07-06-2013 11:24 PM
34 12
tools
    Yes I see a very big distinction between the red team and the blue team.

The Blue Team:

1. The blue team wants to help other people, lend a helping hand (yes it does extend too far sometimes), and in general make things better for poorer people, people without insurance, etc. etc.
    2. The blue team understands that everyone should have equality. That rights should be for all, not just some.
    3. The blue team seems to be mostly pro-choice or (like me) not in favor of them, but at least understand that banning abortions just makes women resort to coat hangers in a back alley somewhere.
    4. The blue team spends money like a drunken sailor, but doesn't claim to be fiscally conservative either.

The Red Team

1. The red team thinks people should mostly be on their own. Fall on hard times, run out of assistance? Sucks to be you.
    2. The red team's official party platform is one of discrimination. Certain people should be able to marry whom they love, others should not. They claim to be a big tent inclusive party, but they go out of their way to alienate gays, hispanics, women...lots of different groups.
    3. Red team is anti-choice. And for all their claim of smaller government, when it comes to this issue they want government even MORE involved...right into the doctors office.
    4. Red team spends money like a drunken sailor, but pretends it doesn't.

As an additional point, I would say the red team has more crazy politicians then the blue team does.

So are their similarities? Of course! But even hypothetically these teams are not cut from the same cloth. There are real differences, some of which I outlined above. Which is why I am a proud member of the blue team. Because I don't believe in discrimination against other people's rights. I don't believe voting on other people's marriages. And while I am not in favor of abortions, I know that banning them before solved nothing. Is it a perfect team? OH HELL NO. But of the two, it reflects my values better.
    Great points on the blue team's perspective... what I'm trying to say is that the people in charge don't share those values. The party might and the members of the party almost certainly do, but that has very little or no influence on those that are actually steering the leadership. They're not following phone calls or votes, or polls, etc. other than in an very sick and twisted way to reshape the propaganda.

The average card carrying member of each party for sure does have a set of values that are hopefully similar to the rest of their team; I'm not denying that.
    msndrstood and jdbii like this.
    06-07-2013 08:34 PM
    Great points on the blue team's perspective... what I'm trying to say is that the people in charge don't share those values.
    On what basis do you make that claim though? You really don't think Obama is in favor of equality? I believe he is. Conversely I believe that our last President really was against it.
    06-08-2013 01:16 PM
    On what basis do you make that claim though? You really don't think Obama is in favor of equality? I believe he is. Conversely I believe that our last President really was against it.
    I have no idea what they personally believe, we only know a highly spun and calculated version of what they say and what they do. What they say has nothing to do with what they actually do.
    06-08-2013 01:22 PM
    I have no idea what they personally believe, we only know a highly spun and calculated version of what they say and what they do. What they say has nothing to do with what they actually do.
    I both agree and disagree with you...What Obama was saying at the beginning of his Presidency was not in line with his actions when it comes to same sex marriage. What he says and does now is congruent.
    06-17-2013 12:41 PM
    Further discriminatory comments will result in more bannings.
    Where was the racist topic? I actually didn't see any.
    This is the exact opposite of the point of this thread. I thought the 3D glasses analogy would have worked for someone. Sorry
    I liked the 3D analogy. Bonus points to you, nit.
    Nothing you did, no need to apologize.

But I know everyone understands that we can not have that sort of posting going on here.
    I agree, racism is unacceptable in all instances.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-01-2013 07:24 PM
    07-02-2013 02:56 AM
    What team am I?

Hint: not this one

Red Team vs Blue Team  - TL:DR-1373160471006.jpg

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    07-06-2013 08:27 PM
    What team am I?

Hint: not this one

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1373160471006.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	73197

Instead of colored flags we should have differently colored lightsabers.
    07-06-2013 10:41 PM
    Instead of colored flags we should have differently colored lightsabers.
    Heh heh lol

07-06-2013 11:24 PM
34 12