06-30-2014 01:17 AM
1,813 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Is there really somebody pacing the Earth with a pitchfork? And a bunny? And a jovial fat guy?

Sent from Hotlanta via New Yawk
    Hey..... you prejudiced on the toothy recycling fairy or sumthin?!?! lol ltm ltmol
    gnr_2 and Aquila like this.
    06-30-2013 10:45 AM
    Hey..... you prejudiced on the toothy recycling fairy or sumthin?!?! lol ltm ltmol

Wiley_11 likes this.
    06-30-2013 10:51 AM
    So in essence you condone discrimination against the majority? And if your jab about the South is meant to insult me, it doesnt. I was neither born nor raised in the south, I just happen to be stationed here. I find it hypocritical that blacks want to be given preferential treatment while saying that they are discriminated against. What they are asking is to discriminate against the majority.
    A couple things, I do not like the idea of affirmative action, but I think it is a necessary in some areas of the country.

I think if it didn't exist then blatant discrimination would happen in the other direction.

No jab intended about the South, my points were that old feelings and habits take a long time to die out. The South is were a lot of these old habits are from.

The video and the other incidents I brought up are overt racism put in peoples faces. This is not covert it is in people's faces. That and other views are starting to strongly show up in ways that they havent in years.
    06-30-2013 11:08 AM
    God does not "damn" anyone to hell, including homosexuals.Homosexuals can be saved, just like anyone else. All they have to do is ask Jesus Christ to come into their heart, and forgive them of their sins. But they are still sinners if they continue to practice homosexuality, but every person is a sinner till the day they die. No one is perfect.
    You state all that as if it were a provable fact. It might be in your mind, but it's not actually. In reality, it's your belief. When you factor all the other religions in the world, the atheist, the gays, and their supporters, you find that most people on the planet do not subscribe to your beliefs. It's absolutely illogical to think that a supreme being would make you how you are (and make no mistake, it's from birth, not later on), and then punish you for it. It's every bit as ludicrous as saying that God makes heterosexuals but then throws them in a lake of fire should they ever act upon their feelings that were not created by them. But then again, this is the same religion that has produced illogical "facts" like a world wide flood where every single creature on the planet except on a boat needed to be drowned and suffer (even the other animals? Even babies? What did they do?) and likes to drop the Adam and Eve not Steve line, when chastising gay people (never stopping to think if there were only two people, where did those Grandkids come from?). So maybe expecting logic on the subject of gay people is expecting too much.
    06-30-2013 11:52 AM
    According to the Bible, which is the Word of God, if you do not accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, your chances of going to hell are 100%.
    There ya go. Not to derail the topic, but looks like that question on whether or not Christians are taught to hate non-Christians has been answered.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    06-30-2013 11:57 AM
    There ya go. Not to derail the topic, but looks like that question on whether or not Christians are taught to hate non-Christians has been answered.

Just because you acknowledge that someone is damned doesn't mean you have to hate them

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    06-30-2013 12:34 PM
    Just because you acknowledge that someone is damned doesn't mean you have to hate them

I'd count telling someone they will go to hell as hate.

Aquila likes this.
    06-30-2013 12:39 PM
    Your specific comment was about discrimination against the minorities, period. I am sure if said mod bothered to read the post that I quoted, he would see that I was replying to something that you said.
    Ah such irony to hear you say that a mod didn't bother to read your post when apparently you didn't even go back and read mine. You're just wrong. If you want to debate someone on a point they made, you should at least refer back to the text of the original point (post #6). I already paraphrased it for you which you disagreed with, now I am going to directly quote it word for word:

Why would the government be interested in protecting the rights of a minority? Seriously? How would the minority EVER obtain equality if left up to only others to decide their fate and lot in life? The number of gay people is roughly a fixed number. It neither increases nor decreases, therefore gay people can never be in the majority.
    Repeatedly you have tried to spin this thread into your own affirmative action agenda, which is something that I never was discussing and outside the context and scope of both my comments as well as the thread subject. Multiple people have told you this now. I don't know why you keep trying to make it into something it was not and why you cannot stick to the DOMA/Prop 8/gay subjects of this thread.
    06-30-2013 12:43 PM
    I don't know....before the election in 2008, I was at a No on Prop 8 rally. These two older ladies were crossing the street with their shopping bags, looked very quiet, mild-mannered, and totally non-threatening. As they got close to me, one glared, pointed a finger at me and said "You're all going to hell" in a very evil sounding voice...think Wicked Witch of the West. It sounded almost exactly like that but without the "and your little dog too". I was dumbfounded and shocked. It was pretty hateful. Course that was only the beginning. At other events I would later be told that I wanted to marry some guy's dog next and flipped off more times then I can count. Including in front of shopping malls at Christmas and even a church at another time of the year. I know most anti-gay people don't think of themselves as hateful, but it is what it is. When you try to take rights away from someone, flip them off and menacingly screech that people are going to hell, that's pretty hateful.
    gnr_2 likes this.
    06-30-2013 12:56 PM
    I'd count telling someone they will go to hell as hate.

I guess that's to each their own then. I know many christians who pray for people instead of condemning them, because it is not their place to judge. Even though they KNOW that the person they are praying for is a sinner, they have compassion for them and and that is why they care about the eternal status of their soul. I'm not christian, but I was raised to be one. Not every christian hates nonchristians and it is unfair to group them as so.

Live2ride883 likes this.
    06-30-2013 01:01 PM
    I guess that's to each their own then. I know many christians who pray for people instead of condemning them, because it is not their place to judge. Even though they KNOW that the person they are praying for is a sinner, they have compassion for them and and that is why they care about the eternal status of their soul. I'm not christian, but I was raised to be one. Not every christian hates nonchristians and it is unfair to group them as so.

Then isn't it also unfair to group Muslims in a similar way?

06-30-2013 01:09 PM

It is, very much so. I never claimed all muslims hate non muslims.

return_0 and Aquila like this.
    06-30-2013 01:19 PM

How quickly we forget all the peaceful Muslims that were cheering, dancing and celebrating in the streets when their brothers slammed two passenger airplanes into the World Trade Center, killing thousands.

How easily we forget.

06-30-2013 01:21 PM
    Well, it's official....emergency petition denied. Their efforts to stop marriages and drag this out another three weeks has failed. No going back now! Prop 8 will forever-more be known as "flop 8".

Justice Kennedy denies motion to halt gay marriage - Wire Nation/World - The Sacramento Bee
    nolittdroid and Aquila like this.
    06-30-2013 01:22 PM
    Its unfair to group any set of people in such a way whether it is religous, race, sexual orientation. There are good people and bad people in every dynamic. I am a christian and disagree with certain choices people make as I'm sure others disagree with me. We are taught(as christians) to disagree with the sin not the person. I don't hate anyone nor is it up to me to judge.
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-30-2013 01:25 PM
    How quickly we forget all the peaceful Muslims that were cheering, dancing and celebrating in the streets when their brothers slammed two passenger airplanes into the World Trade Center, killing thousands.

How easily we forget.

Racist much?

06-30-2013 01:27 PM
    A couple things, I do not like the idea of affirmative action, but I think it is a necessary in some areas of the country.

I think if it didn't exist then blatant discrimination would happen in the other direction.

No jab intended about the South, my points were that old feelings and habits take a long time to die out. The South is were a lot of these old habits are from.

The video and the other incidents I brought up are overt racism put in peoples faces. This is not covert it is in people's faces. That and other views are starting to strongly show up in ways that they havent in years.
    True, but discrimination is a two way street, not a one way street like some try to make you believe. And no offense was taken, I just wanted to make it known that if it was a jab at the South, that I am not from the South. I was just fortunate enough to get stationed here. All I can say is that the weather is awesome!
    Ah such irony to hear you say that a mod didn't bother to read your post when apparently you didn't even go back and read mine. You're just wrong. If you want to debate someone on a point they made, you should at least refer back to the text of the original point (post #6). I already paraphrased it for you which you disagreed with, now I am going to directly quote it word for word:

Repeatedly you have tried to spin this thread into your own affirmative action agenda, which is something that I never was discussing and outside the context and scope of both my comments as well as the thread subject. Multiple people have told you this now. I don't know why you keep trying to make it into something it was not and why you cannot stick to the DOMA/Prop 8/gay subjects of this thread.
    Irony? Unlikely! I did read your post, and the part that I was attacking was the part saying Why would the government be interested in protecting the rights of a minority? Seriously? How would the minority EVER obtain equality if left up to only others to decide their fate and lot in life? Which I have pointed out is false, and I gave numerous examples. You are the one trying to say that I am wrong, when I obviously am not! Perhaps you're just afraid that it will come out that the "majority" is discriminated against too.

Well said, Jennifer!
    06-30-2013 01:28 PM
    It is, very much so. I never claimed all muslims hate non muslims.

I know, but someone else did.

nolittdroid likes this.
    06-30-2013 01:28 PM
    So non-Christians go to hell, but racists don't?

Did I ever say anything like that?
    I don't even believe in hell.

msndrstood likes this.
    06-30-2013 01:31 PM
    Did I ever say anything like that?
    I don't even believe in hell.

Never mind. Failed analogy.

06-30-2013 01:33 PM
    You seem to believe in racism.

Lol, I'm white, my wife of ten years is black.

Next

06-30-2013 01:34 PM
    Lol, I'm white, my wife of ten years is black.

Next

You don't have to discriminate against all groups to be considered racist. Anyways, I digress. I don't want to call you a racist, but you seem to be stereotyping groups.

06-30-2013 01:40 PM
    You don't have to discriminate against all groups to be considered racist. Anyways, I digress. I don't want to call you a racist, but you seem to be stereotyping groups.

Since when are gay people a race?
    Doesn't somebody have to be of a certain race to be discriminated against by racists?

06-30-2013 01:42 PM
    Since when are gay people a race?
    Doesn't somebody have to be of a certain race to be discriminated against by racists?

I'm counting discrimination against religions as racist, for lack of a better word.

06-30-2013 01:43 PM
    I'm counting discrimination against religions as racist, for lack of a better word.

Racist is a very strong word; you shouldn't throw it around so haphazardly.

Oh, and what religion are gay people?

Wiley_11 and Aquila like this.
    06-30-2013 01:44 PM
1,813 ... 7891011 ...