Just curious as to your take on this guy. I used to listen to his podcasts and watched a few of his infowars movies years ago but stopped due to a combination of it just being so negative/depressing and found him to be too extreme for my tastes. But there's still a small part of me that says he's not really getting rich off of this if he's just sensationalizing for money because he gives most of it away for free. And the guy does make a pretty convincing case in some of those documentaries. I've yet to find any evidence of exposed corruption on his part even after I tried deliberately looking for it. I'm torn between him being a nutjob, or an extremist, or actually on to something. The head-in-the-sand average joe part of me wants to write him off, but the thinker in me wonders whether I'm falling for "they're crazy conspiracy theorists!" propoganda. Thoughts?
    05-28-2013 04:01 PM
    ...But there's still a small part of me that says he's not really getting rich off of this if he's just sensationalizing for money because he gives most of it away for free....
    He's a multimillionaire, and you don't become a multimillionaire by giving it away for free.
    05-28-2013 07:16 PM
    He has a lot of facts that he uses to arrive at the completely wrong conclusions.
    05-28-2013 07:40 PM
    Just curious as to your take on this guy. I used to listen to his podcasts and watched a few of his infowars movies years ago but stopped due to a combination of it just being so negative/depressing and found him to be too extreme for my tastes. But there's still a small part of me that says he's not really getting rich off of this if he's just sensationalizing for money because he gives most of it away for free. And the guy does make a pretty convincing case in some of those documentaries. I've yet to find any evidence of exposed corruption on his part even after I tried deliberately looking for it. I'm torn between him being a nutjob, or an extremist, or actually on to something. The head-in-the-sand average joe part of me wants to write him off, but the thinker in me wonders whether I'm falling for "they're crazy conspiracy theorists!" propoganda. Thoughts?
    Why would you even consider someone that claims that the recent tornado in Oklahoma might have been a weather weapon, to be reliable at all? Clearly the man is either A) a scam artist preying on others much as medicine men did back in the 1800's OR B) Just flat out crazy. Either way, not someone that anyone should be listening to. Anyone can make up stuff.
    05-28-2013 09:10 PM
    Why would you even consider someone that claims that the recent tornado in Oklahoma might have been a weather weapon, to be reliable at all? Clearly the man is either A) a scam artist preying on others much as medicine men did back in the 1800's OR B) Just flat out crazy. Either way, not someone that anyone should be listening to. Anyone can make up stuff.
    Hey a weather weapon is very plausible. Remember the movie "The Core". It was a weapon built and test fire by our government that caused the Earth's core to stop spinning. Their reasoning? "If we don't build it first, then those that Intend to do us harm will build it and use it against us." - But is that really a good enough reason to build a MAWD that would end all life on Earth? Simply because you don't want a terrorist group to do so first.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    05-29-2013 11:14 PM
    Hey a weather weapon is very plausible. Remember the movie "The Core". It was a weapon built and test fire by our government that caused the Earth's core to stop spinning. Their reasoning? "If we don't build it first, then those that Intend to do us harm will build it and use it against us." - But is that really a good enough reason to build a MAWD that would end all life on Earth? Simply because you don't want a terrorist group to do so first.

We have nuclear weapons, and the whole world knows we'll never use them again. It would be too "politically incorrect". That's why we just let anything and everything happen to us now. We're afraid to hurt people's "feelings".

05-30-2013 01:34 PM

Not really. You're giving the government, and Alex Jones for that matter, way too much credit. And really...to bring a fictional movie into the discussion is even worse.
    05-30-2013 01:53 PM
    We have nuclear weapons, and the whole world knows we'll never use them again. It would be too "politically incorrect". That's why we just let anything and everything happen to us now. We're afraid to hurt people's "feelings".

Now that i think about it, a weather weapon would be PERFECT for a country that's afraid to hurt anybody's feelings, like we are these days.
    It would seem like an act of God, we'd be blameless. Great idea!

05-30-2013 02:13 PM