05-30-2013 10:38 PM
125 1234 ...
tools
    Yawn. You patting yourself on the back is BORING.

You need to think less about whether or not you are perceived as beautiful and more about what is happening to this earth by people who over consume. However much you consume, if you are knocking on obesity's door, you are over consuming for your energy expenditures and can cut back.

Clearly, you are more self-focused than I am. I can't relate to that sort of narcissism and yes, being overly concerned about yourself, your feelings, how you are perceived, etc. and not concerned enough about the bigger picture of how your life choices affect the earth and all the species who live on this earth is narcissism. Plain and simple.
    Lol.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    05-06-2013 12:07 AM
    Lol.
    Nothing funny about being so focused on yourself that you can't even spot the issues that arise from your life choices in terms of how those choices affect the environment.
    05-06-2013 12:12 AM
    Nothing funny about being so focused on yourself that you can't even spot the issues that arise from your life choices in terms of how those choices affect the environment.
    I really don't have anything else to say to you. If you would like to continue this conversation with anyone else, feel free. But I don't agree with anything you are saying nor am I going to waste anymore of my time with it. I don't condone your negativity and hatefulness and would rather converse with people a little less rash. So enjoy.

jdbii, Live2ride883 and msndrstood like this.
    05-06-2013 12:19 AM
    Dude, you simply have to stop. You are way past offensive. I can only hope that you are not yet an adult. There is an adult and mature way to talk about these issues and you are lacking in both. There are medical conditions and genetic factors that are beyond people's control, and to beat somebody up for something they have no control over is terrible. Please stop.
    msndrstood likes this.
    05-06-2013 12:19 AM
    Dude, you simply have to stop. You are way past offensive.
    First off dude, I am a dudette, lol! Second off, you think caring about the environment is offensive? Well THAT is as offensive as offensive gets. The idea that people should eat and breed until their heart's content without any concern for what they are doing to the environment is OFFENSIVE AND DISGUSTING.

That chick can't for one minute stop thinking about herself and her life long enough to even realize she has a carbon foot print. OFFENSIVE AND DISGUSTING.

I can only hope that you are not yet an adult. There is an adult and mature way to talk about these issues and you are lacking in both.
    I am far wiser than you could ever hope to be. You on the other hand are too dense to realize that you are thanking and liking a poster for being fat and getting knocked up. Whoo hoo! Let's just get all giddy over people stuffing their faces and farting out kids.

There are medical conditions and genetic factors that are beyond people's control, and to beat somebody up for something they have no control over is terrible. Please stop.
    You are IGNORANT of medicine and I am not. You have no idea what you are talking about and I can back up everything I say with data, not mere platitudes like you.

What medical conditions cause someone to be obese regardless of how many calories they consume? Name them. You can't because there aren't any

Please stop littering this forum with ignorance.
    05-06-2013 12:28 AM
    First off dude, I am a dudette, lol! Second off, you think caring about the environment is offensive? Well THAT is as offensive as offensive gets. The idea that people should eat and breed until their heart's content without any concern for what they are doing to the environment is OFFENSIVE AND DISGUSTING.

That chick can't for one minute stop thinking about herself and her life long enough to even realize she has a carbon foot print. OFFENSIVE AND DISGUSTING.

I am far wiser than you could ever hope to be. You on the other hand are too dense to realize that you are thanking and liking a poster for being fat and getting knocked up. Whoo hoo! Let's just get all giddy over people stuffing their faces and farting out kids.

You are IGNORANT of medicine and I am not. You have no idea what you are talking about and I can back up everything I say with data, not mere platitudes like you.

What medical conditions cause someone to be obese regardless of how many calories they consume? Name them. You can't because there aren't any

Please stop littering this forum with ignorance.
    You know, I really tried to be the bigger person and step away from this, but you are so condescending that its humorous. Everyone has a carbon footprint. My being overweight has nothing to do with gluttony. Gaining weight can be caused by something as simple as eating more calories than you burn in a day. That could be from one simple meal, or five meals. In my case, I eat less than I should and my body puts itself into protective starvation mode, storing and conserving calories and energy from my fat stores. Quit being so self righteous already. I am not self centered or narcissistoc. I was using personal expierence as a bases for an arguement. You on the other hand, are looking for every reason you can to attack anyone. Wisdom does not equal maturity. Even that seems to have been lost on you. He is not liking my posts for "being fat and getting knocked up" he is liking them because I am making my point in a respectful and well thought out manner without personally attacking people. Also, I didn't pop out a kid. I planned for a family, and I have one. I, unlike some, don't want a large family. One child is enough for me. But had I wanted more I would have had them, and taught them respect for others as well as respect for the enviorment. You don't have to choose one or the other. For the children's sake, I hope you never have the fortune of having a child if that's all you view them as.

jdbii, Live2ride883 and msndrstood like this.
    05-06-2013 12:46 AM
    I'm not taking any sides here, just saying let's drop the finger pointing and remarks towards one another.

Plain and simple it just ends bad for both parties if you continue to keep this going.

Thanks..

Paul627g
    Forums Moderator.
    05-06-2013 01:08 AM
    Good lord, I leave to take a short nap and you've destroyed my thread! Actually this one was pretty much dead anyways. Take it, it's yours!
    msndrstood likes this.
    05-06-2013 02:33 AM
    Good lord, I leave to take a short nap and you've destroyed my thread! Actually this one was pretty much dead anyways. Take it, it's yours!

I've seen this happen more than once.... LOL
    05-06-2013 09:45 AM
    The easiest way in the world to avoid deployment is to do what I did.

Don't freaking enter the military. Guaranteed I will *never* be deployed to anywhere.

EDIT: Given all we know about what the propensity of the U.S. Government is to do stuff we don't like or agree with, particularly with regard to the use of military force, I don't really understand why anyone would want to be a part of the military these days. Me personally, I've always had a problem with the notions that: employment could be sticky and you could be forced to come back to work for someone under threat of law; that you could be ordered to go into harm's way / get shot at; you can't just turn in a two-week notice and walk away.

EDIT #2: I really pissed off an ex-girlfriend of mine once (who was a military contractor employee and had been briefly in the Australian army) when I said, in the course of discussion about being in harm's way and having to follow the orders of an S.O. even if they were stupid, that if I and my fellow soldiers were being harmed and couldn't get out of harm's way or retreat only on account of the orders/directions of the S.O., I'd be first in line to shoot them in the head. (Maybe that explains why our relationship kind of fell apart after that. Well, she was also cheating on me, too, but that's another whole story.)
    05-07-2013 09:49 PM
    The easiest way in the world to avoid deployment is to do what I did.

Don't freaking enter the military. Guaranteed I will *never* be deployed to anywhere.

EDIT: Given all we know about what the propensity of the U.S. Government is to do stuff we don't like or agree with, particularly with regard to the use of military force, I don't really understand why anyone would want to be a part of the military these days. Me personally, I've always had a problem with the notions that: employment could be sticky and you could be forced to come back to work for someone under threat of law; that you could be ordered to go into harm's way / get shot at; you can't just turn in a two-week notice and walk away.

EDIT #2: I really pissed off an ex-girlfriend of mine once (who was a military contractor employee and had been briefly in the Australian army) when I said, in the course of discussion about being in harm's way and having to follow the orders of an S.O. even if they were stupid, that if I and my fellow soldiers were being harmed and couldn't get out of harm's way or retreat only on account of the orders/directions of the S.O., I'd be first in line to shoot them in the head. (Maybe that explains why our relationship kind of fell apart after that. Well, she was also cheating on me, too, but that's another whole story.)
    Well, in all technicality, didn't you have to sign up for the draft when you turned 18 years old? If they ever drafted you could very well potentially be deployed. But if that were to ever happen I would expect world war III at an apocolyptic level.

05-07-2013 11:08 PM
    It is a moot point whether I'd signed up with Selective Service or not; I'd have failed my way out of boot camp and found myself very quickly on the bus back home, and I'm in no way embarrassed to admit that.
    05-08-2013 01:06 AM
    It is a moot point whether I'd signed up with Selective Service or not; I'd have failed my way out of boot camp and found myself very quickly on the bus back home, and I'm in no way embarrassed to admit that.
    As a veteran, I chose to enter the military so people like you could rest easy at night while chattering on like this without having to worry about what the majority of the rest of the world does on a daily basis. The mere fact you "can't see why anyone would enter the military these days" is so perfect and you dont even realize it.

"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and*shake his hand. Then,*wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pu**y."
    Live2ride883 and Nate456 like this.
    05-08-2013 01:31 AM
    As a veteran, I chose to enter the military so people like you could rest easy at night while chattering on like this without having to worry about what the majority of the rest of the world does on a daily basis. The mere fact you "can't see why anyone would enter the military these days" is so perfect and you dont even realize it.

"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and*shake his hand. Then,*wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pu**y."
    There is nothing weak about objecting to war if it's because the act of an unjust war is a betrayal of our country, our people and especially our soldiers. If you refuse to serve because you're a coward, yes that's reprehensible but that's part of the freedom we defend. If you refuse to serve because our invasion of another country without a declaration of war is illegal, immoral and a waste of resources (money, diplomatic currency and most importantly, lives) then that's admirable. Intent is pretty relevant to that.

I served right after high school and if I knew what I know now, there is no way I would have done so. I will answer any call to defend our people from invasion; but I will not be sent to invade the homes of civilians who bear no will against us, aside from our illegal presence in their land. Would you tolerate Iran putting boots on the ground in Ohio and doing house to house sweeps, looking for christian fundamentalists?

It IS possible to love our troops and hate the war, and the best thing we can do for them to express that distinction is to bring them home and honor their service by acting honorably in the utilization of their service.

Edit: To be clear... I believe once you do enlist, you should honor your commitment.
    jdbii and msndrstood like this.
    05-08-2013 01:53 AM
    @Bob Sugar:

Serving this country and defending it are two completely different, unrelated things. As NothingIsTrue pointed out, we have engaged in some pretty unethical and what are regarded by the rest of the world as illegal acts. Am I supposed to think less of myself for not enabling those activities -- i.e. serving in the military -- than someone such as yourself who willingly and knowingly put on a uniform and did what you were told? Seriously? One has only to look at history (Operation Ajax, for instance), the Pentagon Papers, and WikiLeaks to realize, even though by no means is every single individual soldier personally guilty of heinous acts, this automatic hero status is not really very healthy, either.
    rexxman likes this.
    05-08-2013 08:52 AM
    What the hell is wrong with someone having that many children? Don't people know the world is overpopulated? To top it all off, they are obese!

For christ's sake, honey, close your freaking legs once in awhile. I am sure she got herself pregnant on purpose to try to garner sympathy.

And learn to push a plate of food away from your mouth every now and then. Geez.

I feel sorry for her children (of which there are too many).
    Sorry to say but I have to agree here. Why is it ok to tell people alcoholism is bad, meth is bad, smoking is bad, but heaven forbid you tell an obese person that obesity is bad. Obesity is one of thr leading preventabke causes of death in the United States. That increases insurance premiums for everyone when they have to factor things like that in.

It's true, some people do have medical conditions. Just like the obese lady who sat down in front of me last week and ate THREE McDoubles after I splurged with my once weekly chocolste shake. After exercising several days a week and carefully planning and preparing up to a dozen meals at a time for days in advance.

I truly feel for those with medical conditions, it just also seems like every single obese persob I have ever met had them. I remember when I worked at a nursing home and in the middle of a 12 hour shift this obese girl complained to me how lucky I was to be thin while I was choking down chicken and rice and she was eating a double whopper. Love people who discredit my hard work as luck with their own excuses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    05-08-2013 04:16 PM
    I've known so many teens that joined to get the signing bonus and didn't really want to serve. It's pretty sad actually.
    Just be thankful we're not "required" to serve for 4 years like many countries.

tap'n
    05-08-2013 04:29 PM
    Sorry to say but I have to agree here. Why is it ok to tell people alcoholism is bad, meth is bad, smoking is bad, but heaven forbid you tell an obese person that obesity is bad. Obesity is one of thr leading preventabke causes of death in the United States. That increases insurance premiums for everyone when they have to factor things like that in.

It's true, some people do have medical conditions. Just like the obese lady who sat down in front of me last week and ate THREE McDoubles after I splurged with my once weekly chocolste shake. After exercising several days a week and carefully planning and preparing up to a dozen meals at a time for days in advance.

I truly feel for those with medical conditions, it just also seems like every single obese persob I have ever met had them. I remember when I worked at a nursing home and in the middle of a 12 hour shift this obese girl complained to me how lucky I was to be thin while I was choking down chicken and rice and she was eating a double whopper. Love people who discredit my hard work as luck with their own excuses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    By all means, congratulations on living a healthy life. It really is a wonderful thing, and I comend you for it. In my case, its much cheaper and quicker to eat unhealthy things, like eating out or boxed meals very high in sodium. I agree that not every obese person has a medical condition, they have an addiction. It is unhealthy, and it needs to be stopped. But there is a difference in being supportive, offering help and advice to get out of that situation, and bashing them and calling them disgusting, telling them that they are ugly, etc. This will most likely push them to pity eat, further enforcing their addiction.

Aquila, jdbii and rexxman like this.
    05-08-2013 04:31 PM
    As a woman who served 9 years and deployed to Iraq if she wasn't pregnant but got pregnant to get out of deployment she should be punished. Not saying prison but when a female does that someone has to fill that slot and it sometimes ends up being someone who just came home. I've seen it a bunch of times. A girl i sorta knew in Germany always got pregnant every time her name came down on the deployment roster. She has 5 kids and counting. It wasnt right. I understand that sometimes the extra money and/or bonuses seem to good to pass up but you signed the dotted line and you know what that entails. I've seen so many people get mad at having to pay back bonuses as well. You get that bonus on the agreement that you will complete that time and contract. You break that contract you should pay it back.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    jdbii likes this.
    05-08-2013 04:34 PM
    I am not a big fan of the cult of hero for service members. After awhile it becomes self perpetuating propaganda and we start to actually believe in it. The problem is it becomes hard to even have an honest discussion, like innocent children are getting killed, summary execution by drones, and we keep people in Gitmo for 10 years without a trial. (Is this even America anymore?) It is great for me since I served and I kind of laugh at Republicans as they anoint me with saintly status, but all I did was a heck of lot of mopping and cleaning bathrooms on an air conditioned bathtub while drinking hot coffee whenever I wanted. If I had been in a forward combat unit or lost a leg or lost a comrade I might feel different, and I have no problem calling those people heroes. I actually believe in the draft since I think everybody should serve and therefore it becomes a universal experience for liberals, conservatives, war-mongers, hippy peace-lovers and everybody in between. Therefore, nobody can pull the "you are unpatriotic or a traitor or I protected your freedom" if you question the wisdom of going to war. I do think you have a duty to serve if called or hypothetically drafted, and though I respect Tall Mike's honesty, I think the right thing to do would be to pursue conscientious objector status. On NPR's Philosophy Talk, this sort of 'conundrum' often comes up, where if everybody did what they wanted to the results would be disastrous and society would come to a screeching halt.
    Jennifer Stough likes this.
    05-08-2013 04:38 PM
    I am not a big fan of the cult of hero for service members. After awhile it becomes self perpetuating propaganda and we start to actually believe in it. The problem is it becomes hard to even have an honest discussion, like innocent children are getting killed, summary execution by drones, and we keep people in Gitmo for 10 years without a trial. (Is this even America anymore?) It is great for me since I served and I kind of laugh at Republicans as they anoint me with saintly status, but all I did was a heck of lot of mopping and cleaning bathrooms on an air conditioned bathtub while drinking hot coffee whenever I wanted. If I had been in a forward combat unit or lost a leg or lost a comrade I might feel different, and I have no problem calling those people heroes. I actually believe in the draft since I think everybody should serve and therefore it becomes a universal experience for liberals, conservatives, war-mongers, hippy peace-lovers and everybody in between. Therefore, nobody can pull the "you are unpatriotic or a traitor or I protected your freedom" if you question the wisdom of going to war. I do think you have a duty to serve if called or hypothetically drafted, and though I respect Tall Mike's honesty, I think the right thing to do would be to pursue conscientious objector status. On NPR's Philosophy Talk, this sort of 'conundrum' often comes up, where if everybody did what they wanted to the results would be disastrous and society would come to a screeching halt.
    I agree that there is a hero status that seems to be adopted by service members and eventually they do begin to believe it. That was an issue of mine with a few of the men my husband works with who lie about having certain metals or having served in a war when their boots never left ground. A few of the men he knows even wear a combat patch and have never been deployed, or talk about missions they went on or fire fights they were in, when they never left the wire. Dont get me wrong, many service men truly are hero's. But some are just young men who want to feel that idolship. My husband, although attached to a line unit during his deployment to Iraq and went on missions nightly, often comments on how his whole deployment was spent playing cod at the mwr or working out in the gym. When stationed stateside, he is used as a glorified janitor.

jdbii and Aquila like this.
    05-08-2013 04:46 PM
    When stationed stateside, he is used as a glorified janitor.
    and your husband is even a medic......lol, some things in the military are universal no matter what branch you serve in.
    Aquila and Jennifer Stough like this.
    05-08-2013 10:37 PM
    and your husband is even a medic......lol, some things in the military are universal no matter what branch you serve in.
    That is something I am both grateful and disappointed in. I am grateful that my husband is not being used as a bullet sponge, but I am also sad that he is not being used to his full potential. That is precisely why we are at ft. Sam Houston right now while he gets his LPN. It gives him the opportunity to use his medical expertise to a fuller extent.

05-09-2013 02:42 AM
    Whoosh. That is the sound of the point I was making about overpopulation flying right over your head. Whoosh.

How large is the carbon footprint of someone who is obese? Clearly, carbon footprints are a concept that is way over your head.

There is NOTHING beautiful about being a glutton. And there is NOTHING beautiful about not having any sensibility about what over consuming is doing to this earth.

Please spare me your trite platitudes.
    How many trees have you hugged today?

Sent from my HTC DROID DNA using the Android Central App
    Tall Mike 2145 likes this.
    05-09-2013 10:33 PM
    I've known so many teens that joined to get the signing bonus and didn't really want to serve. It's pretty sad actually.
    Just be thankful we're not "required" to serve for 4 years like many countries.
    There used to be a continuous draft -- at a guess I'd say this started with WWII, but I'm not an expert in such matters -- right up to about I want to say 1972, when Nixon eliminated it. And the reason? Take a look at the problems we had in Vietnam. Lots of people were there due to drafting, and actually also as an option for many petty criminals who could opt for military service in lieu of prison time. We as a nation learned our lesson that we're better off with a smaller military comprised of just those who want to be there, than any random person we might pluck off the street and force to be there.
    05-10-2013 02:34 AM
125 1234 ...