06-30-2014 01:17 AM
1,813 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    Enjoy your night everyone and lets move past this.

Paul
    Forums Moderator.
    :thumbup: Sounds good to me.

Sent from Hotlanta via New Yawk
    msndrstood and Aquila like this.
    07-01-2013 10:56 PM
    A family is a husband, wife, and children..

There is very much logic - but if you choose not to accept it that's a personal problem.
    Way to insult all of the single mothers and fathers out there. I've already said that there are many different types of families out there. Some married couples choose to not have children. If the mother dies, does that invalidate her surviving family members as being related. Step out of the bubble, please. You probably didn't even consider blended families...the divorce rate is sky high in the US.

โœŒ๐ŸŽ€๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿญ๐ŸŒž
    GadgetGator likes this.
    07-02-2013 01:10 AM
    My belief system is Mathematics,Science and a Dictionary. You should try it sometime, it's awesome.
    So you are trying to say what? That I don't understand or believe in these things?

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-02-2013 01:17 AM
    I disagree. It's simply a matter of respect. You either respect other people's beliefs or you don't. Thinking that everyone should share the same beliefs is just as bad as denying rights to groups that don't.
    This is why I always respect your opinion. True open mindedness. Thanks Kevin.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-02-2013 01:20 AM
    So who decides the exclusions? The majority? That doesn't work, and is why we need legislation guaranteeing rights for all people, minority groups included.

I have to kind of laugh at the idea of "religious freedom". Where in this country are you not allowed to practice your religion as described in the Bible (or relevant book or text)? The idea that someone that doesn't follow your belief system somehow impedes your ability to practice or enjoy those beliefs is somewhat baffling to me. Please explain that.
    Well I am in Canada so it's not the same as some places, but a number of years ago I was in a restaurant and I was having a private conversation with someone about God. There was a table beside us who had a bunch of people who were drinking and having a good time. I wasn't speaking to them but one guy overheard our conversation and got really mad for some reason. He was going on about Zeus and Jesus and who knows what. I tried to settle him down but the people who owned the restaurant ended up kicking us both out. We walked to our car which just happened to be right by the crazy guy. He walked up to me and punched me right in the face. Knocked me out cold. I woke up and didn't know what happened. The guy lost it. Not sure why.

So to answer your question. Apparently not in restaurants.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-02-2013 01:34 AM
    Well I am in Canada so it's not the same as some places, but a number of years ago I was in a restaurant and I was having a private conversation with someone about God. There was a table beside us who had a bunch of people who were drinking and having a good time. I wasn't speaking to them but one guy overheard our conversation and got really mad for some reason. He was going on about Zeus and Jesus and who knows what. I tried to settle him down but the people who owned the restaurant ended up kicking us both out. We walked to our car which just happened to be right by the crazy guy. He walked up to me and punched me right in the face. Knocked me out cold. I woke up and didn't know what happened. The guy lost it. Not sure why.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Well that sounds like a terrible experience.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    gnr_2 and badbrad17 like this.
    07-02-2013 01:42 AM
    I've stayed out of this thread or section of the forum for quite some time. Reason being when you start trying to explain or promote your own personal way of thinking when it comes to religion, sexual preferences and government beliefs/rights it almost always turns for the worse. We have to remember at the end of the day this is a smartphone forum and as much as we welcome discussion its a train wreck waiting to happen when these topics are discussed.

So with that said.. Enjoy your night everyone and lets move past this.

Paul
    Forums Moderator.
    Just want to formally say.... In full 100% HATE. With no reservation. From Vancouver. I hate the Chicago Black Hawks.

But not nearly as much as I HATE the Boston Bruins. Nice win. We were cheering for you.

Just saying. Don't call me a racist.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Paul627g likes this.
    07-02-2013 02:02 AM

Sent from my Nexus 4
    That person is insane and that direction of discrimination is just as bad as the other direction. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Transmitted through spacetime.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-02-2013 02:28 AM
    Glad this thread seems to have finally exhausted itself. Alot of people have taken some hits here.

I actually don't think that even one thing was accomplished on this thread in the last few days, but all in all, we should remember that life is way too short.

Let's make the best of it and try to enjoy it before we end up old, decrepit and forgetting our own names.

badbrad17 likes this.
    07-02-2013 11:28 AM
    Just want to formally say.... In full 100% HATE. With no reservation. From Vancouver. I hate the Chicago Black Hawks.

But not nearly as much as I HATE the Boston Bruins. Nice win. We were cheering for you.

Just saying. Don't call me a racist.

Sent from my Nexus 4

I hear ya Brad. Trust me I'm sure the entire league was looking at Canada and asking themselves where was hockey's roots this season with Canada not making much of an impact.. But in all fairness hockey's roots are now spread throughout the entire league and not just limited to Canadian teams.

Makes you feel better the Chicago Blackhawks and its " Canadian " captain J. Toews made you guys look good
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-02-2013 11:35 AM
    Glad this thread seems to have finally exhausted itself. Alot of people have taken some hits here.
    It's all Android Centrals fault. If they would put a *Slap* button next to the Thanks button we could alleviate any future train-wrecks. ...
    gnr_2 and badbrad17 like this.
    07-02-2013 11:38 AM
    I hear ya Brad. Trust me I'm sure the entire league was looking at Canada and asking themselves where was hockey's roots this season with Canada not making much of an impact.. But in all fairness hockey's roots are now spread throughout the entire league and not just limited to Canadian teams.

Makes you feel better the Chicago Blackhawks and its " Canadian " captain J. Toews made you guys look good
    You had to get him started, smh, lolol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-02-2013 11:45 AM
    You had to get him started, smh, lolol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Ahh just some good old hockey smack talk between hockey fans
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-02-2013 11:47 AM

That is one of the big reasons everyone likes Chicago over the Bruins. There are some classy players. Toews, Hossa, Seabrook, Keith etc.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-02-2013 12:07 PM
    It's all Android Centrals fault. If they would put a *Slap* button next to the Thanks button we could alleviate any future train-wrecks. ...
    I'm going to make a Slap Chat app.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-02-2013 12:08 PM
    I'm going to make a Slap Chat app.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    I will certainly be the first one to download that!

badbrad17 likes this.
    07-02-2013 12:27 PM
    Another flawed analogy. For several reasons. You are comparing children to adult behavior. But also, those children can at some point in the future marry when they are old enough. Conversely what people are saying to gay people is that you are denied the right to marry, FOREVER. No matter how far into the future you go.
    I know it is flawed compared to what we are discussing but it is not flawed when discussing that we have rules. There is a point where we say it's okay based on the agreed logic of society. Is it okay if they are 14 years old? Or 15 years old or 15 years and 11 months? My point was that people can argue for things that they feel they have a right to, but it doesn't mean that society as a whole agrees with them. This unfortunately doesn't mean society is always right either.

You could, but you'll have to make a better case out of that argument then the Prop 8 supporters did in court. You'll somehow have to show actual harm to you...either physically or monetarily that warrants denying a whole class of people access to a certain right. Good luck with that.
    So by your logic human rights are only based on physical or monetary harm? Really? I'm not sure that we want to use this logic as there are many rights that should be protected that don't include either. Freedom of speech is one.
    07-02-2013 02:51 PM
    Well that sounds like a terrible experience.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Ya, was certainly one that baffles me to this day. But on a positive note I learned that I can't take a punch. LOL. There was some irony though. A few years later I bumped into the guy at a party that was held by some mutual friends. The guy didn't recognize me so I helped refresh his memory. He was very very embarrassed. He pulled out the drunk card, but he did apologize.
    07-02-2013 02:55 PM

I actually don't think that even one thing was accomplished on this thread in the last few days, but all in all, we should remember that life is way too short.

Let's make the best of it and try to enjoy it before we end up old, decrepit and forgetting our own names.

I thought a lot was accomplished in this thread. For one, the outpouring of support for gay rights I think is very valuable, The thread helped me think of some things differently and think about gay rights in ways I had never considered before. The shooting down of DOMA and sending Prop 8 back to CA is really just a step in the right direction, and there will be a lot of work going forward.
    07-02-2013 03:09 PM
    Personally I hope this thread ends so I can finally get it all read without another four pages popping up.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly flashed Sprint Galaxy Nexus with XenonHD
    jdbii and msndrstood like this.
    07-02-2013 03:46 PM
    Personally I hope this thread ends so I can finally get it all read without another four pages popping up.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly flashed Sprint Galaxy Nexus with XenonHD
    lol
    07-02-2013 03:53 PM

Precisely why I do not want to be treated like a second class citizen and want the same full equal rights that other couples have. Because life is too short and I want to enjoy it. Not endlessly battle for something I should have to begin with simply because people do not understand or mistakenly think their own beliefs should somehow apply to everyone else.
    jdbii, msndrstood, gnr_2 and 1 others like this.
    07-02-2013 04:24 PM
    Precisely why I do not want to be treated like a second class citizen and want the same full equal rights that other couples have. Because life is too short and I want to enjoy it. Not endlessly battle for something I should have to begin with simply because people do not understand or mistakenly think their own beliefs should somehow apply to everyone else.
    Fair enough, I got a headache from all the arguing. I'm hanging my hat.

msndrstood and gnr_2 like this.
    07-02-2013 04:30 PM
    Lots of times when people say "move on," or "it's done and finished," or "there are more important issues," it is just code for ignoring somebody or pretending like there isn't a problem.
    07-02-2013 04:34 PM
    Lots of times when people say "move on," or "it's done and finished," or "there are more important issues," it is just code for ignoring somebody or pretending like there isn't a problem.
    Believe me, there're codes on both sides of this river.

07-02-2013 04:36 PM
1,813 ... 1920212223 ...