06-06-2013 02:20 PM
181 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Because Catholics don't read the Bible. That's what they have priests for.

Sent from the (4.2 updated) redheaded stepchild of the Nexii
    06-01-2013 02:13 AM
    Because Catholics don't read the Bible. That's what they have priests for.

Sent from the (4.2 updated) redheaded stepchild of the Nexii
    I think you state that in jest, or I hope you do. Biblical verse is included in the Catholic liturgy.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-01-2013 07:31 PM
    I don't know my religious stance yet. I do not know enough about religions(except hinduism) and the messages that religion has are accepted by me but not the fact that there "someone" watching over us or someone supremely powerful.
    06-01-2013 07:47 PM
    I think you state that in jest, or I hope you do. Biblical verse is included in the Catholic liturgy.

Correct.
    06-01-2013 08:45 PM
    What Jesus is in prison? Where? And can I save him? Who ever put him in jail is surely going to burn for all eternity! Bad person bad bad person!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    06-01-2013 08:54 PM
    I think it's pretty attractive to have someone who will forgive you for anything once society has just told you that you suck at life and require segregation from decent people...
    06-01-2013 08:57 PM
    I think it's pretty attractive to have someone who will forgive you for anything once society has just told you that you suck at life and require segregation from decent people...
    I don't understand what you mean.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    06-02-2013 02:05 AM

Sent from my Nexus 4
    People see god as a merciful thing and even if every other person is saying you are an ***** and they don't forgive you, people get comfort from having something being able to forgive them.
    jdbii, badbrad17 and Aquila like this.
    06-02-2013 02:13 AM

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Sending someone to prison is a pretty harsh way of dealing them, deserving or not. When they get there and they're alone, I think it's understandable to seek solace in the concept of a God or gods or Jesus or a prophet or whomever will accept you for your faults and provide a way to forgiveness; when the rest of the world clearly is not going to forgive. Society gives a person the finger and religion reaches out a friendly hand, which one would we expect them to grab onto?
    met.watts, jdbii and badbrad17 like this.
    06-02-2013 02:22 AM
    Sending someone to prison is a pretty harsh way of dealing them, deserving or not. When they get there and they're alone, I think it's understandable to seek solace in the concept of a God or gods or Jesus or a prophet or whomever will accept you for your faults and provide a way to forgiveness; when the rest of the world clearly is not going to forgive. Society gives a person the finger and religion reaches out a friendly hand, which one would we expect them to grab onto?
    Doing something to end up in prison is a choice.

Nobody has to go through that. It is a choice.

06-02-2013 10:23 AM

Agreed, but there can be exceptions and situations of unbearable desperation. Somebody could be mentally incapacitated like the character Lennie in Steinbeck's "Of Mice and Men," or you could be so poor, hungry and desperate you might steal a loaf of bread for hungry children like the character Jean Valjean in Hugo's "Les Miserables."
    badbrad17 likes this.
    06-02-2013 12:28 PM
    Agreed, but there can be exceptions and situations of unbearable desperation. Somebody could be mentally incapacitated like the character Lennie in Steinbeck's "Of Mice and Men," or you could be so poor, hungry and desperate you might steal a loaf of bread for hungry children like the character Jean Valjean in Hugo's "Les Miserables."
    I'd be willing to bet a large percentage of my salary that there is only a mere, miniscule percentage of people in prison under circumstances that you point out; compared to people in prison that are there because they think they're bad-asses.

jdbii and badbrad17 like this.
    06-02-2013 12:42 PM
    Or you could be like the Apostle Paul and just share your Faith.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    06-02-2013 01:00 PM

Not quite.
    People that go to jail range from drunk idiots to mentally unstable people to people having a bad child hood.
    Nearly everyone is mentally unstable in prison it is not a choice for them, they most likely have a troubled past.

I don't blame the prisoners, I blame their childhood and parenting that went on.
    jdbii likes this.
    06-02-2013 04:01 PM
    Sorry chetan, can't agree with you on that one. My sister has life in prison with no chance of parol and it is entirely her fault. Yeah, she had a troubled childhood, but she's the one who decided to make it troubled. You never have to become a product of your environment. They make that choice for themselves.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.
    06-02-2013 04:18 PM
    The vast majority of the prison population are there because of choice. However, there are some, a very small percentage of the prison population, who have been incarcerated unjustly.

Aquila and jdbii like this.
    06-02-2013 04:57 PM
    Not quite.
    People that go to jail range from drunk idiots to mentally unstable people to people having a bad child hood.
    Nearly everyone is mentally unstable in prison it is not a choice for them, they most likely have a troubled past.

I don't blame the prisoners, I blame their childhood and parenting that went on.
    People choose to be drunk idiots, to lose control of themselves.

People with "bad childhoods" can also grow up to be inspirational and genuinely good people. Or they could choose to play the victim card.

The definition of a "troubled past" is too wide open these days and is used as an excuse for everyone and everything.

Aquila and met.watts like this.
    06-02-2013 04:59 PM
    The vast majority of the prison population are there because of choice. However, there are some, a very small percentage of the prison population, who have been incarcerated unjustly.

I know.
    But we're not talking about the very small percentage.

Unjust incarceration is a whole 'nother subject. Would make for a good thread too.

Aquila and jdbii like this.
    06-02-2013 05:03 PM
    My religion is droidism and my mass every Sunday is android central. Penence is when your battery mysteriously dies. And I pray to the god of RAM

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    06-02-2013 05:06 PM
    Just make sure you pay that guy for your haircut.

06-02-2013 05:11 PM
    Will do guy

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    06-02-2013 05:13 PM
    My sister swears she didn't do the crime she was accused of. But she's guilty by association. I love my sister, no doubt about it, but whether or not she pulled the trigger doesn't matter to me. That's the thing, there really aren't unjust imprisonments. Maybe unjust sentences.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.
    06-02-2013 05:18 PM
    Really sad about your sister. Sorry about that. Can't help saying that in some cases innocents do end up in prison. It might be a small percentage but it does happen. For instance this was a recent high profile case of an innocent man who served two decades behind bars. Man Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder Suffers Heart Attack After Release From Prison - NY1.

sorry, i'll leave the post even though off topic. i just sas that the op recommended 'unjust incarceration' be a topic for another thread.
    Did he commit the robbery?

06-02-2013 06:20 PM
    Unjust incarceration and/or sentencing doesn't HAVE to be another thread. I just thought it would be a good subject FOR a thread.

jdbii likes this.
    06-02-2013 06:33 PM
    Did he commit the robbery?

It was a murder case, and I guess there is no way to know whether or not he committed the crime, but he was convicted on spotty evidence.
    06-02-2013 06:50 PM
181 ... 34567 ...