06-07-2013 07:54 PM
72 123
tools
    Your assertion with that "Obama won both" at the end of all that, is that Obama won the White House fraudulently. It amazes me how some people will go to any lengths to discredit him simply because they don't like him, or he's not their party. Everything from education records (which are not a preresquite) to questions on his birth, to now this crap. Anything to discredit him. Such desperation. I never liked either of the Bushes, but not once did I ever disrespect their Presidency in this way. Romney did not win the last election because he was a flawed canidate with too much baggage, too unrelatable and too many gaffes. Not some secret election fraud plot.

My dislike for this president is well known and documented here, but that is due to his policies and politics. I think he should have resigned (still should) over Benghazi alone. Under Reagan when Libyans killed Americans we bombed them. Now let's look at Fast and Furious which pretty much handed guns to Mexican drug cartels. Guns that were then used to kill border patrol agent Brian Terry and let's not forget several hundred Mexican citizens. I believe Eric Holder was held in contempt of congress for refusing to hand over documents in this one. IRS targeting Tea party and conservative groups, and DOJ going after personal phone records and emails of a Fox reporter and the phone calls of AP reporters. Can you believe that he (Obama) knew nothing about any of this.

Where was Obama on 9-11-12? We don't know because they won't tell us, but I know where he was on 9-12-12 he was in Las Vegas at a fund raiser with Jay-z and Beyonce.

At least Nixon had the decency and enough personal respect for this country to resign. Nobody died in Watergate.
    05-31-2013 01:13 AM
    Quoting Live2ride883 but this is directed to everyone....

My dislike for this president is well known and documented here, but that is due to his policies and politics.
    Do you think it would be any different if Ohio swung the other way? What if Romney was president, would anything be different? I think you're giving the President too much credit in two ways:
    1. The President is not given many real powers. He doesn't have day to day tactical control over the entire government, but he does need to take responsibility for any lawful actions taken by agents of the government. He should also press the government to hold those who take illegal actions accountable.
    2. Former Governor Romney and President Obama work for the exact same pockets. That's the reason they're who the choice was between. I've detailed this out and it's 98% of the reason that we need to get money out of politics. I believe 99% of their decisions would have been identical in reality, spun differently by the "parties" and perceived as opposites by the public, based on how the "media" fed it to them.

At least Nixon had the decency and enough personal respect for this country to resign. Nobody died in Watergate.
    There are obvious reasons we could ask and expect every President to step down. The first, is that before they're even elected, they all betray the Oath they're about to take. You can tell which candidates are corrupt... they're invited to debates on national news.

I'm really not trying to be argumentative or difficult with this one, so please don't take it that way. I honestly do not see any difference between the "parties" and I'm wondering if you do.
    05-31-2013 01:24 AM
    Quoting Live2ride883 but this is directed to everyone....

Do you think it would be any different if Ohio swung the other way? What if Romney was president, would anything be different? I think you're giving the President too much credit in two ways:
    1. The President is not given many real powers. He doesn't have day to day tactical control over the entire government, but he does need to take responsibility for any lawful actions taken by agents of the government. He should also press the government to hold those who take illegal actions accountable.
    2. Former Governor Romney and President Obama work for the exact same pockets. That's the reason they're who the choice was between. I've detailed this out and it's 98% of the reason that we need to get money out of politics. I believe 99% of their decisions would have been identical in reality, spun differently by the "parties" and perceived as opposites by the public, based on how the "media" fed it to them.

There are obvious reasons we could ask and expect every President to step down. The first, is that before they're even elected, they all betray the Oath they're about to take. You can tell which candidates are corrupt... they're invited to debates on national news.

I'm really not trying to be argumentative or difficult with this one, so please don't take it that way. I honestly do not see any difference between the "parties" and I'm wondering if you do.
    I didn't take anything you stated to be argumentative, I don't think anyone is trying to start arguments.

I have always voted for the person I felt was best qualified for the job. This president seems to have a penchant for over stepping those powers.

How different things would be if Romney had won who knows. I do agree that every president has scandals that occur during their term, Reagan had Iran-Contra. But the depth of corruption in this administration is beyond anything I have seen.

H.S. Truman had a sign on his presidents desk in the white house that read "The buck stops here"

Truman: The Buck Stops Here
    05-31-2013 01:48 AM
    I have always voted for the person I felt was best qualified for the job. This president seems to have a penchant for over stepping those powers.

How different things would be if Romney had won who knows. I do agree that every president has scandals that occur during their term, Reagan had Iran-Contra. But the depth of corruption in this administration is beyond anything I have seen.

H.S. Truman had a sign on his presidents desk in the white house that read "The buck stops here"

Truman: The Buck Stops Here
    Honestly, the one thing that worries me most about this administration, is we haven't learned exactly which of his closest friends, etc. are making billions off of the actions of the government. Every other President since Johnson it's been pretty clear.
    05-31-2013 01:50 AM
    My dislike for this president is well known and documented here, but that is due to his policies and politics. I think he should have resigned (still should) over Benghazi alone.
    Well of course you think that...because you dislike him. It's a feeling looking for an excuse. No doubt you had the same feelings before Benghazi ever took place. As for all the other stuff you mentioned, it sounds like typical Republican talking points we've all heard before. I get the impression that God himself could be sitting in the White House and if he had a (D) next to his name he still wouldn't be good enough. People on the right have become irrational. They look at Reagan as some sort of Saint, even though he couldn't even make it through a Republican primary these days. He is praised even though he raised taxes, while Obama is vilified. He is praised even though he had the amnesty program, while Obama is vilified for even suggesting that there should be immigration reform. It's rather ridiculous what the party has become. But at least Michelle Bachmann is stepping down. It's a start. Maybe some sanity can be returned to the party.
    msndrstood likes this.
    05-31-2013 01:59 AM
    I believe voter fraud is more prevalent in elections than most people. I suspect that they do not want to believe the system is corrupted. Even when proof is put in front of them it becomes an isolated event so they don't have to think about it. I hold both parties responsible for voter fraud.

NIT: have you seen/read this article? GOP legally barred from fighting vote fraud
    05-31-2013 02:08 AM
    I believe voter fraud is more prevalent in elections than most people. I suspect that they do not want to believe the system is corrupted. Even when proof is put in front of them it becomes an isolated event so they don't have to think about it. I hold both parties responsible for voter fraud.

NIT: have you seen/read this article? GOP legally barred from fighting vote fraud
    One of the few times I'm willing to call the "parties" even in their abuses of the system... it seems like the blue team wants to get as many people to vote as possible, citizens or not and the red team wants to prevent as many people from voting as possible, eligible or not. Elections should be the most straightforward processes we have. I honestly don't care that much about the integrity of the votes though, because I know the candidates are identical and that a majority of people pick candidates for absolutely foolish reasons. "I like his smile" "He's my color" "She's pretty!" "He's going to save the world!" ... it's all complete and utter nonsense and it's despicable.

As you can tell, right now I'm ready to gtfo.. of this rock. First colony on Mars, I'm in. Sorry I'm not in the place I should be when having these conversations.
    05-31-2013 02:14 AM
    Well of course you think that...because you dislike him. It's a feeling looking for an excuse. No doubt you had the same feelings before Benghazi ever took place. As for all the other stuff you mentioned, it sounds like typical Republican talking points we've all heard before. I get the impression that God himself could be sitting in the White House and if he had a (D) next to his name he still wouldn't be good enough. People on the right have become irrational. They look at Reagan as some sort of Saint, even though he couldn't even make it through a Republican primary these days. He is praised even though he raised taxes, while Obama is vilified. He is praised even though he had the amnesty program, while Obama is vilified for even suggesting that there should be immigration reform. It's rather ridiculous what the party has become. But at least Michelle Bachmann is stepping down. It's a start. Maybe some sanity can be returned to the party.
    Its his politics and policies I dislike.
    05-31-2013 02:14 AM
    But at least Michelle Bachmann is stepping down. It's a start. Maybe some sanity can be returned to the party.
    I would much rather see some sanity returned to our country...
    Aquila likes this.
    05-31-2013 02:31 AM
    I would much rather see some sanity returned to our country...
    I'd like to have both her gone and a sane country... if we can't have both, I would have picked the country over her... but if this is take what you can get, I'll take it.
    05-31-2013 02:39 AM
    One of the few times I'm willing to call the "parties" even in their abuses of the system... it seems like the blue team wants to get as many people to vote as possible, citizens or not and the red team wants to prevent as many people from voting as possible, eligible or not. Elections should be the most straightforward processes we have. I honestly don't care that much about the integrity of the votes though, because I know the candidates are identical and that a majority of people pick candidates for absolutely foolish reasons. "I like his smile" "He's my color" "She's pretty!" "He's going to save the world!" ... it's all complete and utter nonsense and it's despicable.

As you can tell, right now I'm ready to gtfo.. of this rock. First colony on Mars, I'm in. Sorry I'm not in the place I should be when having these conversations.
    I think that is an oversimplification of things. Whereas the right tries to pass laws making it harder to vote, laws that for some strange reason we have done just fine without for 236 years, I know of no one on the left trying to make laws that say anything should go when it comes to elections either. So the eligible or not part just isn't true. There may be some left wing wacko out there that thinks illegal aliens should be voting, but if there is, i've never heard of that person. As a member of the blue team, I not only take exception to that, I find it a little offensive. I don't want people illegally voting. I don't know of any politician that wants that either. Frankly, we don't need that. The anti-gay, anti-women, anti-science, anti-most anything policies those on the right have adopted is what keeps them from winning national elections. Not voter fraud.
    05-31-2013 12:08 PM
    Sure Obama Won Fair and Square; Melowese Richardson is going to Prison to prove it! - *By Capitalist Preservation Contributor Elizabeth **Nelson* * * *Obama makes history with Hamilton County* *Win* 51% over Romneys 46%, but wait, not so ...

Obama makes history with Hamilton County Win 51% over Romneys 46%, but wait, not so fast!
    ---------------------------
    Melowese Richardson is the former Ohio poll worker who blatantly and publically admitted to Cincinnatis (Hamilton County) WCPO-TV in February that she flat-out to voted twice, first by submitting an absentee ballot, and then later voting for the current President Barack Obama at the polls, in November.

Yes I voted twice, Richardson told WCPO. I, after registering thousands and thousands of people, certainly wanted my vote to count, so I voted. I voted at the polls. The Blaze

Well, this week her past caught up to her, and she was found guilty of illegally voting!

Ms. Richardson was accused of eight counts of illegal voting in the 2008, 2011 and 2012 elections. She pleaded no contest to four counts in exchange for prosecutors dropping the remaining charges.

A judge immediately convicted Richardson, who now faces up to six years in prison.
    05-31-2013 05:23 PM
    Sure Obama Won Fair and Square; Melowese Richardson is going to Prison to prove it! - *By Capitalist Preservation Contributor Elizabeth **Nelson* * * *Obama makes history with Hamilton County* *Win* 51% over Romneys 46%, but wait, not so ...

Obama makes history with Hamilton County Win 51% over Romneys 46%, but wait, not so fast!
    ---------------------------
    Melowese Richardson is the former Ohio poll worker who blatantly and publically admitted to Cincinnatis (Hamilton County) WCPO-TV in February that she flat-out to voted twice, first by submitting an absentee ballot, and then later voting for the current President Barack Obama at the polls, in November.

Yes I voted twice, Richardson told WCPO. I, after registering thousands and thousands of people, certainly wanted my vote to count, so I voted. I voted at the polls. The Blaze

Well, this week her past caught up to her, and she was found guilty of illegally voting!

Ms. Richardson was accused of eight counts of illegal voting in the 2008, 2011 and 2012 elections. She pleaded no contest to four counts in exchange for prosecutors dropping the remaining charges.

A judge immediately convicted Richardson, who now faces up to six years in prison.
    So because one person somehow voted twice that gave Obama the win? I didn't realize Obama had won over Romney by only one vote.
    05-31-2013 06:22 PM
    Your assertion with that "Obama won both" at the end of all that, is that Obama won the White House fraudulently. It amazes me how some people will go to any lengths to discredit him simply because they don't like him, or he's not their party. Everything from education records (which are not a preresquite) to questions on his birth, to now this crap. Anything to discredit him. Such desperation. I never liked either of the Bushes, but not once did I ever disrespect their Presidency in this way. Romney did not win the last election because he was a flawed canidate with too much baggage, too unrelatable and too many gaffes. Not some secret election fraud plot.
    Is that how the liberal media is portraying it?
    05-31-2013 08:07 PM
    That just goes to show what Nixon thought of this country, compared to obama. Also, it shows that Republicans are held to a higher standard.
    05-31-2013 08:14 PM
    That just goes to show what Nixon thought of this country, compared to obama. Also, it shows that Republicans are held to a higher standard.
    Personally I think ALL of our elected officials should be help to a higher standard. Than an average citizen, this is why I had such an issue with Bill Clinton and the whole Monica scandal that got him impeached.

For an average citizen I think that what happens between a husband and wife stays there, including if one of them has an affair. But these our people that we have entrusted to represent us not only in our nations capital, but on the world stage as well. Off the top of my head I can only name 3-4 that I would invite to a family dinner.
    05-31-2013 08:50 PM
    Personally I think ALL of our elected officials should be help to a higher standard. Than an average citizen, this is why I had such an issue with Bill Clinton and the whole Monica scandal that got him impeached.

For an average citizen I think that what happens between a husband and wife stays there, including if one of them has an affair. But these our people that we have entrusted to represent us not only in our nations capital, but on the world stage as well. Off the top of my head I can only name 3-4 that I would invite to a family dinner.
    Well said! My issue with the Clinton-Lewinsky Scandal was the fact that Clinton LIED about it. This showed a clear lack of integrity. Yes, Nixon did lie. But Kennedy did too, and nothing happened to him for lying. This clearly shows that Republicans are held to a higher standard than the Democrats. But I do agree with you, all politicians should be held to a higher standard than the average citizen. However, that standard needs to be equal!
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    05-31-2013 09:45 PM
    Is that how the liberal media is portraying it?
    That's how reality is portraying it.

Well said! My issue with the Clinton-Lewinsky Scandal was the fact that Clinton LIED about it. This showed a clear lack of integrity. Yes, Nixon did lie. But Kennedy did too, and nothing happened to him for lying. This clearly shows that Republicans are held to a higher standard than the Democrats. But I do agree with you, all politicians should be held to a higher standard than the average citizen. However, that standard needs to be equal!
    It's Republicans themselves who bring about this higher standard thing. It's a standard of their own making. Because they are usually the ones condemning democrats as being cheaters, ungodly, or whatever and wrap themselves in bible and flag. So when the self righteous prove that they can't live up to their own standard, it calls more attention to it. But let's face it...all politicians lie. None of them are saints. So they should stop acting like they are. I think that is what upsets people...the lying and the hypocrisy. Look at Michelle Bachmann for example. She portrays herself as a good Christian woman...against the gays, for the children, etc. etc. but then goes on to make up lies about the President in every way possible. When she gets called out on things, she deflects as she literally runs away from reporters in the halls of congress. It's disingenuous.
    msndrstood likes this.
    06-01-2013 02:22 PM
    I think that is what upsets people...the lying and the hypocrisy.
    Um.. yes. These fools are our employees and they're about and insubordinate as you can get. I don't understand why we haven't fired every single one of them. If insubordination isn't enough, lets try conflict of interest, lying on the application and/or misuse of company resources. Every single one.
    msndrstood and GadgetGator like this.
    06-01-2013 02:49 PM
    That's how reality is portraying it.
    Not quite. The fact is that voter fraud was a widespread issue. Another fact is if Romney won and it was known that voter fraud played a hand in his winning, people would be up in arms. But the fact that a democrat won and there were fraudulent votes for him, people want to sweep it under the rug. Seriously, get a clue. What you're claiming is in no way reality.
    06-01-2013 08:36 PM
    06-01-2013 08:44 PM
    I forgot...if snopes says it's not true, then it's not true.
    Aquila likes this.
    06-01-2013 08:58 PM
    I forgot...if snopes says it's not true, then it's not true.
    That one is way open for a "nothing is true" comment, but I wasn't trying to prove or disprove anything. It doesn't address your comment about how widespread fraud is, but puts some specific claims into context. This is more of a light reading opportunity for everyone to have the same "fact sheet" for their information arsenal, to avoid, the red team saying, "nu uh" and the blue team saying, "uh huh!", etc.
    06-01-2013 09:01 PM
    One of the biggest :bang head: moments of the last decade was the issue of having an ID to vote.... the biggest argument for it, was stolen identity fraud, which is the one that almost doesn't ever happen.... the biggest argument against it was, "there are a whole lot of people without ID's".... okay... so give them an ID? What is it, $5? $10?... pretty important thing to have.
    06-01-2013 09:43 PM
    Yea , I don't trust that site.
    06-01-2013 11:26 PM
72 123