There will be another round of hearings starting this week. With testimony from at least 1 state department whistleblower that is willing to tell the truth about what really happened, why it happened and who actually knew about it..

http://m.cbsnews.com/postwatch.rbml?...244&feed_id=29
    05-06-2013 10:31 AM
    There will be another round of hearings starting this week. With testimony from at least 1 state department whistleblower that is willing to tell the truth about what really happened, why it happened and who actually knew about it..

http://m.cbsnews.com/postwatch.rbml?...244&feed_id=29
    I hope those responsible are charged and convicted!
    05-06-2013 06:06 PM
    I hope those responsible are charged and convicted!
    Those responsible for the attack or for bringing the hearings?
    rexxman likes this.
    05-06-2013 06:36 PM
    I hope the President is impeached, he won't have a snow balls chance in getting a Senate conviction though. He should shoulder responsibility for this and so should Hillary
    Clinton. Perhaps she will be damaged enough that she will never make it to the White House. The midterms are next year and this is starting to become an interesting dilemma for the Dems.
    If their constituents think that they are carrying water for the Administration or that they were part of the obvious cover-up it could then translate into a rout for the GOP. If they bail on the Administration now it could prolong their careers. I think this will be a summer of political entertainment delight. Also will Obama and Hillary attack each other when push comes to shove?
    05-07-2013 07:47 PM
    Would the nation accept the President saying, "We dropped the ball. We handled it to the best of our ability, given what we knew at the time, however it's clear now we should have been reaching out for more information. Going forward, we will implement a plan consisting of x, y and z to avoid issues of this nature and increase transparency. Let's move on." ? I don't hear many people saying they're still concerned with Benghazi, but obviously there are some that need more than the previous hearings provided. I wonder, is this coming off as beating a dead horse or as seeking justice to the public?
    05-07-2013 07:58 PM
    Those responsible for the attack or for bringing the hearings?
    One ones responsible for the attack, and the ones who did nothing.
    05-09-2013 08:43 AM
    Would the nation accept the President saying, "We dropped the ball. We handled it to the best of our ability, given what we knew at the time, however it's clear now we should have been reaching out for more information. Going forward, we will implement a plan consisting of x, y and z to avoid issues of this nature and increase transparency. Let's move on." ? I don't hear many people saying they're still concerned with Benghazi, but obviously there are some that need more than the previous hearings provided. I wonder, is this coming off as beating a dead horse or as seeking justice to the public?
    The dust will settle on the usual relative partisan sides.

< Sent directly from Hotlanta, via Tampa, via New York City >
    Tall Mike 2145 likes this.
    05-09-2013 07:16 PM
    Unless you live under a rock or have your head buried so deep in the sand that you may never see daylight again. You have heard some of the testimony from the whistle blowers this past week, or at least excerpts from it on the news.

Has this testimony in anyway changed your opinion of:

A) the events of 9-11 in Benghazi
    B) the official White House explanation/time line.

Also where should this investigation go from here.
    05-12-2013 11:14 AM
    At this point, it has turned into a partisan hack job. Earlier, the State Department took responsibility for the error and Hillary resigned.

Is the accusation that the current president ordered or carried out these attacks?

It was unfortunate what happened to our 4 citizens. But stop already.

Where were all of you when 9/11 went down? Where was the outrage when 3,000 were murdered? Oh, that's right, I remember, the country pulled together.

This congress is a disgrace to all of us.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    05-12-2013 01:52 PM
    What a beautiful, beautiful story that just aired on 60 Minutes about the rescue of Jessica Buchanan. Wow. Always proud and grateful to be an American. Even more so now.

Anyone else catch it?

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    05-12-2013 06:26 PM
    100,000,000x10^10,000,000,000% agree.
    05-12-2013 06:36 PM
    At this point, it has turned into a partisan hack job. Earlier, the State Department took responsibility for the error and Hillary resigned.

Is the accusation that the current president ordered or carried out these attacks?

It was unfortunate what happened to our 4 citizens. But stop already.

Where were all of you when 9/11 went down? Where was the outrage when 3,000 were murdered? Oh, that's right, I remember, the country pulled together.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    "Unfortunate"? "Citizens"? We (supposedly the most powerful nation on the planet) purposely 'stood down' and ALLOWED our own Ambassador (and a Seal or two) to get murdered, then had the audacity to blame a video that barely had a couple hundred hits.
    Not just blame, but go on five talk shows and shove it down our open and willing throats. That's allowing, then lying about it, then belittling your intelligence. Need this be yet another 'unfortunate event' swept under the carpet? Is there any room still left under there?

In addition, our reaction to 9/11/01 has nothing to do with this "unfortunate" day.

But I do agree with your assessment of this congress.

Come one, come all, hop on the Lllllllama Bandwagon! FREE POPCORN!!! You'll need it! (bring your own butter)
    05-12-2013 10:09 PM
    "Unfortunate"? "Citizens"? We (supposedly the most powerful nation on the planet) purposely 'stood down' and ALLOWED our own ambassador (and a Seal or two) to get murdered, then had the audacity to blame a video that barely had a couple hundred hits. That's allowing, then lying about it.

Our reaction to 9/11/01 has nothing to do with this "unfortunate" day.

But I do agree with your assessment of this congress.

Come one, come all, hop on the Lllllllama Bandwagon! FREE POPCORN!!! You'll need it! (bring your own butter)
    Let's get some clarity. The opposite of unfortunate is fortunate. Are you saying the situation was fortunate?

Citizens. Are you saying the murdered Americans were not citizens?

Allowed? Do you really think there was some plan by anybody in our government that concluded we should allow our citizens to be murdered? What would be gained by that?

I distinctly remember the news reports about a western video that inflamed the Muslim world and violent demonstrations in the days preceding Benghazi. Do you?
    I am sorry you do not see the contrast of actions that followed 9/11 and Benghazi.

There was no outrage at the Congressional level following 9/11. No never ending hearings trying to exploit a tragedy for a political position.

I am glad we are in agreement about our disgraceful congress.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    05-12-2013 11:07 PM
    Let's get some clarity. The opposite of unfortunate is fortunate. Are you saying the situation was fortunate?
    Really? :sly:

Citizens. Are you saying the murdered Americans were not citizens?
    An Ambassador and a Seal are citizens, yeah, but why just say "citizen" to minimize it to make your point?

Allowed? Do you really think there was some plan by anybody in our government that concluded we should allow our citizens to be murdered? What would be gained by that?
    Do you seriously think this is beyond the realm of possibility? Do you trust the government?

I distinctly remember the news reports about a western video that inflamed the Muslim world and violent demonstrations in the days preceding Benghazi. Do you?
    Have you ever heard of the word propaganda?

There was no outrage at the Congressional level following 9/11. No never ending hearings trying to exploit a tragedy for a political position.
    I see apples, you see oranges.

I am glad we are in agreement about our disgraceful congress.
    Who wouldn't agree with that?

05-12-2013 11:27 PM