06-30-2014 01:17 AM
1,813 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    I would say that 6000 years is probably a good estimate, going by timelines in the Bible.
    Are you serious? Really, serious?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Fairclough likes this.
    07-01-2013 09:03 AM
    Wow, everybody -
    Hustleman is obviously not white, he's a minority and he's against gay marriage!

Isn't that making your heads explode?

Sent from Hotlanta via New Yawk

what does my ethnicity have to do with it?

It's a lot of black people against it.
    07-01-2013 09:11 AM
    what does my ethnicity have to do with it?

It's a lot of black people against it.
    I know that alot of black people are against it; my wife is too.

All the bait words, such as minorities, hate, discrimination, racist etc etc were literally thrown at people that are against gay marriage in this thread. So, i was trying to counter them by showing that they have no idea what their inflammatory words mean.

07-01-2013 09:21 AM

All the bait words, such as minorities, hate, discrimination, racist etc etc were literally thrown at people that are against gay marriage in this thread. So, i was trying to counter them by showing that they have no idea what their inflammatory words mean.

Yeah, ethnicity has nothing to do with opinion on same sex marriage.

Contrary to popular belief lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    07-01-2013 09:42 AM
    Yeah, ethnicity has nothing to do with opinion on same sex marriage.

Nope, nothing at all.

07-01-2013 09:46 AM

It is discrimation no matter how you try to spin it. Explain how it is not then. By the way you have made this whole thread more of a race issue than anybody else. You even brought Hustleman's race into it as your first response.
    Jennifer Stough and return_0 like this.
    07-01-2013 09:51 AM
    I never said anything like that.

I'm merely against same sex marriage.

Marriage is supposed to be for a man and a woman, period.

If someone is gay so be it, give them their rights, but not in the form of marriage

Lol. "You can have equal rights. Just not this, this, or this one."

That's the biggest crock I've ever heard. If you start taking away rights, which right is too far?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    msndrstood, gnr_2 and GadgetGator like this.
    07-01-2013 10:01 AM
    It is discrimation no matter how you try to spin it. Explain how it is not then. By the way you have made this whole thread more of a race issue than anybody else. You even brought Hustleman's race into it as your first response.
    On the contrary. I've been trying to get race, hate, discrimination etc OUT of this thread. It's been used over and over by the gay marriage advocates. Read the thread again, this time more carefully.

I brought Hustleman's race into it to COUNTER all the people using those words.

Why do i have to keep repeating myself?:banghead:

Wiley_11 likes this.
    07-01-2013 10:11 AM
    Lol. "You can have equal rights. Just not this, this, or this one."

That's the biggest crock I've ever heard. If you start taking away rights, which right is too far?

He'll decide it's too far when he's denied something that he wants. By a government agency and/or group of people that but their noses into other people's private lives, for no reason other than to tell others how they should be living.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    gnr_2 likes this.
    07-01-2013 10:12 AM
    On the contrary. I've been trying to get race, hate, discrimination etc OUT of this thread. It's been used over and over by the gay marriage advocates. Read the thread again, this time more carefully.

Why do i have to keep repeating myself?:banghead:

Then maybe you should stop bringing it up....
    return_0 likes this.
    07-01-2013 10:28 AM

Why do i have to keep repeating myself? :banghead:

You mean that the civil rights movement is not a comparable analogy? Can you explain why that is not the case? If you say it is because they were born that way, then you are making race an issue more than anybody else.

Outside of talking about the Civil Rights movement, where else anybody in this thread brought up race?

When Gay Marriage advocates talk about the Civil Rights movement, they are talking about comparable situations where civil liberties were denied.
    The group at the time that went through it, went through with it because of their race.

It might not be the same thing but it is the same sort of denial of rights.

And you still want to take discrimination out of this, tell us why that word can't be use. You were the one who stated we weren't using it right. Then tell us why.
    07-01-2013 10:35 AM
    The use of the word marriage is nothing more than excuse. *Using the term civil union creates a second class status of people.

Problem is when growing up as one of those "Older Fellows" on these boards, LGBT community did ask for "Civil Unions" and equal rights. Then DOMA got passed in response of that.

Many who oppose LGBT couples from getting married, didn't care about the term that was being used, it was about the fact they felt that you were normalizing LGBT relationships in society.

Those same groups currently protest any show that shows any Gay Person or Gay relationship.

Last Super Bowl, CBS was attacked because they used Neil Patrick Harris in a commercial and even though it had nothing to do with the material of the commercial, they were accused of pushing a gay agenda.

They don't want LGBT people to exist out in the open in society. They want it hidden.
    Right. I agree with you. But my point was that not all people from the religious community share this view. Small interest groups are the ones that yell the loudest and quite often make the most political noise. This can be said for almost any extreme or radical group on either side.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-01-2013 10:36 AM
    If religion were the reason why gays should not be allowed to married, then I guess all of the atheists who have gotten married should also call their marriage a civil Union, since the foundation of marriage is religion. You dont get the right to determine what rights another person can have just because their life style "insults you."

07-01-2013 10:41 AM
    There is so much wrong here. It's not just your game. It's mine, too. I think it would be fabulous if it had even more footballs.

Posted via Android Central App
    But then it ceases to be that game. There are rules in a game. If we add chaos then the game is no longer functional. What happens is everyone stands around wondering why the game is all screwed up.

Edit: and further to the issue of equality. Isn't it an infringement of my rights when another group comes in and tries to change my belief system and to expect me to agree and like it?

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-01-2013 10:42 AM
    But then it ceases to be that game. There are rules in a game. If we add chaos then the game is no longer functional. What happens is everyone stands around wondering why the game is all screwed up.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Lucky we have rules, then. Ten of them, to be exact, that guarantee equal opportunity.

gnr_2, badbrad17 and msndrstood like this.
    07-01-2013 10:44 AM

Sent from my Nexus 4
    No, the game is equal rights. And you're trying to exclude people. How is that ok, and where do the exclusions end? In this country, you don't get to have your own game of "you can have these rights" and exclude people that don't share your views. That's not how the game of equal rights work.

Maybe it would be better if people that were against gay marriage (or any sort of equal rights for that matter) all move to a particular geographic area. Would that be fair? Take away your choice of where to live because of your beliefs. Just an example...
    msndrstood and Aquila like this.
    07-01-2013 10:47 AM
    Very well said by Kevin. Faith is how everything works in christianity. The bible is an instruction book but faith is (the tool )needed to fully understand it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    Faith or the trust that things are true is a requirement of everyday life. We have faith that we will have clean water to drink. We have faith that the lights will go on when we turn on the switch. We have faith that our children will be able to live happy lives. Belief is always built on trust and hope that things will go the way we see them unfolding. To limit faith only to the astrology or spiritual parts of God or the Bible is shirt sighted. I'm not saying that you believe this but I thought it was valid to make this point.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-01-2013 10:48 AM
    Then maybe you should stop bringing it up....
    You're right. This has been a complete waste of my time.

Back to the Lounge... where i can relax and go back to being the forum entertainer.

07-01-2013 10:52 AM
    If religion were the reason why gays should not be allowed to married, then I guess all of the atheists who have gotten married should also call their marriage a civil Union, since the foundation of marriage is religion. You dont get the right to determine what rights another person can have just because their life style "insults you."

Actually I would agree that Atheists don't have the right to call their civil union a marriage. It is something based on God bringing a man and woman together so they will become one flesh in a spiritual union. This is not what an Atheist wants or can have.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    07-01-2013 10:52 AM
    Actually I would agree that Atheists don't have the right to call their civil union a marriage. It is something based on God bringing a man and woman together so they will become one flesh in a spiritual union. This is not what an Atheist wants or can have.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Lol, well that's settled then. Guess I'm not "married" then, only in a civil Union. That's awesome to know.

This country has bigger issues than two people who are in love getting married. Funny that you would rather two people who don't love each other but are anatomically acceptable to your religious standards marry.

07-01-2013 10:58 AM
    No, the game is equal rights. And you're trying to exclude people. How is that ok, and where do the exclusions end? In this country, you don't get to have your own game of "you can have these rights" and exclude people that don't share your views. That's not how the game of equal rights work.

Maybe it would be better if people that were against gay marriage (or any sort of equal rights for that matter) all move to a particular geographic area. Would that be fair? Take away your choice of where to live because of your beliefs. Just an example...
    But we do live in a place where exclusion and rules apply. For example the rules of age do limit the rights of some people. Let's say that a 12 year old boy and a 11 year old girl want to get married and think they have the right to do so. Should they be able to? Or maybe we can push the boundary further and say maybe there is a 12 year old girl who wants to marry a 28 year old man. The girl is smart and well spoken and goes to court to fight for her right to choose. This is just one example of why we make rules based on what we feel as a society should be acceptable.

I could also say that the gay community is infringing on my rights because they are trying to undermine my religious freedom by calling marriage something that it isn't. Does that mean that I can legislate or modify other religions in order to make them work to my lifestyle? What if I called myself a Jew or Muslim but I want to eat pork as part of my religious experience? I should have the right to do this but I shouldn't be able to call myself a Jew or Muslim because my lifestyle doesn't follow the rules. It is now something else. Exclusion has to happen or we can't maintain what original structure of what was created.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-01-2013 11:05 AM
    Yes it does make sense, but by saying interpretations are wrong on the human end as his inspiration is perfect could also suggest that those who wrote the bible interoperated his inspiration wrongly thus the bible (or known to some basic instructions before leaving earth) could be wrong due to false interpretations similar my previous examples? Which lead to horrific things.

One bible error if memory serves me correct is that the earth was made 6000
    years ago which was a human error by a false printing. A Christan scientist tried calculating the age by things shown In the bible, calculated 6000 at the time and scribbled it into the book. As back in the time bibles were hand written it for copied out over and over again into multiple editions. Hence why some bibles have that figure. You would think every year that number would get larger

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.
    Just to clarify. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that the earth is 6,000 years old. Some people may be interpreting it to be that old based on what they read, but this is not a defined thing that was actually written.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-01-2013 11:24 AM
    It is something based on Gawd bringing a man and woman together so they will *become one flesh* in a spiritual union.
    I think you are confusing metaphors with with reality! Nowhere in my dictionary does it mention belonging to a religious group to get married, only that it is between a man and a women.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-01-2013 11:36 AM
    Just to clarify. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that the earth is 6,000 years old. Some people may be interpreting it to be that old based on what they read, but this is not a defined thing that was actually written.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Ahh.. Edit... nevermind

badbrad17 likes this.
    07-01-2013 11:37 AM
    You're right. This has been a complete waste of my time.
    07-01-2013 11:38 AM
1,813 ... 1213141516 ...