06-30-2014 01:17 AM
1,813 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    I'm sorry I'm back to clarify, the crucifix is a symbol and a statue is an idol. A symbol is something people rally behind. An idol is used to represent a belief.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    A figure (statue) affixed to a cross.

DOMA and Prop 8 fall-uploadfromtaptalk1372973270224.jpg

Sent via Note II
    07-04-2013 04:28 PM
    First of all, I never said that discrimination is acceptable.
    Great.

where in these 740+ posts have you seen anyone reconsider their thought process?
    Don't know about you but I am open to learning something new with each post that I read. It is only the absence of facts that frightens me.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-04-2013 04:31 PM
    A figure (statue) affixed to a cross.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1372973270224.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	73010

Sent via Note II
    Using the picture you posted, the cross is clearly defined as a symbol. Which it is, it is not an idol.

07-04-2013 04:39 PM
    Using the picture you posted, the cross is clearly defined as a symbol. Which it is, it is not an idol.

I've knelt in front of a crucifix flanked by statues of Mary and Joseph for many years. They are one and the same to me.

Sent via Note II
    gollum18 likes this.
    07-04-2013 04:46 PM

Sent via Note II
    07-04-2013 04:47 PM
    That is only your opinion. Many things contribute to a persons life and IMO only the person walking in those shoes should have a vote in deciding what's best for them personally.
    It is a selfish person that doesn't take into account what is best for the child.

Great, then please don't imply that it does.
    I didn't. You assumed that.
    07-04-2013 04:55 PM
    It is a selfish person that doesn't take into account what is best for the child.
    Pretty sure poverty and a young, uneducated mother with no father is not what's best for the child.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    AngelArs and JHBThree like this.
    07-04-2013 04:58 PM
    Sent via Note II
    Was this a double post? :confused

07-04-2013 05:01 PM
    Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you still haven't learned the basic definition of the word 'child'.

It is a selfish person that doesn't take into account what is best for the pregnant woman involved. She is, after all, a real person.

I didn't. You assumed that.
    I assumed nothing. One can only go by what you actually post.
    07-04-2013 05:07 PM
    Was this a double post? :confused

Yes, TT froze, again. Sorry.

Sent via Note II
    gnr_2 likes this.
    07-04-2013 05:13 PM
    Yes, TT froze, again. Sorry.

Sent via Note II
    No need to apologize, it happens to me as well. I'm not even using the beta. I hate it when I go to quote and it freezes and I back out into another thread, then the quote pops up.

msndrstood likes this.
    07-04-2013 05:19 PM
    Yes, TT froze, again.
    Last December my TT froze once. Was very painful....
    msndrstood and gnr_2 like this.
    07-04-2013 05:22 PM
    Okay, amending resolution as follows:

Discrimination is bad, always.
    Religion ought to have no impact on legislation ever.
    Facts are good; debate is good; insulting people is bad.
    07-04-2013 05:28 PM
    Lol, I'm white, my wife of ten years is black.

Next

Sent from Hotlanta via New Yawk
    "Lol"!?
    Dude there is nothing funny about having a ten year old wife!

(Temporary levity period, ended...resume uncomfortable discussion)

<<<Sent from my Rooted (soon to be) 64+ gig Rezound!>>>
    Wiley_11, gnr_2 and badbrad17 like this.
    07-04-2013 07:26 PM
    "Lol"!?

(Temporary levity period, ended...resume uncomfortable discussion)

<<<Sent from my Rooted (soon to be) 64+ gig Rezound!>>>
    *awkward silence*

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    gnr_2, Aquila and badbrad17 like this.
    07-04-2013 07:28 PM
    Dude that was freaking hilarious!!! You should get out more often. Well played!
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-04-2013 07:36 PM
    Filicide is the murder of a son or daughter, so you are correct on that part. Abortion is filicide.
    Filicide - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Also, if it is not a child, why is it that if a pregnant woman is killed that the killer is charged with double murder?
    This is a really really good point. Why do we view it as a double homicide when it is convenient? I never thought of this. Great point
    07-04-2013 07:55 PM
    What? What are you trying to say?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    What I was trying to say is I'm upset. But not at you . Don't worry I got over it.
    Aquila likes this.
    07-04-2013 07:57 PM
    This is a really really good point. Why do we view it as a double homicide when it is convenient? I never thought of this. Great point
    That was answered shortly after this post, but it's basically because people who wanted to make that point started proposing legislation. Society is more eager to agree to that point because of the desire to punish criminals who hurt women, and not as eager to think about the implications of how their assent might be construed later. Similar logic is used in the naming of laws and phrasing of arguments in such a way that opposition, even though perfectly valid because of the monstrosity of the content, make it easy to twist one into opposing a patriotic ideal, etc.
    AngelArs and badbrad17 like this.
    07-04-2013 07:59 PM
    That would appear to conflict with gravity, but who am I to judge.
    Well This could be valid if it was just a natural occurrence, but in the spirit of looking at the complete cause of the situation which is God causing something to occur then we "must" say if there is an intelligent being manipulation something then it would not work the same ways as something that is just reacting to a natural occurrence. IE: If I put a hose into a gopher hole the water is going to react differently than some rain falling on the gopher hole. I know some people will say this may be a cop out, but we do have to base some parts of the situation for what they are. Causality is used in science. The cause of a flood that is documented as being by an intelligent being has purpose and intention behind it which is different to the logic of chance and random occurrence.
    07-04-2013 08:04 PM
    Okay, amending resolution as followsiscrimination is bad, always.
    May I suggest an amendment to your amended resolution? Discriminate: to make a distinction in *favor of or against* a person or thing. This to me is a *trigger word* used to shut down discourse(only used with a negative connotation for the last ~30 years), along with ?????-ism, ??????-phobic, stereotyping etc. Karl Rove uses trigger words to manipulate the lizard (primitive/emotional) brains of his "useful idiots" as he affectionately calls them.

Maybe ridiculing,taunting,assailing,deriding would be a better choice. Otherwise I think your resolution is spot on! .........:beer:
    Aquila and badbrad17 like this.
    07-04-2013 08:05 PM
    Whooooaaaaa there. Are you quoting... Science?!

Sent via Note II
    Again I really dislike it when people say this because it is not based on how a lot of educated scientific Christians view our environment or how science can prove lots of things in the Bible. Or in many cases disprove evolution. I can talk science all day and night long. where would you like to start?
    07-04-2013 08:06 PM
    I'm still trying to figure out how a gay marriage thread ended up on the Biblical Flood.

Talk about taking a left turn on the expressway.

Sent via Note II
    It was inevitable ;-)
    07-04-2013 08:07 PM
    Again I really dislike it when people say this because it is not based on how a lot of educated scientific Christians view our environment or how science can prove lots of things in the Bible. Or in many cases disprove evolution. I can talk science all day and night long. where would you like to start?
    Okay, what is the basis for disproving evolution? That's one of the major things that the church and biologists seem agree on: evolution via natural selection. The disagreement there seems to be whether or not it was initiated by God or not, and not whether or not it is happening.
    07-04-2013 08:09 PM
    Well This could be valid if it was just a natural occurrence, but in the spirit of looking at the complete cause of the situation which is God causing something to occur then we "must" say if there is an intelligent being manipulation something then it would not work the same ways as something that is just reacting to a natural occurrence. IE: If I put a hose into a gopher hole the water is going to react differently than some rain falling on the gopher hole. I know some people will say this may be a cop out, but we do have to base some parts of the situation for what they are. Causality is used in science. The cause of a flood that is documented as being by an intelligent being has purpose and intention behind it which is different to the logic of chance and random occurrence.
    I agree that if we make the presumption of supernatural involvement in the universe, we can logically infer that supernatural is not bound by the natural order. That's precisely why accepting the supernatural is difficult.. there's no evidence of anything supernatural ever happening anywhere in the universe... only natural things that were/are not understood fully and correctly at the time. But, is that because the evidence isn't there? Or because we don't know how to measure it? 2,000 years ago it would have been difficult to argue intelligently about the properties of quarks.
    07-04-2013 08:12 PM
1,813 ... 2930313233 ...