06-30-2014 01:17 AM
1,813 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    The Bible, God's word, isn't flawed. It's the humans that are flawed.
    They made those laws, not Him.
    I wish he would come to this thread and set the record straight.

GadgetGator, msndrstood and Aquila like this.
    07-06-2013 02:34 PM
    So if a woman aborts at 20 weeks, she should be charged with murder, as it is assumed that she is carrying full-term?
    Murder is a serious offense. Why would anyone be charged with something like that based on an assumption? Again, you make no sense.
    07-06-2013 02:35 PM
    It's the humans that are flawed.
    Yes, humans are flawed. Hence why a man made religion can be flawed as well.
    07-06-2013 02:39 PM
    Oh, you mean like how religion is man-made? And please do explain to everyone how you are able to read gods mind?
    How do you come up with me reading God's mind? The Bible is God's word, and I read it, not His mind.
    07-06-2013 02:41 PM
    Murder is a serious offense. Why would anyone be charged with something like that based on an assumption? Again, you make no sense.
    As you tell me, READ. This is his statement:"It doesn't take common sense to assume that if a pregnant woman is killed the state would seek a double murder charge because they're assuming she's going to carry to term."
    So he is saying that it is based on an assumption. Get it?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, humans are flawed. Hence why a man made religion can be flawed as well.
    No argument there, but God's word is not flawed.
    07-06-2013 02:44 PM
    It's hard to choose who makes a better god, Morgan Freeman or George Burns. In the new TV show 'Save Me' Betty White plays god

msndrstood likes this.
    07-06-2013 02:49 PM
    The Bible, God's word, isn't flawed. It's the humans that are flawed.
    They made those laws, not Him.
    Again, the inability to admit that the bible may be flawed is one of Christianity's biggest weaknesses. Even if the bible is gods word, it is flawed. Anything that says man should not get their hair cut, or any number of other examples, is undeniably flawed.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    Aquila, GadgetGator and msndrstood like this.
    07-06-2013 02:52 PM
    So if a woman aborts at 20 weeks, she should be charged with murder, as it is assumed that she is carrying full-term?
    False. Because in most cases a fetus is not viable at that stage. Most abortions are done by 18 weeks.

✌🎀👑🍭🌞
    07-06-2013 02:57 PM
    As you tell me, READ. This is his statement:"It doesn't take common sense to assume that if a pregnant woman is killed the state would seek a double murder charge because they're assuming she's going to carry to term."
    So he is saying that it is based on an assumption. Get it?

- - - Updated - - -

No argument there, but God's word is not flawed.
    SHE* is not assuming anything, rather SHE has a lot of knowledge about abortion and laws because SHE is the one who has a uterus and those laws protect HER and her right to choose.

✌🎀👑🍭🌞
    07-06-2013 02:58 PM
    False. Because in most cases a fetus is not viable at that stage. Most abortions are done by 18 weeks.

✌🎀👑🍭🌞
    Then why is there a charge of double murder if the woman is pregnant, regardless of how far along?
    07-06-2013 03:14 PM
    SHE* is not assuming anything, rather SHE has a lot of knowledge about abortion and laws because SHE is the one who has a uterus and those laws protect HER and her right to choose.

✌🎀👑🍭🌞
    And the choice to abort, IMO, is an immoral choice. Children need a chance to make it in this world.
    07-06-2013 03:16 PM
    The goals of the organization are to help people. They should be hiring the best and most qualified people, regardless of their sexual orientation.

Me personally? I would never work for an organization rooted in hate. I have turned down at least one teaching job because of it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    I agree. I've hired two gay people who worked for me. They were the best people for the job and did very well. But I don't run a Christian charity. Maybe they felt that the person or persons weren't the best people for the job. I'm not saying they weren't but sometimes there is a lose lose situation if people want to sensationalize the situation and make it political. The media can spin things to the ugly zone when that wasn't the intention of the organization.

I might also add that similar things happen now to white males who are also discriminated against. They could be the best person for the job but they don't get the job. I've seen it happen in law enforcement. Political correctness, or the appearance of it are popular trends these days. Companies and government have to tow the line sometimes and it's unfortunate on all sides.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-06-2013 03:18 PM
    My parents were married in town court nearly 27 years ago. Today this day, only a few of my friends' parents remain together, and only one of them were married in a church. Her father is a pastor. The other marriage were done about 10 years in. God and the church are not necessary to build a great marriage, but the people in the marriage must be willing to work for it.
    I never said it was necessary but it helps. The stats don't lie.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-06-2013 03:20 PM
    God's word is not flawed.
    The bible says that no woman should ever teach, do not call any man 'father' and that a cloth garment made out of two kinds of material must not be worn. So please do tell me why you dishonor your gods word so outwardly? And these are just a few things that the bible says you shouldn't do that I'll bet most religious people do. And I haven't even gotten to the fun stuff like where it says that you should never touch a woman who is menstruating or that a man who refuses to impregnate his widowed sister-in-law should be put to death. Yep, nothing flawed with any of that huh?
    07-06-2013 03:29 PM
    No, they don't. That's the whole offensive part. You are applying your way of thinking and what works for you to all couples. This is what many in the Christian religion do for some reason...push their views onto others and insist that their way is the only way and tell others how they should live. The same as if you said that someone's marriage wasn't good enough or complete enough unless they had kids. Or lived in a certain part of town. Or had a certain income. It's such an arrogant thing to do. And it's all offensive. The couple only needs what works for them.
    First of all I am not pushing anything on anyone. I keep stating my opinion. You are entitled to not agree. But statistically Christian marriages last longer than non christian marriages. So it's not just about my opinion. I didn't say that every marriage that doesn't have God will fail, just that the values and basis for marriage based on Christian principles are positive. Love, respect, commitment, trust etc. may be things you are dedicated to, but I will tell you that not everyone is. Although you may disagree people who are true Christians look at this stuff and make it a priority in their lives. If you do as well then that's awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-06-2013 03:30 PM
    Children need a chance to make it in this world.
    I agree. No need to confuse that with the topic of abortion though.
    nolittdroid likes this.
    Then why is there a charge of double murder if the woman is pregnant, regardless of how far along?
    Because Bush and a republican controlled legislature got it passed on it's third try. That's how laws work, much like DOMA falling so people can be free to bump their penises together in holy matrimony.

If god is against it, he'll smite them or something. He's good at hurting mankind.
    I never said it was necessary but it helps. The stats don't lie.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    The divorce rate in this country is one of the highest. I'd hardly call that a success story.

✌🎀👑🍭🌞
    Aquila likes this.
    07-06-2013 03:34 PM
    ""And the choice to abort, IMO, is an immoral choice. Children need a chance to make it in this world.""

Children do need a chance. It is a shame so many choose to procreate when the foster care system is such a mess. You are also very lucky to have never been in this situation to speak so ignorantly and carelessly. Your "God" is quite a judgemental character.

✌🎀👑🍭🌞
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-06-2013 03:38 PM
    The divorce rate in this country is one of the highest. I'd hardly call that a success story.

✌🎀👑🍭🌞
    I agree but look at what has decreased in the last 50 years or so... You guessed it Christian values and dedication. Again just stating the stats here. We remove God in the name of personal rights and we lose something.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-06-2013 03:41 PM
    Christian marriages last longer than non christian marriages.
    This has already been debunked. Try again.

The Barna Research Group, an evangelical Christian organization that does surveys and research to better understand what Christians believe and how they behave, studied divorce rates in America and found that divorce is far lower among atheists than among conservative Christians. Oh well, there goes another one of those christian theories.... oh, the truth's gotta hurt huh?
    GadgetGator likes this.
    07-06-2013 03:48 PM
    This has already been debunked. Try again.

The Barna Research Group, an evangelical Christian organization that does surveys and research to better understand what Christians believe and how they behave, studied divorce rates in America and found that divorce is far lower among atheists than among conservative Christians. Oh well, there goes another one of those christian theories.... oh, the truth's gotta hurt huh?
    First off... Why do you have to be mean about it? I am not trying to slam you, so why the attitude? We should be able to be civil without the negative vibes.

Secondly I clearly stated "True" Christians. This means that the couple practice what they believe and put their faith as a priority in their lives. They pray together and are active participants spiritually. The survey you linked does not define these things. Although they didn't just ask if someone considered themselves to be Christians (which is good because most people say yes then will also say things like we came from Aliens). But they still missed a number of key things in their definition of what Christian is. Although you may cry foul, to me this makes all the difference in the results. For example they asked if they believed they were Christians and that Jesus was the only way to salvation. Many said yes. But when asked if their faith and God was a priority in their life they ranked it low. So in this case the people are only giving lip service to their faith and are not any different. But when people did rank faith as a top priority the divorce rate was much lower than any other group.

Here is a counter point to the Barna survey
    http://sapphiresky.org/2010/03/04/ch...divorce-rates/

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-06-2013 05:00 PM
    Because Bush and a republican controlled legislature got it passed on it's third try. That's how laws work, much like DOMA falling so people can be free to bump their penises together in holy matrimony.

If god is against it, he'll smite them or something. He's good at hurting mankind.
    God doesn't want to hurt anyone. So much of this was old testament writings. Some may not make the distinction or no the difference, but after Jesus came the old law was abolished.

I'm not going to say God is in favor of gay relationships, but he doesn't hate gay people anymore than he hates the religious liar. God is not about hate.

I had a friend who taught Sunday school overhear a kid call another kid a f*g. So my friend took it upon himself to change his lesson that day. He asked the class if they thought it was worse for a guy to give someone a blow job, or for someone to talk about someone giving someone a blow job.

After the Crickets stopped chirping he was told his services were no longer required.

His point was made.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-06-2013 05:12 PM
    God doesn't want to hurt anyone. So much of this was old testament writings. Some may not make the distinction or no the difference, but after Jesus came the old law was abolished.
    Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

By his own admission, Jesus abolished nothing about the old laws. He did add a new one:

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Nowhere in any of the current books of the bible, or any of the books that have been removed, does Jesus ever say the old laws have been abolished.
    07-06-2013 05:25 PM
    Why do you have to be mean about it?
    I don't consider that being mean but I do consider your response as verification that the truth probably hurts. If the facts upset you then that should tell you something. I'm not trying to be mean, just factual.

I clearly stated "True" Christians.
    You have yet to prove that when it comes to marriage one type of christian is vastly different from another. Good luck with that.

This means that the couple practice what they believe and put their faith as a priority in their lives.
    The same could be said for any couple that is working hard at their marriage. Make it a priority and of course it will work out better. Your god/religion has nothing to do with it.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    07-06-2013 05:33 PM
1,813 ... 3738394041 ...