06-30-2014 01:17 AM
1,813 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    A classic retort for people who don't have a valid argument or rebuttal. By calling him a troll, you admitted that you couldn't refute his statements.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Did you not see my statement--"God bless America" is a request, not a demand.
    07-03-2013 10:45 PM
    Someone has to care about the unborn. But luckily, the country is now a larger percentage of pro-life than pro-choice. And a few states are trying to pretty much shut down abortion. I just don't understand how mothers can murder their children.
    When so-called christians care about the living as much as the unborn, then we'll talk.
    AngelArs, msndrstood and gnr_2 like this.
    07-03-2013 10:45 PM
    Someone has to care about the unborn. But luckily, the country is now a larger percentage of pro-life than pro-choice. And a few states are trying to pretty much shut down abortion. I just don't understand how mothers can murder their children.
    I just don't understand how some people can stubbornly refer to a small ball of cells as a child. Twenty cells does not make a human. Unless god told you that.

gnr_2 and msndrstood like this.
    07-03-2013 10:46 PM
    Also, I wonder how many of them have hair growing for miles since haircuts are forbidden as well.
    If this is the argument:

The Old Testament is inconvenient and not followed by modern progressive Christians. Also, the entire New Testament is not to be quoted, because it is inconvenient and only the highlighted passages are used. Also, any contextual research about either set of books is off limits, because it's inconvenient.

Then I don't feel like there is a debate to be had. Why don't you instead just tell us what you want to be true and lets not have any pretense about facts or evidence and label it correctly as "wishing".
    msndrstood and gnr_2 like this.
    07-03-2013 10:47 PM
    I just don't understand how some people can stubbornly refer to a small ball of cells as a child. Twenty cells does not make a human. Unless god told you that.

Life begins at conception. Or are you going to dispute that , too? And women are doing it at 5 or 6 months, and that is definitely not a "small ball of cells".
    07-03-2013 10:48 PM

Or, going by some of their own arguments:

God created man in his image, be heaven, earth, and everything in between. So, logically, god also created abortion.
    07-03-2013 10:50 PM
    One thing is evident to me...half of the people commenting haven't read the bible, less than that have studied it. And without your faith in the right place, you can't fully understand it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    Reading the bible, cover to cover, and researching about it's origins is exactly what causes disbelief, or at least doubt. Any person who's never felt doubt can not claim to have faith.
    And none of the "faith" argument coveys why the bible, in it's current form, as interpreted by Christans (only your denomination, mind you, out of thousands) is more accurate than any of the world's religions (there are thousands) that preceded it or have followed. At what age did you choose that your denomination had it right, to the exclusion of all others and how much research into the others did it take to make that determination?
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-03-2013 10:51 PM
    Or, going by some of their own arguments:

God created man in his image, be heaven, earth, and everything in between. So, logically, god also created abortion.
    God also gave man free will, and man created abortion. If women don't want to get pregnant, then there are options available for them.
    07-03-2013 10:52 PM
    Life begins at conception. Or are you going to dispute that , too? And women are doing it at 5 or 6 months, and that is definitely not a "clump of cells".
    I don't completely agree with doing it that late, but think about it this way: What would be better? A somewhat-well-to-do woman with no child or a teenage mother living in poverty with her ill and possibly starving child?

07-03-2013 10:53 PM
    Life begins at conception. Or are you going to dispute that , too? And women are doing it at 5 or 6 months, and that is definitely not a "small ball of cells".
    That's your opinion. Others beg to differ.

Also, women are not 'doing it at 5 or 6 months' because nearly every state in the US bans abortions after 18 weeks.
    gnr_2 likes this.
    07-03-2013 10:54 PM
    Trolling is posting to incite people
    Close enough. And since that was not the intent of my post you, in your own words, just proved yourself wrong, so thank you for that.

Just because someone says something that you disagree with, doesn't make them a troll. You've said many upsetting and rude things here, and no one called you names. Try and remember the golden rule and show the same courtesy.

humans don't tell God what to do, they ask.
    You have yet to show any purpose to ask such a thing to a an omnipotent, omniscient being.

And on another subject, if more people followed the Bible, even remotely, then 50,000,000 unborn babies would not have been murdered since Roe v Wade.
    Please, you really don't want to touch this topic.

07-03-2013 10:55 PM
    God also gave man free will, and man created abortion.
    No, you cannot have it both ways. Either god created everything or he is not the being that many believe he is.
    msndrstood and return_0 like this.
    07-03-2013 10:55 PM
    That's your opinion. Others beg to differ.

Also, women are not 'doing it at 5 or 6 months' because nearly every state in the US bans abortions after 18 weeks.
    You obviously don't know what you are talking about. And New York is trying to pass a law allowing full-term abortions. Also, do you have children?
    07-03-2013 10:59 PM
    I don't completely agree with doing it that late, but think about it this way: What would be better? A somewhat-well-to-do woman with no child or a teenage mother living in poverty with her ill and possibly starving child?

Every child deserves a chance.
    07-03-2013 11:00 PM
    No, you cannot have it both ways. Either god created everything or he is not the being that many believe he is.
    God created everything. God gave man free will. Man messed it up by sinning. But honesly having discussion about a book with someone who hasn't studied it is a waste of time.

07-03-2013 11:02 PM
    You obviously don't know what you are talking about. And New York is trying to pass a law allowing full-term abortions. Also, do you have children?
    Obviously someone hasn't been paying any attention at all to this thread...
    Aquila likes this.
    07-03-2013 11:03 PM
    God also gave man free will, and man created abortion.
    So it's okay for God to kill babies, okay for Moses to kill babies, okay for the cast of Judges to kill babies. All of those post-birth. It's okay for the United States to kill children in other countries. It's okay for Israel to murder Palestinian babies. What specifically is the age cutoff before it's okay to murder them? 1 hour after birth? 1 day? Were there no pregnant women in any of the cities destroyed, put to the sword or razed?

At what age does God impart a soul? At what age does one pass tests for sentience?

My assumption based on your absolutely absent knowledge of your own religion is that you also have absolutely no knowledge of the political positions of it's fundamentalist wings. However if you have done the research on this one issue in lieu of on philosophy, theology, science, history, political theory, sociology and/or biology, then please do enlighten us on the wealth of scientific knowledge you possess about human gestation.

Otherwise I might suggest once again, that we simply stop the derailment of this thread into yet another category of fantasy and just agree that religion should not exist in legislation, at all, ever.
    07-03-2013 11:03 PM
    But luckily, the country is now a larger percentage of pro-life than pro-choice.
    Not true. Not even close. The latest polls indicate that 70 percent of Americans say that Roe v. Wade should not be overturned. Try again.
    msndrstood, gnr_2 and return_0 like this.
    07-03-2013 11:05 PM
    God created everything. God gave man free will. Man messed it up by sinning. But honesly having discussion about a book with someone who hasn't studied it is a waste of time.

I've studied it. I've found it full of the kind of contradictions that make it difficult to take it seriously. I cannot believe in something that is so fundamentally flawed, and full of contradictions that will never square with each other.

But, you can believe that if you like, and I won't attempt to convince you otherwise. I will not get dragged into that discussion here.
    Aquila and msndrstood like this.
    07-03-2013 11:06 PM
    So it's okay for God to kill babies, okay for Moses to kill babies, okay for the cast of Judges to kill babies. All of those post-birth. It's okay for the United States to kill children in other countries. It's okay for Israel to murder Palestinian babies. What specifically is the age cutoff before it's okay to murder them? 1 hour after birth? 1 day? Were there no pregnant women in any of the cities destroyed, put to the sword or razed?

At what age does God impart a soul? At what age does one pass tests for sentience?

My assumption based on your absolutely absent knowledge of your own religion is that you also have absolutely no knowledge of the political positions of it's fundamentalist wings. However if you have done the research on this one issue in lieu of on philosophy, theology, science, history, political theory, sociology and/or biology, then please do enlighten us on the wealth of scientific knowledge you possess about human gestation.

Otherwise I might suggest once again, that we simply stop the derailment of this thread into yet another category of fantasy and just agree that religion should not exist in legislation, at all, ever.
    I agree. Any discussion of abortion or religion is just going to turn into a giant cluster****. (As we can already see)
    gnr_2, Aquila and msndrstood like this.
    07-03-2013 11:08 PM
    But honesly having discussion about a book with someone who hasn't studied it is a waste of time.
    Honestly, it seems like the only people who don't know what's in the bible are the people quoting it. Other than badbrad I haven't seen a single person make a well reasoned biblical argument or point that wasn't just regurgitation. He's capable of defending his position, while others don't even seem to understand the implications of the words they're spouting.

Have you read it? Be honest. Have you gone cover to cover analyzing it? Read books about it? Just those that defend it's positions, or those against it? I'm not accusing you of anything, but it is something I have studied fairly in depth and I don't see that mirrored by most in this thread.
    jdbii and msndrstood like this.
    Excellent point. Pretty sure no god created the smartphone or gave doctors instructions.
    Thank you.

But I guess for them that 'science' os OK. LOL....
    Obviously someone hasn't been paying any attention at all to this thread...
    I must have missed something. So, do you have children? And if you do, once you heard about the pregnancy, did you at that time consider it as your child? Or did you wait for the cells to develop?
    I pose that question to any parent on here.
    Every child deserves a chance.
    So do all of those already born. Perhaps you should dedicate some of your energy to helping to lower the poverty rate and improve education in big cities.
    Aquila and msndrstood like this.
    07-03-2013 11:10 PM
    These were Hebrew laws, not God's.
    Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill

I have fully studied the Bible, from cover to cover.
    Aquila likes this.
    07-03-2013 11:10 PM
1,813 ... 2324252627 ...