Kiera Wilmot, described by faculty at her school as an exemplary student, attempted a science experiment by mixing some chemicals in a plastic bottle. The bottle exploded, causing no injury or property damage to anyone. She has been arrested, charged with criminal acts and expelled from school. She's 16 and was trying to learn. Anger. Explain.

The owner of the fertilizer plant in Texas that exploded, killing more than a dozen people and injuring nearly ten times that amount, being the result of improper and illegal business practices surrounding the storage of massively dangerous and illegal quantities of regulated chemicals... has not been arrested. No employees have been arrested. They're adults who knew for damned sure what they were doing was wrong, illegal and outright dangerous... and actively covered it up. Anger. Explain.
    rexxman likes this.
    05-04-2013 06:02 AM
    Only in America

Sent from my HTC DROID DNA using the "NEW" Android Central App
    05-04-2013 06:06 AM
    Kiera Wilmot, described by faculty at her school as an exemplary student, attempted a science experiment by mixing some chemicals in a plastic bottle. The bottle exploded, causing no injury or property damage to anyone. She has been arrested, charged with criminal acts and expelled from school. She's 16 and was trying to learn. Anger. Explain.

The owner of the fertilizer plant in Texas that exploded, killing more than a dozen people and injuring nearly ten times that amount, being the result of improper and illegal business practices surrounding the storage of massively dangerous and illegal quantities of regulated chemicals... has not been arrested. No employees have been arrested. They're adults who knew for damned sure what they were doing was wrong, illegal and outright dangerous... and actively covered it up. Anger. Explain.
    I understand completely, and I'll explain:

The plastic bottle the dastardly girl used in her experiment was not biodegradable.
    Very easy to understand, I don't see the difficulty. Her parents should shun her from her family. Then disown her.

< Sent directly from Hotlanta, via Tampa, via New York City >
    05-04-2013 07:19 AM
    I understand completely, and I'll explain:

The plastic bottle the dastardly girl used in her experiment was not biodegradable.
    Very easy to understand, I don't see the difficulty. Her parents should shun her from her family. Then disown her.

< Sent directly from Hotlanta, via Tampa, via New York City >

Ohhhhhhh.... right....
    05-04-2013 07:25 AM
    End of the day the girl was trying to learn and the staff probably shouldn't allowed her access to the chemicals.
    I remember back in orientation day we were allowed to mix chemicals to test out chemistry (they told us which ones to mix but often we didn't) and the staff were the making sure there was no possible explosive mix we could make. There was one which had a metal fly around a bowl but that was about it.
    05-06-2013 04:54 AM
    It's ok. The school district immediately to the north of where I lived suspended a child from school on a weapons violation.

The kid brought the little action figure toy guns and rifles with him. Yeah. You read that right.
    05-06-2013 03:14 PM
    A 16 year old girl shouldn't have been allowed free access to chemistry equipment or chemicals without supervision by a chemistry teacher, who should be welled versed in their subject and know which chemicals can and cannot be mixed. A teacher should be held responsible, not the child. Unless she accessed the said equipment and chemicals without permission and in an illegal manner, ie, breaking and entering, and/or stealing. When I was in chemistry 4 or so years ago, after labs the equipment and chemicals were stored behind a very heavy doored closet and locked. Students were not allowed to access them.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    05-06-2013 03:23 PM
    I never took Chemistry, but I can imagine the potential for destruction that many of the chemicals have.
    05-07-2013 09:48 PM
    The chemicals that she used were toilet bowl cleaner and tin foil in a plastic bottle. All items that you can get from your local store
    05-09-2013 03:44 PM
    05-23-2013 07:34 AM