06-30-2014 01:17 AM
1,813 ... 3031323334 ...
tools
    No one against gay marriages has ever been able to tell me how a gay couple getting married would effect their straight marriage. Yet they pretend it will. Marriage is hard work. I think they should be more focused on their own marriage, and not what someone they've probably never even met is doing.

Perfectly normal human condition. Fear is a big motivator. Not understanding is a big key too, which is why education on the topic is so important.
    I agree but in many ways it is a bit of a reaction to someones beliefs being undermined. Maybe based in ignorance. Maybe based on concern or maybe based on fear. We are all different people with different emotions and viewpoints.

I haven't mentioned this yet, but I have a niece who is gay and was married last year. Her marriage went horribly wrong and they are now divorced or annulled. I don't blame the fact that they were gay for the issues, but I did see a much different approach to how they treated their commitment and the true purpose of what they committed to. I really don't think that what they had was a marriage as much as a decision to tell everyone that they loved each other and were going to have a committed relationship. I feel that there was truly a missing piece to the puzzle here. Maybe just because of who they were, but maybe also because God was not part of this experience in the end.

Either way I love my niece and she knows it.
    07-04-2013 08:15 PM
    Nevermind, Tapatalk error...

msndrstood likes this.
    07-04-2013 08:15 PM
    You saw condescension, i saw assistance.

Sent from Hotlanta via New Yawk
    You saw assistance, I saw condensation. LOL
    07-04-2013 08:17 PM
    I think I'm getting dizzy...

Wiley_11 and msndrstood like this.
    07-04-2013 08:19 PM
    Apologies, based on the hostility of some others on this thread, I misinterpreted the post.

I do understand what "-1" means. I just didn't understand why he didn't like what I said.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    No worries my friend. It's all good.
    return_0 likes this.
    07-04-2013 08:19 PM

Lay down! Have some chocolate! Stay out of the sun!
    07-04-2013 08:21 PM
    Since when is history considered as "a broad stroking statement"?

History: (noun) The study of past events, particularly in human affairs.

Atheist are more generous than religious people, so I'm not sure what's your point?

Your interpretation does not make something true. If you can't read simple historical events without being judgmental then that's pretty sad. As was stated before "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana.
    But the OP was not about historic events. It was about current events which makes it much different. We can move on. I'll get over it.
    07-04-2013 08:24 PM
    Insert comment about 5th dimensional beings...
    Wiley_11 and badbrad17 like this.
    07-04-2013 08:25 PM

Sorry. I'm on my computer, so I can type faster. Prepare for me to get caught up after a hard days work. I normally do this on my phone so it usually takes longer. Someone once said that debating with me is like playing tennis against 100 people. They hit one ball and I hit 100 back. LOL. Could be true.
    07-04-2013 08:26 PM
    Sorry. I'm on my computer, so I can type faster. Prepare for me to get caught up after a hard days work. I normally do this on my phone so it usually takes longer. Someone once said that debating with me is like playing tennis against 100 people. They hit one ball and I hit 100 back. LOL. Could be true.
    I'd liken it more to drunken beach volley ball, near some awesome sea turtles.
    Wiley_11 and badbrad17 like this.
    07-04-2013 08:28 PM
    You saw assistance, I saw condensation. LOL
    You saw condensation, I saw precipitation.

Oh no, not again.

msndrstood and badbrad17 like this.
    07-04-2013 08:33 PM
    I can talk science all day and night long. where would you like to start?
    Well there's science and then there's junk science. Just want to make sure everyones on the same page. Would be interested in seeing some of this science that supposedly proves anything in the bible.
    07-04-2013 08:33 PM
    You seriously need to take a step back and realize how silly you're being. There was no blanket statement about all Christians. The words used in the statement matter, and there was very clearly a qualifying word in there that you have chosen to completely gloss over.

There ARE some Christians that care more about the unborn than they do about the living. I'm sorry that that fact makes you uncomfortable, but it absolutely is the truth.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    Can you give me a name? Because I would argue that the person is not a Christian. It is an oxymoron. Christians need to produce spiritual fruit which by Biblical definition is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. If these things are not present then the Bible says that they are dead tree that should be uprooted and thrown on the fire.

Just because someone says they are Christians doesn't mean that they are really true believers and followers of Jesus. Many people say they are Christians just because it is easy. Others are completely misguided and do not follow the teachings of the Bible. The "God Hates Fags" sign bearing idiots comes to mind. These people are not true Christians. They bread hate and do not work to spread the teachings of Jesus.

Maybe you are just trying to make a point. I felt it was a generalization. We can move on and call it a misunderstanding. You and I never get along. Well hug and make up at some point.
    07-04-2013 08:35 PM
    I'd liken it more to drunken beach volley ball, near some awesome sea turtles.
    Wut

badbrad17 likes this.
    07-04-2013 08:38 PM
    Correct, the Bible Code is nonsense. I'm talking about something else.

This by itself invalidates the 6,000 year old earth claim and Noah as conveyed literally, indicating that Noah is a symbol and the events surrounding that portion of Genesis took place ages before prehistory.
    You know you made you last comment without anything to back it up right? I can prepare for the text book ;-)
    Aquila likes this.
    07-04-2013 08:38 PM
    Can you give me a name? Because I would argue that the person is not a Christian. It is an oxymoron. Christians need to produce spiritual fruit which by Biblical definition is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. If these things are not present then the Bible says that they are dead tree that should be uprooted and thrown on the fire.
    I think he's talking about radical religious conservatives.

07-04-2013 08:40 PM
    Insert comment about 5th dimensional beings...
    I always loved their music.
    07-04-2013 08:41 PM
    But don't catholics pray to idols, I thought one of the commandments went something like "though shalt have no idols before me" or something similar to that effect. But then again they also claim to communicate with God through a man, also known as an oracle. The very reason they persecuted earlier paganistic religions, but use it to elevate their own.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    I would agree to some degree. There is a lot of disagreement within Christian circles about how Catholics deal with their faith. This was also the reason for the development of the Protestant church by Martin Luther. But Idols are something that replaces God. Catholics get a lot of things intertwined with their desire to be more committed to God so it is a bit different. But I know where you are coming from.

The issue here for me is that religion very often becomes a man made thing rather than something lead by what the Bible or Jesus taught. Humans are vulnerable to being deceived even when there is a rule book that tells them otherwise. I came from a family without any religious background so I don't have a lot of the same thinking as traditional religious systems. I read the Bible and take it for what it is. It is really so much simpler to understand than many people make it out to be. God does not want us to be confused, yet people try to over complicate it and weigh it down with formalities and rules.
    07-04-2013 08:47 PM
    I was talking about the pope... From what I know of catholicism he is a direct link to God, and can communicate with him. Thus the reason for why I called him an oracle. Because that is precisely what he is.

I thought prayer was to be a solitary, heads down, eyes closed state of being where you communicate directly to God. Why would you need to focus on a statue to help you pray, if your supposed to be focusing on God.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    The Pope is more of a Leader. Not in any way to be worshiped. He is supposed to be a connection to God.

Again many very smart and faithful Christians do not believe this to be true. Jesus is our intercessor.
    07-04-2013 08:51 PM
    I can sign on for that. Of course I'd much rather if we all agreed on the one point that religion should have no bearing on legislation, but since that's unlikely, I'm more than willing to say, "I think stuff, you think stuff, cool beans duder". We can always bring this all back up when we're bored in the future.
    I guess I was late to this post... sorry. Like I said I was reading in order and trying to catch up.
    Aquila likes this.
    07-04-2013 08:53 PM
    You know you made you last comment without anything to back it up right? I can prepare for the text book ;-)
    Sorry, I thought it was covered in the previous posts in that cultures much older than the Hebrews have similar stories. If you were to today tell me about Darth Vader and the execution of Order 66, I'd assume that you're referring to or speaking in the context of a movie/story from prior to today written by George Lucas, because his version of the events predates yours. For the same reason, we would assume that the Hebrew accounting of events is referring to or speaking in the context of events recorded by earlier civilizations. No biblical personality ever claimed to witness the flood, just to explain what happened as was conveyed to them. In this way we can either be left with the assumption that there are more than one floods being discussed or that they're speaking about the same one, in which case it happened thousands of years before the chronology established by new earth creationists.
    07-04-2013 08:54 PM
    Wut

I thought we were comparing Brad's debating experience to a sportslike atmosphere. I don't feel like we're playing tennis at all.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-04-2013 08:55 PM
    First of all, I never said that discrimination is acceptable.

Secondly, where in these 740+ posts have you seen anyone reconsider their thought process? I surely haven't seen that here.

I think I have had a change in some ways after reading peoples comments. IT's all great discussion people. Thank you to everyone on this thread for being passionate and dedicated to fighting for what they believe!
    07-04-2013 08:57 PM
    The Pope is more of a Leader.
    Maybe to you, but definition wise they were absolutely correct in calling the pope a oracle.
    07-04-2013 08:58 PM
    Sorry misread the post. delete.
    07-04-2013 08:59 PM
1,813 ... 3031323334 ...