06-30-2014 01:17 AM
1,813 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    everything I've read doesn't even dispute where he lived and how he died. What have you read that puts this into question?

Most of the big debates are on what happened to him after he was killed. IE the resurrection part.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    We know a lot about what he did during his ministries in terms of location. There is a lot of debate over ages 12 through 30 and a less interesting debate about 1-12. The actual birth year, etc. is not nailed down precisely, it's estimated based on estimates of the ages of and locations of other people that are mentioned. We don't have a "biography", we have a "the deeds of" sort of recounting.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-05-2013 02:35 AM
    Labels are hard to use correctly.
    Then why do we bother effing using them at all.

Labels are shortcuts for thinking.

<<<Sent from my Rooted (soon to be) 64+ gig Rezound!>>>
    Aquila likes this.
    07-05-2013 03:07 AM
    Oh, thanks for the clarification. I guess all I can say about that is that an organization does not have to be within another organization for the statement to be true.
    Hence the unapologetic Muslim bashing. As a rule I don't do bandwagons

<<<Sent from my Rooted (soon to be) 64+ gig Rezound!>>>
    Aquila and badbrad17 like this.
    07-05-2013 03:21 AM
    There was no global flood. It was local.
    The flood destroyed everything on earth. What part of "everything on earth" sounds local?
    07-05-2013 09:48 AM
    The flood destroyed everything on earth. What part of "everything on earth" sounds local?
    There is now a thread specifically for questions such as this, as noted near top of page. I have a persistent question i'd like answered pertaining to that flood also. I've never gotten an answer that keeps me from wondering.

See ya there!

Sent from Hotlanta via New Yawk
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-05-2013 09:55 AM
    It very well could have been, modern humans didn't find out the world was actually round until the 1600's. As far as we know it could have just been a flood that covered the middle east, either from the euphrates, Baltic, or red sea.

How would biblical historians actually know that the Americas on the other side of the world from them flooded. The ancient mayans and aztecs have no known records of a great flood throughout their civilization, and they flourished well before Christ was even born up to about ~1200ad.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    msndrstood and GadgetGator like this.
    07-05-2013 12:36 PM
    Most historians do agree that Jesus probably existed
    Please look at what I wrote, I said prove not theorize.

I am not interested in the opiate of the masses. You are free to believe in such myths. I have a very high standard for the truth, and I require credible evidence that the person walked on this Earth. Key word, credible.
    07-05-2013 12:44 PM
    You're right but she's a mother
    She can only be a mother if the fetus is born.
    07-05-2013 12:48 PM

I am not interested in the opiate of the masses. You are free to believe in such myths. I have a very high standard for the truth, and I require credible evidence that the person walked on this Earth. Key word, credible.
    Can you prove that he didn't? Nope.
    07-05-2013 12:50 PM
    Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and James all knew Jesus personally.
    That is just your opinion and not a fact. Please don't state it as a fact unless you can prove it. Thank you.
    07-05-2013 12:51 PM
    She can only be a mother if the child is conceived.
    Fixed.
    07-05-2013 12:53 PM
    Can you prove that he didn't? Nope.
    Actually there is much more evidence that he didn't exist, than he did. Since you are not open-minded on this topic there is no reason to go over any of this.
    07-05-2013 12:54 PM
    Fixed.
    Please don't put words in my mouth. That is highly offensive (and immature).

Thank you.
    07-05-2013 12:57 PM
    Actually there is much more evidence that he didn't exist, than he did. Since you are not open-minded on this topic there is no reason to go over any of this.
    I know that He exists because the Holy Bible says that He did. A man once told me that he had rather believe that God exists and then find out at death that he didn't, than to not believe and find out that He does. And as I stated before, I'll bet that a lot of non-believers on their deathbed pray to God to save them. With the miracles that occur in peoples' lives, I don't understand why they would not believe, as miracles are not coincidence. But the fact is that you don't believe, and I do believe, and there is no disproving either belief. You need proof because you don't have faith, and I have faith and don't need proof. So I am leaving this neverending discussion. Have a blessed day.
    07-05-2013 01:14 PM

He's not my theory lol, my point was that even if you concede a person or teacher, there is still next to nothing known about him, let alone proof of any miracles, etc.

Transmitted through spacetime.
    07-05-2013 01:19 PM
    I know that He exists because the Holy Bible says that He did.
    As I stated (several times) previously, anytime that you want to discuss this topic properly just let me know and we can meet on a forum where the facts are freely allowed to be presented. We both know you won't be doing that, and we both know why.

But the fact is that you don't believe, and I do believe, and there is no disproving either belief.
    Not true. See above. Thank you.
    07-05-2013 01:32 PM
    He's not my theory lol.
    Seems you're taking this personally. Again, please look at what I actually wrote. I never said that it was your theory, just "a" theory.

There is nothing known about him because he was based on popular myth and astrology. Religious people make many assumptions about this topic and one of the first assumptions is that people back then were like people now. They were not. They were highly uneducated, most couldn't read or write and myths were a popular way to teach.
    07-05-2013 01:43 PM
    Not true. See above. Thank you.
    It is true. There are NO facts to prove that He didn't exist. I said "facts", not theories. I think that all you want to do is argue. Good day.
    07-05-2013 01:45 PM
    It is true. There are NO facts to prove that He didn't exist. I said "facts", not theories..
    I'm well aware of what a fact is pappy! The only issue at hand is whether or not you are able to accept facts. I'd say by your behavior thus far that answer would be no, and that's fine, just don't speculate on what is or isn't until you are able to demonstrate that you have an open-mind on the topic. The invitation is still open. Thank you.
    07-05-2013 02:06 PM
    Seems you're taking this personally.
    What? I just replied because you quoted me as if you think that I was preaching in favor of believing myths.

Transmitted through spacetime.
    07-05-2013 02:11 PM
    I just replied because you quoted me as if you think that I was preaching in favor of believing myths.
    Sorry, must be a misunderstanding. I KNOW you are much smarter than to believe in myths. Totally respect your posts
    07-05-2013 02:27 PM
    Just wanted to get the thread back on topic with this

msndrstood and GadgetGator like this.
    07-05-2013 02:38 PM
    Just wanted to get the thread back on topic with this
    Excellant video.

Bookmarked.
    07-05-2013 03:06 PM
    No freedom, til we're equal/ damn right, I support it.

That lyric sums up my view on it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Aquila, msndrstood and GadgetGator like this.
    07-05-2013 03:37 PM
    "God bless America" is a request, not a demand.
    Well, I disagree with that since there is no "May" or "Please" in there anywhere, but moving on.......

You may have heard of some of them. The Salvation Army, Union Gospel Mission, World Vision, the African Children's choir etc. I know many people who have worked for these organizations and many others have have given their time, money and skills to help people who are very much alive. /rant
    Don't even get me started on the Salvation Army. They have been very selective whom they help and definitely have had some anti-gay issues.

It doesn't bother my marriage at all. The only thing that bothers me is the butchering of the English language re: marriage,man,woman,gay. Why change the meaning of words to suite an agenda? Live long and prosper in your relationships, just call it (insert word that doesn't mean something else here) and you'll have my vote!

My wife's middle name is Gaye and she is still mad about the hijacking.
    That "hijacking" was most likely done before your wife was even born. As for the notion that I should call my impending marriage anything but a
    marriage just to make other people comfortable with terminology, well, that's just crap.

I haven't mentioned this yet, but I have a niece who is gay and was married last year. Her marriage went horribly wrong and they are now divorced or annulled. I don't blame the fact that they were gay for the issues, but I did see a much different approach to how they treated their commitment and the true purpose of what they committed to. I really don't think that what they had was a marriage as much as a decision to tell everyone that they loved each other and were going to have a committed relationship. I feel that there was truly a missing piece to the puzzle here. Maybe just because of who they were, but maybe also because God was not part of this experience in the end.

Either way I love my niece and she knows it.
    I'm glad you love your niece, but to say something was missing in their relationship because God maybe wasn't in it, is just offensive.
    07-05-2013 05:17 PM
1,813 ... 3334353637 ...