06-30-2014 01:17 AM
1,813 ... 3435363738 ...
tools
    That "hijacking" was most likely done before your wife was even born. As for the notion that I should call my impending marriage anything but a
    marriage just to make other people comfortable with terminology, well, that's just crap.
    1.Wrong!

2.Please leave my Dictionary out of your neo-agenda.

07-05-2013 05:26 PM
    Well, I disagree with that since there is no "May" or "Please" in there anywhere
    Good point.

They have been very selective whom they help and definitely have had some anti-gay issues.
    For a minute there I thought you were talking about Chick-fil-A....
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-05-2013 06:12 PM
    1.Wrong!

2.Please leave my Dictionary out of your neo-agenda.

I am not even sure what #2 even means. Neo-agenda??
    07-05-2013 06:40 PM
    For a minute there I thought you were talking about Chick-fil-A
    And that man has every right to express his beliefs, but yet he gets boycotted and persecuted for it. Maybe anti-gays should boycott Target, J.C.Penny, etc.
    07-05-2013 07:20 PM
    And that man has every right to express his beliefs, but yet he gets boycotted and persecuted for it.
    I drive past one almost every day. I used to like their food. They were not just 'his' views. He brought his company into it. They will never get any of my money anymore. I mean that. I still won't shop at Burlingtons because of how they used dogs to make their coats, and that was way back in 2007. LOL...

Maybe anti-gays should boycott Target, J.C.Penny, etc.
    Do you work for Sears?
    Aquila likes this.
    07-05-2013 07:38 PM
    And that man has every right to express his beliefs, but yet he gets boycotted and persecuted for it. Maybe anti-gays should boycott Target, J.C.Penny, etc.
    And he should express them. He should also accept the way people react.

JC Penny and Target were both the focus of a boycott by Christian groups. As were Lowe's, Disney, and Starbucks.
    Aquila, AngelArs and badbrad17 like this.
    07-05-2013 07:40 PM

JC Penny and Target were both the focus of a boycott by Christian groups. As were Lowe's, Disney, and Starbucks.
    And boycotts on either side are ridiculous. The only thing that I think should be boycotted is Obummer. Maybe he would go away if boycotted.
    07-05-2013 07:50 PM
    Do you work for Sears?
    Why would you ask that? Actually, the wife works for K-Mart, and they own Sears.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-05-2013 07:53 PM
    I am not even sure what #2 even means. Neo-agenda??
    Neo:a combining form meaning new, recent, revived, modified, used in the formation of compound words: neo-Darwinism; Neolithic; neoorthodoxy; neophyte.
    07-05-2013 07:53 PM
    If anyone really understands their composition relative to atomic fields... as in, where the atoms, that make up you today, were hanging out yesterday... how can they not understand how far outside of reality and reason the need to create divisions is? That is one thing that many Eastern practices seem to intuitively latch onto, prior to the physics needed to enter the questions... we're not one race, we're one field. What exactly do you think you are? The answer to what you really are, despite assumptions, is exactly why most of the hate and fear doesn't matter... you could let it go today, and the human experience would only improve. The converse, latching on to the hatred and fear mongering is directly hurting us and if we want to talk about morals, lets get crystal on what the impact of spreading love and acceptances is on collective consciousness as opposed to spreading fear and hatred. Crack open a book, and then another... the universe is the ultimate rabbit hole and it goes much deeper than any bronze age philosopher could have ever imaged.
    badbrad17 and msndrstood like this.
    07-05-2013 07:56 PM
    And boycotts on either side are ridiculous. The only thing that I think should be boycotted is Obummer. Maybe he would go away if boycotted.
    You don't think its okay for you to choose what company you do business with based on any criteria that you want, including the actions of it's officers, investment practices, policies, or really anything else?
    07-05-2013 07:58 PM
    You don't think its okay for you to choose what company you do business with based on any criteria that you want, including the actions of it's officers, investment practices, policies, or really anything else?
    People are free to do business with whomever they desire. IMO, it is not right to make that decision over a gay support issue. If I did that, I would lose several places to shop.
    Aquila likes this.
    07-05-2013 08:05 PM
    People are free to do business with whomever they desire. IMO, it is not right to make that decision over a gay support issue. If I did that, I would lose several places to shop.
    Perfect, you should make your decisions exactly according to your conscience And also everyone else should according to theirs.
    07-05-2013 08:06 PM
    We know a lot about what he did during his ministries in terms of location. There is a lot of debate over ages 12 through 30 and a less interesting debate about 1-12. The actual birth year, etc. is not nailed down precisely, it's estimated based on estimates of the ages of and locations of other people that are mentioned. We don't have a "biography", we have a "the deeds of" sort of recounting.
    Well there goes Christmas. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Aquila likes this.
    07-05-2013 08:22 PM
    And boycotts on either side are ridiculous.
    How people spend their money is their business. Most people have really turned against them so if they go out of business because of this all the better. Good article here.
    07-05-2013 08:28 PM
    Well there goes Christmas. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    That was already gone though, he most likely wasn't born in December, or even in winter at all. The annual celebration of his birth on December 25th is thought to have originated in the 4th or 5th century. Prior to that it was thought to be in September, though some early biblical scholars thought March. I think they might have been thinking of John the Baptist though, and if so, Jesus being approximately 6 months younger than he, would be in August or September.

Growing up as a Catholic they placed it in April until around 1988, at which time for some reason they switched to September as well. The reason for the confusion, is that for a substantial part of the ensuing time, the number of months was not 12, it was 10. The primary reason it was thought it could not December is because of the story about the Census, which would have been summer or fall, and the mention of shepherds in the fields, which would place it in any season except for winter. In that region, winter can be absurdly cold and road conditions terrible, so migration for census taking would have been much more difficult than when they actually held them, which was in the summer months.
    msndrstood and badbrad17 like this.
    07-05-2013 08:31 PM
    It very well could have been, modern humans didn't find out the world was actually round until the 1600's. As far as we know it could have just been a flood that covered the middle east, either from the euphrates, Baltic, or red sea.

How would biblical historians actually know that the Americas on the other side of the world from them flooded. The ancient mayans and aztecs have no known records of a great flood throughout their civilization, and they flourished well before Christ was even born up to about ~1200ad.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    The flat earth concept was not shared by all people. Including many Christian scientists. This is something that was seriously blown out of proportion.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-05-2013 08:32 PM
    That was already gone though, he most likely wasn't born in December, or even in winter at all. The annual celebration of his birth on December 25th is thought to have originated in the 4th or 5th century. Prior to that it was thought to be in September, though some early biblical scholars thought March. I think they might have been thinking of John the Baptist though, and if so, Jesus being approximately 6 months younger than he, would be in August or September.

Growing up as a Catholic they placed it in April until around 1988, at which time for some reason they switched to September as well. The reason for the confusion, is that for a substantial part of the ensuing time, the number of months was not 12, it was 10. The primary reason it was thought it could not December is because of the story about the Census, which would have been summer or fall, and the mention of shepherds in the fields, which would place it in any season except for winter. In that region, winter can be absurdly cold and road conditions terrible, so migration for census taking would have been much more difficult than when they actually held them, which was in the summer months.
    I agree. I was trying to be sarcastic. I failed.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Aquila likes this.
    07-05-2013 08:32 PM
    I agree. I was trying to be sarcastic. I failed.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    lol I suck at humor. sorry. Either way, fun to try to remember all of this stuff and whatnot.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-05-2013 08:34 PM
    IMO, it is not right to make that decision over a gay support issue.
    They spent like 2 million dollars of company money supporting discrimination. Why should I shop there knowing that my money is going to get funneled into these hate groups? Plenty of other places to shop.
    Aquila and GadgetGator like this.
    07-05-2013 08:37 PM
    Neo:a combining form meaning new, recent, revived, modified, used in the formation of compound words: neo-Darwinism; Neolithic; neoorthodoxy; neophyte.
    Neo-n: funky bright signs that can be used to sell hamburgers. Lol :-)

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Aquila likes this.
    07-05-2013 08:41 PM
    They spent like 2 million dollars of company money supporting discrimination. Why should I shop there knowing that my money is going to get funneled into these hate groups? Plenty of other places to shop.
    I still boycott Ford based on their financial and proclaimed support of Germany prior to and during WWII. I know the current employees have nothing to do with that, but it still rubs me the wrong way. I 100% support anyone choosing to do or not do business with any company based on the decisions made by that company's representatives, or for any other reason really. I might not agree with the reasons, but who cares if I do or not?
    07-05-2013 08:41 PM

What? Not Starbucks! Must have Latte....

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-05-2013 08:42 PM
    I still boycott Ford based on their financial and proclaimed support of Germany prior to and during WWII.
    I don't think everyone at Ford supported that. Alcoa, DuPont, General Motors, Exxon, ITT, National City Bank, and General Electric also supported it.
    Aquila likes this.
    07-05-2013 08:56 PM
    I don't think everyone at Ford supported that. Alcoa, DuPont, General Motors, Exxon, ITT, National City Bank, and General Electric also supported it.
    Agree, I'm just throwing it out as an example but the political decisions made by companies should have repercussions to people of conscience when they're voting with their dollars for how companies should behave, etc. Competition is not restricted merely to product quality ... look at the idealogical battle between Cosco and Walmart.
    07-05-2013 08:59 PM
1,813 ... 3435363738 ...