12-13-2015 01:42 PM
196 ... 45678
tools
    I thought these documents get releases after 30 years?

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.
    07-16-2013 06:38 PM
    I thought these documents get releases after 30 years?

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.
    The time frame for releasing classified documents varies depending on the level of classification and, in some cases, what it is. For example, the bulk of information surrounding the investigation of the murder of President Kennedy was sealed for 75 years.

But for proof that the government was spying on Americans, we need look no further than Joseph McCarthy of the 40's and 50's (interesting fact, he was a Democrat until 1944 then became a republican for the last 13 years of his life) and J. Edgar Hoover, who not only had his bureau spying on Americans, but regularly used that information to his personal and professional advantage, in addition to persecuting people with differing agendas from his own.
    jdbii and msndrstood like this.
    07-16-2013 07:03 PM
    For anyone who doesn't believe that we are running the risk of becoming police states.....would you believe it if it came from someone who was head of one of these spying agencies???

Spy chief: We risk a police state - Telegraph
    cdmjlt369 likes this.
    07-17-2013 02:28 PM
    For anyone who doesn't believe that we are running the risk of becoming police states.....would you believe it if it came from someone who was head of one of these spying agencies???

Spy chief: We risk a police state - Telegraph
    I haved believed this for years. The government has been very subtle about changing things. Most people are unaware because they hide a law or amendment in a 1300 page bill that's completely unrelated to said bill. No one worries because its a little here, a little there. Enough little things add up after time and may be too late before people realize.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    GadgetGator likes this.
    07-17-2013 05:49 PM
    I haved believed this for years. The government has been very subtle about changing things. Most people are unaware because they hide a law or amendment in a 1300 page bill that's completely unrelated to said bill. No one worries because its a little here, a little there. Enough little things add up after time and may be too late before people realize.

Unfortunately this is very true. The government wants to take away our rights, but they know everyone would not accept it all at once. Instead, they slowly restrict this, and outlaw that, until one day we don't know what hit us.

Posted from Android Central Mobile.
    07-17-2013 05:57 PM
    If you are worried about the NSA then, you are really going to freak out about the cop who lives next door...

http://m.nbcnews.com/technology/aclu...ers-6C10654018

Sent via Note II
    07-17-2013 06:04 PM
    I have no problem with that. My tag is in view of the public.

07-17-2013 06:53 PM
    Just a little related comic relief...

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    Attached Thumbnails Edward Snowden-Hero, Traitor or something else?-uploadfromtaptalk1374122846781.jpg  
    Aquila and msndrstood like this.
    07-17-2013 11:47 PM
    Just a little related comic relief...

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    Much needed and awesome
    msndrstood and gollum18 like this.
    07-17-2013 11:48 PM
    I have no problem with that. My tag is in view of the public.
    I was kind of torn on them until I saw a report on TV last night showing that not only do they capture your plate and match it up with a crime database (I am fine with that part), BUT that each time they do so, they take a photo of your car. It was shown that someone could bring up a photo gallery history of each and every place that car had been at the time of scanning. In one case it even showed a photo of a guy and his little daughter getting out of their car in their driveway. Now, if the police were standing outside your house and taking photos of you and your elementary school aged daughter and your house and car, would that be okay to you? Would that be a little creepy? It seems creepy to me.
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-18-2013 01:24 PM
    I was kind of torn on them until I saw a report on TV last night showing that not only do they capture your plate and match it up with a crime database (I am fine with that part), BUT that each time they do so, they take a photo of your car. It was shown that someone could bring up a photo gallery history of each and every place that car had been at the time of scanning. In one case it even showed a photo of a guy and his little daughter getting out of their car in their driveway. Now, if the police were standing outside your house and taking photos of you and your elementary school aged daughter and your house and car, would that be okay to you? Would that be a little creepy? It seems creepy to me.
    Didn't see thst part. Agree that thats creepy.

07-18-2013 01:50 PM
    What are your thoughts?
    12-19-2013 02:55 PM
    Still a traitor, my opinion hasn't changed.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    12-19-2013 05:06 PM
    Traitor.

✌SG3/iPad2
    12-19-2013 05:06 PM
    Deb made an identical thread to this a couple of months ago.

This is a signature.
    msndrstood likes this.
    12-19-2013 05:11 PM
    Deb made an identical thread to this a couple of months ago.

This is a signature.
    Oops, sorry. I was looking to see if a thread about this had already been made and I couldn't find one.
    12-19-2013 05:23 PM
    Oops, sorry. I was looking to see if a thread about this had already been made and I couldn't find one.
    It even (almost) had the same title -

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...omething else?

This is a signature.
    12-19-2013 05:40 PM
    And I still think he's a hero because of why he did what he did and what has now come of what he did.
    jdbii likes this.
    12-19-2013 06:36 PM
    He brought to light some very disturbing things that our federal government was doing. I'm not sure I'd label him as a hero since he did run to Russia (but Sarah Palin has assured me that she has been keeping an eye on him) but I also don't think I'd label him as a traitor since I don't believe he did something with an explicit desire to harm America. A lot of what he's doing now by slowly releasing documents that he stole will determine my opinion of him. IMO, the jury is still out.
    BadHead1970 and monsieurms like this.
    12-19-2013 10:01 PM
    He brought to light some very disturbing things that our federal government was doing. I'm not sure I'd label him as a hero since he did run to Russia (but Sarah Palin has assured me that she has been keeping an eye on him) but I also don't think I'd label him as a traitor since I don't believe he did something with an explicit desire to harm America. A lot of what he's doing now by slowly releasing documents that he stole will determine my opinion of him. IMO, the jury is still out.
    He had to leave or he'd be locked up in a prison right now. He had no other good option.

Oh, and now they are going to try and excoriate Rand Paul over him basically speaking the truth. Rand is no Ron, and I've no plans to vote for him, but props where they are, in fact, due.

CNN.com: Peter King: Rand Paul Disgraced His Office

I can't for the life of me understand people who honestly believe the propaganda our government spews.
    12-19-2013 10:37 PM
    He had to leave or he'd be locked up in a prison right now. He had no other good option.

Oh, and now they are going to try and excoriate Rand Paul over him basically speaking the truth. Rand is no Ron, and I've no plans to vote for him, but props where they are, in fact, due.

CNN.com: Peter King: Rand Paul Disgraced His Office

I can't for the life of me understand people who honestly believe the propaganda our government spews.

If he stayed, I probably would've seen him more as a hero. I can't remember where I heard it, nor the exact wording but I believe it went something like, "The difference between a Hero and a normal person is that a person sees the danger and flees. A hero sees the danger and stands up to it despite his fear".
    msndrstood likes this.
    12-19-2013 11:24 PM
    Hero for revealing government operations against it's own citizens. Traitor for revealing capabilities and operations against foreign governments, which is exactly what the NSA should be doing.

It seems like the vast majority of what has been released so far is in the second category.

The only thing that really seems out of bounds so far is the NSA influencing cryptographic standards to weaken them. Its not as if bored Google engineers don't look through your data as well ( http://gawker.com/5637234/gcreep-goo...spied-on-chats ).

It's also not like the NSA is the only national level agency doing this, China is well known to have attempted to and succeeded in breaching Google and collecting against Google, and I'm certain that others do as well. Weakening US intelligence services while not whispering a word about what other nation's services are doing (which he likely knew as well) does sort of give the impression of a deliberate attempt to harm the united states.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    monsieurms likes this.
    12-20-2013 03:39 AM
    Traitor or not, he confirmed that the government does spy on its own citizens. Something that anyone that is not brain dead of ignorant beyond belief already suspected. Just another straw on the back of the "our government is incompetent" camel.
    12-20-2013 06:48 AM
    Traitor or not, he confirmed that the government does spy on its own citizens. Something that anyone that is not brain dead of ignorant beyond belief already suspected. Just another straw on the back of the "our government is incompetent" camel.

But you can't help wonder if there would even be a debate if there was no story. Sadly, something of this magnitude, you'd expect our media to be the ones to bring something like this to light. I think the days of media exposing corruption in our government is all but gone. Sometimes it seems like they're just another branch of government.
    12-20-2013 07:19 AM
    Hero
    12-20-2013 07:31 AM
196 ... 45678