06-30-2014 01:17 AM
1,813 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Genesis is as far back as anyone can go. No one existed before that.
    How sad. Apparently you don't know the history of religion.
    07-03-2013 12:38 PM
    How sad. Apparently you don't know the history of religion.
    I know that the Bible, which is God's word, states that God created Heaven and Earth, and everything on Earth, including Adam and Eve, who were the first people. Scientists have their theories, but no concrete proof, as they can't accurately date anything. So, they have their theories and I have my Lord. I am not trying to push my beliefs on anyone, but I know where my trust lies. And no Atheist is going to change my mind, and vice-versa.
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    07-03-2013 12:52 PM
    I know that the Bible, which is God's word, states that God created Heaven and Earth, and everything on Earth, including Adam and Eve, who were the first people. Scientists have their theories, but no concrete proof, as they can't accurately date anything. So, they have their theories and I have my Lord. I am not trying to push my beliefs on anyone, but I know where my trust lies. And no Atheist is going to change my mind, and vice-versa.
    They have proof on the age of the earth. They also have proof on the age of light as it hits from distance galaxies.
    Aquila likes this.
    07-03-2013 12:59 PM
    Carbon dating has several problems with its system of dating.
    Well fortunately this isn't the 1950's and there are other ways to verify information, like Potassium-argon dating, Thermoluminesence, Amino acid dating and Dendrochronology. BTW, written records are far less accurate than other forms of dating. Science may not be perfect, but I'll take science over religious half truths any day.
    msndrstood, JHBThree and gnr_2 like this.
    07-03-2013 01:02 PM
    Science may not be perfect, but I'll take science over religious half truths any day.
    And I'll take the word of God any day. So we agree to disagree.
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    07-03-2013 01:09 PM
    God created Heaven and Earth, and everything on Earth, including Adam and Eve, who were the first people. Scientists have their theories, but no concrete proof
    Really? So where is your "concrete proof' that Adam and Eve were the first people? I know this can't be discussed here but anytime you wish to discuss it maturly on another forum you just let me know and I'll be more than happy to discuss it with you.
    msndrstood and JHBThree like this.
    07-03-2013 01:12 PM
    And I'll take the word of God any day. So we agree to disagree.
    That's just code for you not being able to back anything up with facts. I am open, and will always remain open to the truth. People that know me know that if anyone ever proves me wrong I will openly admit it, and freely accept those new facts. Religion can't say the same.
    07-03-2013 01:26 PM
    That's just code for you not being able to back anything up with facts. I am open, and will always remain open to the truth. People that know me know that if anyone ever proves me wrong I will openly admit it, and freely accept those new facts. Religion can't say the same.
    As you can't back up anything with facts, either. And don't say science, as that is not necessarily facts. Conversation with an Atheist is an exercise in futility, and I am sure that you feel the same about Christians. Have a blessed day, and I will pray for you. It might help, you never know!
    07-03-2013 01:32 PM
    As you can't back up anything with facts, either.
    Did you miss the part where I invited you to debate anything on another forum? If you're so interested in facts then I can send you links for other forums where posting facts is not only allowed it's actually encouraged. You can even bring a friend.

Conversation with an Atheist is an exercise in futility, and I am sure that you feel the same about Christians. !
    Your post is riddled with assumptions. Hate to burst your bubble but I am not Atheist. I am also not against religion per se. I am pro education and pro truth. Thought I'd let you know, it might help, you never know...
    msndrstood and gnr_2 like this.
    07-03-2013 01:57 PM
    Did you miss the part where I invited you to debate anything on another forum? If you're so interested in facts then I can send you links for other forums where posting facts is not only allowed it's actually encouraged. You can even bring a friend.

Your post is riddled with assumptions. Hate to burst your bubble but I am not Atheist. I am also not against religion per se. I am pro education and pro truth. Thought I'd let you know, it might help, you never know...
    There are no indisputable facts to post. As I stated, science is not indisputable. And I do apologize for my assumption.
    07-03-2013 02:01 PM
    The thing is when you try to disprove the bible by science you are using a method(science) which is in a constant state of change due to being proven wrong by its own studies. You can no more prove to me that the bible is wrong than i can get you to believe its right. My faith is in God, some people put theirs in science, thus the 2 will never agree. But as for me, I would rather trust (faith) in something that can't be proven than something that constantly proves itself wrong. Said my piece, hope everyone here has a great 4th reguardless of what your beliefs are.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    07-03-2013 02:02 PM

Sent from Hotlanta via New Yawk
    07-03-2013 02:20 PM
    There are no indisputable facts to post.
    indisputable: (adjective) Not disputable; unable to be challenged or denied.

Oops.... the dictionary says you're wrong.

As I stated, science is not indisputable.
    How about history, is history good enough for you? What you said can be proven wrong in many ways.

And I do apologize for my assumption.
    Thank you.

The thing is when you try to disprove the bible by science you are using a method(science) which is in a constant state of change due to being proven wrong by its own studies.
    Verses what? Religion which is based on myth and tradition and being proven wrong by its own words? There are many inconsistencies in the bible, so how is the bible any better? Of course science changes, it's built and organized on knowledge and is testable. Religion can't say that. Try again.

You can no more prove to me that the bible is wrong than i can get you to believe its right.
    Not true. I extend the same invitation to you as the other poster.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    07-03-2013 02:44 PM
    Adam and Eve are real... in a way. Mitochondrial Eve and Y chromosome Adam are obvious... but they likely lived millions of years apart, never met and possibly couldn't have bred together.

Transmitted through spacetime.
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-03-2013 02:57 PM
    they likely lived millions of years apart, never met and possibly couldn't have bred together.
    Boy, talk about a long distance relationship....
    Aquila, GadgetGator and gnr_2 like this.
    07-03-2013 03:23 PM
    As you can't back up anything with facts, either. And don't say science, as that is not necessarily facts. Conversation with an Atheist is an exercise in futility, and I am sure that you feel the same about Christians. Have a blessed day, and I will pray for you. It might help, you never know!
    This is what always strikes me as interesting and yet still odd about humans....people "pray" for the outcomes they want. This leads to some problems. When two religious school's football teams face off against one another, and both schools student bodies, teachers and families are praying that they will win, how does that work? Does God pick sides? And when groups like Yes on Prop 8 or Focus on the Family, pray that they will win and that God would put an end to these heathenish gay marriages, and then those prayers go unanswered, then what??

It seems that even in defeat, people don't ever to stop to think that hey...maybe we're the ones that got it wrong since those prayers are going unanswered. To me it seems that this all stems from pride and ego. I see this when people say things like now God will have his vengeance and stuff like that. As if Canada wasn't important enough many years ago....other countries didn't mean anything either apparently. And even MA, and NY were not enough. No, it took California to push God over the edge! It just seems like a very arrogant self centered thing sometimes.
    AngelArs likes this.
    07-03-2013 03:27 PM
    This is what always strikes me as interesting and yet still odd about humans....people "pray" for the outcomes they want. This leads to some problems. When two religious school's football teams face off against one another, and both schools student bodies, teachers and families are praying that they will win, how does that work? Does God pick sides? And when groups like Yes on Prop 8 or Focus on the Family, pray that they will win and that God would put an end to these heathenish gay marriages, and then those prayers go unanswered, then what??

It seems that even in defeat, people don't ever to stop to think that hey...maybe we're the ones that got it wrong since those prayers are going unanswered. To me it seems that this all stems from pride and ego. I see this when people say things like now God will have his vengeance and stuff like that. As if Canada wasn't important enough many years ago....other countries didn't mean anything either apparently. And even MA, and NY were not enough. No, it took California to push God over the edge! It just seems like a very arrogant self centered thing sometimes.
    When I coach and we pray before the game, I never ask to win. Only pray for the safety of the participants and good sportsmanship. When you pray you pray for Gods will, not our own. Prayers never go unanswered, we just don't like the answer we get sometimes.

07-03-2013 03:55 PM
    When I coach and we pray before the game, I never ask to win. Only pray for the safety of the participants and good sportsmanship. When you pray you pray for Gods will, not our own. Prayers never go unanswered, we just don't like the answer we get sometimes.

Then what's the point? An effort in futility.
    I prayed for years, like a good Catholic should, never got an answer. It might make you feel good but logically it doesn't make sense. I've seen too much to think anyone is listening.

Sent via Note II
    07-03-2013 04:18 PM
    Then what's the point? An effort in futility.
    I prayed for years, like a good Catholic should, never got an answer. It might make you feel good but logically it doesn't make sense. I've seen too much to think anyone is listening.

Sent via Note II
    The thing is I have gotten answers in my life . I have not always like the answer I got but nonetheless was satisfied that I didn't get an answer. The premise of faith doesn't make sense. Its not supposed to by definition.

07-03-2013 04:40 PM
    The thing is I have gotten answers in my life . I have not always like the answer I got but nonetheless was satisfied that I didn't get an answer. The premise of faith doesn't make sense. Its not supposed to by definition.

I'm glad it works for you.

Sent via Note II
    07-03-2013 04:44 PM
    I think praying is a useful exercise even if you don't believe anyone is listening. But, I'm not a big fan of asking for stuff. More a fan of just saying, "thanks". Everyone has their own way I guess, but whether you're thanking God or just taking a moment to appreciate the universe... really what we're talking about is focus and pushing your appreciation and positivity into the universe. I'd have a hard time imaging any harm that could be done by "blessing" someone. I think it's safer to assume that if you believe that God has a plan, it may be presumptuous to ask it to be changed per your whims.
    badbrad17 and primevyl like this.
    07-03-2013 06:00 PM
    This statement confuses me. If you pray for the safety of the participants, but someone still gets hurt, what does that tell you???
    return_0 likes this.
    07-03-2013 06:16 PM
    The thing is when you try to disprove the bible by science you are using a method(science) which is in a constant state of change due to being proven wrong by its own studies. You can no more prove to me that the bible is wrong than i can get you to believe its right. My faith is in God, some people put theirs in science, thus the 2 will never agree. But as for me, I would rather trust (faith) in something that can't be proven than something that constantly proves itself wrong. Said my piece, hope everyone here has a great 4th reguardless of what your beliefs are.

You can disprove the creationists with science, and that science hasn't changed much since the first theory was postulated. It always amuses me when people try to claim that evolution doesn't exists when both science and history prove that it does.
    return_0 and msndrstood like this.
    07-03-2013 06:42 PM
    You can disprove the creationists with science, and that science hasn't changed much since the first theory was postulated. It always amuses me when people try to claim that evolution doesn't exists when both science and history prove that it does.
    The Vatican (yes, I know they don't speak for all Christians) publicly accepted evolution by natural selection, as do theologians. They just say it's a mechanism of creation. I'm not sure why the public doesn't believe their own experts.
    return_0 likes this.
    07-03-2013 06:45 PM
    people "pray" for the outcomes they want. This leads to some problems. When two religious school's football teams face off against one another, and both schools student bodies, teachers and families are praying that they will win, how does that work? Does God pick sides?
    LOL.... I know, and the same thing happens whenever I hear someone say something like "god bless America'. I mean I absolutely LOVE this country, and I would defend it in any way that I could, but when I hear that I just have to think "Wait a minute, if god created the entire planet then why would god just "bless" the dirt in one corner of it, and ignore the rest of the planet"? And why would an omnipotent, omniscient being need to be told what to do anyway?

To me it seems that this all stems from pride and ego. I see this when people say things like now God will have his vengeance and stuff like that.
    I think it's more complicated than that. It seems to be partly being conditioned and partially the way the human brain works. It's sad that the bible was filled with passages where they asked god to massacre children and even pregnant women. Makes you wonder where's the love?

When I coach and we pray before the game, I never ask to win. Only pray for the safety of the participants and good sportsmanship.
    Good sportsmanship is something that needs to be incorporated into the persons character before the game starts.

Prayers never go unanswered, we just don't like the answer we get sometimes.
    Funny, that's exactly how I feel whenever I flip a coin.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    07-03-2013 07:48 PM
1,813 ... 2122232425 ...