06-30-2014 01:17 AM
1,813 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I'm thinking that's not what he meant. I think he meant nature doesn't come with instructions, do whatever you want with it. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not.

What?! ... I'm msndrstood.
    via Note II
    I hope I misunderstood lol

โœŒ๐ŸŽ€๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿญ๐ŸŒž
    06-29-2013 11:57 AM
    Not to point fingers but arent all Christians taught to hate non-Christians?

โœŒ๐ŸŽ€๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿญ๐ŸŒž
    No, actually, they're not. The bible says that he who has not loved his neighbor cannot enter into the gates of heaven. Hate in the bible is equivalent to murder. Any Christian who hates a non Christian is a hypocritical christian.

Reference;
    1 John 3:15 ESV

Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    06-29-2013 11:59 AM
    Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean that its an inconsequential issue. This is effecting millions of peoples lives. It isn't some fad, Danny, its not about labels. Its about equality. This is an issue that effects how someone LIVES. The problem with this country isn't bout how spoiled we are. Its about how callous we are with each other and how divided we are on things as simple as equal opportunity. Try as you might to believe it, the gay community is active, and they want the rights they DESERVE. If the women quit fighting for their right to vote because someone said it was silly and a "first world issue," I guarantee you you wouldn't see me here, and you sure as heck wouldn't be married to the woman you are today. If the African Americans just gave up on being treated as equal because it was just a "fad," we would be an even more bigoted and ignorant country than we are today. You cant just limit someone's rights because you don't like what they are doing. We've had this conversation before. Let someone have told you you couldn't marry your wife because it wasn't NORMAL. I bet you'd have been pretty offended.
    That's the asinine thing about labeling people. Because she's black, she's automatically an African-American? She is neither from Africa, nor America, and she takes offense when people label her as such, just because some American Blacks (and "politically correct" White people) decided they needed to be labeled. Is that "broadening people's minds"? Or isn't it rather just narrowing people's minds.

Sent from Hotlanta via New Yawk
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    06-29-2013 12:09 PM
    That's the asinine thing about labeling people. Because she's black, she's automatically an African-American? She is neither from Africa, nor America, and she takes offense when people label her as such, just because some American Blacks (and "politically correct" White people) decided they needed to be labeled. Is that "broadening people's minds"? Or isn't it rather just narrowing people's minds.

I wasn't talking about your wife when I said African Americans...I was talking about the civil movement...because I was listing examples in American history where a group of people fought for equal opportunity...

06-29-2013 12:19 PM

โœŒ๐ŸŽ€๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿญ๐ŸŒž
    Umm. No. They are taught to love everyone as they love themselves.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Aquila likes this.
    06-29-2013 12:44 PM
    I think the problem with all debates regardless of whether they are about race, sexual preferences, religion or cell phones is that we just want to have something that we believe is true and best for us in the end. There are debates that can go on and on and never get resolved. But people are all biased in some ways and all of us want to preserve our own interests. This is because we are all inherently selfish from birth. Some people more than others but we are all self serving at some point. The lines between being bigots or homophobic or atheists are small and large depending on the circumstances and what we believe to be right at a certain time. This doesn't mean it's true absolutely just that we believe it to be true in our own minds at the time.

This study shows how fast children's attitudes can change when it comes to racism and segregation. Pretty amazing stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Aquila and nolittdroid like this.
    06-29-2013 12:54 PM
    Have any of you ever ventured outside your cozy little worlds to see what the real world is like? Have you even taken the time to do some Google image searching to see children that are starving so much that their ribs are showing through their tiny little bodies?

Do any of you have any idea what real problems are? The next phone, with a bigger screen? Faster processor? More gigabytes? Seriously???

Hate breeds inequality, inequality breeds intolerance, and intolerance breeds violence. When you are a member of a minority that has had violence inflicted upon it by the intolerant, when members of your minority are killing themselves rather than having to deal with the intolerance of others, you may understand why this is so important. You may see it as inconsequential, but it is not. You may see it as small potatoes compared to some of the problems in the rest of the world, but it is not.

If we allow inequality to exist, it will flourish. If we allow hate to propagate, it will consume us all.
    msndrstood and GadgetGator like this.
    06-29-2013 01:44 PM
    Not to point fingers, but aren't Muslims taught to hate all non-Muslims?
    Funny you say that, it's actually the opposite.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    06-29-2013 02:46 PM

Yeah its not regular Muslims that believe that, its islamists. (Think: leadership of Iran)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    return_0 likes this.
    06-29-2013 03:18 PM

โœŒ๐ŸŽ€๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿญ๐ŸŒž
    I was never taught that. Can you say when a Christian went and taught Christians to kill non-Christians? I can name numerous cases when Muslims taught other Muslims to kill non-Muslims.
    06-29-2013 03:29 PM
    No, actually, they're not. The bible says that he who has not loved his neighbor cannot enter into the gates of heaven. Hate in the bible is equivalent to murder. Any Christian who hates a non Christian is a hypocritical christian.

Reference;
    1 John 3:15 ESV

Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

You hit the nail on the head with that comment.

What I do not get is why blacks from the Dominican Republic are labeled as "Africans." They do not come from Africa. Hell, I would like to be labeled as a "European American," but that isn't a choice for some reason.
    I wasn't talking about your wife when I said African Americans...I was talking about the civil movement...because I was listing examples in American history where a group of people fought for equal opportunity...

Which they are getting a more than equal share. On the last census blacks accounted for around 12.6%, but are given far more advantages than other ethnic groups.
    Umm. No. They are taught to love everyone as they love themselves.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Well said.

Yeah its not regular Muslims that believe that, its islamists. (Think: leadership of Iran)

Really? Everything that I was taught about the Muslim religion stated, more or less, that they are taught to hate non-Muslims.
    06-29-2013 03:40 PM
    You hit the nail on the head with that comment.

What I do not get is why blacks from the Dominican Republic are labeled as "Africans." They do not come from Africa. Hell, I would like to be labeled as a "European American," but that isn't a choice for some reason.

Which they are getting a more than equal share. On the last census blacks accounted for around 12.6%, but are given far more advantages than other ethnic groups.

Well said.

Really? Everything that I was taught about the Muslim religion stated, more or less, that they are taught to hate non-Muslims.
    You were taught wrong. Muslims are taught to love everyone. Islamists have twisted that and are the ones that hate non Muslims. But, that's a discussion for another thread.

nolittdroid, Aquila and return_0 like this.
    06-29-2013 03:55 PM
    See...I lost interest in this thread when it went WAY off-topic and started becoming about college admission and stuff like that. I don't think that was the point here, and that's definitely not what I wanted to discuss when I joined this conversation.

Oh well. Kinda how this section goes I guess.
    jdbii, GadgetGator, gnr_2 and 1 others like this.
    06-29-2013 04:00 PM
    I was never taught that. Can you say when a Christian went and taught Christians to kill non-Christians? I can name numerous cases when Muslims taught other Muslims to kill non-Muslims.
    So you can make a generalization that all Muslims are evil murderers?

nolittdroid likes this.
    06-29-2013 04:00 PM
    See...I lost interest in this thread when it went WAY off-topic and started becoming about college admission and stuff like that. I don't think that was the point here, and that's definitely not what I wanted to discuss when I joined this conversation.

Yeah...

Transmitted through spacetime.
    06-29-2013 04:02 PM
    To swing it back on topic: marriages have resumed in California now. The plaintiffs in the case that took Prop 8 down are officially married, and because of the DOMA ruling their marriage is also officially recognized by the federal government. A nice double whammy for those two.

Hopefully my home state of Illinois will finally pass their marriage equality bill.

06-29-2013 04:06 PM
    If not, IA is nice this time of year and our Constitution prohibits unequal rights.

Transmitted through spacetime.
    msndrstood likes this.
    06-29-2013 04:10 PM
    The reason this isn't a state issue is that there are Federal laws and regulations that are based on marital status, like immigration and military base stuff.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus
    GadgetGator likes this.
    06-29-2013 04:25 PM
    I see post ALL the time calling for the stoning to death of gay people and citing the Christian Bible to support that. If you go back in time, certain people were claimed to be ungodly witches and killed for it. Further back then that would be the calls to kill people who suggest the world was anything but flat. Some humans just can't seem to accept other humans or other ideas. I guess they feel threatened in some way.

People should just accept other people and other religions and mind their own business. It would be a lot more peaceful world.
    msndrstood, jdbii, gnr_2 and 1 others like this.
    06-29-2013 05:00 PM
    Ok, I presented this question to a very anti gay marriage right wing friend. Many children have been born with both male and female genitalia. The Dr's and the parents decide which sex the child will be and surgery is performed. Many times the sex choice of the parents and Dr. was wrong. So is god going to damn the child to hell later in life for being a homosexual when someone else made the choice of their sex? Do they then have no rights? My friend was speechless, a reply needed actual thinking instead of an emotional reply.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    GadgetGator likes this.
    06-29-2013 05:18 PM
    The reason this isn't a state issue is that there are Federal laws and regulations that are based on marital status, like immigration and military base stuff.

Also, it is federal because it applies across state lines, just like VA v Loving did in the 60s. If I'm married in MA and move to VA, I should still be married. If not, I want that for my heterosexual marriage, no fair!

06-29-2013 06:07 PM
    I see post ALL the time calling for the stoning to death of gay people and citing the Christian Bible to support that. If you go back in time, certain people were claimed to be ungodly witches and killed for it. Further back then that would be the calls to kill people who suggest the world was anything but flat. Some humans just can't seem to accept other humans or other ideas. I guess they feel threatened in some way.

People should just accept other people and other religions and mind their own business. It would be a lot more peaceful world.
    But this was not biblical teaching. This was indoctrination of man. Huge difference. And the flat earth thing is such bunk. This was believed by very few educated people of that time.

But I agree with your point.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    06-29-2013 06:10 PM

Since this is directed at me, I will answer this. As I have pointed out earlier, that comment was directed at the OP's post saying how minorities are discriminated at. I pointed out that the majority is more often than not discriminated against when there is a quota to be met.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-29-2013 06:12 PM
    Ok, I presented this question to a very anti gay marriage right wing friend. Many children have been born with both male and female genitalia. The Dr's and the parents decide which sex the child will be and surgery is performed. Many times the sex choice of the parents and Dr. was wrong. So is god going to damn the child to hell later in life for being a homosexual when someone else made the choice of their sex? Do they then have no rights? My friend was speechless, a reply needed actual thinking instead of an emotional reply.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    Every case I have read about people who have been subjected to this surgery have actually ended up following their proper X or Y chromosome pattern. Most of the time they have ended up screwed up because the doctor tried to use the opposite chromosome. This is not a good example of justifying a homosexual lifestyle. Everyone is born male or female. A mutation or birth defect doesn't mean we can choose.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    06-29-2013 06:14 PM
    Since this is directed at me, I will answer this. As I have pointed out earlier, that comment was directed at the OP's post saying how minorities are discriminated at. I pointed out that the majority is more often than not discriminated against when there is a quota to be met.

California has had an affirmative action ban for a while.

Here is the thing though, California is a pretty diverse state. Oddly conservative to some items, very liberal on others.

We don't see polls like the one the in Mississipi were it was stated that were still many members of the population that still wants a ban on interracial marriage.

Maybe the problem with your statement is that those situations are still needed since some tendencies just don't seem to go away.

- - - Updated - - -

California has had an affirmative action ban for a while.

Here is the thing though, California is a pretty diverse state. Oddly conservative to some items, very liberal on others.

We don't see polls like the one the in Mississipi were it was stated that were still many members of the population that still wants a ban on interracial marriage.

Maybe the problem with your statement is that those situations are still needed since some tendencies just don't seem to go away.
    06-29-2013 06:49 PM
1,813 ... 56789 ...