And Land.

Sorry, had to use poetic license to make the thread title "jump".

The THREE ROOT CAUSES of War (imo) are (in no particular order) :

* Money
    * Land
    * Religion

I actually think Money and Land can be chalked up to Greed, but let's just ride with this for a second...

MONEY - If there was no need for money, just imagine the percentage of the world's problems that would disappear. This can be a thread in and of itself, but why can't somebody think of a way to eliminate this 'root of all evil'?

LAND - What if the world was composed of one universal "Country"? No borders, no turf disputes. Natural resources available to anyone from anywhere, instead of through some geographical advantage?

RELIGION - Right now, people hate and kill other people just because they don't believe in God the same way, or think their God is THE God to worship; or just think that all those "God-fearing" people are hypocritical jackhammers. If it weren't for Religion, the prospect of war would drop exponentially.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this thread, but isn't it pretty clear that there are only a couple reasons why this world is the way it is?

jdbii and Aquila like this.
    06-03-2013 05:43 PM
    My Predictable Spin....

Money and Land are the same thing, yes... Greed is a good word. Greed is a form of fear, fear of scarcity, fear of irrelevance, ego...
    Religion (don't shoot the messenger) is a fear of knowledge. A way of maintaining power, of controlling resources... it's Greed, it's ego...

Ignorance leads to Fear. Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering! Suffering leads to Vengeance! Vengeance leads to Obsession! Obsession leads to Delusion! Delusion leads to Ignorance!

I don't agree with a lot of the suppositions in this, but check out Zeitgeist Moving Forward (it's the third in a series, watching the first two helps, but not necessary). All three are available on Netflix, and I'm pretty sure full versions are on YouTube for those who don't have Netflix. It speaks of a resource based economic model that would deal with these issues in one way. That's not the only way, but I think most of the world should be thinking about these problems.

We do live in a world of abundance, where the idea that everyone has to "work" for a "living" is absurd, where anyone starving is absurd and where our culture of crime, fear and ignorance is a slap in the face to the integrity of our ideals of equality and liberty. Our focus should ultimately be on the optimization and automation of redundant processes and maximizing resources gained via minimal resources consumed. Thus freeing the majority of people free to advance knowledge, mastery of crafts and innovation.
    jdbii likes this.
    06-03-2013 06:03 PM
    Should add oil but that wraps up with land, money and greed
    Sorry had to add Dave, when he is George Bush...
    - Is it true your only in Iraq for the oil?
    Dave ***** are you cooking?
    *smacks water off the table and runs*
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e12_1353810114
    06-04-2013 09:03 AM
    I'd rather not get started with this topic.

But I'll leave you with a quote from the fallout series. "War, war never changes".

I think it's partially because governments glorify war. They tell you it's good to go fight and die for your country. What they don't tell you and what you have to figure out for yourself, is that you are oftentimes fighting a war that a politician caused, for one reason or another.

I guess it really depends if you can take another human life or not, just because your job tells you to. I mean those people you killed could have a wife or wives and children just like you, not to mention their parents and siblings. By killing them, their family will never see them again. Wouldn't all of that killing engrain into your mind eventually?

Not to drag the bible into this, but if you believe the story behind Adam and eve starting humanity, then every single one of us is interconnected, so it's really like you are killing your extended family. Another point from the Bible, isn't murder the worst sin you can commit? Yet governments use the excuse, "Oh your fighting for your country, so it's okay." They tell you it's okay to murder thousands all in the name of some pointless ideal.

Okay I'm done, I've made my point and will make no more.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    msndrstood and jdbii like this.
    06-04-2013 09:39 AM
    I'd rather not get started with this topic.

But I'll leave you with a quote from the fallout series. "War, war never changes".

I think it's partially because governments glorify war. They tell you it's good to go fight and die for your country. What they don't tell you and what you have to figure out for yourself, is that you are oftentimes fighting a war that a politician caused, for one reason or another.

I guess it really depends if you can take another human life or not, just because your job tells you to. I mean those people you killed could have a wife or wives and children just like you, not to mention their parents and siblings. By killing them, their family will never see them again. Wouldn't all of that killing engrain into your mind eventually?

Not to drag the bible into this, but if you believe the story behind Adam and eve starting humanity, then every single one of us is interconnected, so it's really like you are killing your extended family. Another point from the Bible, isn't murder the worst sin you can commit? Yet governments use the excuse, "Oh your fighting for your country, so it's okay." They tell you it's okay to murder thousands all in the name of some pointless ideal.

Okay I'm done, I've made my point and will make no more.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I like where you're going with this, please don't hesitate to add more. :thumbup:

I think signatures are stupid.
    06-06-2013 12:15 PM
    You're trying to get me in trouble again, aren't you?

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    06-06-2013 12:18 PM
    You're trying to get me in trouble again, aren't you?

via Gnex
    Who... me?

06-06-2013 12:23 PM
    Who... me?

You're an instigator. And very good at it.

via Gnex
    06-06-2013 12:24 PM
    You're an instigator. And very good at it.

via Gnex
    I know.

06-06-2013 12:26 PM
    Lets figure out what causes STUPID and declare war on that.
    msndrstood and jdbii like this.
    06-06-2013 02:57 PM
    Found it -

Aquila and jdbii like this.
    06-06-2013 06:44 PM
    Remember this?

06-06-2013 06:56 PM
    And Land.

Sorry, had to use poetic license to make the thread title "jump".

The THREE ROOT CAUSES of War (imo) are (in no particular order) :

* Money
    * Land
    * Religion

I actually think Money and Land can be chalked up to Greed, but let's just ride with this for a second...

MONEY - If there was no need for money, just imagine the percentage of the world's problems that would disappear. This can be a thread in and of itself, but why can't somebody think of a way to eliminate this 'root of all evil'?

LAND - What if the world was composed of one universal "Country"? No borders, no turf disputes. Natural resources available to anyone from anywhere, instead of through some geographical advantage?

RELIGION - Right now, people hate and kill other people just because they don't believe in God the same way, or think their God is THE God to worship; or just think that all those "God-fearing" people are hypocritical jackhammers. If it weren't for Religion, the prospect of war would drop exponentially.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this thread, but isn't it pretty clear that there are only a couple reasons why this world is the way it is?

I believe that eventually there will be a war over a clean water supply.
    Here here!
    06-06-2013 07:01 PM
    Remember this?
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/07/sutehy5u.jpg

06-06-2013 07:07 PM

jdbii, Aquila and msndrstood like this.
    06-07-2013 04:30 PM
    Really?? Only one thanks for that? lol lol

I actually liked Bush, but this picture cracks me up EVERY time i see it.

Aquila likes this.
    06-07-2013 05:42 PM
    lol, thanks Matt

06-07-2013 06:01 PM