06-07-2013 08:40 PM
65 123
tools
    Really that's your only comment, care to elaborate a bit more, you seem to have caught my attention? The number one influence in your political affiliations IS your family.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    The number one influence on your political affiliations should me common sense and open mindedness.

After your comments about the GOP party and the general nature of your posts, I'm not sure there's much of a discussion that we can have.

Side note: I don't know what five letter word you think I called you that was bleeped out in your prior post.
    06-01-2013 11:15 AM
    I'm sorry if I came off a bit stand offish. I get a bit tempered when it comes to talking about the GOP. For me I don't trust any of them, and I for one am quite glad Michelle Bachman is stepping down. Maybe they can regain at least some of the prestige they once had.

But answer me this; Do you sincerely think political parties belong in American politics anymore or are they a thing if the past?

06-01-2013 11:31 AM
    Do you sincerely think political parties belong in American politics anymore or are they a thing if the past?

Thing of the past. Definitely.
    999 politicians out of 1,000 are out for themselves and themselves only. Not only here in America, but worldwide.

Aquila likes this.
    06-01-2013 12:16 PM
    But answer me this; Do you sincerely think political parties belong in American politics anymore or are they a thing if the past?

I hate political parties. From my point of view they do nothing but detract from any sort of progress in the federal government.
    Aquila likes this.
    06-01-2013 01:33 PM
    Benghazi and the IRS incidents are scary are incredibly worrisome. The fact that you would accuse the GOP of trying to smear Obama's name rather then give thought to the issues they are raising tells me all I need to know about your political education.
    The GOP has been trying to smear Obama's name from the very first day he took office. So it's not surprising that someone would view current efforts as more of the same. They've been doing it for years. That being said. Benghazi isn't really "scary" but rather predictable. What did people think would happen when we send in a diplomat into an unstable country (that we helped unstable), with very little security? Of course something is going to go wrong. I blame a lot of people for that. I blame congress who cut embassy budgets, I blame people at the State Dept. who should have known better, and something that no one ever talks about is the diplomat himself. I blame him too. Who better to know of the situation on the ground then him? He should not have put himself into that situation to begin with. Anyone can see that compound was not adequately secured.

IRS incident is only scary from the standpoint that they have been approving groups for over 50 years with the wrong criteria through a change in wording made without congressional approval. There's a whole HELL of a lot of people to blame for that one...running five decades back.

I never said benghazi and the IRS weren't major issues (I mean come on, the chief of the IRS resigned) even a blind man could see that.
    The head of the IRS was retiring anyway. Basically this was all theatre.
    06-01-2013 02:07 PM
    Not to resurrect this thread but I found this on i funny, even though I can't verify it's validity.

Attached Thumbnails How far down the rabbit hole should we go?-uploadfromtaptalk1370465282618.jpg  
    msndrstood likes this.
    06-05-2013 03:48 PM
    So, what's the difference between saying, "act of terror" and "act of terrorism"? That seems to be a huge point of contention and I'm not sure why.
    GadgetGator and msndrstood like this.
    06-05-2013 03:52 PM
    So, what's the difference between saying, "act of terror" and "act of terrorism"? That seems to be a huge point of contention and I'm not sure why.
    Is there a difference, I think not. They seem to be the same thing to me. I mean an act of terror is a crime that is committed to instill fear within a particular group of people, and an act of terrorism is an act committed by a terrorist group, that essentially has the same purpose as an act of terror.

06-05-2013 03:59 PM
    I think the word "terror" is highly overused these days. Has anyone noticed that everyone from children to grandpas are getting charged with "terroristic threats" every other day now? Just makes no sense.

I think signatures are stupid.
    jdbii and Aquila like this.
    06-05-2013 04:20 PM
    Workplace accidents are accidents, keyword *accidents*. Terrorism is "people" plotting to maim and/or kill us and our families, no matter where you are, no matter what you're doing.
    Don't forget, the Fort Hood Shooting was deemed workplace violence, not terrorism.
    06-06-2013 01:52 PM
    Benghazi, the deaths of American Citizens in a foreign land serving this country is NEVER a non issue.
    Precisely! If we had a Republican president who didn't do crap about the killings, he'd have been impeached. At least Bush did something about the TERRORIST acts, not blow them off. This just goes to show that Republicans are held to a much higher standard than the leftist idiots.
    06-06-2013 01:55 PM
    I'm sorry your upset about my political education, I grew up in a family where, I was told to never vote republican, that they are lying swindling snakes only out to steal money from the good people who work for it, and I still believe that sentiment today.
    You're wrong, that's the democrats that want to steal money from the hard working Americans, only to give it to those that scam unemployment and the like.
    The GOP has been trying to smear Obama's name from the very first day he took office.
    Just as the left did to Bush...there's no differences at all, it's all the game of politics.
    06-06-2013 02:05 PM
    Not to resurrect this thread but I found this on i funny, even though I can't verify it's validity.

If that's true, the fact that obama did nothing, and lied about it is worse. That being said, I'm not aware of any embassies being attacked under Bush.
    06-06-2013 02:07 PM
    Don't forget, the Fort Hood Shooting was deemed workplace violence, not terrorism.
    It was deemed workplace violence by an administration that calls real terroristic acts "man-made disasters", so as to appease our enemies, lest we show a backbone.

06-06-2013 02:09 PM
    It was deemed workplace violence by an administration that calls real terroristic acts "man-made disasters", so as to appease our enemies, lest we show a backbone.

Well said. This administration is really just a sick joke.
    06-06-2013 02:10 PM
    If that's true, the fact that obama did nothing, and lied about it is worse. That being said, I'm not aware of any embassies being attacked under Bush.
    Combing through various Wikipedia articles, I can confirm that there are some, but I haven't found anywhere near 54. The number I see repeatedly is closer to a dozen. According to this: List of attacks on diplomatic missions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia were 9 between 2002 and 2008 and have been 7 since then, however it states, "The following is a list of attacks on diplomatic buildings (embassies, consulates) anywhere in the world. The list does not include attacks on individuals outside or inside an embassy, such as assassinations of ambassadors, or incidents such as letter bombs to individuals, as occurred at the embassy of Israel in London in 1972."

Terrorist attacks on U.S. diplomatic facilities - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia indicates 12 attacks with 39 casualties during the 2002 to 2008 period, with 3 attacks and 13 casualties since that time and measures terrorist attacks on US embassies, but it says it's not a comprehensive list.

Either way the picture was wrong, because it says 54:1 and no matter how you slice it, there are more than 1 in the new administration and it seems like there are far less than 54 in the previous administration.

I'm not exactly sure what the number of times we're attacked measures. How we handle it is what caused it seem like more important things to figure out.
    06-06-2013 02:54 PM
    The GOP has been trying to smear Obama's name from the very first day he took office.
    I couldn't care less about his name, it's his politics, policies that I find dangerous. Yet if at any time we actually question his background, experience, or even education we find those records sealed, then we get called a racist for raising the issue in the first place.

The only people that don't want to disclose the truth, are people with something to hide, honestly the more and more scandals that are exposed the more and more people are going to wake up to what is actually happening here.
    06-06-2013 03:24 PM
    it's his politics, policies that I find dangerous.
    This is the part that I don't fully understand.

2 statements: (3rd for logical next step)
    1. The President has very little real power and is more of a puppet than anything else.
    2. There is no difference between one puppet or another, aside from how their painted and the voice they read the script in. Same hands fill both socks.
    3. 1 and 2 are true for between 99.99% and 100% of the legislature, the judiciary and the executive branch, including elected and appointed officials at the federal level and also for the vast majority of similar positions filled at a state level.

If both are true, which I fully believe... then the problem is not the choice of which puppet you're watching/hearing, it's a problem with the puppeteer. Asking them to show you more information about the puppet or to continue the show with a different puppet seems strange.

Can anyone tell me if I'm wrong in the reasoning here? These statements typically get ignored because they don't involve choosing a team, but I'm not going to cheer-lead one puppet or another.
    jdbii likes this.
    06-06-2013 03:36 PM
    06-06-2013 03:54 PM
    There is a difference between the Office of the Presidency and the puppet wearing the hat. I'm saying the person is useless, regardless of what color jersey they wear. They're an amplifier.
    06-06-2013 03:57 PM
    Can anyone tell me if I'm wrong in the reasoning here? These statements typically get ignored because they don't involve choosing a team, but I'm not going to cheer-lead one puppet or another.
    But we were encouraged to choose sides on the ice cream thread.

jdbii and Aquila like this.
    06-06-2013 05:02 PM
    Combing through various Wikipedia articles, I can confirm that there are some, but I haven't found anywhere near 54. The number I see repeatedly is closer to a dozen. According to this: List of attacks on diplomatic missions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia were 9 between 2002 and 2008 and have been 7 since then, however it states, "The following is a list of attacks on diplomatic buildings (embassies, consulates) anywhere in the world. The list does not include attacks on individuals outside or inside an embassy, such as assassinations of ambassadors, or incidents such as letter bombs to individuals, as occurred at the embassy of Israel in London in 1972."

Terrorist attacks on U.S. diplomatic facilities - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia indicates 12 attacks with 39 casualties during the 2002 to 2008 period, with 3 attacks and 13 casualties since that time and measures terrorist attacks on US embassies, but it says it's not a comprehensive list.

Either way the picture was wrong, because it says 54:1 and no matter how you slice it, there are more than 1 in the new administration and it seems like there are far less than 54 in the previous administration.

I'm not exactly sure what the number of times we're attacked measures. How we handle it is what caused it seem like more important things to figure out.
    Great research, NothingIsTrue. However, it specifically said" 54 embassies." But thanks for the information, because I actually learned something.
    06-06-2013 06:17 PM
    Great research, NothingIsTrue. However, it specifically said" 54 embassies." But thanks for the information, because I actually learned something.
    Oh, so not just american embassies? What a random number. I think the cartoon is making a different point than the numbers, but they shouldn't use the numbers when they're so easily disprovable.
    06-06-2013 06:21 PM
    I couldn't care less about his name, it's his politics, policies that I find dangerous. Yet if at any time we actually question his background, experience, or even education we find those records sealed, then we get called a racist for raising the issue in the first place.

The only people that don't want to disclose the truth, are people with something to hide, honestly the more and more scandals that are exposed the more and more people are going to wake up to what is actually happening here.
    Precisely. Anyone who did not vote for him is a racist. Hell, I did not vote for the incompetent in chief, but I am damn sure not a racist!

This is the part that I don't fully understand.

2 statements: (3rd for logical next step)
    1. The President has very little real power and is more of a puppet than anything else.
    2. There is no difference between one puppet or another, aside from how their painted and the voice they read the script in. Same hands fill both socks.
    Yes, but when Bush was president everything was, and still is, his fault. Now that obama is president, it's the Republican house's fault. What about the Democrat senate?

There is a difference between the Office of the Presidency and the puppet wearing the hat. I'm saying the person is useless, regardless of what color jersey they wear. They're an amplifier.
    Except for those that wear the blue jersey continue to blame the one that wore the red jersey. And keep in mind he hasn't been in office for over five years...
    06-06-2013 06:22 PM
    Precisely. Anyone who did not vote for him is a racist. Hell, I did not vote for the incompetent in chief, but I am damn sure not a racist!

Yes, but when Bush was president everything was, and still is, his fault. Now that obama is president, it's the Republican house's fault. What about the Democrat senate?

Except for those that wear the blue jersey continue to blame the one that wore the red jersey. And keep in mind he hasn't been in office for over five years...
    That's public perception nonsense. I'm trying to make the distinction between they myth and the reality. I don't believe Bush is to blame for much of anything, I believe he's roughly useless. I don't believe Obama is to blame for much of anything, I believe he's roughly useless. It's stupid to blame Obama for Bush's mistake or Bush for Obama's mistakes or that the mistakes are actually theirs. Check out the red vs blue thread for my vantage on this, but my opinion is that blaming any President for anything they don't directly do is a mistake.
    06-06-2013 06:36 PM
65 123