06-26-2013 03:22 PM
81 1234
tools
    If you don't care for the topic of conversation, don't post. No one is making you read or respond.
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    06-07-2013 07:03 PM
    Yawn...so what.

From my LG Optimus G E970
    Pretty much, I'm sure that AT&T and the others are doing the same thing.
    06-07-2013 07:08 PM
    If you don't care for the topic of conversation, don't post. No one is making you read or respond.
    I have no issue with topic. "Yawn" equates to apathy. That is my opinion of this issue. I just don't prescribe to paranoia regarding "Big Brother". There is simply nothing in my digital life that is more important than my physical one. Let them listen in and gather away.

If it keeps a bomb from going off in my son's school....

Aquila, rexxman and msndrstood like this.
    06-07-2013 07:11 PM
    I have no issue with topic. "Yawn" equates to apathy. That is my opinion of this issue. I just don't prescribe to paranoia regarding "Big Brother". There is simply nothing in my digital life that is more important than my physical one. Let them listen in and gather away.

Now that you describe it like that, I apologize. Many people take "yawn" in a rather rude way. Sorry for jumping to assumptions.
    rexxman and msndrstood like this.
    06-07-2013 07:14 PM
    Now that you describe it like that, I apologize. Many people take "yawn" in a rather rude way. Sorry for jumping to assumptions.
    So now i should "unthank" you? :banghead:

I think signatures are stupid.
    jdbii likes this.
    06-07-2013 07:20 PM

It's a small price to pay for safety.
    RenoD2010 likes this.
    06-07-2013 07:23 PM
    So now i should "unthank" you? :banghead:

If you want I have no issue with apologizing to a user once they explain themselves, and I very much appreciate the calm and polite way in which he did.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.
    Aquila likes this.
    06-07-2013 07:23 PM
    I've seen your other posts. You're feisty (like my wife-god help me) it's not your fault.

rexxman and Jennifer Stough like this.
    06-07-2013 07:43 PM
    06-07-2013 07:50 PM
    If you want I have no issue with apologizing to a user once they explain themselves, and I very much appreciate the calm and polite way in which he did.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.
    You're doing this job very well, you're a natural at this. :thumbup:

06-07-2013 07:54 PM
    I've seen your other posts. You're feisty (like my wife-god help me) it's not your fault.

Must be a woman thing

Aquila and Fairclough like this.
    06-07-2013 08:01 PM
    The story in this video starts around 1:38 in.

Michelle Malkin on NSA Collecting Verizon Phone Records of Americans | Fox News Insider.

More information can be found here.

Michelle Malkin |
    ]
    Michelle Malkin is so blinded by her political bias that she's hardly someone to listen to for an objective or reasonable point of view. She actually thinks the snooping was okay under Bush, but not Obama. Unfreaking believable. Either they both are not okay, or they both are.

It is a complicated issue though. How much privacy are we willing to give up in the name of security? If is stops a mass shooting is is okay? How about if it stops a chemical gassing of a subway? Or a nuke of a city? Personally I am okay with what they are doing now. It's not much different then the security cams out on the street everywhere. But I do worry about what door it opens in the future. And I know they have been building a massive complex in Utah (I think) that will no doubt breach our privacy even more. Although the fussing this week has been funny to me. None of this comes as any surprise to me and it shouldn't have to anyone else either. I always thought the Government was doing this all along. Hell, I am sure they were eavesdropping on phone calls long before the internet came along.
    06-08-2013 01:12 PM
    How much privacy are we willing to give up in the name of security?
    Without a warrant signed in public court for explicit reasons? None

If is stops a mass shooting is is okay?
    No.

How about if it stops a chemical gassing of a subway? Or a nuke of a city?
    Still no.

I'm 100% okay with them doing surveilance, but I think they need to get a warrant that specifies why, for every single person and type of media, they need it, and it needs to be signed by a judge in public. They don't need to tell me if they're reading my e-mail, but it needs to be in a warrant that's specific to me and lists the reasons why, and exactly what they're looking for in what format, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I also assumed, that of course they've been reading e-mails, txts, etc since they came into existence.
    ludesleep likes this.
    06-08-2013 01:32 PM

No.

Still no.

I'm 100% okay with them doing surveilance, but I think they need to get a warrant that specifies why, for every single person and type of media, they need it, and it needs to be signed by a judge in public. They don't need to tell me if they're reading my e-mail, but it needs to be in a warrant that's specific to me and lists the reasons why, and exactly what they're looking for in what format, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I also assumed, that of course they've been reading e-mails, txts, etc since they came into existence.
    Hmm.. interesting...

06-08-2013 02:24 PM
    umm.. uh... Wallaby..

06-08-2013 02:57 PM
    umm.. uh... Wallaby..

06-08-2013 06:21 PM
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    06-08-2013 07:21 PM
    I think the vast majority of Americans care deeply about the Bill of Rights, not just the gun-toting ones.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-09-2013 12:08 PM
    Cute Kangaroo. I think no one should have anything to fear if there not a terrorist. Realistically all servers would be tapped not just Verizon because it's not like all terrorists are Verizon users.

Secondly what should be the punishment for snow for leaking the documents? Personally a goal (jail) sentence I believe is in order. What's the point of having a "secret" service if all the secrets are leaked.

06-09-2013 06:20 PM
    . I think no one should have anything to fear if there not a terrorist.
    That's pretty much the opposite sentiment of that under which we permit our government to operate. Innocent until proven guilty and protection from random searches, etc. without valid probable cause (ie. that which can impress a grand jury) are very respected and integral pillars of the relationship. Searching everyone's information, just in case they might be doing something wrong, is highly in violation of the contract. I understand how that could be useful, but it is wrong.

Even if it catches one terrorist and prevents a million deaths, the betrayal of their Oath of Office is not worth the trade off. If they go through proper channels, get a warrant, I have no issues with them collecting information to try to prevent crimes, mayhem, etc. But we have a Constitution for a reason, and it's not a weapon for them to use against us, it's a shield for us to use against them.

Originally Posted by GadgetGator
    How much privacy are we willing to give up in the name of security?

met.watts and Bratigan like this.
    06-09-2013 06:47 PM
    I think no one should have anything to fear if there not a terrorist.
    After working in a field where any cop with a chip on his shoulder can and will write up a citation for me doing something wrong simply for the money even if nothing was wrong... And where a warning ticket holds the same weight as an actual citation with no due process to dispute it or its effects... Where a ticket that has been thrown out by a judge can stay on my record anyway... I beg to differ on your statement. I'm sure there are plenty of 501C 3 and 4 organizations recently that would beg to differ too.
    06-09-2013 08:09 PM
    Snowden is an American Hero
    06-09-2013 09:09 PM
    I think no one should have anything to fear if there not a terrorist.

You should watch this video.

YouTube
    06-10-2013 09:51 AM
    Snowden is an American Hero
    When I try to watch the video you posted it comes up as private.
    ludesleep likes this.
    06-10-2013 09:58 AM
    Fixed
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    06-10-2013 10:29 AM
81 1234