06-30-2014 01:17 AM
1,813 ... 4243444546 ...
tools
    What do you call it when an armed racist fanatic with delusions of grandeur stalks and accosts you while you are walking around minding your own business? If you don't think there was a fight, where did all of the bruises, cuts etc on both of them come from and how did they end up on the ground?
    I didn't say that there wasn't a fight. I said that there is no proof that Martin was attacked. It is just as possible that Martin attacked him. Maybe it was the pot thinking for him.
    07-08-2013 09:45 PM
    Where did you come up with the notion that Martin was attacked?
    Well, for one, he was shot. I'd count that as an attack.

Unless a nearby tree shot him?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    07-08-2013 09:45 PM
    He didn't attack him. At least no proof or witness.
    So you aren't paying attention, then? Because there was evidence.

07-08-2013 09:46 PM
    Holy cow... yep, how can people complain about being stereotyped with all of the other fundy bigots when they quote and apparently believe their talking points without fail? Hate gays, hate blacks, hate women, hate atheists.... is there anyone else? Oh yeah, reject science, reject freedom, reject thinking... We're done here. There are places where it is okay for you to spread all this hatred and ignorance: it's called a church. There may be some believers out there that actually believe in the love and tolerance, but what is being spewed here is exactly why people resent religion.
    07-08-2013 09:47 PM
    Well, for one, he was shot. Is count that as an attack.

If he was shot in self-defense, then he was the attacker.
    07-08-2013 09:47 PM
    Hate gays
    Never said that. I said that homosexuality was an abomination unto God.

hate blacks
    Show me where I have even hinted that I hate blacks. Some of my best friends are black.

hate women
    Love women, hate abortions.

hate atheists
    Don't hate them. I pray for them.

So, don't go trying to put words in my mouth, as it seems that you are the one doing the stereotyping.
    07-08-2013 09:53 PM
    There are places where it is okay for you to spread all this hatred and ignorance: it's called a church.
    I go to church to worship my Lord and Savior. People like you spew hatred and fallacies about God, just to fit your personal agenda.
    07-08-2013 09:56 PM
    I go to church to worship my Lord and Savior. People like you spew hatred and fallacies about God, just to fit your personal agenda.
    I actually didn't mention you, you rose to the description. I was talking about the attitudes that are shared by a select few people in these forums and a very vocal minority in the country as a whole. I'd love to understand how you think I hate anyone, let alone God or am spreading lies about God. What specifically do you think my agenda is? Please, enlighten me with your analysis.
    msndrstood and return_0 like this.
    07-08-2013 09:59 PM
    So you aren't paying attention, then? Because there was evidence.

What evidence?
    07-08-2013 10:02 PM
    Well, for one, he was shot. I'd count that as an attack.

The butler did it.
    07-08-2013 10:07 PM
    Never said that. I said that homosexuality was an abomination unto God.
    Calling them abominations = hating them.

Show me where I have even hinted that I hate blacks. Some of my best friends are black.
    Considering that you support a person who killed a black person based on his race...

Hating abortions = restricting women's choices = taking away their rights = hate.

Don't hate them. I pray for them.
    Praying for a group of people = condescendingly pitying them = hate.

So, don't go trying to put words in my mouth, as it seems that you are the one doing the stereotyping.
    Actually, you're putting them in your own mouth, as he never specifically mentioned you.

07-08-2013 10:10 PM
    I actually didn't mention you, you rose to the description. I was talking about the attitudes that are shared by a select few people in these forums and a very vocal minority in the country as a whole. I'd love to understand how you think I hate anyone, let alone God or am spreading lies about God. What specifically do you think my agenda is? Please, enlighten me with your analysis.
    I did not say that you mentioned me. I just said that I go to church to worship my Lord and Savior. And I don't have a clue as to what your agenda is, but you always try to disprove any Christian beliefs, seemingly because they don't agree with yours. You argue with Christians for their beliefs, but you get defensive when someone calls you out on your beliefs.
    But you are correct, we are done. Good day, and may God bless you.
    A final reminder: Keep the discussion civil.

Sent from my SGSIII
    The butler did it.
    Telekinetic bullet control! :O

07-08-2013 10:11 PM
    Calling them abominations = hating them.

Considering that you support a person who killed a black person based on his race...

Hating abortions = restricting women's choices = taking away their rights = hate.

Praying for a group of people = condescendingly pitying them = hate.

Actually, you're putting them in your own mouth, as he never specifically mentioned you.

You really just like to argue, don't you? Senseless responses.
    07-08-2013 10:12 PM
    It is ironic in a thread created to celebrate legal tolerance that those who ask people to open up and be more tolerant are "attacking". That just sheds more light on a glaring need for more legislation of this sort to increase tolerance and equality by legal force, since apparently the will to do it based on founding precepts is non-existent. This isn't supposed to be a game of, "the government treats everyone equally unless you're in this or that category, this or that belief structure, etc." And when the general public, let by a media that makes billions off of splitting us into opposing categories, won't stand up and defend those being bullied, you're damned right that the government needs to step in. The hard part to understand is how anyone disagrees that more equality is a bad thing. I've asked that several times and no one has answered it other than, "hey, rich, fat, white Christians are persecuted too!". That's not an answer to the question, it's a justification for behaving like a child.
    GadgetGator and AngelArs like this.
    07-08-2013 10:13 PM
    Oh so you "love" women but you feel that they can't make decisions for themselves? Wow....
    You really just like to argue, don't you? Senseless responses.
    If you think I'm arguing, feel free to not argue back.

And I won't accept your calling my responses "senseless" if you don't provide a rebuttal.

Thank you. Well said.
    return_0 likes this.
    07-08-2013 10:15 PM
    Telekinetic bullet control! :O
    LOL....

Thanks.... I needed that...
    07-08-2013 10:16 PM
    You argue with Christians for their beliefs.
    lol, what seems to be a majority of Christians believe in God, believe in Jesus and ignore the parts of the bible that tell them to hate people, that tell them about talking snakes and creationism. The leading intellectual sources in theology all agree that evolution, particle physics, the big bang and just about everything else is well founded and likely true. They just add into the mix that God started all of those processes.

I'm not arguing about faith with anyone, I'm arguing about the literal translation of the bible. I know it's false, you know it's false (or should, the information is available) ... I've conceded that it's possible that there are deeper meanings that are more true than the surface laymen interpretation. However, 6 literal 24 hour days, in a time before there was a sun, is obviously written by someone who doesn't understand what a day is. Obviously that's a human error, and that's on the first page. There are no less than 25 major errors on that first page.

A few of the christian members and I have had some great discussions about the relationship of science to religion. But since the first 30 or so times didn't catch, I'll say it again: I don't hate faith, I hate religion. The brainwashing part, the oppression part, the willful ignorance, etc. If you tell me you believe in God, I'll respect that. If you tell me you believe in talking snakes, great! I'll giggle, but I don't care what you believe. Until a religion tries to use it as a sword against the weak, that is. At that point, they're inviting the credibility of their justifying force of religion to be called into account since that is what gives them license to hate people.
    AngelArs and msndrstood like this.
    07-08-2013 10:24 PM
    Seems like christians always get thrown into the category wth religious people. I don't hate anyone and its not my place to judge and that should be the stance of any true christian. I do believe God/ creation method. I believe there has to be an architect/builder. I could go to home depot and buy everything I needed to build a house and set it in the yard. No matter how long it sits there, the house won't build itself. You could try adding explosives and setting them off too but I bet you get a mess instead of a house. Its just that even before I became a christian, i always felt there was an architect to all of this. These are my beliefs/opinions.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-08-2013 11:18 PM
    You argue with Christians for their beliefs,
    No...you can believe whatever you want. People quarrel over Christians for their ACTIONS. Big difference. Hate gay people all you want. Believe that we are all going to hell. I really don't care. I neither require, nor seek your approval. But when people get in the way of my rights and start affecting my life, my family, and my finances adversely, a line has been crossed. And at that point, we have a problem.
    07-08-2013 11:28 PM
    Holy cow... yep, how can people complain about being stereotyped with all of the other fundy bigots when they quote and apparently believe their talking points without fail? Hate gays, hate blacks, hate women, hate atheists.... is there anyone else? Oh yeah, reject science, reject freedom, reject thinking... We're done here. There are places where it is okay for you to spread all this hatred and ignorance: it's called a church. There may be some believers out there that actually believe in the love and tolerance, but what is being spewed here is exactly why people resent religion.
    Ahhhhh you used Fundy! My college was all Fundys and Homeschoolers. It was fun times watching all the socially awkward people interact with each other.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    badbrad17 likes this.
    07-08-2013 11:34 PM
    Ahhhhh you used Fundy! My college was all Fundys and Homeschoolers. It was fun times watching all the socially awkward people interact with each other.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    One of the most brilliant mathematical modelers I know falls headfirst into both categories. Definitely hilarious when I get to debate with him
    07-08-2013 11:37 PM
1,813 ... 4243444546 ...