06-30-2014 01:17 AM
1,813 ... 6465666768 ...
tools
    If the GOP removed their anti-gay platform, would you support it?

On a slightly different note, the article you linked to said that NJ Governor Chris Christie, a Republican, believes people are born gay and that homosexuality is not a sin. He signed the bill that banned licensed therapists from turning gay teenagers straight.

Did Christie make the right decision? He's probably feeling the heat from his own party for that.
    They have a few things but that is a big one.
    That one is the auto no go. Mix that with women's rights and anti abortion stance.
    Fix some basic social issue and I would be willing to at least listen. Right now they are so full of hate and bigotry they should never be allowed any power.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    06-06-2014 03:39 PM
    Mix that with women's rights and anti abortion stance.
    Fix some basic social issue and I would be willing to at least listen.
    Some Republicans are pro-choice. Are they just as bad as gay people supporting the Republicans?

You mentioned that you are willing to at least listen. What do you like about the Republican party?
    06-06-2014 03:46 PM
    Some Republicans are pro-choice. Are they just as bad as gay people supporting the Republicans?

You mentioned that you are willing to at least listen. What do you like about the Republican party?
    Right now not sure. The part of hate and bigotry is doa due to basic social and civil rights issues. They hit that point and I am done. I refuse to even waste my time looking deeper.

I was more willing to look at them what 10-15 years ago but they have gone so far off the deep end. First mistake was they did not kick out the tea party right off the bat.
    They have gone from a true counter point to Democrats to as I said party of hate and bigotry.

Right now they are purely the party of hate and bigotry and a vote for them means a vote for hate and bigotry

06-06-2014 03:55 PM
    I was more willing to look at them what 10-15 years ago but they have gone so far off the deep end.
    If we're looking back 10 years, we would be looking at the GOP when George W. Bush was president (2004). If you're looking back 15 years, that would be when Bill Clinton was president (1999).

Maybe there is something from the GOP of that era that they should bring back. What was it that made you consider the GOP, even for a little bit?
    06-06-2014 04:10 PM
    Bigot - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

bigot
    noun \ˈbi-gət\

: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)
    Sounds like more of a left wing thing to me. With the blanket statements made about christians, big business, southerners, TEA party members, how can you possibly think that bigotry is exclusive to just one party? Every time I try to listen to a liberal commentator, I have to turn it off because of all the name calling and belittling of ideas. There may also be right wingers that do the same, but not any of the ones I listen to. It's like a never ending witch hunt on the left. They can't see arguments as anything other than personal attacks. They have no sound, rational basis for their beliefs and must resort to shouting down their opponents instead of relying on solid facts.

As for the GOP, the TEA party should get as far away from them as possible and stick with their more libertarian leanings.
    06-06-2014 07:48 PM
    Perhaps they are trying to change the GOP from the inside. I'm sure it's a tough job.
    Am I a bad person for snickering at your post given the nature of this thread?
    06-06-2014 09:28 PM
    Am I a bad person for snickering at your post given the nature of this thread?
    Well, at least you haven't said anything bad about the Log Cabin Republicans, so there's that. No, I don't think you're a bad person.
    06-06-2014 10:10 PM
    The church that Sarah Palin belongs to had a pray away the gay program.
    06-06-2014 11:19 PM
    If the GOP removed their anti-gay platform, would you support it?

On a slightly different note, the article you linked to said that NJ Governor Chris Christie, a Republican, believes people are born gay and that homosexuality is not a sin. He signed the bill that banned licensed therapists from turning gay teenagers straight.

Did Christie make the right decision? He's probably feeling the heat from his own party for that.
    Considering he was against same sex marriage then that makes him even worse if that's what he thinks. Oh you're born that way? Too bad. No equality for you.

I started off my political voting life as a Republican voter, but their rejection of gay rights left me no choice but to reject them in return. Since then they have gotten off of even more things I believe in, so it's unlikely that they will ever be able to reclaim my vote. And I know a lot of people feel the same way. They built that. And have very little to show for it. Hatred of other people never does get one too far, and ultimately fails.

GOP = Gay Opposition Party, but it didn't have to be that way.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-07-2014 12:41 AM

Sounds like more of a left wing thing to me. With the blanket statements made about christians, big business, southerners, TEA party members, how can you possibly think that bigotry is exclusive to just one party? Every time I try to listen to a liberal commentator, I have to turn it off because of all the name calling and belittling of ideas. There may also be right wingers that do the same, but not any of the ones I listen to. It's like a never ending witch hunt on the left. They can't see arguments as anything other than personal attacks. They have no sound, rational basis for their beliefs and must resort to shouting down their opponents instead of relying on solid facts.

As for the GOP, the TEA party should get as far away from them as possible and stick with their more libertarian leanings.
    Is someone insult by the fact that they support the party of hate and bigotry.

I am sorry you do not like it but the fact remains that the gop is the party of hate and bigotry.
    Vote for them means a vote for hate and bigotry. Truth hurts but until the gop leaves that they are the party of hate and bigotry.
    It sounds like you do not like the truth or can not handle it.

06-07-2014 01:05 AM
    Is someone insult by the fact that they support the party of hate and bigotry.

I am sorry you do not like it but the fact remains that the gop is the party of hate and bigotry.
    Vote for them means a vote for hate and bigotry. Truth hurts but until the gop leaves that they are the party of hate and bigotry.
    It sounds like you do not like the truth or can not handle it.

I don't want to put words in his keyboard, but I think what he's saying is: Are you the pot, or kettle?
    toober and NoYankees44 like this.
    06-07-2014 01:55 AM
    The church that Sarah Palin belongs to had a pray away the gay program.
    I wonder if Michelle Bachman has ever thought of taking her husband to pray with Sarah.....
    GadgetGator likes this.
    06-07-2014 07:26 AM
    Considering he was against same sex marriage then that makes him even worse if that's what he thinks. Oh you're born that way? Too bad. No equality for you.

I started off my political voting life as a Republican voter, but their rejection of gay rights left me no choice but to reject them in return. Since then they have gotten off of even more things I believe in, so it's unlikely that they will ever be able to reclaim my vote. And I know a lot of people feel the same way. They built that. And have very little to show for it. Hatred of other people never does get one too far, and ultimately fails.

GOP = Gay Opposition Party, but it didn't have to be that way.

Sadly, I think the GOP just decided to draw in whatever base they thought would give them the best chance to win. Considering the Religious Right is a big part of the GOP, they figured drawing that group's ideals in would be better for the party. I personally think that their core value has more to do with money than rights, the environment, or any other core value. One of the reasons I snicker at their "Family Values" platform is because they have no problem with throwing family values out the window if it stands in the way of profit.
    06-07-2014 07:29 AM
    I wonder if Michelle Bachman has ever thought of taking her husband to pray with Sarah.....
    Are you suggesting mnage trois?
    06-07-2014 07:34 AM

I actually see it much more on the right than the left, and have seen MANY tea party rallies with racist overtones. Just out of curiosity, I went onto Youtube and did a "racist tea party rally" search. This is what appeared, "About 85,800 results".

Just out of curiosity, what left wing pundits do you actually listen to on a regular basis or as you mentioned, do you not listen to them because you say they are loud mouth bigots? You also mentioned that you listen to right wing pundits that AREN'T the things you say the left wing pundits are, can you tell me those names? I hear the noise on both sides, but I tend to hear more racist, misogynistic, and homophobic speech come from the right.
    msndrstood likes this.
    06-07-2014 07:39 AM
    Are you suggesting mnage trois?

Don't you mean a Prayage trois?
    palandri likes this.
    06-07-2014 07:54 AM
    Just out of curiosity, what left wing pundits do you actually listen to on a regular basis or as you mentioned, do you not listen to them because you say they are loud mouth bigots? You also mentioned that you listen to right wing pundits that AREN'T the things you say the left wing pundits are, can you tell me those names? I hear the noise on both sides, but I tend to hear more racist, misogynistic, and homophobic speech come from the right.
    I don't listen to any left wing pundits on a regular basis. After reading your post this morning while getting ready for work, I decided that I would listen to Sirius Progress all day instead of the normal Patriot lineup. For the most part, it was the same thing I hear from the right, just slanted to their point of view. The hosts were pleasant enough and spent their time being victims of the vast right wing conspiracy, just as I expected. The problems came when they would take calls. One caller actually compared the right wing to the Third Reich while another said that anything bad about Obama was based on his race could only be based on his race and nothing else. It was even worse when conservatives had the nerve to call. Am I missing something here? Is there some sort of point system on who can shout down a caller the most? And the language used by the hosts when berating conservative callers was extremely offensive also. I'm sorry, but adults do not need to use that type of language if they are making a valid point.

As for what I do listen to on a daily basis, it is almost exclusively Sirius/XM Patriot. I start the day with the last hour of the Mike Church show. I listen off and on to Glenn Beck's show, depending on the subject. After Glenn's show is Andrew Wilkow, which is my favorite show during the day and the only one I will listen to On Demand if I miss the live show. I may or may not listen to Hannity, but so much of his radio show is just plugs for the TV show. I sometimes listen to Mark Levin, but mostly only if I don't feel like looking for a music channel to listen to. I'm usually home before his show, but really like David Webb. I wish he still had a show on Saturday.
    06-07-2014 09:19 PM
    I don't listen to any left wing pundits on a regular basis. After reading your post this morning while getting ready for work, I decided that I would listen to Sirius Progress all day instead of the normal Patriot lineup. For the most part, it was the same thing I hear from the right, just slanted to their point of view. The hosts were pleasant enough and spent their time being victims of the vast right wing conspiracy, just as I expected. The problems came when they would take calls. One caller actually compared the right wing to the Third Reich while another said that anything bad about Obama was based on his race could only be based on his race and nothing else. It was even worse when conservatives had the nerve to call. Am I missing something here? Is there some sort of point system on who can shout down a caller the most? And the language used by the hosts when berating conservative callers was extremely offensive also. I'm sorry, but adults do not need to use that type of language if they are making a valid point.

As for what I do listen to on a daily basis, it is almost exclusively Sirius/XM Patriot. I start the day with the last hour of the Mike Church show. I listen off and on to Glenn Beck's show, depending on the subject. After Glenn's show is Andrew Wilkow, which is my favorite show during the day and the only one I will listen to On Demand if I miss the live show. I may or may not listen to Hannity, but so much of his radio show is just plugs for the TV show. I sometimes listen to Mark Levin, but mostly only if I don't feel like looking for a music channel to listen to. I'm usually home before his show, but really like David Webb. I wish he still had a show on Saturday.
    Sounds like someone is listening through a partisan prism. You hear the same kind of stuff on right leaning radio. Both sides do pretty much anything for ratings.

06-07-2014 09:40 PM
    Sounds like someone is listening through a partisan prism. You hear the same kind of stuff on right leaning radio. Both sides do pretty much anything for ratings.

If I hear a host berate a caller, it's time to change the station. One of the hosts today actually told a caller that he was just mad because he had a limp ****. He was so proud of how he handled that call that he replayed the call several times and said he was going to use it as his new ringtone. Is that any way for an adult to behave? Just because you CAN use a word does not mean you SHOULD use that word.
    06-07-2014 09:49 PM

Ok, time for me to make my confession, I was mostly just baiting you to get you to admit that you drink at the "red-koolaid" water fountain. I DON'T LISTEN to any radio from the right nor the left. I'll watch the comedic shows on Comedy Central when I get a chance, mostly Jon Stewart because I like how he flips things and does a lot of "Gotcha" with politicians and businessmen, but mostly with Fox News. I know the right wing considers him to be some radical right wing elitist, but I see him just left of center mostly because it seems as though there's more to make fun of on the right than the left.

That being said, you describe the same things on left wing talk radio that I hear about on right wing talk radio. Who coined the phrase "Feminazi"? Who called that one college student that testified for birth control at Congress a word that I'm sure is filtered by this site? I'm not claiming the left are any better for it nor giving them a pass, but as far as I'm concerned, both sides are offensive and obtuse IMO. I mean they somewhat have to be in order to pull in ratings. I'm willing to bet they're less devoted to the ideology, that they spew over the airwaves, than many of their listeners think.

Just remember that showmanship is as much a part of their program as is their "rage" at the opposition. The element of human emotion is exactly how you're drawn in, just remember not to drink too much of their koolaid, it's been shown to cause cancer in lab rats.
    06-08-2014 05:44 AM
    So, you might support Chris Christie if he changes his stance on same sex marriage, right? I find it interesting that he believes people are born gay and being gay isn't a sin. That's not a viewpoint that many Republicans share.
    06-09-2014 04:53 PM
    Ok, time for me to make my confession, I was mostly just baiting you to get you to admit that you drink at the "red-koolaid" water fountain. I DON'T LISTEN to any radio from the right nor the left. I'll watch the comedic shows on Comedy Central when I get a chance, mostly Jon Stewart because I like how he flips things and does a lot of "Gotcha" with politicians and businessmen, but mostly with Fox News. I know the right wing considers him to be some radical right wing elitist, but I see him just left of center mostly because it seems as though there's more to make fun of on the right than the left.

That being said, you describe the same things on left wing talk radio that I hear about on right wing talk radio. Who coined the phrase "Feminazi"? Who called that one college student that testified for birth control at Congress a word that I'm sure is filtered by this site? I'm not claiming the left are any better for it nor giving them a pass, but as far as I'm concerned, both sides are offensive and obtuse IMO. I mean they somewhat have to be in order to pull in ratings. I'm willing to bet they're less devoted to the ideology, that they spew over the airwaves, than many of their listeners think.

Just remember that showmanship is as much a part of their program as is their "rage" at the opposition. The element of human emotion is exactly how you're drawn in, just remember not to drink too much of their koolaid, it's been shown to cause cancer in lab rats.
    The problem seems to me to be the radical rhetoric from the far right. Anti government, anarchist comments that end up with bullets flying every damn day in this country. I grew up in the 60's and as bad as everything was back then, it's 10x worse now.

I'm afraid to take my grand kids to Walmart or the freaking movies or to the mall. I'm always looking for an exit, a wall or some other barrier to duck behind 'just in case'. I don't dare look at another driver at the red light in case they are carrying and pissed off at the world and they decide I looked at them wrong.

This nation wide anger problem is spiraling out of control fast. I don't see it slowing down but rather with the ramped up rhetoric of late, it looks to go only one way and as a nation we are in deeper trouble than anyone wants to admit.

I thought Europe was the refuge of sanity, however in their last elections earlier this month, the far right is taking over there as well. I am fast losing hope for the future of humanity.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    06-09-2014 06:20 PM
    I started off my political voting life as a Republican voter, but their rejection of gay rights left me no choice but to reject them in return.
    The Log Cabin and Metroplex Republicans seem to think the GOP is still worth their time and effort, even if the other party members reject them because of their sexual orientation.
    06-09-2014 06:31 PM
    The problem seems to me to be the radical rhetoric from the far right. Anti government, anarchist comments that end up with bullets flying every damn day in this country. I grew up in the 60's and as bad as everything was back then, it's 10x worse now.

I'm afraid to take my grand kids to Walmart or the freaking movies or to the mall. I'm always looking for an exit, a wall or some other barrier to duck behind 'just in case'. I don't dare look at another driver at the red light in case they are carrying and pissed off at the world and they decide I looked at them wrong.

This nation wide anger problem is spiraling out of control fast. I don't see it slowing down but rather with the ramped up rhetoric of late, it looks to go only one way and as a nation we are in deeper trouble than anyone wants to admit.

I thought Europe was the refuge of sanity, however in their last elections earlier this month, the far right is taking over there as well. I am fast losing hope for the future of humanity.

It definitely feels like it's getting worse sometimes. I just hope we don't hit rock bottom before we decide to do something about it, although I'm starting to feel some of the concrete....
    msndrstood likes this.
    06-09-2014 06:47 PM
    It definitely feels like it's getting worse sometimes. I just hope we don't hit rock bottom before we decide to do something about it, although I'm starting to feel some of the concrete....
    We had anti war marches, assassinations, Kent State, riots etc. But that was limited to certain factions, it wasn't like everyday people just going nuts and shooting the hell out of people at the grocery store or the movies. I dread leaving the house any more. 😢

06-09-2014 06:50 PM
1,813 ... 6465666768 ...