06-07-2013 08:40 PM
65 123
tools
    * Benghazi

* IRS

* AP phone records

Just mountains out of molehills?

Or is there fire beneath the smoke and should these be major issues?

05-29-2013 09:09 AM
    1) Benghazi was months ago, took place in a foreign country, and very few Americans actually died (3 or so if I remember correctly). Compare it to 9/11 and there is really nothing to complain about.

2) I agree that what the it's did was wrong on lots of levels, and they do have a right to protest it.

3) I thought the AP was a liberal organization. Why would the republicans be upset about it?

Imho they are just looking for ways to discredit Obamas presidency, it seems they are still sore that their candidate lost. What really should be addressed is our national debt. What is it now, 17trillion? With the majority of that debt owed to China/India if either pull out of our economy, we are royally screwed.

If I remember correctly from ap history. Bill Clinton (a democrat) was the only president who actually had us in a surplus because we weren't in deficit spending mode. As soon as the Bushes took over they destroyed it and switched right back. Historically that's been every republicans plan for the economy, deficit spending.

Personally I side with Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, and believe that there should not be political parties in government at all.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    05-29-2013 10:56 AM
    3) I thought the AP was a liberal organization. Why would the republicans be upset about it?
    *Fixed (Questions rephrased)

05-29-2013 12:22 PM
    * Benghazi
    100% non-issue. Lets move on.

* IRS
    Definitely continue the investigation... slap some hands, fire those responsible, when it comes to "the administration", if there isn't a link there, don't create one.

* AP phone records
    This is the one I'd be most concerned about, but everything that was done was apparently legal already. What it actually does is erodes trust in media sources. There is good news! We shouldn't trust "the media" or their sources anyways. We do need a free press that asks hard questions of our culture. What we have are propaganda arms for the normalization of fascism (government in bed with corporations) as status quo.

All three of these really seem like off-week plot lines from a horribly scripted reality TV show.

What really should be addressed is our national debt.
    Agree, but not just our monetary debt. We're ridiculously behind the curve on education and cultural growth. If we want to lead the future of freedom, innovation and liberty, perhaps we should start acting like we value humanity and get over this need to yell "boogeyman" every time someone with a different political party, haircut, skin color, gender or "offensive" t-shirt walks in the room.

This is an issue of governance where we absolutely need to focus. Most of these "issues" that they spend so much time breathing words into should be answered with a simple, "the federal government doesn't care, of course that's legal". It'd be refreshing to hear someone say, "lets get a handle on infrastructure, foreign policy and economic policy, cancel the debt and focus on 5 or 6 goals that have the distinction of it being true when we say, 'if we screw this up, nothing else matters'. In addition to trimming our government down to a lean and mean champion of the people, we promote education, and instead of fighting about gun control or drug abuse, etc. since those are all symptoms, lets tackle their causes: poverty and apathy." In my mind the only thing preventing us from moving forward is attitude.

I ... believe that there should not be political parties in government at all.
    Yep. At least, certainly not the ones we have now... you can have the slave of the corporations party that wants to destroy America from the inside by creating class divisions and exploiting the poorest citizens or you can have the slave of the corporations party that wants to destroy America from the inside by creating class divisions and exploiting the poorest citizens, but sounds slightly different when they say it. Guess that's what happens when you let banks choose who the candidates will be and then let the public decide between them.
    05-29-2013 03:11 PM
    To illustrate how destroyed our priorities are... ( I haven't verified these numbers, looking at something someone on Facebook shared, but assuming it's half of one and double the other, the point still stands) in 2011 4,609 Americans were killed in Workplace Accidents; 17 were killed by Terrorists. Over the decade ending in 2011, we spent over $1 trillion on the war on Terror. Imagine that 271:1 ratio in spending if we treated regulating workplace safety with the same import as terrorism... and which one do we hear about every day versus once or twice per year?
    05-29-2013 03:21 PM
    To illustrate how destroyed our priorities are... ( I haven't verified these numbers, looking at something someone on Facebook shared, but assuming it's half of one and double the other, the point still stands) in 2011 4,609 Americans were killed in Workplace Accidents; 17 were killed by Terrorists. Over the decade ending in 2011, we spent over $1 trillion on the war on Terror. Imagine that 271:1 ratio in spending if we treated regulating workplace safety with the same import as terrorism... and which one do we hear about every day versus once or twice per year?
    Workplace accidents are accidents, keyword *accidents*. Terrorism is "people" plotting to maim and/or kill us and our families, no matter where you are, no matter what you're doing.
    Aquila likes this.
    05-29-2013 03:26 PM
    And with readily accessible dirty bombs, those miniscule terrorism stats you posted will, in time, jump exponentially if not thwarted beforehand.

05-29-2013 03:31 PM
    Workplace accidents are accidents, keyword *accidents*. Terrorism is "people" plotting to maim and/or kill us and our families, no matter where you are, no matter what you're doing.
    True, and it could also be said that the 17 is so low because of the average of $100 billion annual investment being very successful... I don't 100% buy it, but I don't doubt the numbers would be higher were we not to invest in it. Still, to the survivors, the deceased is deceased, regardless of whether it's due to negligence, malice or a combination of both.
    05-29-2013 03:33 PM
    * Benghazi

* IRS

* AP phone records

Just mountains out of molehills?

Or is there fire beneath the smoke and should these be major issues?

Yup.. mountains out of molehills in a desperate attempt to affect the mid term elections, or things that are discussing the wrong issue.

Benghazi - While it is terrible people died, the right tends to want to focus on Sunday morning show talking points than to zero in on why a diplomat was in such a low secured place to begin with. And it's also interesting that in all the many embassy incidents of the past, no one on the right made much of a fuss. So why now? Just politics as far as I can see.

IRS - The real scandal here is that the IRS hasn't been doing things right for over 50 years when the rules were changed without congressional approval. The law as written states that IRC 501(c)(4) provides for exemption of: Civic leagues or organizations not organized for profit but operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare. (emphasis is mine). But along the way, without congressional approval, the exclusively word was changed to primarily. So for over 5 decades, under numerous administrations, the IRS has been violating law as written.

O’Donnell reminds politicians of the real IRS scandal

AP Phone records - I don't see any laws violated here so far. Although it is clear Holder is lying when he says what he knew vs. didn't know on things. That's the real scandal here.
    05-30-2013 02:56 PM
    Benghazi, the deaths of American Citizens in a foreign land serving this country is NEVER a non issue.
    TheLibertarian likes this.
    05-31-2013 02:59 AM
    Benghazi, the deaths of American Citizens in a foreign land serving this country is NEVER a non issue.
    That is true, but not what I'm saying is not an issue. I'm saying the scandal is blown way out of proportion; not that we shouldn't react to the attack.
    05-31-2013 03:00 AM
    That is true, but not what I'm saying is not an issue. I'm saying the scandal is blown way out of proportion; not that we shouldn't react to the attack.
    I think as Americans we have a right to know where the president was the night of the attack, all they have said so far is that he was in the white house and incapacitated. Why did he take off the next day for a fund raiser when he should have been addressing the attack.

Initially we were told the white house, state dept only changed the "talking points" to clarify the difference between a consulate and a mission. Recently we found out there were 12 drafts and they were heavily edited and changed.

I think there is a lot more being hidden in order to cover peoples backsides, and the only way to get to the truth is to keep going.

Certainly the people that carried out the attack, then raped and murdered our citizens should pay the ultimate price. But those in our government that failed to act need to be held responsible as well.
    05-31-2013 03:13 AM
    Hey, all they have said is he went to his residence, nothing stating he stayed there!

Sent from the Samsung 10.1 Note.
    05-31-2013 03:17 AM
    I think as Americans we have a right to know where the president was the night of the attack, all they have said so far is that he was in the white house and incapacitated. Why did he take off the next day for a fund raiser when he should have been addressing the attack.

Initially we were told the white house, state dept only changed the "talking points" to clarify the difference between a consulate and a mission. Recently we found out there were 12 drafts and they were heavily edited and changed.

I think there is a lot more being hidden in order to cover peoples backsides, and the only way to get to the truth is to keep going.

Certainly the people that carried out the attack, then raped and murdered our citizens should pay the ultimate price. But those in our government that failed to act need to be held responsible as well.
    I think you know I'm not going to make excuses, not for corruption nor incompetence, but I'm going to refocus. We've done this enough times. You know it's going to be long. I'm drunk and I'm in a very dark place and might not be coming back for this one. You know I'm not trying to be disrespectful, so please bear that in mind.

In my mind, this is just another symptom of the decay, not the cause. The problem is clearly that the government doesn't feel subservient to the People and feels either entitled or obligated to lie about it's activities. While treating symptoms may make a patient or a country feel a little better, all you're doing is masking the pain, not curing the ailment. The People hold the antidote, but they're still asleep.

I'd like you to read post #3 on this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/pol...fe-terror.html

President Obama isn't the enemy, he's not even the real symptom. He's the false messages sent to the brain by some malevolent cancer that has invaded the body in every major system. He's a distraction. The cancer is fear. Fear and ignorance. The President is just a guy on a reality TV show called politics that happens to show up every week. Turn off the channel. Look past the charade and come on this journey with me for a minute.

The President doesn't matter, nor the news nor the Superbowl, Android versus Apple.. none of this is real and none of this is right. This is all the trick played on our senses to pervert our priorities. What matters is that the People cry out with the righteous fury of freemen who will not be subjugated by the mechanisms of base manipulations. This is a game they have practice at and most people willingly play, barely bemoaning the outrage. We need them to wake up. And after they let out their war cry; they need to exhale... we don't need to fight this enemy, we can simply ignore it. They're not worth our time to debate or combat, they're irrelevant, replaceable and worthy not even of contempt.

Damn, I know it hurts when people die, people we respect and put out as our shield against the deluge of intolerance, our friends our families... but we can't beat them in a fight, not fighting their way. They're not going to stop killing people and it's never not going to hurt.

Fear is their weapon and they will wield it with a practiced and cold blooded hand. Slavery, murder and mayhem are it's blades, poverty, ignorance and turning us against each other are the poisons coating the steel. They want you angry, because if you're angry you'll fight on their battlefield with the methods they choose for you and by the rules they construct, knowing that they control the board and are except from those rules. If you fight their way, you will die, you will lose and nothing will be accomplished. Don't throw it away; we have something they can't conceive of except for in carefully constructed poetic lip-service paid in the form of sound-bytes. We have the truth; we have compassion and if we wake up, we have the indomitable spirit that is needed to be free. Fear is their weapon, and it is useless against the reasoned mind when that mind is United with the legions of communities, yearning to spread liberty and prosperity to the corners of the Earth.

yada yda you get the point. So much for the rabbit hole.
    05-31-2013 04:31 AM
    05-31-2013 04:37 AM
    NothingIsTrue, I love the way you write and think.

We need more people like you; not only on this forum, but on this PLANET.

Live2ride883 likes this.
    05-31-2013 05:04 AM
    ... And Live2ride883, I feel your pain too.

I do.

Live2ride883 and Aquila like this.
    05-31-2013 05:15 AM
    NothingIsTrue, I love the way you write and think.

We need more people like you; not only on this forum, but on this PLANET.
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/31/abeju3ym.jpg

In this I agree 100%
    05-31-2013 09:57 AM

- - - Updated - - -

05-31-2013 03:44 PM
    I think as Americans we have a right to know where the president was the night of the attack, all they have said so far is that he was in the white house and incapacitated.
    Incapacitated??? Do you have a source for that? One that's not an Alex Jones type right wing crazy blog??
    05-31-2013 06:19 PM
    Incapacitated??? Do you have a source for that? One that's not an Alex Jones type right wing crazy blog??
    It wasn't an Alex Jones type, it was out just after Dan Pfeiffer made his last round of appearances on the Sunday morning talk shows. I read an article that said he was incapacitated, I am looking for it now though.

Here's a link to his appearance on Fox:
    Obama Aide: 'Irrelevant Fact' Where President Was During Benghazi Attacks | The Weekly Standard
    05-31-2013 08:44 PM
    1) Benghazi was months ago, took place in a foreign country, and very few Americans actually died (3 or so if I remember correctly). Compare it to 9/11 and there is really nothing to complain about.

2) I agree that what the it's did was wrong on lots of levels, and they do have a right to protest it.

Imho they are just looking for ways to discredit Obamas presidency, it seems they are still sore that their candidate lost. What really should be addressed is our national debt. What is it now, 17trillion? With the majority of that debt owed to China/India if either pull out of our economy, we are royally screwed.

If I remember correctly from ap history. Bill Clinton (a democrat) was the only president who actually had us in a surplus because we weren't in deficit spending mode. As soon as the Bushes took over they destroyed it and switched right back. Historically that's been every republicans plan for the economy, deficit spending.

Personally I side with Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, and believe that there should not be political parties in government at all.

Yikes.

Benghazi is a major issue... I cannot comprehend how certain liberal politicians, and yourself, dismiss this event merely because it's already happened and over with.

Our debt is largely owed to ourself. You may want to educate yourself on our debts. China is the largest foreign party the U.S. owes money to, sure, but China has been victimized far too often as the culprit of our financial issues.

Benghazi and the IRS incidents are scary are incredibly worrisome. The fact that you would accuse the GOP of trying to smear Obama's name rather then give thought to the issues they are raising tells me all I need to know about your political education.

It's unfortunate I'm posting from my phone... So much more to say after I finish shaking my head.
    met.watts likes this.
    05-31-2013 08:59 PM
    Yikes.

Benghazi is a major issue... I cannot comprehend how certain liberal politicians, and yourself, dismiss this event merely because it's already happened and over with.

Our debt is largely owed to ourself. You may want to educate yourself on our debts. China is the largest foreign party the U.S. owes money to, sure, but China has been victimized far too often as the culprit of our financial issues.

Benghazi and the IRS incidents are scary are incredibly worrisome. The fact that you would accuse the GOP of trying to smear Obama's name rather then give thought to the issues they are raising tells me all I need to know about your political education.

It's unfortunate I'm posting from my phone... So much more to say after I finish shaking my head.
    I'm sorry your upset about my political education, I grew up in a family where, I was told to never vote republican, that they are lying swindling snakes only out to steal money from the good people who work for it, and I still believe that sentiment today. I'm not saying democrat is any better, when I vote, I vote independent.

I never said benghazi and the IRS weren't major issues (I mean come on, the chief of the IRS resigned) even a blind man could see that. I just don't see why they are generating all the hype about Benghazi, it's over and done with, they are just beating a dead horse at this point. For one thing g why was a us embassy in such an unsecure area in the first place? They are clearly blaming Obama for this happening. Would they be so quick to chastise their own president, had it happened during his or her own term? I think not.

As for our debt, you can't borrow money from your own citizens (okay maybe you can, if they're wealthy enough). And I am not blaming or being condescending to China. What I stated is the simple truth agree with it or not. I just saw an article, that said with the way China is going they will surpass our gdp in about 5 years. I'm actually proud of them, it's not easy to build and maintain such a stable economy under the iron grip of an authoritarian government.

I know that most of our debt is generated from our own citizens, that the majority comes from social security and welfare, but where do you think the government gets the money to pay for it, they certainly can't print more as that would cause inflation to skyrocket. Look at how easy it is to get in welfare (I'm not going to discriminate by providing examples) but trust me on this, I'm certain your family didn't have to live under poverty most of your childhood, unlike mine (which I'm not blaming). Our bills come out to $1200 every month, and at the end of it we only have roughly $20 left. Welfare doesn't help people that need it, they help people that pop out baby's left and right and drive around Cadillacs with iPhones, that live in hud housing and don't pay any rent/utilities. I have a lot of reasons to be mad with the government, particularly welfare (which needs reformed).

Hopefully now that I've given you some more insight into my life, you can understand my viewpoints a little better. Instead of condescending me on a international forum and calling me an *****.

06-01-2013 08:55 AM
    I grew up in a family where, I was told to never vote republican, that they are lying swindling snakes only out to steal money from the good people who work for it, and I still believe that sentiment today. I'm not saying democrat is any better, when I vote, I vote independent.
    Oh boy.
    06-01-2013 09:42 AM
    Oh boy.
    Really that's your only comment, care to elaborate a bit more, you seem to have caught my attention? The number one influence in your political affiliations IS your family.

06-01-2013 10:31 AM
65 123