06-07-2013 07:54 PM
72 123
tools
    Yea , I don't trust that site.
    There is a huge need for a website that just publishes facts about stuff without spin. In an ideal world it'd be called "the news", but since they're not doing it....
    06-01-2013 11:31 PM
    There is a huge need for a website that just publishes facts about stuff without spin. In an ideal world it'd be called "the news", but since they're not doing it....
    I agree, I just don't think this is it.
    06-02-2013 01:30 AM
    That one is way open for a "nothing is true" comment, but I wasn't trying to prove or disprove anything. It doesn't address your comment about how widespread fraud is, but puts some specific claims into context. This is more of a light reading opportunity for everyone to have the same "fact sheet" for their information arsenal, to avoid, the red team saying, "nu uh" and the blue team saying, "uh huh!", etc.
    Very true, my apologies!
    One of the biggest :bang head: moments of the last decade was the issue of having an ID to vote.... the biggest argument for it, was stolen identity fraud, which is the one that almost doesn't ever happen.... the biggest argument against it was, "there are a whole lot of people without ID's".... okay... so give them an ID? What is it, $5? $10?... pretty important thing to have.
    Aren't you required to have an ID if you're over eighteen in certain states anyway?
    Yea , I don't trust that site.
    Same here.
    Aquila likes this.
    06-02-2013 04:43 PM
    I know in Ohio, it's a hefty fine if you don't have an id and your over 18.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    06-02-2013 07:01 PM
    I know in Ohio, it's a hefty fine if you don't have an id and your over 18.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Do they actually enforce that?
    06-03-2013 08:19 AM
    Do they actually enforce that?

I've never heard of them enforcing it. Most people get there drivers license at around 16 so that works as their ID.
    06-03-2013 09:06 AM
    I've never heard of them enforcing it. Most people get there drivers license at around 16 so that works as their ID.
    Then what's the issue with showing an ID when you go and vote?
    06-03-2013 09:52 PM
    Then what's the issue with showing an ID when you go and vote?
    Some people feel that voter id laws make it harder for some ethnic groups, students, and people with disabilities to vote.

Here is a short 2 minute video that shows some of the problems with voter ID laws.

06-03-2013 10:18 PM
    Some people feel that voter id laws make it harder for some ethnic groups, students, and people with disabilities to vote.

Here is a short 2 minute video that shows some of the problems with voter ID laws.

It's more like it's easier to fraudulently vote without any Voter ID laws...
    06-04-2013 10:22 PM
    I can see the advantages to having a national ID/Voter ID, but yet it also sparks of 1984/pig farm so I am really concerned about how it could be implemented, and misused.
    06-05-2013 11:09 AM
    I can see the advantages to having a national ID/Voter ID, but yet it also sparks of 1984/pig farm so I am really concerned about how it could be implemented, and misused.
    You need an ID to fly, to drive, to work, why not to vote? The way I see it, is that it preserves the integrity of the voting system.
    06-05-2013 01:01 PM
    You need an ID to fly, to drive, to work, why not to vote? The way I see it, is that it preserves the integrity of the voting system.
    They would have to give them away to ensure there was no conflict with the 24th Amendment, which states:

"Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.
    Section 2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation."
    jdbii likes this.
    06-05-2013 07:04 PM
    They would have to give them away to ensure there was no conflict with the 24th Amendment, which states:

"Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.
    Section 2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation."
    I mean unless you support illegals voting, and dead people voting...
    06-05-2013 07:38 PM
    I mean unless you support illegals voting, and dead people voting...
    Are there dead people voting? I know there are dead people registered because it's illegal to drop them before a certain time has passed since their last vote without proof, but are they actually showing up at the polls?
    06-05-2013 08:12 PM
    Are there dead people voting? I know there are dead people registered because it's illegal to drop them before a certain time has passed since their last vote without proof, but are they actually showing up at the polls?
    I remember seeing news articles that stated that people who've been dead for decades all of a sudden were voting.
    06-05-2013 08:35 PM
    I remember seeing news articles that stated that people who've been dead for decades all of a sudden were voting.
    Zombies are rude. Call this guy:
    06-05-2013 08:37 PM
    Someone's drinking that democrat koolaide.
    06-05-2013 08:41 PM
    Someone's drinking that democrat koolaide.
    lol, what?
    06-05-2013 08:43 PM
    lol, what?
    Nothing, sorry. I misread the sarcasm.
    06-05-2013 08:48 PM
    I'm not sure what the specific charges are for voting illegal (ie. not a citizen, a felon, using someone else's identity, voting twice, etc) but they should be harsh. Since Zombies aren't obligated to follow human laws, we're not obligated to give them trials. Crossbow bolt through the eye sounds efficient enough; that guy can kill like 50 zombies in 2 seconds.
    06-05-2013 08:50 PM
    I'm not sure what the specific charges are for voting illegal (ie. not a citizen, a felon, using someone else's identity, voting twice, etc) but they should be harsh. Since Zombies aren't obligated to follow human laws, we're not obligated to give them trials. Crossbow bolt through the eye sounds efficient enough; that guy can kill like 50 zombies in 2 seconds.
    Precisely. The integrity of the vote needs to be preserved.
    06-05-2013 08:57 PM
    Because we haven't needed one in 236 years of U.S. history? Because you can't show an I.D. with mail in ballots? Because I.D.s can be forged and the grandmas and grandpas at the tables aren't trained enough to spot the difference?

Lots of reasons.
    06-07-2013 07:54 PM
72 123