06-30-2014 01:17 AM
1,813 ... 5354555657 ...
tools
    Our country is more divided now, than it has been for many many years. Divided we fall.

Oh wait!
    I thought Obama ran on the premise AND promise that he would rectify that.

Heh. Yeah, right.

I think signatures are stupid.
    How can one puppet solve problems? If your cat brings home a new cat toy it finds in the yard, does that suddenly cause all of your problems to disappear?
    12-27-2013 05:35 PM
    Is that any way to start the conversation? ::hands on hips::

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    lmao (in the supermarket)

12-27-2013 05:36 PM
    How can one puppet solve problems? If your cat brings home a new cat toy it finds in the yard, does that suddenly cause all of your problems to disappear?
    The puppet SAID HE WOULD and the minions BELIEVED he would.

12-27-2013 05:38 PM
    The puppet SAID HE WOULD and the minions BELIEVED he would.

Someone that is not delicious on nachos makes this one talk too. Believing puppets is stupid, especially if you don't know who's voice it speaks with and what their goal is. What's worse.... a lot of people DO know who runs the show, and choose to support one puppet over another because.... not sure why actually, it's baffling. In American national politics, when speaking of the politicians, red is blue is democrat is republican is Obama and his cousin Mr. Cheney. There is one agenda and they are absolutely cooperating to make it happen. Why aren't we cooperating to stop it?

This is worse than realizing that half of the puppets (literally, not politicians) in the world are voiced by either Jim Henson or Frank Oz. What if I wanted to hear someone else's voice? (literally and in the analogy)
    cdmjlt369 likes this.
    12-27-2013 05:43 PM
    http://images.tvrage.com/cguide/118/6869.jpg

Someone that is not delicious on nachos makes this one talk too. Believing puppets is stupid, especially if you don't know who's voice it speaks with and what their goal is. What's worse.... a lot of people DO know who runs the show, and choose to support one puppet over another because.... not sure why actually, it's baffling. In American national politics, when speaking of the politicians, red is blue is democrat is republican is Obama and his cousin Mr. Cheney. There is one agenda and they are absolutely cooperating to make it happen. Why aren't we cooperating to stop it?

This is worse than realizing that half of the puppets (literally, not politicians) in the world are voiced by either Jim Henson or Frank Oz. What if I wanted to hear someone else's voice? (literally and in the analogy)
    I agree, 1,000,000 %

12-27-2013 05:46 PM
    'Duck Dynasty': A&E reverses Phil Robertson's suspension
    12-27-2013 05:47 PM
    Yes I did.

I bet that was an experience. I am glad that you're alive and well though my friend
    Posted on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon Wireless, America's largest 4G LTE Network. Please excuse any errors.
    12-27-2013 05:52 PM
    That's kind of a scary thought, and might explain some of the issues we've had with other countries. Just something for you to consider, many world leaders in the past have used the Bible to justify mass killing. And as previously mentioned, many holy books have been manipulated several times over to justify someone's agenda. The best weapon we have against tyranny is education. I myself can use a lesson in Muslim cultures, but I remember seeing something about how our military groups go do raids (and do raids on the incorrect homes at times), and man handle some of the women, the soldier merely touching a woman is considered very offensive in the Muslim world.
    I would like to understand it more myself. The entire Middle East is rich in history, so I would want to learn the history of the region and about Muslim.
    Posted on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon Wireless, America's largest 4G LTE Network. Please excuse any errors.
    12-27-2013 05:55 PM
    former 1A751 here then they changed the code to 1A951 while i was still active. nice to see someone else who served on here.
    Likewise!
    12-27-2013 05:57 PM
    People can't even discuss Android and Apple without being confrontational. What makes you think that discussing politics would be any better?

Haha
    12-27-2013 05:58 PM
    Isn't that the point of the legislation? Insurance companies were on board with this plan for nearly 40 years before it was signed. They're a little grumpy now because of all the shifting expectations and deadlines, but overall this is the biggest windfall they could ever dream of. They'll make out like bandits until the bubble collapses, then they'll be insulated while taxpayers cover the difference and then they'll own the new system too.
    Let them fail.

And to reply to your post prior, both sides are bought and paid for by lobbyists. Look at ge, the new light bulb we are about to be mandated to purchase because it is more "environmently friendly". A bulb loaded with mercury made entirely overseas.
    We bicker back and forth over who's the lesser of 2 evils, but Washington will never change until you take all of the money out of it. Money and special interest is what is killing this nation.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-27-2013 06:21 PM
    I guess my problems with new laws is instead of writing new ones, why not rewrite the old ones that aren't working? As far as businesses, I don't mind a little restriction, but not to the point where they shut doors and move overseas.

Question, will you support obamacare if it does indeed bail out insurance companies?

I am against all of the bailouts, including the one gwb did.

Sorry, I'm on Tapatalk and the copy and and paste eludes me. So I'll answer your question about the ACA. This will be long.

I'm not for bailouts per se, although I do see the necessity for them in dire circumstances in the event that it affects the world economy.

In the case of the insurance companies, the best benefit is the fact that no one will be denied coverage. Something had to be done, hospitals cannot sustain an insurance-indigent population and remain in business. And even a not for profit hospital is a business, I know I've worked in enough of them. As a former small business owner, I also know over head and deficient income soon becomes untenable.

Since sick and injured people cannot be turned away from the ER, costs not covered by insurance (or the lack of) puts the burden on 1) the patients that are able to pay either via insurance or self pay 2) the hospital itself

The health-care industry has massive, massive overhead. It continues to grow with new technology and the skilled personnel to operate the equipment. Drugs are more exotic and more expensive. Nursing staff and support staff are expensive, but they keep the hospital running and the doors open.

An overnight stay in the hospital cost me $10,000 ten years ago, I can't imagine what it is now. Imagine a trauma case that cost over $100,000 easily, and then months of rehab afterwards. Add at least another $100,000.

In order to recoup their losses on that uninsured patient, they raise their rates for other procedures, room rates, medication rates etc. Then, the insurance company raises their rates to pay the increased hospital rates.

That had been the case for the past 30 years or so, rates kept rising, coverage started shrinking; another manuever in attempt to maintain profits.

So now the ACA. Everyone is eligible for coverage. Hospitals will get paid, so they can stop the constant rate increases at least slow them down to inflation level increases. Insurance companies have a bigger, somewhat healthier pool of insured to collect premiums from in order to pay the hospitals etc. Many who were not previously insured will not utilize the system as frequently because they will have early intervention access and stay healthier, longer.

The concept is not very dissimilar to mutual funds, spread the risk, maximize the profit.

And it originally was a Republican idea, as much as they would like to disown it, it's a fact. Can it be tweaked? Of course. The are ways to go about it sensibly and rationally. In the current political climate, the Democrats won't budge an inch because they fear the Republicans will take a mile. And after 47 votes to repeal it, they have every right to feel that way until the Republicans start acting rational about the ACA and admit there is a problem with the way health-care has been run in this country.

Then the dialogue can start.

jdbii likes this.
    12-27-2013 06:22 PM
    I would like to understand it more myself. The entire Middle East is rich in history, so I would want to learn the history of the region and about Muslim.
    The quote unquote first Assassins (Hashshashin) were theoretically muslim, being Nizari Ismailis, although their name stems from a derogatory term hashishiyya (without any explanation) and Muslims also use hashishiyya to describe irreligious social outcasts. So I guess they were the 11th century secular antagonists to a deeply tyrannical Muslim society in and around the holy land and seemingly centered in what is modern day Syria. Their web stretched across most of the Islamic world, including most of the middle east, Egypt and obviously Syria and the Persian empire. According to mainstream history they were destroyed by the Mongol Empire in the 13th century, although we now know they were still active in Europe throughout the 14th, 15th and 16th century and modern day sects can still be found today, though their military and political power are nearly gone. This is pretty much the extent of my knowledge of Islam... that the Assassin's lived in a world ruled by Islam, but were themselves deeply opposed to Muslim authoritarian forces... which put them in an awkward position during the crusades, stuck between Muslim and Christian armies, both of which hated them.

Time absolutely wasted.
    12-27-2013 06:22 PM
    Sorry, I'm on Tapatalk and the copy and and paste eludes me. So I'll answer your question about the ACA. This will be long.

I'm not for bailouts per se, although I do see the necessity for them in dire circumstances in the event that it affects the world economy.

In the case of the insurance companies, the best benefit is the fact that no one will be denied coverage. Something had to be done, hospitals cannot sustain an insurance-indigent population and remain in business. And even a not for profit hospital is a business, I know I've worked in enough of them. As a former small business owner, I also know over head and deficient income soon becomes untenable.

Since sick and injured people cannot be turned away from the ER, costs not covered by insurance (or the lack of) puts the burden on 1) the patients that are able to pay either via insurance or self pay 2) the hospital itself

The health-care industry has massive, massive overhead. It continues to grow with new technology and the skilled personnel to operate the equipment. Drugs are more exotic and more expensive. Nursing staff and support staff are expensive, but they keep the hospital running and the doors open.

An overnight stay in the hospital cost me $10,000 ten years ago, I can't imagine what it is now. Imagine a trauma case that cost over $100,000 easily, and then months of rehab afterwards. Add at least another $100,000.

In order to recoup their losses on that uninsured patient, they raise their rates for other procedures, room rates, medication rates etc. Then, the insurance company raises their rates to pay the increased hospital rates.

That had been the case for the past 30 years or so, rates kept rising, coverage started shrinking; another manuever in attempt to maintain profits.

So now the ACA. Everyone is eligible for coverage. Hospitals will get paid, so they can stop the constant rate increases at least slow them down to inflation level increases. Insurance companies have a bigger, somewhat healthier pool of insured to collect premiums from in order to pay the hospitals etc. Many who were not previously insured will not utilize the system as frequently because they will have early intervention access and stay healthier, longer.

The concept is not very dissimilar to mutual funds, spread the risk, maximize the profit.

And it originally was a Republican idea, as much as they would like to disown it, it's a fact. Can it be tweaked? Of course. The are ways to go about it sensibly and rationally. In the current political climate, the Democrats won't budge an inch because they fear the Republicans will take a mile. And after 47 votes to repeal it, they have every right to feel that way until the Republicans start acting rational about the ACA and admit there is a problem with the way health-care has been run in this country.

Then the dialogue can start.

Im not for it even if it were made by Republicans.

I will not disagree that there is a problem with our healthcare, but by making the government in charge, we just took something bad and made it worse.

cdmjlt369 and mrsmumbles like this.
    12-27-2013 06:26 PM
    Far right wing is relative to the country/region and to the other political forces at work.

Would you consider this far right wing legislation?

"The maintenance of civil order in society rests on the foundation of family discipline. Therefore, a child who disrespects his parents must be permanently removed from society in a way that gives an example to all other children of the importance of respect for parents. The death penalty for rebellioius children is not something to be taken lightly. The guidelines for administering the death penalty to rebellious children are given in Deut 21:18-21:
    This passage does not give parents blanket authority to kill their children. They must follow the proper procedure in order to have the death penalty executed against their children."

Compliments of former Arkansas State Senator Charlie Fuqua (R).

Everything is relative.

palandri and jdbii like this.
    12-27-2013 06:36 PM
    Far right wing is relative to the country/region and to the other political forces at work.

"The maintenance of civil order in society rests on the foundation of family discipline. Therefore, a child who disrespects his parents must be permanently removed from society in a way that gives an example to all other children of the importance of respect for parents. The death penalty for rebellioius children is not something to be taken lightly. The guidelines for administering the death penalty to rebellious children are given in Deut 21:18-21:
    This passage does not give parents blanket authority to kill their children. They must follow the proper procedure in order to have the death penalty executed against their children."

Just go to a few of the Tea Party forums. I got banned from a Tea Party site after like my 3rd or 4th post. I actually just registered at the site so I could see the forum and what they were saying. I wasn't actually going to post in it, but I did. There was a thread titled something like, "France is persecuting Christians", which dealt with a school girl from France who was suspended from a public school for wearing her Christian cross in plain view. I simply responded with, my wife is French and they have a much stronger separation of church and state. I told them my wife was shocked when a minister talked at a public school graduation in the United States, because that would never be allowed in France. I went on to explain that no religious items regardless of your religious affiliation can be displayed while you are attending a public school in France. People went ballistic on me and all I did was just state the facts. The next thing I knew, I was banned.
    msndrstood and jdbii like this.
    12-27-2013 07:02 PM
    It definitely is. One of the worst things you can do to yourself is let other people influence you without you first educating yourself about the subject. I tend to be skeptical by nature. I've been burned in the past by people that didn't have the best of intentions.
    palandri likes this.
    12-27-2013 07:03 PM
    Im not for it even if it were made by Republicans.

I will not disagree that there is a problem with our healthcare, but by making the government in charge, we just took something bad and made it worse.

The insurance companies were in charge since inception of insurance, if not the government than who?

palandri likes this.
    12-27-2013 07:09 PM

Everything is relative.

Sounds almost bad as abortion.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-27-2013 07:18 PM
    The insurance companies were in charge since inception of insurance, if not the government than who?

What does this have to do with Duck Dynasty?

12-27-2013 07:18 PM

Everything is relative.

I'd have to say about as right wing as people who kill their children to avoid responsibility.

12-27-2013 07:32 PM
    Preconceived notions.

Btw, do any of you guys actually know any 'liberals' in real life? Just curious.

I have always heard that Jesus was a Liberal. And I also started wondering if people like Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and all the hardline right figure heads would be the same people today that would have Jesus put to death.

It also made me think of other people in our history that the far right champion despite the fact that they were liberals. Many of our founding fathers were liberals in the sense of the word "liberal". I remember seeing a quote about how often a conservative identifies a liberal as a hero. It is a little interesting how someone can recognize a historic liberal figure as a hero yet use the word liberal in derogatory fashion.....
    msndrstood likes this.
    12-27-2013 07:43 PM
    http://images.tvrage.com/cguide/118/6869.jpg

That's why I wish we'd get some form of Campaign Finance Reform. I don't see it happening though. Those with money have the money to hold onto their power.

One of the reasons I would've liked to have seen the single payer option used for the AHA is because it would strip away employers holding us hostage via our healthcare plans. I know a lot of people that take lower paying jobs than what they'd like because they insist that the company's healthcare plan is real good. Tax us and provide us with quality healthcare, and it will give employees the added edge of not having to consider their children's healthcare during salary negotiations.

The other reason is the fact that if we become ill and have to go to the hospital, some of the prices that are charged for everyday items is insane. If the government stepped in and said, "No we're not going to pay $20 for 2 Tylenol pills for this person's visit when the price of Tylenol is $X.XX for one bottle" then hospitals would be forced to charge more reasonable fees. The system as it stands now is pretty much a gift wrapped present to the insurance companies, but because so many people were against a single payer system and we had every echo chamber parrot screaming "socialism", we get a system that lines the pocket of the insurance companies and does little for all other parties.
    12-27-2013 08:15 PM
    What does this have to do with Duck Dynasty?

It's the GOP's plan for Healthcare reform, "If you see someone near you that's sick, DUCK, if something dangerous is headed your way DUCK..." Soon you'll have enough ducks to form your very own Dynasty....
    12-27-2013 08:28 PM
    That's why I wish we'd get some form of Campaign Finance Reform. I don't see it happening though. Those with money have the money to hold onto their power.
    There are a lot of movements working to address this. The one that I work on is working towards a constitutional convention to circumvent the congress and install an amendment to the constitution that will strip the campaign finance and lobbying power out of the election processes. It takes 34 states to call for the convention and 38 to pass the amendment. Congress doesn't even really need to be consulted and they can't do anything to negate the amendment without passing another amendment, which would again take 38 states to ratify.
    12-27-2013 08:38 PM
1,813 ... 5354555657 ...