06-30-2014 01:17 AM
1,813 ... 3132333435 ...
tools
    An idol can be many things. A car could be an idol. as per dictionary: any person or thing regarded with blind admiration, adoration, or devotion.
    Like an old piece of paper with scribbles on it about inalienable rights... in a way.
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-04-2013 09:01 PM
    Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you still haven't learned the basic definition of the word 'child'.

It is a selfish person that doesn't take into account what is best for the pregnant woman involved. She is, after all, a real person.

I assumed nothing. One can only go by what you actually post.
    I honestly dislike this topic, but I can;t help but comment. I have pictures of my daughter sucking her thumb while she was only 14 weeks old. She was a little person who had lfe. The wrapping around her was my wife, but she was a person then and is now after 15 years. I know the situations can be difficult, but with people wanting to adopt so much I think that the least someone can do it bring a baby to term and give it to a loving family.

Here is a 12 week old fetus. IT looks like a child to me.
    http://www.humpath.com/IMG/jpg_fetus...malin_12_1.jpg
    07-04-2013 09:07 PM
    "Lol"!?
    Dude there is nothing funny about having a ten year old wife!

(Temporary levity period, ended...resume uncomfortable discussion)

<<<Sent from my Rooted (soon to be) 64+ gig Rezound!>>>
    Pwned. LOL.
    07-04-2013 09:08 PM
    I honestly dislike this topic, but I can;t help but comment. I have pictures of my daughter sucking her thumb while she was only 14 weeks old. She was a little person who had lfe. The wrapping around her was my wife, but she was a person then and is now after 15 years. I know the situations can be difficult, but with people wanting to adopt so much I think that the least someone can do it bring a baby to term and give it to a loving family.

Here is a 12 week old fetus. IT looks like a child to me.
    http://www.humpath.com/IMG/jpg_fetus...malin_12_1.jpg
    He will still say that is not a child.smh
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-04-2013 09:12 PM
    If you guys mind, do you think we could stay off of abortion for the day? Or maybe we could make a thread for it where it's voluntary immersion rather than having it randomly come back in all the time in this one?
    07-04-2013 09:13 PM
    IT looks like a child to me.
    Great. Too bad for you it's not because it doesn't fit the definition. BTW, How many children do you know that have a tail like a monkey, gills like a fish, a heart that has a rate of 3.3 beats per day, and webbed appendages like a frog, all which is what a ZEF factually has.
    07-04-2013 09:32 PM
    He will still say that is not a child
    Only because it's not.
    07-04-2013 09:33 PM
    If you guys mind, do you think we could stay off of abortion for the day?
    Sounds like a plan.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-04-2013 09:36 PM
    Only because it's not.
    Tell that to a mother that experiences miscarriage

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-04-2013 09:46 PM
    Okay, what is the basis for disproving evolution? That's one of the major things that the church and biologists seem agree on: evolution via natural selection. The disagreement there seems to be whether or not it was initiated by God or not, and not whether or not it is happening.
    I can see that I'm not keeping up with the thread. BTW I want to say how much I appreciate your well thought out posts. Always a pleasure my friend.

This is a big question that of course could send us into the next millennium of discussion. So let me start by saying that I attended a course a number of years ago on evolution. The person who instructed the course was a professor at our local University. Although he was a confessed Christian, he did not refer to any Biblical documents of make any religious claims. What he did was detailed (at nauseum) the documented scientific journals for numerous discoveries and things that had been accepted by the scientific community as truths in favor of evolution. But then he brought out future journals from quite often the same publication articles that actually admitted that the original post was false. Over and over were very famous posts that many of us had heard of that were later discounted by the very evolutionists that wrote the original. I was honestly dumbfounded by what I was seeing and reading. There were even a number of things that were being taught in a our current high school science text books that had been completely discounted by "evolutionists". The problem is that our kids go to school and learn false information. They believe it to be true and accept it as real when it isn't.

So I can only give examples of something I remember off hand.

There was a large area of petrified basalt which had been documented by geologists for a number of years. The large walls had been studied, dated and mapped out in detail. All of the layers had been marked by their respective periods. Cambrian, Jurassic etc. Everything was great until the continued moving across the wall and found a very large petrified tree that went vertically through a number of the layers that had been dated and marked with millions of years variation. Part of the tree was petrified while other parts were still rotting wood. The scientists were basically faced with the bitter reality that their studies were based on speculation and very unreliable information.

There were probably 20 or more other examples like this. Some more based on a specific discovery of a certain animal ie: a lizard bird etc. But they all ended up being completely discounted. The issue I really had was that the original article was always heralded as a grand discovery proving the missing link. Front page of at the very least a full page article outlining all the truth that was uncovered. Then 6 months later the article got a small note on page 42 stating "Oops, sorry looks like we were wrong". Disregard that last article. This is all fine and good as it is part of science to explore and discover, but the agenda is biased to the false beliefs of the person writing the article. Which is also okay if the article is not making the claim that it is true. 5 years later the crap ends up in our text books.

I would also like to say that there is also a bit of misconception about evolution. Some people don't understand all of the key things that are in disagreement. For example the breeding of 2 different dogs could eventually create a new pure bread dog. Or a donkey and a horse could breed to create a similar animal within the same species. These animals could change and adapt to their environment based on heat, food etc. The main debate is based on the blending of different species. There is no fossil evidence to prove this. IE: a lizard becomes a bird or a cow becomes a whale etc. This is why I believe that scientist/ evolutionist Stephen J Gould came up with the theory of punctuated equilibrium. There just wasn't any empirical data to validate evolution with fossils so he had to look elsewhere. I believe his theory requires more faith than any religion. There are many non-religious scientists how have said that we are barking up the wrong tree. Evolution is far to full of holes to give it any credibility.

Yet as time goes by the Bible increases in it's validation of what is written. It's amazing how things get discovered and I read it an go, hmm wow that totally makes sense biblically. Do we have all the answers to our questions? Certainly not, but I find I get far more validation of my beliefs as time goes by rather than the opposite.
    07-04-2013 09:52 PM
    Like an old piece of paper with scribbles on it about inalienable rights... in a way.
    Are you referring to John 1?
    07-04-2013 09:53 PM
    You saw condensation, I saw precipitation.

Oh no, not again.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    I see what you did there!
    return_0 likes this.
    07-04-2013 09:55 PM

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    Chances are that he or she doesn't have any children. Responsible parents or parents-to-be would never consider their children to be anything else but their children, from conception forward.
    It is amazing what a gift from God (a child) can do to change one's view on things.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-04-2013 09:55 PM
    Well there's science and then there's junk science. Just want to make sure everyones on the same page. Would be interested in seeing some of this science that supposedly proves anything in the bible.
    Well you can start by researching the validity of the ascension of Jesus after he rose from the dead. Massive information on this. Very interesting and eye opening. Google it.
    07-04-2013 09:57 PM
    I think he's talking about radical religious conservatives.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Those aren't Christians. Those are psychos. Very similar to the radical terrorists that blow up buildings aren't true Muslims. I believe this was agreed to earlier on.
    07-04-2013 09:59 PM
    LOL.... what does a miscarriage have to do with the definition of a word? You really are confused. Seems you're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.
    07-04-2013 10:02 PM
    It is amazing what a gift from God (a child) can do to change one's view on things.
    It's amazing what a dictionary can do to change one's view on things too.
    07-04-2013 10:05 PM
    Sorry, I thought it was covered in the previous posts in that cultures much older than the Hebrews have similar stories. If you were to today tell me about Darth Vader and the execution of Order 66, I'd assume that you're referring to or speaking in the context of a movie/story from prior to today written by George Lucas, because his version of the events predates yours. For the same reason, we would assume that the Hebrew accounting of events is referring to or speaking in the context of events recorded by earlier civilizations. No biblical personality ever claimed to witness the flood, just to explain what happened as was conveyed to them. In this way we can either be left with the assumption that there are more than one floods being discussed or that they're speaking about the same one, in which case it happened thousands of years before the chronology established by new earth creationists.
    Okay but it isn't possible for anyone to witness it because they all died. With the exception of Noah. If you choose to not believe in Noah then this is your choice. But for me it does explain how there could be many different cultures with similar beliefs that were written on different things that were later discovered. Even stories of lost cities like Atlantis etc. can be explained. If there is only one family that remembers the things prior to the flood then the stories would obviously be vague and limited as the families expanded to different parts of the world. Yes the flood would be a very major event that people would remember and document. This is why we find the same evidence of a global flood all over the world. Australia to North America.

A global flood also can explain the ice age. After that much water being pushed into the atmosphere the weather would go crazy. Massive shifts in temperature with catastrophic impact. this is why we find entire herds of animals and dinosaurs frozen in place. It's valid science.
    07-04-2013 10:06 PM
    Well you can start by researching the validity of the ascension of Jesus after he rose from the dead. Massive information on this. Very interesting and eye opening. Google it.
    I did, there was no science to prove anything. So sorry.
    07-04-2013 10:07 PM
    Maybe to you, but definition wise they were absolutely correct in calling the pope a oracle.
    The place of the POpe was to be the head of the church which came from Peter being named as the head of the church. It was later skewed by religiousness which really isn't documented anywhere in the Bible. Anyone that treats him as anything other than a leader is being deceived. Sorry, not trying to slam you or anything. Much respect for your past experience.
    07-04-2013 10:09 PM
    LOL.... what does a miscarriage have to do with the definition of a word? You really are confused. Seems you're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.
    My point is try talking to that mother that had that miscarriage... She will tell you she lost a child not a fetus.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using
    AC Forums mobile app
    07-04-2013 10:09 PM
    This is why we find the same evidence of a global flood all over the world.
    There was no global flood. It was local.
    msndrstood and GadgetGator like this.
    07-04-2013 10:10 PM
    It seems like there is a pretty clear misunderstanding of how evolution works in this professor's mind. According to natural selection, there won't be any "missing links". You're not looking for a monkey person or a lizard bird. There are reptiles with feathers and flying reptiles and cold blooded birds and all sorts of variations of things that lived on earth, but natural selection isn't really completed at a species level, that's just how we observe it on a very basic surface level. It's really the natural selection of specific genes, which is why most massive changes take millions and millions of years. The distinction is between natural selection for the survival of successful genes and interbreeding for the survival of successful traits.

I'm not sure why an evolutionary biologist would be interested in finding anecdotal evidence that "proves" their own profession is a fraudulent one, but apparently they did poorly in studying the actual works involved in their field. Some of it is very theoretical because the fossil record is not complete in the sense of every organism that's ever died has not been fossilized, but if you actually study the science, it is conclusive and I believe it to be compelling. I've never yet met a biologist that believed natural selection was made up.
    07-04-2013 10:12 PM
    My point is try talking to that mother that had that miscarriage... She will tell you she lost a child not a fetus.
    Those that call it that can use whatever terminology that they want. She's not a doctor. Try again.
    07-04-2013 10:14 PM
    Okay but it isn't possible for anyone to witness it because they all died. With the exception of Noah. If you choose to not believe in Noah then this is your choice. But for me it does explain how there could be many different cultures with similar beliefs that were written on different things that were later discovered. Even stories of lost cities like Atlantis etc. can be explained. If there is only one family that remembers the things prior to the flood then the stories would obviously be vague and limited as the families expanded to different parts of the world. Yes the flood would be a very major event that people would remember and document. This is why we find the same evidence of a global flood all over the world. Australia to North America.

A global flood also can explain the ice age. After that much water being pushed into the atmosphere the weather would go crazy. Massive shifts in temperature with catastrophic impact. this is why we find entire herds of animals and dinosaurs frozen in place. It's valid science.
    Noah didn't write anything down though... his story is alleged to be first authored by Moses, who himself also appears in Sumerian legend under the name Mises. Again, that's 2,000-12,000 years prior to Moses in the chronology.
    07-04-2013 10:16 PM
1,813 ... 3132333435 ...