11-15-2013 08:18 PM
419 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I'll pay for mine, you pay for yours.
    09-13-2013 11:55 AM
    Never has and never will work that way. Even the current medicare system requires you to pay for the elderly. They would never be able to afford it and they likely never put as much into the system when they were working as they will inevitably take out of it. Medicare is priced artificially low for the sole reason that no one would go for it if they knew the true cost.
    09-13-2013 12:00 PM
    It kinda does work out like that in the long run, as while your young, fit, earning your less likely to claim, however when your older, more brittle and earning less your likely to claim.
    So in a sense your paying for yourself in the future, for the average person. As with the other post, its why governments have issues with an aging population. When a population ages there is less working citizens to help recoup the costs of caring for the elderly who old helped their elderly and so fourth.

You will be surprised by the cost of a universal health care system, it works out to be far cheaper for the average person - yes that includes tax's.
    09-13-2013 06:58 PM
    It kinda does work out like that in the long run, as while your young, fit, earning your less likely to claim, however when your older, more brittle and earning less your likely to claim.
    So in a sense your paying for yourself in the future, for the average person. As with the other post, its why governments have issues with an aging population. When a population ages there is less working citizens to help recoup the costs of caring for the elderly who old helped their elderly and so fourth.

You will be surprised by the cost of a universal health care system, it works out to be far cheaper for the average person - yes that includes tax's.
    No...I doesn't work like that. I'm paying for something I don't want. The exchanges here in my state already show unreasonable rates. As businesses drop insurance and cut hours, more people will be on obamacare causing rates to skyrocket even more.

P.S. didn't mean to thank above post...lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-23-2013 08:37 AM
    No...I doesn't work like that. I'm paying for something I don't want. The exchanges here in my state already show unreasonable rates. As businesses drop insurance and cut hours, more people will be on obamacare causing rates to skyrocket even more.

I didn't understand that. You don't want healthcare or insurance?

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    Fairclough likes this.
    09-23-2013 08:51 AM
    I didn't understand that. You don't want healthcare or insurance?

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    I don't want government healthcare. I have the insurance I want, which means I get the healthcare I want. Obamacare will damage private healthcare immensely. People will eventually be forced into obamacare because employees will simply not offer it. My company is already considering this. Many other have already dropped insurance or cut hours.

09-23-2013 11:25 AM
    I don't want government healthcare. I have the insurance I want, which means I get the healthcare I want. Obamacare will damage private healthcare immensely. People will eventually be forced into obamacare because employees will simply not offer it. My company is already considering this. Many other have already dropped insurance or cut hours.

They're already forcing part time employees to find their own healthcare. Instead of providing it for them, they reference them to third party suppliers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    09-23-2013 11:45 AM

They're already forcing part time employees to find their own healthcare. Instead of providing it for them, they reference them to third party suppliers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I work for Applebees, and we cannot work more than 30 hours a week (part time) because the franchise doesn't want to provide us with obamacare.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    09-23-2013 11:47 AM
    I work for Applebees, and we cannot work more than 30 hours a week (part time) because the franchise doesn't want to provide us with obamacare.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    This bill has terrible consequences for the job market, not to mention all the other negatives that have been brought up. The people who created and voted this thing in don't even want it. Wake up people....that's what we call a clue.

Live2ride883 likes this.
    09-23-2013 01:02 PM
    lol lol, i was wondering about that

cdmjlt369 likes this.
    09-23-2013 02:25 PM

You can remove your thanks....
    09-23-2013 04:35 PM
    You can remove your thanks....
    Not sure how to do that. And for some reaso half of the inages posted I can't see on here on my phone.. wonder why?

09-23-2013 04:58 PM
    Not sure how to do that. And for some reaso half of the inages posted I can't see on here on my phone.. wonder why?

On my N10 that I use for most of my posts, the thanks button becomes the remove thanks button.
    cdmjlt369 likes this.
    09-23-2013 05:04 PM
    09-24-2013 04:25 AM
    1. Abolish income tax and implement sales tax system with standard living deductions set for each area.
    2. Cut as much government spending as possible(yes this includes the affordable care act)
    3. REMOVE corperate tax completely.
    4. Set plan for eliminating the nation debt
    5. Put in place amendments to prevent federal government from going into debt again except for times necessity (such as war).
    6. Set plan to cut taxes across the board as soon as debt is eliminated.
    7. Set term limits for congress.
    8. Put in place plan to secure Mexican border as much as possible.
    9. After border secured, set in place proper channels and grace period for illegal immigrants to secure legal visas or exit the country.
    10. After grace period is over, secure funding and power for states to locate and seize illegal immigrants and refer them to the federal government for deportation/prosecution.
    11. Clarify second amendment and reinforce its security.
    12. Create a federal standard for securing carry permits and evaluate states that infringe upon set standard.

And on day 2...
    cdmjlt369 and qxr like this.
    09-24-2013 10:11 AM
    1. Abolish income tax and implement sales tax system with standard living deductions set for each area.
    2. Cut as much government spending as possible(yes this includes the affordable care act)
    3. REMOVE corperate tax completely.
    4. Set plan for eliminating the nation debt
    5. Put in place amendments to prevent federal government from going into debt again except for times necessity (such as war).
    6. Set plan to cut taxes across the board as soon as debt is eliminated.
    7. Set term limits for congress.
    8. Put in place plan to secure Mexican border as much as possible.
    9. After border secured, set in place proper channels and grace period for illegal immigrants to secure legal visas or exit the country.
    10. After grace period is over, secure funding and power for states to locate and seize illegal immigrants and refer them to the federal government for deportation/prosecution.
    11. Clarify second amendment and reinforce its security.
    12. Create a federal standard for securing carry permits and evaluate states that infringe upon set standard.

And on day 2...
    Looking forward to 2016 so I can vote for you.

cdmjlt369 and NoYankees44 like this.
    09-24-2013 11:07 AM
    We can hope so

09-24-2013 02:37 PM
    Before implementation of the ACA...

So, you have health care at your job, but your company just downsized, no more healthcare for you since healthcare isn't portable.

Never mind if you have a pre existing condition, doesn't matter what it is or if it was 5 years ago, you had it, no insurance for you.

If you're a woman, you'll pay more.

If you get sick, the insurance company can drop you, at any time, for any reason. Good luck trying to find another insurance to cover you.

If you get sick, just go to the ER for your health care, whether it's a heart attack or a sore throat. Then in a year or so, you can just file bankruptcy to wipe out that debt.

You have car insurance, and some people pay thousands a year to drive a car, but refuse to buy health insurance because they're healthy, until they're not. Is that car more important than your health or the health of your family?

You're heading off to college, you get sick, or hurt, whatever. You're on your own, your parents insurance won't do anything for you.

And if your employer isn't giving you the hours because of health care, blame your employer, you're just not that important to them. Because, I'll bet the owner of that business has top notch healthcare for himself and his family.

Edit: This wasn't directed at you Jennifer per se, I have friends who have the same issue. I think it's pathetic that a company won't even offer health benefits. My daughter worked for Applebee's about 8 years ago and had health insurance, she was part time. It wasn't great insurance, bottom tier, but it was something for her and the kids. So any employer that employs over 50 people and doesn't offer health insurance is inexcusable. They don't have to pay the entire premium or even half, but the fact that they can negotiate better terms because of their size but won't because of ideology is just wrong.

Sent via Note II
    Fairclough and gamefreak715 like this.
    09-24-2013 05:48 PM
    Before implementation of the ACA...

So, you have health care at your job, but your company just downsized, no more healthcare for you since healthcare isn't portable.

Never mind if you have a pre existing condition, doesn't matter what it is or if it was 5 years ago, you had it, no insurance for you.

If you're a woman, you'll pay more.

If you get sick, the insurance company can drop you, at any time, for any reason. Good luck trying to find another insurance to cover you.

If you get sick, just go to the ER for your health care, whether it's a heart attack or a sore throat. Then in a year or so, you can just file bankruptcy to wipe out that debt.

You have car insurance, and some people pay thousands a year to drive a car, but refuse to buy health insurance because they're healthy, until they're not. Is that car more important than your health or the health of your family?

You're heading off to college, you get sick, or hurt, whatever. You're on your own, your parents insurance won't do anything for you.

And if your employer isn't giving you the hours because of health care, blame your employer, you're just not that important to them. Because, I'll bet the owner of that business has top notch healthcare for himself and his family.

Edit: This wasn't directed at you Jennifer per se, I have friends who have the same issue. I think it's pathetic that a company won't even offer health benefits. My daughter worked for Applebee's about 8 years ago and had health insurance, she was part time. It wasn't great insurance, bottom tier, but it was something for her and the kids. So any employer that employs over 50 people and doesn't offer health insurance is inexcusable. They don't have to pay the entire premium or even half, but the fact that they can negotiate better terms because of their size but won't because of ideology is just wrong.

Sent via Note II
    Its a bad situation no doubt. But if a company is made to pay benefits they can't afford to provide, they will cut employees, wages, or hours. You may be surprised at the percentage an employer pays towards insurance for its employees. Thats another downside to obamacare. Some of these companies would rather pay the fine than the insurance. Some will cut hours and you will have to work 60 hours part time between 2 jobs to make what you would with 40 hours and maybe 5 hours overtime with one full time job. And as far as cheap insurance goes, obamacare isn't cheap. We are being taxed already then $90-$160/week for me and my 3 kids isn't in the realm of reasonable. $7,500 deductable? Then whatever the copay is. Many of the people this was suppose to help will find its not so affordable. We need reform I agree. Pre-existing conditions, not being able to shop across state lines are terrible flaws in the insurance system. I wonder how many of these people that get a $10, 000 tax return don't have insurance?

09-24-2013 10:05 PM
    I strongly question the patriotism of any company who cut hours to avoid contributing to health care. I question their concern about the health and welfare of their employees. There seems to be little to none. These employers are just thinking, "Me", not "We". Do we really want employers like this? They put dollars ahead of people.
    Fairclough and msndrstood like this.
    09-25-2013 08:20 AM
    I strongly question the patriotism of any company who cut hours to avoid contributing to health care. I question their concern about the health and welfare of their employees. There seems to be little to none. These employers are just thinking, "Me", not "We". Do we really want employers like this? They put dollars ahead of people.
    Its got nothing to do with Patriotism. Its got everything to do with being able to afford it. Many businesses simply cannot. And the of the ones that can, many more would have to take the huge cut in their bottom line that would make it not worth opening their doors. There is no wonder why companies keep shipping labor overseas when we create such a hostile business environment here.

The fundamental reason for a business to exist is to generate profits for its owner(s). Providing jobs and goods/services for the general public are nothing other than happy side effects of this purpose. If you take away the businesses profitability, you take away the business. They are there to generate dollars. Not jobs or healthy people.

Of course better employs generally come with better benefits, but its the job of the market to determine that, not the government. You are not forced to work anywhere just like no company is forced to hire or keep you. If you think you are worth more, then find a job that will give you what you think you are worth. If you cannot find a job that will pay you what you think you are worth, then you are WRONG. Plain and simple. Make yourself more valuable or quit asking for more money/benefits.
    qxr and cdmjlt369 like this.
    09-25-2013 08:37 AM
    I bet many can afford it, during our recession our engineering companies complained they had to win state projects and cut of employees to make a profit.... they made a record profit and than sacked 1/2 the office infavour of hiring more in their office in India, I hear the same companies office in Canada got hit hard too! I think Obama care needs its own thread.
    palandri and msndrstood like this.
    09-25-2013 08:55 AM
    Open healthcare insurance across statelines. Allow for real competition. Force tort reform so medicine isn't practiced defensively.
    To the aussie who thinks the U.S. does not have a top notch medical system. You are misinformed. Further we do not refuse care, not even to illegals. We gave high costs because of illegals and outrageous medical malpractice insurance thanks to lawyers and some greed. Force insurance companies to compete and costs will come down. Reform the tort laws and costs will come down.
    As for socialized medicine. ..lol. try getting in line for a CABG surgery in canada versus we can schedule the next day in the U.S. try waiting 6 weeks to see an oncologist in canada to start chemo. Oh, here in the U.S. we can see you within a day or two, not exaggerating, and start chemo immediately. Further a one payer system will kill innovation.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-25-2013 09:04 AM
    Its got nothing to do with Patriotism. Its got everything to do with being able to afford it. Many businesses simply cannot. And the of the ones that can, many more would have to take the huge cut in their bottom line that would make it not worth opening their doors. There is no wonder why companies keep shipping labor overseas when we create such a hostile business environment here.....
    I disagree. I think it has everything to do with Patriotism. National Health Care is the law of the land. It was voted in democratically, and these businesses are doing everything within their power to avoid the law that was democratically passed. Take a look at Applebee's that Jennifer works for. They have an operating income of $1.3 billion and a net income $81 million and 30,000 employees. To me, Applebee's could care less about the health and welfare of their employees, they only care about their profits, just like any sweatshop in the 3rd world.

We don't need businesses that put profits before people.
    msndrstood and Fairclough like this.
    09-25-2013 09:09 AM
    I think the single best thing for government would be changing the structure. Impose term limits, and ELIMINATE the electoral college. Figure out a way to get money out of politics. Money corrupts.

Posted via Android Central App
    qxr and cdmjlt369 like this.
    09-25-2013 09:11 AM
419 ... 910111213 ...