06-30-2014 01:17 AM
1,813 ... 2728293031 ...
tools
    The Bible states that water came down from the heavens as well as out of the earth. The water contained in the earth itself would cover anything needed to flood everything.
    That would appear to conflict with gravity, but who am I to judge.
    07-04-2013 11:24 AM
    That would appear to conflict with gravity, but who am I to judge.
    Not true...there are underground springs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-04-2013 11:29 AM
    Precipitation

The conventional flood story states that the flood waters came from rain that lasted 40 days and 40 nights.[2][3] Rain appears when the air can no longer support water in the vapor phase and it becomes saturated. Normally, the atmosphere is on the brink of saturation, and the variations in temperature and pressure caused by weather fronts are capable of altering the threshold at which precipitation will form quite easily. What about the amount of water vapor suspended in air needed for the 4.5 billion cubic kilometers of water needed for the global flood? The water vapor currently in the air is only around 2-3% on average, with a maximum of 4% limited by temperature and pressure.[4] The change in atmospheric conditions required to support enough vapor for 112 million cubic kilometers of rain per day - about 120,000 times more than the current daily rainfall worldwide[5] - would have rendered the air unbreathable.

Indeed, the atmosphere really couldn't sustain that much water even under the most extreme temperature and pressure conditions the planet can produce. If the conditions were right for that much water to be in the atmosphere, humans and virtually every other animal would have drowned through the simple act of breathing, as well as turning the earth into the equivalent of a pressure cooker with atmospheric pressure at nearly a thousand psi instead of the standard 14.7 or so that we have today. Barring the goddidit escape hatch (a tried and tested fallback for creationists everywhere), this is impossible.

LINK
    Whooooaaaaa there. Are you quoting... Science?!

Sent via Note II
    Wiley_11 and AngelArs like this.
    07-04-2013 11:35 AM
    I'm still trying to figure out how a gay marriage thread ended up on the Biblical Flood.

Talk about taking a left turn on the expressway.

Sent via Note II
    07-04-2013 11:38 AM
    Not true...there are underground springs.
    But aren't they flowing from a higher elevation? Plumbers 101: Crap don't flow uphill & Payday's on Friday.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-04-2013 12:06 PM
    Probably the opposite of +1

Sent from Hotlanta via New Yawk
    I don't appreciate the condescension.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-04-2013 12:16 PM
    Gay people getting married doesn't effect anyone but gay people. I don't see what the problem is.
    No one against gay marriages has ever been able to tell me how a gay couple getting married would effect their straight marriage. Yet they pretend it will. Marriage is hard work. I think they should be more focused on their own marriage, and not what someone they've probably never even met is doing.

I think people are just scared of what they don't understand
    Perfectly normal human condition. Fear is a big motivator. Not understanding is a big key too, which is why education on the topic is so important.
    07-04-2013 12:29 PM

You saw condescension, i saw assistance.

Wiley_11 and msndrstood like this.
    07-04-2013 12:31 PM
    People are very tolerant of slamming Christians these days
    Not nearly as much as they are tolerant of slamming atheists, homosexuals, and Muslims.

And I take offense to you making such a generalization about people.

See what I did there? It goes both ways.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    msndrstood and badbrad17 like this.
    07-04-2013 12:34 PM
    Another idiotic statement.
    Pappy you are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts. Throwing insults around like you do is not only immature but it's also unchristian like and rude.

You must not have children
    Please do explain to all of us how having children or not having children changes a words definition.
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-04-2013 12:41 PM

I think he was stating that for those not on G+. It wasn't condescending in my opinion, more informational.

Sent via Note II
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-04-2013 12:47 PM
    You saw condescension, i saw assistance.

I think he was stating that for those not on G+. It wasn't condescending in my opinion, more informational.

Sent via Note II
    Apologies, based on the hostility of some others on this thread, I misinterpreted the post.

I do understand what "-1" means. I just didn't understand why he didn't like what I said.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-04-2013 12:51 PM
    Filicide is the murder of a son or daughter
    NOT true! Please do read EACH word in a definition, as each one is important.

if it is not a child, why is it that if a pregnant woman is killed that the killer is charged with double murder?
    A law does not define a word. The places where what you said is true are simply places where religious politicians created such a law. No big surprise there. You could create a law that states that feeding a puppy a turkey sandwich is abusive, but it wouldn't mean that feeding a puppy a turkey sandwich is abusive. In other words, a law doesn't have to necessarily be correct to be a law. Laws are changed all the time because of this.

Note: No puppies were harmed in the making of this post.
    07-04-2013 12:59 PM
    No one against gay marriages has ever been able to tell me how a gay couple getting married would effect their straight marriage.
    It doesn't bother my marriage at all. The only thing that bothers me is the butchering of the English language re: marriage,man,woman,gay. Why change the meaning of words to suite an agenda? Live long and prosper in your relationships, just call it (insert word that doesn't mean something else here) and you'll have my vote!

My wife's middle name is Gaye and she is still mad about the hijacking.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-04-2013 01:03 PM
    If I made a broad stroking statement like he/she did about Black people or Gay people I would be hung.
    Since when is history considered as "a broad stroking statement"?

History: (noun) The study of past events, particularly in human affairs.

Especially when so many Christians world wide do so much to help people who are alive.
    Atheist are more generous than religious people, so I'm not sure what's your point?

The comment was sent with malice.
    Your interpretation does not make something true. If you can't read simple historical events without being judgmental then that's pretty sad. As was stated before "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana.
    07-04-2013 01:14 PM
    Another idiotic statement. You must not have children, otherwise, from the time that you found out about the pregnancy, you would be saying that she was carrying your child.
    Please do not call people, or their statements, idiotic.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    return_0, jdbii, AngelArs and 1 others like this.
    07-04-2013 01:15 PM
    But what Christian organization is out causing bloodshed? Sorry not following you.
    Are not christians not part of an organization? The amount isn't the point. Sorry not following you.
    07-04-2013 01:21 PM
    Are not christians not part of an organization? The amount isn't the point. Sorry not following you.
    I think he is asking specifically what Christian organization is causing what particular bloodshed

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-04-2013 01:26 PM
    Plumbers 101: Crap don't flow uphill & Payday's on Friday.
    Not if Friday falls on a holiday...
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    07-04-2013 01:26 PM
    I think he is asking specifically what Christian organization is causing what particular bloodshed
    Oh, thanks for the clarification. I guess all I can say about that is that an organization does not have to be within another organization for the statement to be true.
    07-04-2013 01:30 PM
    So using your logic I could say, if "some" black people would stop selling crack and shooting people in my neighborhood then our city would-be a better place?

I doubt this would be acceptable to anyone on this forum (and it's not to me), yet this is what you did. People are very tolerant of slamming Christians these days when they don't agree with the doctrine, but to suggest that Christians aren't doing enough is just BS.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    You seriously need to take a step back and realize how silly you're being. There was no blanket statement about all Christians. The words used in the statement matter, and there was very clearly a qualifying word in there that you have chosen to completely gloss over.

There ARE some Christians that care more about the unborn than they do about the living. I'm sorry that that fact makes you uncomfortable, but it absolutely is the truth.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    AngelArs and GadgetGator like this.
    07-04-2013 01:33 PM
    If I made a broad stroking statement like he/she did about Black people or Gay people I would be hung. People are flawed by nature. We all have issues, but to generalize and say that the world would be a better place etc. if we had Christians doing this or that is a bigoted response in my opinion. Especially when so many Christians world wide do so much to help people who are alive. The comment was sent with malice.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Except that isn't what was said and you know it. If SOME Christians cared about the living as much as the unborn, the world would be a better place. That capitalized word there has a meaning.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    07-04-2013 01:34 PM
    The only thing that bothers me is the butchering of the English language
    I agree but just a heads up, you'll really want to try to avoid the topic of abortion where words are typically twisted around and are literally invented to try and prove something. LOL....
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    07-04-2013 01:40 PM
    The words used in the statement matter, and there was very clearly a qualifying word in there that you have chosen to completely gloss over.
    Except that isn't what was said and you know it. If SOME Christians cared about the living as much as the unborn, the world would be a better place. That capitalized word there has a meaning.
    Well stated, but I don't think they'll ever understand. There's been almost a full page trying to explain the obvious to them. It's starting to look like they're in denial. They need to read what was written and not just what they want to read. Human nature 101.
    07-04-2013 01:59 PM
    I actually read a book about the numerical patterns that are in the Bible. I think it was called the Bible code or something. But what was concluded by the author was that there really wasn't any evidence to prove it. He used computers and software to analyze things and even though he wanted to see some results there just wasn't.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Correct, the Bible Code is nonsense. I'm talking about something else.

I believe that much of the mystery and ancient writings that have been found can also be validated by the concept of a global flood. If this event did in fact take place, many of the things we find in writings on walls as well as stories from almost every corner of the earth can be confirmed. Not to mention geological evidence that supports this as well.
    This by itself invalidates the 6,000 year old earth claim and Noah as conveyed literally, indicating that Noah is a symbol and the events surrounding that portion of Genesis took place ages before prehistory.
    07-04-2013 02:40 PM
1,813 ... 2728293031 ...