07-08-2013 11:52 PM
230 ... 8910
tools
    The assumptions there are based on the production of legs in early development in whales, sharks (some have been born with legs) and the conclusion that they have the genes still for producing those appendages (obviously correct). I'm not going to pretend to understand it all in that specific case, but they're not really saying cow --> whale, they're saying cows and whales have a common ancestor. Just like they don't say monkey ---> human or dinosaur ---> bird, but rather they came from the same origination point in the distant past. There is a guy named Jerry Coyne who is a master of comprehending biology, but his books and seminars all seem to be very defensive about religion. His points about evolution are dead on, but he can't do it without being snarky, so I don't throw many viewers his way. You don't have to destroy the "opposition" in order to make your point.
    I would instead say that they don't have a common ancestor, they just have a common creator.

But I will check that guy out. Thanks for the link. I need more time.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-08-2013 11:40 PM
    Dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible.
    You can post a link to a biased christian website. How nice. Means nothing.
    07-08-2013 11:42 PM
    For every one crackpot theory this guy comes up with there are tens of thousands of real scientists that can disprove what he's saying with actual scientific methods. It's laughable that he's calling simple sedimentary layers a pyroclastic event. Nothing in that video is science, and it's really sad that you're so brainwashed that you can't see that.

Note how he uses words like 'dozens of eyewitness accounts' meaning he never measured anything. He just took what he thought were plausible eruption dates and marked photos with what layers he thought they should belong to. No age dating, no fossil records, no actual measurements of any kind. Has he been back to check if he's right? Probably not because NOTHING has changed in that area since this video, go look yourself. According to him it should be hundreds of feet taller by now. Strange how that creek is flowing through the middle, forming the canyon. That must have happened over a course of days!

Lets all trust the scientist from the Institute for Creation Research!
    I hate to pop your bubble but this guy is a geologist. He studied it and is just showing what can happen over the course of a short period of time. This video is just a very small part of a larger video and study that shows literal lava flow and water moving in real time. It was recorded. This just a small segment.

And guess what? Yup, he just did a new video and study 30 years later. Shows more data to prove his research.

Of course there are scientists who will cry foul. This happens whenever something is validated in the Bible. And alternately when at scientist finds something in favor of evolution.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    07-08-2013 11:49 PM
    The problem with your post is that there is tremendous amounts of assumption on fossil records and dating which has been disproven over and over again.
    You're the only one that's assuming. Show me where the word dinosaur is EVER used in the bible. Go ahead, try. What they use is the Hebrew word 'tanniyn' which means dragon, demon or serpent. BIG difference. Today in Hebrew the word means crocodile.

Try again.
    07-08-2013 11:51 PM
    You can post a link to a biased christian website. How nice. Means nothing.
    You all were warned to keep it civil. Under minding others points with snide little comments is doing precisely other than that. I don't know if its the fact that you don't feel secure in your own argument, or you just feel the need to belittle others, but its done.

Thread closed.
    badbrad17 and Lendo like this.
    07-08-2013 11:52 PM
230 ... 8910