we would also have to include Bobby Kennedy in this as well.

Johnson did it, planned it or was at least strongly involved in it.
    05-29-2013 03:54 AM
    LOL I Know! This guy makes it pretty much impossible to view that show an anything other than silly entertainment.
    05-29-2013 09:37 AM
    Whoa, slow down! It's the exploitation of the developing countries that allows me to live my life of indolence and excess thank you very much!!
    05-29-2013 09:41 AM
48 12